PDA

View Full Version : Is this classy?

Pages : 1 [2]

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
It's all good - he's "found God," after all.

Only God knows the true heart of man.

Stover4Prez
02-03-2009, 12:44 PM
I agree the thread was started with a bit of a controversial tone. But it has produced 26 pages of opinions and discussions. So people obviously want to talk about it and have something to say. It appears you are staff here. If you think it is inappropriate, shut it down.

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 12:49 PM
I agree the thread was started with a bit of a controversial tone. But it has produced 26 pages of opinions and discussions. So people obviously want to talk about it and have something to say. It appears you are staff here. If you think it is inappropriate, shut it down.

More like 26 pages of meandering, but then the "controversial" threads always get the most action. I don't like to shut down threads which is the only reason I haven't done so already. I'm hoping people will just start to ignore it and it'll die of it's own volition.

Crushzilla
02-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Actually, I think it was a roundabout way to try and piss on our parade, but whatever.

There is absolutely no denying that the thread was started to rain on our parade.

It was posted... what... 12 hours after the game?

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 12:54 PM

I can see how his title would get people riled up, but his post was not nasty like some others I have seen from fans of other teams. I believe he was trying to say......'we pride ourselves in our players of being of good character, and classy guys'...and in his opinion Harrison didn't show much restraint, composure, or class in his behavior...so he opened the door for discussion on the topic.

Crushzilla
02-03-2009, 12:56 PM

Yes, riveting opinions and discussion... "for me to poop on."

More like you guys trying to convince us that a play that had little to no effect on the game was mishandled worse than the banking industry.

I smell a rat.

I don't give a crap if it's thinly veiled with congratulatory droppings here and there; this thread was started to stir shit up... Bottom line.

CB1977
02-03-2009, 12:57 PM
You guys were winning at the time of this classless act so, he should never have done that in the first place.

He deserved the penalty and a huge fine.

Ejected? I've seen worse and they still remained in the game. With that being said, these guys are all professional football players and should act like it. I don't care if it's the Steelers or any other team; they should not do what your player did.

By the way, congrats on a good game!!!!

Crushzilla
02-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I can see how his title would get people riled up, but his post was not nasty like some others I have seen from fans of other teams. I believe he was trying to say......'we pride ourselves in our players of being of good character, and classy guys'...and in his opinion Harrison didn't show much restraint, composure, or class in his behavior...so he opened the door for discussion on the topic.

My beef comes with the proximity to the game.

We have all offseason to talk about this stuff, but the Rats want to come around now while we are more prone to argue with them.

After all, it's more fun when we are a few hours removed. Giving us time to digest the game/act would be silly.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-03-2009, 01:00 PM
The refs gave us nothing! You're nieve for even making that remark. He inadvertantly ran into the holder. It was a terrible call, but the defense was able to stop your Steelers from scoring a TD afterwards. Lets just not mention the illegal block to the back on the Int return for TD that wasn't called. It doesn't matter how the block started, you don't block someone when they're back is turned to you. That's still no excuse for the defense not stopping your offense with 2 and a half minutes left tho.

I knew I would bring it out of you. Repeat after me "I have only been a fan of football for two weeks and have no idea what the hell I am talking about".

A) that wasn't an illegal block, but putting Harrison in a rear naked choke when he burns your ass is

B) Fitzgerald had already removed himself from the play by running out of bounds, he couldn't be the first person the touch Harrison anyway.

C) Don't use an insult if you can't spell it. It just makes you look naive :coffee:

D) Yes, the refs did give you a BS safety call that got you back into the game. They also took Ben's TD away without "indisputable evidence" to overturn it. I would say they gave you plenty.

E) Your team lost the game, period! We overcame the BS in the closing minutes and put your team away. I can understand you being frustrated, but don't blame the refs. If the Cards players can take the loss like a man, so should you. You sound like the crybaby Wah-hawks fans.

BleedBlacknGold0
02-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I agree with you about that whole Ray Lewis murder cry....people CONSTANTLY bringing it up is getting annoying and very......boring. In my opinion, a lot of the time people can't think of anything more creative or insightful to say, so they resort to bringing up what has become the standard comeback....Ray Lewis is a murderer.

I agree we should just sweep the whole murder thing under the table and talk about this far more controversial and violent play.

Steeldude
02-03-2009, 01:20 PM
the play is still going on. he is allowed to push him as much as he wants. it's called blocking. it's not like he was stabbing him with a knife.

You simply cannot throw a punch at another player in a game

what punch?

it was a weak call. if you don't like it then take up baseball or stamp collecting.

if you zoom-in you can see the yellow stain on francisco's pants.

