PDA

View Full Version : I hate the taste of crow....Sorry Ben.

LambertIsGod58
02-02-2009, 10:24 AM
As many of you know, I was one of the so-called "Ben haters". I have NEVER said that I hated Ben. Nor have I ever routed against him. But what I have said is that he wasn't worth the 100 mil and that he's not an elite QB. And unfortunately for me, he's done nothing but make me eat these words. It's become painstakingly clear that the overwhelming majority of the problems with this offense is the line. Ben hasn't been seeming to hold onto the ball too long. And when he does, he's made the right decision. So many of you were right about him. His play might not always be pretty, but it's about winning. And Ben is a winner.....He's definately changed my opinion of him. So to those that I pissed off with my postings about Ben, I apologize. WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE ONE OF THE ELITE QB'S IN THE LEAGUE!!!:drink:

Hines0wnz
02-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Kudos for coming out about your shortsightedness! :chuckle:

I kid, but in seriousness, things like this are much appreciated and I'd like to welcome you to the 'positive' side of the aisle. :thumbsup:

Plus.....these playoffs have really shown how clutch Ben really is so I am glad we have him under contract for several years. I'd hate for him to go somewhere else only to burn us for the rest of his career.

memphissteelergirl
02-02-2009, 10:29 AM
LambertIsGod,

It takes a big man to admit his mistake. I applaud you.

Steel_Bus_24
02-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Just imagine if we get a couple more good Linemen

Im still in awe of the pass to Ward before the half in the Chargers game....and now this:tt02:

LambertIsGod58
02-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Just imagine if we get a couple more good Linemen

Im still in awe of the pass to Ward before the half in the Chargers game....and now this:tt02:

That would be scary for the rest of the league. If we had one of the better offensive lines, with that defense.....OMG!!! No one would be able to stop us.

plenewken
02-02-2009, 10:38 AM
I was also a little skeptical about Ben earlier this season but I have to admit, his performance during the last part of the season, the playoffs and particularly last night erased all doubts in my mind.
Ben is definitely an elite QB and I can only imagine what he could do behind a stronger OL giving him more protection.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Way to Man up lambertisgod58!!! You are right that Ben hangs onto the ball longer than most QB's....he admitts it, analysts admitt it, defensive players like Osi Umenyora know it and actually like it !!

Its the double edged sword that Ben plays by and we are all fortunate that he wins more often than he loses by it. SIXBURGH BABY!!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 11:05 AM
That would be scary for the rest of the league. If we had one of the better offensive lines, with that defense.....OMG!!! No one would be able to stop us.

A better offensive line will start to happen this offseason, but don't expect the sack numbers to go down drastically. Even 3 years ago with Smith, Faneca, Hartings, Simmons, Starks......they gave up over 40 sacks. Its how Ben plays.

An improved O line will improve the running game a bunch though.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2009, 11:13 AM
As many of you know, I was one of the so-called "Ben haters". I have NEVER said that I hated Ben. Nor have I ever routed against him. But what I have said is that he wasn't worth the 100 mil and that he's not an elite QB. And unfortunately for me, he's done nothing but make me eat these words. It's become painstakingly clear that the overwhelming majority of the problems with this offense is the line. Ben hasn't been seeming to hold onto the ball too long. And when he does, he's made the right decision. So many of you were right about him. His play might not always be pretty, but it's about winning. And Ben is a winner.....He's definately changed my opinion of him. So to those that I pissed off with my postings about Ben, I apologize. WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE ONE OF THE ELITE QB'S IN THE LEAGUE!!!:drink:

Good post brother...:drink:

stillers4me
02-02-2009, 11:13 AM
You're a good man, LIG58. :drink:

Welcome to the Ben is God club. :chuckle:

The Patriot
02-02-2009, 11:17 AM
It mystifies me how such a big guy can change directions so swiftly in the pocket. Great QBs don't force throws when they need to score. They keep the drive alive and capitalize on any opportunity that the defense gives them.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 11:24 AM
It mystifies me how such a big guy can change directions so swiftly in the pocket. Great QBs don't force throws when they need to score. They keep the drive alive and capitalize on any opportunity that the defense gives them.

Hey Patriot , out of curiosity of what another fan of a different team thinks. Do you believe that Ben deserves to be in the category as Manning, and Brady?

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 11:26 AM

I'll be the first to say .....I Told You So!

:flap:

Phade
02-02-2009, 11:52 AM
ben is an absolute stud and ill let him bang my wife if he wants too..

LambertIsGod58
02-02-2009, 12:01 PM
I'll be the first to say .....I Told You So!

:flap:

I've got big shoulders.....I deserve it.

X-Terminator
02-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Way to man up, LIG58! I honestly thought nothing would ever make you change your mind about Ben. Good to see that I was wrong. Cheers! :drink:

STEEL-MAN
02-02-2009, 12:05 PM
You know crow can be good if seasoned well! Ben isn't Elite, a throw back player, winner, rare, thrives under pressure starts too.

Ben is something special, the word elite doesn't define him maybe un-believe-able, in Canton one day they will try to define the kind of QB he was, I bet it starts with the statement BEST EVER to play the game!

