PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Steelers Fans

82CardsGrad
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Gotta first offer my congrats to Steeler Nation... 6 titles is truly an amazing accomplishment. In his own, unique style, Ben did it again... The guy is simply a straight, pure winner...
I do need to make a few points though:

- Harrison: Should've been ejected for his antics and personal foul call... Classless move for sure...

- The Cards offense moved the ball in ways no other team had against the Steeler defense. Warner threw for nearly 400 yards, hit a passer rating of 112, a completion % of 72%... Our WR's did what so many here thought they couldn't...

- Taylor did a very nice job on Fitz, better than anyone else had all year. Still, Fitz pulled in 7 catched for nearly 130 yards...

- Did Clark, Troy, or anyone else "knock out" a Cardinal??

- Was that really roughing the passer on Dansby?

Anyway, this is your board and you guys had every right to talk smack and talk down the Cardinals... I give the Steelers their due as in the end, they won... However, I also know that this Cardinal team proved that they were for real. They proved that their offense truly can't be stopped as they put up #'s on a Lebeau defense nobody thought possible.
And, with $41million under the cap, they should be back in the post season next year...

What a season.... Congrats again...

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Gotta first offer my congrats to Steeler Nation... 6 titles is truly an amazing accomplishment. In his own, unique style, Ben did it again... The guy is simply a straight, pure winner...

- Harrison: Should've been ejected for his antics and personal foul call... Classless move for sure...

- The Cards offense moved the ball in ways no other team had against the Steeler defense. Warner threw for nearly 400 yards, hit a passer rating of 112, a completion % of 72%... Our WR's did what so many here thought they couldn't...

- Taylor did a very nice job on Fitz, better than anyone else had all year. Still, Fitz pulled in 7 catched for nearly 130 yards...

Anyway, this is your board and you guys had every right to talk smack and talk down the Cardinals... I give the Steelers their due as in the end, they won... However, I also know that this Cardinal team proved that they were for real. They proved that their offense truly can't be stopped as they put up #'s on a Lebeau defense nobody thought possible.
And, with $41million under the cap, they should be back in the post season next year...

Thanks for the compliment, but save your excuses .

The Cards deserved to be there more then anyone else in the NFC division. And fitz is truley unstoppable. He is containable, but you cant Stop the kid. The Cardinals franchise will indeed rise after this season, you will see a lot more players wanting to play for Arizona.

X-Terminator
02-02-2009, 11:42 AM

Thanks for the classy post. Too bad many of your other fans can't do the same. But to address your points:

- It's arguable that Harrison should have been ejected. I personally don't think he should have been, because if so, then Adrian Wilson should have been ejected for throwing a punch at Hines Ward.

- The Cards' offense proved that they are very good. Get a better rushing attack and they'll be truly great.

- There are some who will look at Fitz' numbers and say that Ike did not have a good game. But neither TD can really be blamed on him - the first one was just a great grab, and the second one was a missed assignment. Other than that, I thought he did OK.

- No, but they still laid some pretty good licks on them.

- Weak call. No question.

Thanks again, and good luck next season! :drink:

82CardsGrad
02-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the compliment, but save your excuses .

The Cards deserved to be there more then anyone else in the NFC division. And fitz is truley unstoppable. He is containable, but you cant Stop the kid. The Cardinals franchise will indeed rise after this season, you will see a lot more players wanting to play for Arizona.

Nt offering any "excuses" dude... You guys won, period... Ben put together his own version of "The Drive". The Cards had their chance to stop Ben at any point during the final 2 mins, and they didn't...

Congrats...

Stlrs4Life
02-02-2009, 11:48 AM
While I don't condone what Harrison did, it was pretty stupid, but didn't deserve ejection. Yes that was roughing the passer on Dansby, close call, yes, but was a penalty. Warner and Fitz were very good, nobody said that they wouldn't be. The Cards played a good game. And thanks for stopping by and the Congrats. Same to your team, they had a excellent season.

STEEL-MAN
02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the congrats.

First of all Harrison had a reason for doing what he did, it wasn't mentioned but there was a reason.

The Cards moved the ball but only what the Steelers gave them.

I disagree about the Cards moving the ball like no other team. They were playing from behind all night. They got a big break with the holding call in the end zone, I still don't see the holding.