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
I agree we should just sweep the whole murder thing under the table and talk about this far more controversial and violent play.

The topic of the thread was about JAMES HARRISON. If you want to talk about Ray Lewis...you could always start a thread about him.

revefsreleets
02-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Was the topic of this post to begin with about Ray Lewis?? No it wasn't. The poster wanted to know our thoughts on the Harrison situation, there was no need to bring up anything about Ray Lewis. So this guy is a RATS fan..so what. He didn't inquire as to our opinion on Ray. That is why I felt it was unnecessary to bring him up.
I didn't know that you were "the decider" of this threads content. It's 26 pages long. The topic wondered a little. It happens.

A Rat fan talking about class is like the guy with the flowers growing out of a toilet in his front yard complaining that HIS neighbor has tacky yard decor.

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 02:07 PM
I didn't know that you were "the decider" of this threads content. It's 26 pages long. The topic wondered a little. It happens.

A Rat fan talking about class is like the guy with the flowers growing out of a toilet in his front yard complaining that HIS neighbor has tacky yard decor.

I apologize if I came across as a "decider" ...I didn't mean to. I just was stating my opinion as to so much of the talk on this topic is becoming more about Ray than I felt it needed to.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-03-2009, 03:07 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :sofunny:

Personally I like the broken fridge on the front porch look myself. :doh:

SteelersinCA
02-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Can we lock this thread or something. If you are an opposing team's fan and you are telling me you wouldn't want the "classless" Harrison on your team, you may continue to speak, otherwise go back to your own forums and cry about how you more than likely got your face smashed by the Steelers. This is football, penalties happen, James Harrison making people his b*tch happens. :wave:

stlrz fan
02-03-2009, 04:16 PM
I have watched NFL NEtwork and ESPN and haven't heard a word about this yet today. I don't know if they kind of understand the justification and frankly the fact that he put Francisco on his Butt and that's it. I can't see how Madden can say that he "punched a man while he was down". There is nothing there.

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I can't see how Madden can say that he "punched a man while he was down". There is nothing there.

Simple, for the same reason he was compelled to say "didn't look like a hold to me!" about Locklear in SB XL. Madden has always had a rabid anti-Steelers bias and that bias was on full display once again Sunday evening due to the fact that he's still butthurt over the Immaculate Reception. He strained to find fault in EVERY penalty called against the Cards and he simply couldn't do it and still hope to have any shred of credibility afterwards. The network coverage of this game, IMO, sucked.

steelpride12
02-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Of all the fans in the NFL the hard hitting cheap shotting Ratbirds fans are complaining. He was blocking him on the punt giving him no chance to down the ball and o yes IT'S FOOTBALL! Give me a break. If you can't take a few shots deal with it. He got his 15 yard penalty and we still got our 6-pack. Cry.

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 04:29 PM
The same way he said "didn't look like a hold to me!" about Locklear in SB XL. Madden has a rabid anti-Steelers bias and that bias was on full display again Sunday evening due to the fact that he's still butthurt over the Immaculate Reception . He strained to find fault in EVERY penalty called against the Cards and he simply couldn't do it and still have any shred of credibility afterwards. The network coverage of this game, IMO, sucked.

I tend to agree, Madden or Collinsworth should obviously both never be allowed to call a Steelers game. Their overwhelming Anti-Steeler biased takes away any objectivity and they always say things that other media pick up on and start to take as standard fact instead of opinion.

Madden is still pissed about 1972, he admits that, he can't even talk about it without getting angry...and for him to call a Steeler game is like allowing Bill Clinton baby sit your teen daughter. Its just not going to end well.

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 04:32 PM
I tend to agree, Madden or Collinsworth should obviously both never be allowed to call a Steelers game. Their overwhelming Anti-Steeler biased takes away any objectivity and they always say things that other media pick up on and start to take as standard fact instead of opinion.

And having that fat, blubbering slob Holmgren as part of the "crew" was another masterstroke in "objective" coverage.

Stang909
02-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm not gonna read through this whole thread so I don't know if this has been said but when asked if this is classy or not I take the Greg Lloyd approach. Harrison wasn't hired for his disposition.

St33lersguy
02-03-2009, 05:38 PM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r3/dkr624/GIFs/harrisonisaahole.gif

He should have been ejected and you guys should condemn this. I'm sure he'll have a chunk of his gamecheck going to the human fund. Or maybe not.

What are your thoughts?

What the f*** are you crying about. Those band of thugs, criminals, and classless jerks do bush league bulls*** much worse than that all the time. I know that that non- football playing f*** who spit in Berger's face, tried to injure Skip's knee, later excessively tackled Ward just to injure him, and calls himself a football player would have done something MUCH MUCH WORSE. Ray "I murder people" Lewis would have probably stabbed him :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 05:41 PM
And having that fat, blubbering slob Holmgren as part of the "crew" was another masterstroke in "objective" coverage.