Edman
02-02-2009, 12:06 PM
No "I told you so's" here. LIG58, thank you for manning up and admitting what we've all been saying. Big Ben is the real deal.

kittenfantastico76
02-02-2009, 12:06 PM
:thumbsup: Well stated! I've always been a huge fan of Ben, but I believe that no matter how great he is or the team is there's always ways they or anyone in the NFL can improve on things. I'm enjoying this winning season and looking forward to all the things they will do next year!! They've got a great foundation to build up upon!!! :tt02:

LambertIsGod58
02-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Way to man up, LIG58! I honestly thought nothing would ever make you change your mind about Ben. Good to see that I was wrong. Cheers! :drink:

How could I not change my stance? He didn't make any mistakes...and if he did he more than made up for them. I must have been blind to his ability to extend the play and make things happen. He does know how to win. And I was in awe of plays he made. LIke that first down to Heath when in all reality he should have been sacked. He's made a believer out of me....not just from yesterday. But late in the season and throughout the playoffs.

LambertIsGod58
02-02-2009, 12:11 PM
No "I told you so's" here. LIG58, thank you for manning up and admitting what we've all been saying. Big Ben is the real deal.

Hey Edman, I appreciate the display of class. But I don't blame Dino or anyone else of the same opinion.

43Hitman
02-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Way to man up LIG58. Kudos to you!! That play to Heath was freaking amazing man. I couldn't believe how poised he was last night.

MACH1
02-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Nice post. :cheers:

Way to stand up. Besides there's always next year. :flap:

tony hipchest
02-02-2009, 12:47 PM
how bout cheese?

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

welcome to bendom lig58 :cheers:

i'll tell you what, its so much easier (and nicer) going into the final 2 minutes of that game thinking "now is when ben does what he does" as opposed to "oh shit, were screwed and pissed away a superbowl"

CLINZ
02-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Ben is right up there with Tom Brady. He's a franchise QB. Give the line a little more experience and the sky is the limit. I see a couple more SB in the future. Ben should have been MVP last night.

Polamalu43
02-02-2009, 01:08 PM
This dude hates on everybody, nothing new.. next time believe in the fellas we got instead of bashing them on every thread u see!!!!

markymarc
02-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Very nice post and way to man up. What is really scary is if the FO would actually put a real OL out there to protect Ben.

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Hey Edman, I appreciate the display of class. But I don't blame Dino or anyone else of the same opinion.

Its all good, I was teasing...we discussed it privately prior to the playoffs so I knew you'd come around to seeing...and his performance as an elite QB is unquestionable now.

shevdog
02-02-2009, 01:54 PM
I had mixed feelings about Ben at times too. Ben has earned my respect from he's actions on and off the field. He has solidifed himself as the captain of the offense! So good or bad from here on out, Ben's the man.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 02:22 PM
In the Boomer, TJ, Steve Young interview Ben calls himseld legendary . :chuckle:

Keepin it modest ben?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Takes a big man to admit he was wrong. I bet that is the best tasting crow you have ever eaten since we are now 6 TIME SUPERBOWL CHAMPS AND THE UNDISPUTED GREATEST FRANCHISE IN NFL HISTORY!!!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Ben is right up there with Tom Brady. He's a franchise QB. Give the line a little more experience and the sky is the limit. I see a couple more SB in the future. Ben should have been MVP last night.

Brady is as "good" as he is because he is surrounded by talent and has one of the best o-lines in football. Cassel did a great job this season without having been a starter since highschool. Brady would not have made that final drive last night, no way in hell. Ben is good in spite of his o-line, not because of it.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 02:56 PM
I wanna hear everyone say it .....

ELITE QUARTERBACK

LambertIsGod58
02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
This dude hates on everybody, nothing new.. next time believe in the fellas we got instead of bashing them on every thread u see!!!!

Once again you are wrong.....and I thought you were "blocking" me so you couldn't see my posts?

Preacher
02-02-2009, 05:39 PM

Once again you are wrong.....and I thought you were "blocking" me so you couldn't see my posts?

Come now. LIG came out and said he was short-sighted. On a website where none of us know him personally, he didn't have to do that. It was quite cool of him to do that. Everyone has an opinion. LIG changed it, announced it, and it is good to have him in the same opinion as myself and many others!!

Welcome aboard. Someon pass the Kool-aid too him!! :rofl:

Fire Haley
02-02-2009, 11:40 PM
What is really scary is if the FO would actually put a real OL out there to protect Ben.

That's what I keep saying - Ben runs mostly because he's under pressure.
Give him a top notch O-line in front of him and another starting WR and see how good the offense can be.

7SteelGal43
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
The biggest complaint (and it's crossed my mind too) is of course that he hangs on to the ball too long. Let's face it. If he throws it away during that last drive, it stalls or dies, game over. He kept numerous plays alive all during that drive by doing exactly what he's been criticized for......and finding the open man. Next time ya feel the need to say "throw it away, Ben", just remember who's wearing TWO Super Bowl rings and who's waving their terrible towel in front of the tv. You are the man, Big Ben Roethlisberger, the absolute MAN :checkit: