PDA

View Full Version : Is this classy?

Pages : [1] 2

4G63
02-02-2009, 10:38 AM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r3/dkr624/GIFs/harrisonisaahole.gif

He should have been ejected and you guys should condemn this. I'm sure he'll have a chunk of his gamecheck going to the human fund. Or maybe not.

What are your thoughts?

jjpro11
02-02-2009, 10:43 AM
you hatin' #6?

memphissteelergirl
02-02-2009, 10:43 AM
He got a PF penalty called on him....a penalty that could have cost us big time! What the f*** else do you want? A firing squad?

Sounds like somebody is still sore that he got DPOY instead of Ed Reed.

GTF outta here with that mess :troll:

JEFF4i
02-02-2009, 10:47 AM
QQ MORE RAVENS FAN! Hehehe.

I lost some respect for him, but as with all things, he doesn't do it again and I'll never bring it up.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 10:48 AM
That is FOOTBALL !!!!!

Can you remake the clip to show the start of the play where Francisco dives at Harrison's knees and continues to roll into them??

This is honestly no different than an O lineman that keeps hitting a fallen pass rusher (Ben Grubbs did that to Woodley this year) and waits for him to get up so he can hit him in the chest again. Harrison was correct in blocking Francisco when he stood face up......the only reason for the penalty is that the ball had already been downed.

I give raven fans like Crow-magnon credit all season for their objectiveness and passion for their team. But for you to come in and only post the end of that video and cry sour grapes shows that you are trying to be a classless whiner. What.......did we hit Willie McGahee too hard? :chuckle:

You should see if the Seahawks want fans. They like to cry about nothing too.

4G63
you hatin' #6?

Not at all. Big Ben should have won the MVP based on the last drive alone. I'm just seeing what Steeler fans think of this behavior. I can't think of ANY player ever doing something like this in a Super Bowl much less still be on the field after it happened.

fansince'76
What do you think about your team's "bounties" on Ward and Mendenhall? :coffee:

devo_17
02-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah he might have been 50 yds away from the play, but there never was a punch. He pushed him in the chest, but 20 yrs ago that would have never been called. So you and Madden can go eat your crow together.

Stlrs4Life
02-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Heck no I don't call that classy. Maybe he deserves a fine, but didn't deserve being ejected either.

X-Terminator
02-02-2009, 10:50 AM
He got a 15-yard penalty and will likely be fined. And nobody - not one person - is defending what he did. It was totally uncalled for and, yes, classless. But ejected? Sorry, but I disagree. I've seen far worse than that - scrums with actual punches thrown - that didn't even get a flag.

4G63
02-02-2009, 10:52 AM
That is FOOTBALL !!!!!

Can you remake the clip to show the start of the play where Francisco dives at Harrison's knees and continues to roll into them??

This is honestly no different than an O lineman that keeps hitting a fallen pass rusher (Ben Grubbs did that to Woodley this year) and waits for him to get up so he can hit him in the chest again. Harrison was correct in blocking Francisco when he stood face up......the only reason for the penalty is that the ball had already been downed.

I give raven fans like Crow-magnon credit all season for their objectiveness and passion for their team. But for you to come in and only post the end of that video and cry sour grapes shows that you are trying to be a classless whiner. What.......did we hit Willie McGahee too hard? :chuckle:

I'm actually the most objective Raven fan you'll meet, in person or otherwise. I didn't make this video, I got it somewhere else.

Show me a video of him going after his knees. I'd honestly like to see it. If this was the case, it still doesn't excuse him from punching the guy.....

4G63
02-02-2009, 10:55 AM
What do you think about your team's "bounties" on Ward and Mendenhall? :coffee:

I think they are stupid personally. If you are gonna do shit like that you certainly don't tell anybody outside the locker room. Ray's hit on Mendenhall was completely legal. Ward getting injured in the AFCCG was a case of the defender trying to keep Ward from getting the 1st down and wasn't malicious.....

Phade
02-02-2009, 10:56 AM
lmao that is football you big vagina.. his assignment is to block that guy and thats just what he did..

only reason it caught airtime was cause it was superbowl and they have 5 billion camera angles on every single player on the field..

this happens all the time you big tampon..

ps. we kicked your ass in the afc championship game.. better luck next season..