Oh yeah...totally...he flat out called out the refs after the XL Super Bowl, how the heck he even gets invited to the stage...pathetic.

SteelCityKing
02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
honestly. why does anyone care? i mean, the fact of the matter is...he was frustrated, blew off some steam, it was out of line. but guess what? NOBODY CARES! it's done and over with.

the only people who care are fans of rival teams because they just want to have somethign to bitch and complain about because they sat back and watched OUR team take another title and do what we do to win. i'm NOT apologizing for our team and our actions and even what fellow fans think, but you fans of rival teams need to grow the hell up and quit digging up sh*t to cry about. i'm really sorry that you feel SO bitter and SO pissed off and SO jealous...grow up and get over it. damn...

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 05:46 PM
i'm NOT apologizing for our team and our actions and even what fellow fans think....

I agree - particularly when the opposing fans in question who are raising the point are throwing stones in glass houses based on their own team's history and conduct.

SteelCityKing
02-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I agree - particularly when the opposing fans in question who are raising the point are throwing stones in glass houses based on their own team's history and conduct.

i just don't get how they can sit back and watch our team snag another ring and then sit there and pick apart our performance just to find something to b*tch about! it's like everyone who cheers for the AFC North and rivals the Steelers just nitpicks the hell out of EVERYTHING that doesn't go their way and they just can't be happy and learn to shut up. they ALWAYS have to say something about something when that something is practically nothing.

listen, i don't expect the Browns, Bengals, Ravens, and any other team who rivals us to sit there and say "congratulations guys. you deserved it." i expect some deceny in the fact the not a single damn one of your teams can touch us right now and you are just flat our JEALOUS! Steelers fans don't get pissed, jealous, and bitter if things don't go our way. we bite the bullet, vent to ourselves, and we get over it and live to die another day. if only AFC rival fans can take a Black and Gold chill pill and just enjoy the game for what it is...entertainment. but to me, entertainment isn't sitting here listening to rival fans picking apart everything we hold dear and expecting us t sit there idly while you trash our team. like i said before, GROW UP and this topic will not rest until you take my advice or the thread is deleted.

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 05:53 PM
listen, i don't expect the Browns, Bengals, Ravens, and any other team who rivals us to sit there and say "congratulations guys. you deserved it."

Nope, I don't either - but by the same token, when they come to OUR BOARD and try to shit on our accomplishment, I'm letting them have it with both barrels.

SteelCityKing
02-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Nope, I don't either - but by the same token, when they come to OUR BOARD and try to shit on our accomplishment, I'm letting them have it with both barrels.

and they are notorious for that. but you won't EVER see me get on the rival boards and run my mouth. even though i have every fact to back it up, they wouldn't like it just like we don't like it. i guess i have more class than those people and i worry about my people and fellow friends, family, and fans.

classless franchises carry some REALLY classless people. i guess that just comes with being unclassy.

*note i said SOME classless people. not everyone from rival teams are bad. just the whiny, jerk off , crybabies. you know who you are. i hope you can sleep at night in your purple, orange, and brown pajamas. =)

xFreeWord420x
02-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Football is an intense sport. James Harrison is an athlete, an incredible one at that. When you get a guy like Harrison, and put up with all the holding he has this year; Your glory sometimes leaves you behind. I was actually happy about it, because it reminded me of a long time great LB for the Steelers; Jack Lambert.

Frustration gets the best of us; The only reason everyone is whining about it, is because it is him. He definantly shouldn't have been kicked out of the game.

I just find it so funny coming from a RAVENS fan. Ray Lewis, one of the most unclassy players in the NFL, not to mention a murderer.

SteelCityKing
02-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Football is an intense sport. James Harrison is an athlete, an incredible one at that. When you get a guy like Harrison, and put up with all the holding he has this year; Your glory sometimes leaves you behind. I was actually happy about it, because it reminded me of a long time great LB for the Steelers; Jack Lambert.

Frustration gets the best of us; The only reason everyone is whining about it, is because it is him. He definantly shouldn't have been kicked out of the game.

I just find it so funny coming from a RAVENS fan. Ray Lewis, one of the most unclassy players in the NFL, not to mention a murderer.

it's okay though. Ray Lewis is a free agent after this year. so, maybe he'll move to a classier organization. too bad i can't really think of one off the top of my head! haha!

honestly, i don't care were Ray goes. i would hope he'd stay in Baltimore just to retire there and he'll probably make the Hall of Fame. BUT...that doesn't make him a true winner in my eyes. he just needs to wrap up his career at the top of his game. don't take Brett Favre's advice and stick it out and become a has been.

paw-n-maul-u
02-03-2009, 06:06 PM
haha oh man, D-bo JACKED him up. that was awesome. why did I feel like it wasnt nearly as bad before??