Know one needed knockout to win this game, the Steelers got real basic with play calling after half time scored. When the time came to move they did with out a problem.

All the Cards could do is watch their hopes and dreams end!

Steelers Defense is a pressure D, aggressive. The calls got soft so did their play, that is until they had to stop Werner, you know the story, lights out!

mtsamuelson
02-02-2009, 11:54 AM

I honestly thought this was real close to being a blowout. 20 to 7 at the beginning of the fourth quarter with the Steelers being ultra conservative. I mean, the game didn't seem close at all for the first three quarters, but I tip my hat to Fitzgerald and company for making their way back into this game.

But, in the end, Big Ben and the Steelers offense pulled it out with a few clutch plays. What an ending!

GO STEELERS! :tt:

Milkman
02-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Much :love: for the post.

werd

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 12:01 PM

Congrats again... Thanks for backing up your promise to come back, but the whiny excuses make you sound like Seahawks fans.

-The Harrison hit was perfectly legal and the same thing as if Woodley had fallen at Levi Browns feet and Brown kept him down and hit him in the chest as he got up. The only thing is that he continued after the whistle.

-The roughing the passer on Dansby was close. I say if he didnt extend with the forearm shiver to Ben's back there is no flag. I thought if the refs let them play, then that is not penalty and neither is Hartwig's hold for a safety. Ask yourself that?

-Nobody knocked out a Cardinal. DRC didnt pick Ben a couple times, nor did Breaston get vertical or Q have a big game.

-Fitz had 13 yards in the 1st half and Polamalu blew the coverage on that 62 yard TD, so really.........your all world WR only had 1 great TD and one on a blown coverage.

Again, thanks for manning up and the congrats, but don't go away "WHINING" Just go away. Scoreboard.

82CardsGrad
02-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the congrats.

First of all Harrison had a reason for doing what he did, it wasn't mentioned but there was a reason.

Would love to know the "reason" that forced a man to act in such a classless manner...

I disagree about the Cards moving the ball like no other team. They were playing from behind all night. They got a big break with the holding call in the end zone, I still don't see the holding.

Did no other team "play from behind" this season against Pitt?? Regarding the holding call, your guy literally tackled Okeafor...

Know one needed knockout to win this game, the Steelers got real basic with play calling after half time scored. When the time came to move they did with out a problem.

I don't have the time to search for all the posts here that guaranteed "knock outs" by Clark, Troy and others... Anyway, I agree with you...knockout were not "needed"... they never are...

Uh... yea...

Steelers Defense is a pressure D, aggressive. The calls got soft so did their play, that is until they had to stop Werner, you know the story, lights out!

"Werner"?? :toofunny:

T&B fan
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the congrats.

ok please tell us ... I for one did not see what was done to him to do what he did .. no need to be ejected .. flag hell yes ..

yes I did not see them moveing the ball like no other team ,, our D played that prevent D :banging::banging::banging: in the 4Q and it almost cost us the game . all is forgeven the D after all did get us here :thumbsup::tt03:

82CardsGrad thanks and you guys should have a good yr next yr

revefsreleets
02-02-2009, 12:10 PM

Why? Because Madden said so? It was a cheap shot for sure, but it was hardly a violent punch, and he hit him in the shoulder pad. Also, did we see what provoked Harrison?

Yup. They did. BUT it wasn't enough...the team that scores the most points has always won the game, and last night was no exception.

Concur. Ike made a couple mistakes thougha nd Fitz made him pay DEARLY.

I noticed that the Steelers secondary was making very violent hits on the Cards WR. I'm sure if they were asked, the WR's would admit that nobody smacked them around like that all year. There doesn't need to be a field littered with bodies to prove that the Steelers hit harder than any other team in the league.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Regarding the holding call, your guy literally tackled Okeafor...

:
Watch it again. Tackling is what Mike Gandy did to Harrison all day.

Okeafor ran over Hartwig and the only reason it was called holding is because Hartwig had his hands outside the shoulder pads as he is getting run over. If our guy tackled Okefor, then the tackler would not be on his back. :rolleyes:

It was a borderline call that I think the ref didnt need to make. I personally dont think you make a ticky tack call like that in the endzone of the super bowl, but have let worse things go throughout the game on the 4 yard line.

revefsreleets
02-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Watch it again. Tackling is what Mike Gandy did to Harrison all day.