Oh, well, that was awesome, harrisons fine prolly pales in comparison to his fat SB check. he was establishing a mentality and is just a badddddd man. tisk tisk for trying to mess with him.

Petesburgh66
02-03-2009, 06:28 PM
What nobody had a bad day in the office?

In the grand scheme of things, who cares. I have seen worse in hockey games.

I agree that haters are using this incident to shit on the Steelers parade. You want to say Harrison is unclassy or dirty; then get some balls and say it to his face and not behind a computer.

MaidenIndiana
02-03-2009, 06:32 PM
It'll be a cold day in hell before I start worrying about whether or not a ratbird fan thinks one of our players is classless. I'll be happy if the ratbird fans can count to 6, which is number of tropheys we now own.:tt03:

SteelCityKing
02-03-2009, 06:35 PM
It'll be a cold day in hell before I start worrying about whether or not a ratbird fan thinks one of our players is classless. I'll be happy if the ratbird fans can count to 6, which is number of tropheys we now own.:tt03:

they got 5 more to go before they catch up. but i'm sure we'll get 3 more before they get their next. so, i'm not too worried. =)

IAWarnerFan
02-03-2009, 06:36 PM
I believe you are wrong on both these rules. You can't hit a kicker or a holder unless you are blocked into them, period. If you are blocking a defender and he turns his back to you, it is not a penalty.

Go ahead and cry for a day or two, then go home. You are starting to look trollish.:troll:
He was going for the ball. Should have been ruled incidental contact. Either that or just don't let the defense cross the line at all and let the kicker kick it without defensive pressure. :noidea:
Either way asking for an ejection for that as others have on here would be very lame! :blah:

Illegal block in the back hahaha. I can tell you never played a down of football in your life. He pushed him in the shoulder with one hand. It was far from a block in the back. I watched the play over and over and over again. The only people that think it was a block in the back is Card's fans. Strange isnt it. Fitzgerald should have been flagged 15 yards for running the whole way down the field Out of Bounds and being the one to initiate contact. That gives us the ball on the 1 with a second left. The mighty mighty Kurt Warner should have never threw the ball the begin with. Lebeau worked him out like a school boy and the veteran warner fell for it. Running into the holder is a penalty. Whether you want it to be or not it is today, tommorow and next year. Here is 2 for you there was no evidence to over turn Ben's TD on the first drive. It needs to be inconclusive and it was not. The call on the field was a TD. The holding in the endzone was a joke too. Our guy got beat so bad he was on his back before he had a chance to hold anybody. Great play by your nose tackle but you cant call a holding there. Its not the officials fault your OT couldnt handle our LB's for a second. If the wanted to they could have called 3 more holds. The idea of throwing Harrison out is hillarious. You should be glad he did not get thrown out in actuality. He got flagged for 15 whiched led to the safety. 3 Players later we ran a set for the first time which involved harrison as a decoy again. That was the play Fitz housed for 65 yards and the lead. If James Harrison was not in the game. We probably would not have called that decoy set. Its a 2 way street brother.

Im not saying we got jobbed. We won the games that great. But if the steelers dont score a TD there to win it. We could make the same complaints the sore loser cards fans are making but we wouldnt. We would own up to the fact our team didnt preform the way the needed to. You should be happy our offense let off a little bit or this would have been a blowout.
You shouldn't be able to shove a player that's back is turned to you. It's all in the interprutation of the rules. Whatever! :blah:
I agree and it was terrible play call to begin with. We've had questionable calls the whole season tho.
Sure you can and it was holding. if he lets the player go, it could have been a sack or fumble. It was a good call by the refs in that situation. You can call holding on about every play, but it's the one where the lineman won't let the player go that should be called and it was.
You should be happy that our offense didn't show up for the first half or this would have been a blowout. Same thing! :flap:

I knew I would bring it out of you. Repeat after me "I have only been a fan of football for two weeks and have no idea what the hell I am talking about".

A) that wasn't an illegal block, but putting Harrison in a rear naked choke when he burns your ass is

B) Fitzgerald had already removed himself from the play by running out of bounds, he couldn't be the first person the touch Harrison anyway.

C) Don't use an insult if you can't spell it. It just makes you look naive :coffee:

D) Yes, the refs did give you a BS safety call that got you back into the game. They also took Ben's TD away without "indisputable evidence" to overturn it. I would say they gave you plenty.

E) Your team lost the game, period! We overcame the BS in the closing minutes and put your team away. I can understand you being frustrated, but don't blame the refs. If the Cards players can take the loss like a man, so should you. You sound like the crybaby Wah-hawks fans.

I'm not and never was a fan of the Steelers. I don't dislike them, but I don't like them either! No, I have no clue on what you're talking about! :flap:

A) He shouldn't have been the first one to him see above.
B)You're right see A.
C) Good catch. O well!
D) It wasn't BS the player actually held him to the point where he couldn't get to the QB. Had a fumble occured, a safety does maybe save you a few points.
E)And you aren't exactly taking the win with class. You wouldn't be making some of these comments if you were.

SteelCurtain7
02-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Dangit, IA--you still whining? Jeez. Don't you have your own team's board to cry on?

IAWarnerFan
02-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Dangit, IA--you still whining? Jeez. Don't you have your own team's board to cry on?

Just addressing those who addressed me. Like you just did. Not cry, why would I be? :popcorn:

SteelCityKing
02-03-2009, 06:46 PM
IAWarnerFan is more than welcome to stay. he is ONE the classier rival fans. he can chat it up with the best of us and take some heat in the process. he's good to go....for now. haha!

not all rival fans are pricks...just AFC North rival fans. =)

43Hitman
02-03-2009, 06:48 PM
He was going for the ball. Should have been ruled incidental contact. Either that or just don't let the defense cross the line at all and let the kicker kick it without defensive pressure. :noidea:
Either way asking for an ejection for that as others have on here would be very lame! :blah:

You shouldn't be able to shove a player that's back is turned to you. It's all in the interprutation of the rules. Whatever! :blah:
I agree and it was terrible play call to begin with. We've had questionable calls the whole season tho.
Sure you can and it was holding. if he lets the player go, it could have been a sack or fumble. It was a good call by the refs in that situation. You can call holding on about every play, but it's the one where the lineman won't let the player go that should be called and it was.
You should be happy that our offense didn't show up for the first half or this would have been a blowout. Same thing! :flap:

I'm not and never was a fan of the Steelers. I don't dislike them, but I don't like them either! No, I have no clue on what you're talking about! :flap:

A) He shouldn't have been the first one to him see above.
B)You're right see A.
C) Good catch. O well!
D) It wasn't BS the player actually held him to the point where he couldn't get to the QB. Had a fumble occured, a safety does maybe save you a few points.
E)And you aren't exactly taking the win with class. You wouldn't be making some of these comments if you were.

Why are you even here? Is it so you can see what a championship team message board looks like? Seems to me your only trying to instigate a flame war. Your freaking board banned me for nothing, yet we still let you asshats come over here telling us how to act. If you don't like OUR gloating on OUR board after WE won the game then run along.:coffee:

SteelCityKing
02-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Why are you even here? Is it so you can see what a championship team message board looks like? Seems to me your only trying to instigate a flame war. Your freaking board banned me for nothing, yet we still let you asshats come over here telling us how to act. If you don't like OUR gloating on OUR board after WE won the game then run along.:coffee:

sick burn. =)

XxKnightxX
02-03-2009, 06:58 PM
going to 300 posts? too long to read haha wooo I contributed.

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 07:08 PM

43Hitman..You got banned from their board:nono:???? What did you do, argue the bombing of Pearl Harbor was actually done by the Japanese and not the Germans?

SteelCityKing
02-03-2009, 07:10 PM
43Hitman..You got banned from their board???? What did you do, argue the bombing of Pearl Harbor was actually done by the Japanese and not the Germans?

haha! it's like trying to argue that Kevin Bacon was NOT in Footloose! haha!

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 07:15 PM
haha! it's like trying to argue that Kevin Bacon was NOT in Footloose! haha!

I said that because he had posted( a few days ago..in the Blast Furnace I believe) something he read on the Cards message board about someone making a comment about how the GERMANS bombed Pearl Harbor lol.

IAWarnerFan
02-03-2009, 07:17 PM
We are champions as well. Not NFL champions, but NFC champions. Nope, I was willing to drop this entirely, but you decided to quote me. I don't like the fact that some of you feel that your team just let the Cardinals hang around. Why not just admit your Steelers played a great team that was up to the task of giving your team it's best game of the year? I'd be shocked if someone quotes me on even this. :noidea: :popcorn:
BTW you were banned for posting a garbage article written by someone else about Warner. Like I said at the time he proved you doubters wrong.

43Hitman
02-03-2009, 07:19 PM
43Hitman..You got banned from their board:nono:???? What did you do, argue the bombing of Pearl Harbor was actually done by the Japanese and not the Germans?