Okeafor ran over Hartwig and the only reason it was called holding is because Hartwig had his hands outside the shoulder pads as he is getting run over. If our guy tackled Okefor, then the tackler would not be on his back. :rolleyes:

It was a borderline call that I think the ref didnt need to make. I personally dont think you make a ticky tack call like that in the endzone of the super bowl, but have let worse things go throughout the game on the 4 yard line.

THAT call was true gamechanger. The kind of call that CAN effect the very outcome of the game. And Hartwig's hold was marginal, the kind that goes on every play in every game by every player. Remember that we had converted a 3rd and long from our own 1 inch line on that safety. If you take away the penalty, give the Steelers the 1st down, and start playing "if's and maybe's", that game could have very well been over at that point.

Excuses for losses are not cool, but blaming the refs is amateur hour. I don't mind complaining about shitty reffing (I do it all the time) but you have to add the caveat that poor officiating is just part of the game, and good teams overcome it.

TheManOfSteel
02-02-2009, 12:55 PM
If that wasnt roughing the passer nothing is.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Excuses for losses are not cool, but blaming the refs is amateur hour. I don't mind complaining about shitty reffing (I do it all the time) but you have to add the caveat that poor officiating is just part of the game, and good teams overcome it.

Revefsreleets.............I cant agree more with what you said. Real football players dont pin it all on the refs, the know they should have overcome bad calls in some other facet of the game to win the game. Crying about the refs is amateur hour.

And you know that you and I dont agree on a lot of fronts, but we can both agree that #6 is a sweet surprise for any Steeler fan that saw our schedule back in September. :tt03:

TheSteelCurtain
02-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Revefsreleets.............I cant agree more with what you said. Real football players dont pin it all on the refs, the know they should have overcome bad calls in some other facet of the game to win the game. Crying about the refs is amateur hour.

And you know that you and I dont agree on a lot of fronts, but we can both agree that #6 is a sweet surprise for any Steeler fan that saw our schedule back in September. :tt03:

If we dont come back and score the game winning TD. Some of us could make the same complaint. "That the ref's gave the game away." We got called for 2 marginal holds as well. But I for one will not make excuses. Even the PF on Ike Taylor. I was so mad at IKE and he lost his head but what about 6 Cardinals attacking him. Its not like Boldin was letting go of IKE when he was out of bounds. How about a offsetting. On the big breston pass play our nickel back got held to no end. Even Polamalu was calling for a flag and he never does. Im not complaining im just saying. If the Steelers lose this game the same complaints could have been made.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 01:56 PM

Considering the source, is there really any surprise? :coffee:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 02:17 PM
If we dont come back and score the game winning TD. Im not complaining im just saying. If the Steelers lose this game the same complaints could have been made.

Honestly, on the final drive I was thinking that the Steelers only got 3 points the entire 2nd half and have squandered opportunities to put away this overachieving Cardinals team.

I wasnt complaining about the refs or calls, but thought the hold was marginal that the ref could have kept the flag in his pocket. I was blaming the Steelers for not putting it away more than thinking the Cards or Refs beat us.

TheSteelCurtain
02-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Honestly, on the final drive I was thinking that the Steelers only got 3 points the entire 2nd half and have squandered opportunities to put away this overachieving Cardinals team.

I wasnt complaining about the refs or calls, but thought the hold was marginal that the ref could have kept the flag in his pocket. I was blaming the Steelers for not putting it away more than thinking the Cards or Refs beat us.

I agree and i just kept my eye on that score and that clock.

Im more talking about cardinals fans and anyone else bitching about the ref's.

If the steelers lose that game we can make the same complaints. If we chose to be sore losers and do so.

T.Richardson
02-02-2009, 02:21 PM

How was your boy DRC??? He couldn't stop Holmes.

PisnNapalm
02-02-2009, 02:21 PM

I'll address the 3 things I highlighted...

1. The guy clipped Harrison's knees. That's a dangerous and illegal block that could have ended an MVP's career. I think Harrison was justified in pissed right the hell off.