Posted an article called "Curtains for Kurt" got flagged as a troll. And was banned, when I told a moderator to debate me intellectually instead of flame baiting me. I also posted an article about the Steelers being vulnerable to trick plays and the draw play. But they didn't bother talking about that thread.

43Hitman
02-03-2009, 07:23 PM
We are champions as well. Not NFL champions, but NFC champions. Nope, I was willing to drop this entirely, but you decided to quote me. I don't like the fact that some of you feel that your team just let the Cardinals hang around. Why not just admit your Steelers played a great team that was up to the task of giving your team it's best game of the year? I'd be shocked if someone quotes me on even this. :noidea: :popcorn:
BTW you were banned for posting a garbage article written by someone else about Warner. Like I said at the time he proved you doubters wrong.

Funny thing is bud, if your looking for some consolation prize from us your not getting it. The game is over. And if you want us to help you feel better, you can forget that too. Seriously, why do you even care what we think about your team. You guys sure the hell didn't give us fans the time of day on your board. Why shouldn't we return the favor?

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Posted an article called "Curtains for Kurt" got flagged as a troll. And was banned, when I told a moderator to debate me intellectually instead of flame baiting me. I also posted an article about the Steelers being vulnerable to trick plays and the draw play. But they didn't bother talking about that thread.

Unbelievable. Well, some people can't handle an intellectual debate, so the easiest thing to do is ban you so they don't have to think of anything insightful or intelligent to say. You post something about our teams weaknesses( which I agree with you about the draw play..wish they would throw it out), which imo would have made for a very GOOD, lively discussion, and yet don't even get to engage in any conversation about that...hmmm thought that is what message boards were for.

SteelCityKing
02-03-2009, 07:26 PM

honestly, i wasn't counting the Cardinals out. my thoughts are this, Warner is a great player and deserved MVP and a seat in the Hall of Fame. Fitzgerald is by far the best WR in the league and proved it with his 2 TD performance. they came back to take the lead...BUT...

...you can't count out the Steelers when it comes to Ben Roethlisberger and his 4th quarter comebacks. i knew he'd bring it back up and that catch by Holmes was by far the highlight of the year and we ended up taking the win. not because of the catch, but because our #1 ranked defense took over and snagged the fumble. that's what sealed the deal for the Cardinals.

the Cards made it a great game for the players, the fans, and the world and i never once counted them out by saying, "we"ll crush them, they suck." i said that they are in the Super Bowl for a reason and i'm NOT counting them out, but i had faith the Steelers would do something miraculous and they did.

i'm sorry for your loss and i'm glad you decided to stick around and chat it up a bit most rival fans leave after they get their hearts ripped out. =) stick around...i like you. but not in THAT way! ha!

43Hitman
02-03-2009, 07:32 PM
honestly, i wasn't counting the Cardinals out. my thoughts are this, Warner is a great player and deserved MVP and a seat in the Hall of Fame. Fitzgerald is by far the best WR in the league and proved it with his 2 TD performance. they came back to take the lead...BUT...

...you can't count out the Steelers when it comes to Ben Roethlisberger and his 4th quarter comebacks. i knew he'd bring it back up and that catch by Holmes was by far the highlight of the year and we ended up taking the win. not because of the catch, but because our #1 ranked defense took over and snagged the fumble. that's what sealed the deal for the Cardinals.

the Cards made it a great game for the players, the fans, and the world and i never once counted them out by saying, "we"ll crush them, they suck." i said that they are in the Super Bowl for a reason and i'm NOT counting them out, but i had faith the Steelers would do something miraculous and they did.

i'm sorry for your loss and i'm glad you decided to stick around and chat it up a bit most rival fans leave after they get their hearts ripped out. =) stick around...i like you. but not in THAT way! ha!

Neither did I. I have a ton of respect for the Cards, but their fans are really getting on my nerves. I was nothing but respectful on their board, and got treated like complete garbage. So I say EFF EM!

IAWarnerFan
02-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Neither did I. I have a ton of respect for the Cards, but their fans are really getting on my nerves. I was nothing but respectful on their board, and got treated like complete garbage. So I say EFF EM!

Agreed! You didn't say anything, but why post garbage someone else said?

Thank you on the bolded statement. Very classy thing to say. :wink02:

SteelCityKing
02-03-2009, 07:40 PM

for some reason i couldn't even log onto their boards. i tried...just to get behind enemy lines and see what they were saying about us. just sit there and watch and wait...read and learn...but i couldn't even get a screename on the site. so, i said, f*ck it and went back to my friends on SF and here i am to stay. everything that needs to be said about opposing teams fans can be said here and heard without being banned and being scrutinized. so, here i am...once again. =)

SteelCityKing
02-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Agreed! You didn't say anything, but why post garbage someone else said?

Thank you on the bolded statement. Very classy thing to say. :wink02:

how dare you!? HOW DARE YOU!....

...have an avatar with the great Terry Bradshaw and the goofy Kurt Warner together!? i am shocked...and appaled! haha! kidding! but HOW DARE YOU!? =)

IAWarnerFan
02-03-2009, 07:42 PM
how dare you!? HOW DARE YOU!....

...have an avatar with the great Terry Bradshaw and the goofy Kurt Warner together!? i am shocked...and appaled! haha! kidding! but HOW DARE YOU!? =)

RESPECT! :wink02:

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 07:42 PM
for some reason i couldn't even log onto their boards. i tried...just to get behind enemy lines and see what they were saying about us. just sit there and watch and wait...read and learn...but i couldn't even get a screename on the site. so, i said, f*ck it and went back to my friends on SF and here i am to stay. everything that needs to be said about opposing teams fans can be said here and heard without being banned and being scrutinized. so, here i am...once again. =)

Hey, on a side note...the PENS are on :tt03:. You watchin the game?

SteelCityKing
02-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Hey, on a side note...the PENS are on :tt03:. You watchin the game?

hey, on a side note...NO! but thanks for reminding me...i shall watch after a bit. =)

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 07:48 PM
hey, on a side note...NO! but thanks for reminding me...i shall watch after a bit. =)

You're welcome. :)

Stlrs4Life
02-03-2009, 08:17 PM
You guys were winning at the time of this classless act so, he should never have done that in the first place.

He deserved the penalty and a huge fine.

Ejected? I've seen worse and they still remained in the game. With that being said, these guys are all professional football players and should act like it. I don't care if it's the Steelers or any other team; they should not do what your player did.

By the way, congrats on a good game!!!!

You mean like Turkey Jones?:doh::doh::flap:

steelers2685
02-03-2009, 09:56 PM
What was up with that? I was pretty disappointed when I saw what he was doing on that play and in my opinion that made him lose a majority of MVP votes for the game. Was there some jawing going on there that we didn't see on TV or what? Needless to say, I know it's a contact sport and such but punching a guy isn't an honorable thing especially after setting a standard as THE defensive force of the NFL. What are your thoughts?

I thought it was very fitting for him to bring the Lombardi down in the parade today though that's for certain!

CPanther95
02-03-2009, 10:04 PM
The more I watch, the less likely I think a fine will be issued.

He hit down on his back with an open hand to keep him down - then knocked him on his ass with a legal (textbook) block. The fear and utter helplessness of Francisco made Harrison's actions appear violent by contrast - but it looked clean.

Guttpuppy
02-03-2009, 10:06 PM
I didn't see it but a lot of peeps here say Francisco went at his knees and proceeded to get beat on for doing such.

drizze99
02-03-2009, 10:10 PM
watch the WHOLE play.... That idiot went down for his knees (looked like it to me) and them punched Harrison in the groin. What TV showed us made Harrison look like an animal.

You guys should know Harrison by now... he isn't going to freak out on anyone unless you piss him off.... Francisco did just that...

43Hitman
02-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Well, since Harrison is taking a bunch of heat on this subject, I thought I would go find the play from earlier in the game. It's a bit ironic that the Cardinal fans choose to overlook this play. Watch #97 on this play, first he swings on a lineman, and then takes a swing at Hines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3l7-wquKrA&eurl=http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/&feature=player_embedded

Steelcitygal87
02-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Well, since Harrison is taking a bunch of heat on this subject, I thought I would go find the play from earlier in the game. It's a bit ironic that the Cardinal fans choose to overlook this play. Watch #97 on this play, first he swings on a lineman, and then takes a swing at Hines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3l7-wquKrA&eurl=http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/&feature=player_embedded

I can't catch the player's number,but I think it is the lineman you are referring to, for the Steelers(standing next to Colon) who comes flying in there at the end..looked like he was trying to push the pile forward? Maybe that is what #97 took exception to. Yeah, 97 definitely takes a swing at Hines..gets him with a right hook( shouldn't he have been ejected for that?)....and of course Al and John don't mention it. Although, you do have to look closely to catch it because there are so many players around them both.

I admit, when I first saw the replay of Harrison...I thought he punched the Card player in the back...with those gloves he had on it was hard for me to tell whether his hand was in a fist or open. It was open...he was pressing down on the player's back...as if he was saying..get down and stay down. So Madden was wrong in saying he should have been thrown out of the game for his actions.

wvsportsman
02-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Here's the play where Fransisco went at Harrison's knees.