2. Clark and Troy did what LeBeau told them to do. They were needed to help out more in pass coverage more than perhaps any other game this season. I knew going in that they would not be ones blitzing or helping to stop the run.

3. Compared to many hits Ben takes after he throws the ball, that was not bad at all. I was surprised actually. I don't recall us getting a single roughing call all season though.

To counter your points....

1. I think Ben was in for a touchdown and that his knee did not hit the turf. Just pay attention to the shadow under his leg. When shadow meets leg the leg is down. That didn't happen.

2. I think Warner did fumble that ball and whined his way out of it.

3. I think this was one of the most exciting Super Bowls ever. It came down to the wire.

Have a nice day.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Honestly, on the final drive I was thinking that the Steelers only got 3 points the entire 2nd half and have squandered opportunities to put away this overachieving Cardinals team.... I was blaming the Steelers for not putting it away more than thinking the Cards or Refs beat us.

Agreed - I was pissed that the Steelers didn't apply their full weight, crush their windpipe and put the game away when they had opportunities to do so. Thank God for Santo and Ben.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 02:25 PM
How was your boy DRC??? He couldn't stop Holmes.

Yeah, and that facemask call on DRC was the refs "robbing us". :crying02:

The "shut down corner" DRC got .............Holmes-schooled !!!

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 02:29 PM
DRC =

Didn't Really Cover Holmes at all!

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
That is another thing, everyone was like FITZ BOLDIN BREASTON,:blah:

No mention of how hot Holmes was going into this game.

Other then Fitz, those other 2 superstar Wide outs didn't impress me at all.

:tt03:

TheSteelCurtain
02-02-2009, 02:43 PM
That is another thing, everyone was like FITZ BOLDIN BREASTON,:blah:

No mention of how hot Holmes was going into this game.

Other then Fitz, those other 2 superstar Wide outs didn't impress me at all.

:tt03:

I agree. We game them some underneath stuff but that was their game play. The Cards played a 1 dimensional game and it was 20-7 in the 4th Quarter. These guys are going to get yards that is inevitably. But they need 3-4 Touchdowns to win a game like this. Despite playing a little conservative in the 2nd half. (which i hate) We moved the ball really well.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Yeah, and that facemask call on DRC was the refs "robbing us". :crying02:

The "shut down corner" DRC got .............Holmes-schooled !!!

OMG!! People around me were tryin to argue that it didn't happen. :banging:

It wasn't until later that night on espn they had a clear view of it so i decided to call the leader of the dumbasses to watch the play. Of course he didnt answer , i knew he was watching. :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 03:26 PM
OMG!! People around me were tryin to argue that it didn't happen. :banging:

It wasn't until later that night on espn they had a clear view of it so i decided to call the leader of the dumbasses to watch the play. Of course he didnt answer , i knew he was watching. :chuckle:

Good for you. I originally thought it was just a hands to the face, but he did grab and twist.

Again...............HOLMES-Schooled !!!

SteelersinCA
02-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Hopefully this means this guy will leave our boards for good now, maybe he'll start another thread to tell us he's leaving again.

SteelCurtain7
02-02-2009, 08:39 PM
You notice that 82CardsGrad hasn't posted in two pages?

Apparently he was only here to offer backhanded compliments and more whineage.

WAAAAH!!! Get over it already. Go cry on your own Deadbirds board with your Tampax-using friends. :rofl:

TheSteelCurtain
02-02-2009, 11:18 PM
I think they took him away in the Waahbulance. Maybee he went out for a Waahburger and some French Cries.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Could have been a classy post, but you had to try to soil our victory by complaining.

If Harrison should have been ejected, then so should the Cards player who ran over the place holder. The guy was down on one knee and the Cards player made no attempt to avoid him and just trucked him over. Neither player deserved to be ejected, they both deserved the penalties they got.

If you want to talk about crappy calls, I'll bite. The ruling on the field for Ben's TD run was just that, a TD. Called by a ref who was standing on the goal line. There is no way in hell there was "indisputable evidence" to overturn that call. (gave the cards 4 points) The "holding" call that gave the Cards a safety was bull and wouldn't have been called in any other situation. Getting trucked over by a d-lineman isn't holding. (gave the cards 2 points and set them up for 7 more with the free kick)

The refs gave the Cards 6 points, and you could raise the argument they gave them 13.