YouTube - James Harrison punches Aaron Francisco during Super Bowl XLIII (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_ucHzbIk)

PisnNapalm
02-04-2009, 08:52 AM
He was definitely trying to go low on that block. Too low. Harrison stopped and got pissed.

The most fragile joint on a players body is the knee.

The penalty was appropriate. Ejection would have been excessive.

CPanther95
02-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Go to the Cards forum and they swear Harrison punched him with a closed fist.

Plain as day it was an open hand holding him down.

Milkman
02-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Go to the Cards forum and they swear Harrison punched him with a closed fist..

That's because most Cards fans are Bungles fans in disguise LOL. :laughing:

Steelcitygal87
02-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by CPanther95...
Go to the Cards forum and they swear Harrison punched him with a closed fist..

I admit I thought he punched him at first too..With those gloves he was wearing it was difficult for me to tell whether his hand was closed or open. Upon further review lol...I saw it was open and he was just pressing on the players back...trying to keep him down.

Michael Keller
02-04-2009, 09:39 AM
That is FOOTBALL !!!!!

Can you remake the clip to show the start of the play where Francisco dives at Harrison's knees and continues to roll into them??

This is honestly no different than an O lineman that keeps hitting a fallen pass rusher (Ben Grubbs did that to Woodley this year) and waits for him to get up so he can hit him in the chest again. Harrison was correct in blocking Francisco when he stood face up......the only reason for the penalty is that the ball had already been downed.

I give raven fans like Crow-magnon credit all season for their objectiveness and passion for their team. But for you to come in and only post the end of that video and cry sour grapes shows that you are trying to be a classless whiner. What.......did we hit Willie McGahee too hard? :chuckle:

You should see if the Seahawks want fans. They like to cry about nothing too.

i played the game way back when. I can tell you this if some one went for my knees i would have done the same thing Harrison did. The penalty is the right call but I do not for one second believe harrison should have been thrown out of the game. The only people complaining are the ones that are envious and having a hard time accepting the fact that the Steelers won number 6. It tough for you guys I understand that but get used to it we're coming back next year for number 7.

Tankus_Maximus
02-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Hell yeah it's classy, when the guy tries to chop his knees out......Francisco's lucky that's ALL he got. Bitches.

Stillers43
02-04-2009, 11:50 AM
It is not classy, but IT's FOOTBALL! The more and more I watch this, he shouldn't have even got a penalty. You can clearly see that the play is not over in the background. Therefore, it is his job to keep blocking. As soon as the guy decided to try to get, he should try to knock him back down if the whistle hasn't blown yet. The only thing wrong was his block was a little high (neck region) rather than hitting his chest. So, I could see how he got flagged. But, there is no way he should have been ejected! HARDNOSED PLAY by a HARDED NOSED PLAYER!

Steelersfanforlife
02-04-2009, 07:21 PM
he should have been ejected

SC Gamecokk
02-04-2009, 09:20 PM
first off, he didn't "PUNCH" the guy, his had was opened. second of all, if francisco did in-fact go after harrison's knees, harrison should have ripped the bitches helmet off and beat his ass!!! how's that for my opinion raven lover?!

Tankus_Maximus
02-04-2009, 10:55 PM
he should have been ejected

No way! Francisco got off easy for goin after Silverback's knees.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-04-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't see the "nut punch" that people are talking about, but he definitely was going for the knees.

Stover4Prez
02-05-2009, 12:11 AM
If you look real close at time 0:04, you can actually see that Francisco has a gun. Harrison punched him in the back and he put the gun away. Then at time 0:09 you see Harrison's nunchucks come out. You have to look close. That's where the flags come in. I hear the Tampa DA is actually pressing weapons charges on both of them next week.

Oh, and as to the original question..... Gun = not classy. Nunchucks = classy.

xFreeWord420x
02-05-2009, 12:50 AM
I can't catch the player's number,but I think it is the lineman you are referring to, for the Steelers(standing next to Colon) who comes flying in there at the end..looked like he was trying to push the pile forward? Maybe that is what #97 took exception to. Yeah, 97 definitely takes a swing at Hines..gets him with a right hook( shouldn't he have been ejected for that?)....and of course Al and John don't mention it. Although, you do have to look closely to catch it because there are so many players around them both.

I admit, when I first saw the replay of Harrison...I thought he punched the Card player in the back...with those gloves he had on it was hard for me to tell whether his hand was in a fist or open. It was open...he was pressing down on the player's back...as if he was saying..get down and stay down. So Madden was wrong in saying he should have been thrown out of the game for his actions.

When isn't Madden wrong? That is exactly why I listen to Tunch!!!