Milkman
02-02-2009, 10:56 AM
In that case maybe Wilson or whoever that was that ran over our placeholdershould have been thrown out too.

Our placeholder was a lot more defenseless than francisco.

All your hate and whining is not gonna change history ratbirdboy.

There's still gonna be 6 trophies in our trophy case. :tt02:

4G63
02-02-2009, 10:57 AM
He got a PF penalty called on him....a penalty that could have cost us big time! What the f*** else do you want? A firing squad?

Sounds like somebody is still sore that he got DPOY instead of Ed Reed.

GTF outta here with that mess :troll:

Not at all. I think that play before the half solidified his award.

TheSteelCurtain
02-02-2009, 10:57 AM
That is FOOTBALL !!!!!

Pushing a player around is a Class Act Compared to attacking a players Knee's 40 yard behind a play. Francisco is a punk, While Harrison is a Defensive MVP Manbeast with 2 Super Bowl Rings. Silverback dont take shit from anyone.

drizze99
02-02-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm actually the most objective Raven fan you'll meet, in person or otherwise. I didn't make this video, I got it somewhere else.

Show me a video of him going after his knees. I'd honestly like to see it. If this was the case, it still doesn't excuse him from punching the guy.....

What? Someone launching at your knees does not justify punching the guy? Are you kidding? He could have ended Harrison's career!

I love how every effin toolbag has crawled from under their rock today....

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2009, 11:00 AM

He should have been ejected and you guys should condemn this. I'm sure he'll have a chunk of his gamecheck going to the human fund. Or maybe not.

What are your thoughts?

I think that a fan who cheers for a team with Ray Lewis on the roster...need not talk about "thuggery"....:wave:

4G63
02-02-2009, 11:01 AM
In that case maybe Wilson or whoever that was that ran over our placeholdershould have been thrown out too.

Our placeholder was a lot more defenseless than francisco.

All your hate and whining is not gonna change history ratbirdboy.

There's still gonna be 6 trophies in our trophy case. :tt02:

I'm not bitter that you guys have 6 SB trophies. In fact, I think the better team won.

Dansby wouldn't have gotten called for that had he tried to miss him. He just kept running and barreled into him. That call was correct, but comparing what Dansby did to what Harrison did is baseless....

R2sojr
02-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Not at all. Big Ben should have won the MVP based on the last drive alone. I'm just seeing what Steeler fans think of this behavior. I can't think of ANY player ever doing something like this in a Super Bowl much less still be on the field after it happened.

This is Steeler football. Not some fancy pants game with the glitz and glamour like some other teams play. If you cant hang go home. WAIT we already sent you there 2 weeks ago.

4G63
02-02-2009, 11:06 AM
What? Someone launching at your knees does not justify punching the guy? Are you kidding? He could have ended Harrison's career!

I love how every effin toolbag has crawled from under their rock today....

You can tackle someone at their knees, as long as they aren't engaged by another player. (which happened against the Steelers in the SB coincidentally). You simply cannot throw a punch at another player in a game. Its an automatic ejection. Its arguable as to whether he threw a punch, but his behavior was definitely overboard.....

JEFF4i
02-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Provoked or not, Harrison is better than that. C'mon guys, let's be reasonable about this. I love 92, but we as Steelers, and Harrison as a vet and DefPlayer of the Year is plain better than even making a gesture that can be seen as a punch, even if it might not be.

That said, as I said, maybe not classy, but we are allowed to trip up. It only becomes a mistake when we don't learn from it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 11:12 AM

please clarify what you consider the punch?? The one openhanded strike on the back of the shoulder pads to keep Francisco down.......or the one strike with the palm of the hand to the breastplate of the shoulderpads when Francisco was head up?

If you are advocating a palm to the front of back of a players shoulderpads is now an ejectable offense..........YOU CANT SERIOUSLY THINK YOU ARE BEING OBJECTIVE!!!

Milkman
02-02-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm not bitter that you guys have 6 SB trophies. In fact, I think the better team won.

Dansby wouldn't have gotten called for that had he tried to miss him. He just kept running and barreled into him. That call was correct, but comparing what Dansby did to what Harrison did is baseless....

Wrong!

mtsamuelson
02-02-2009, 11:13 AM

First sign that a person isn't objective: they subjectively state that they are objective.

Milkman
02-02-2009, 11:15 AM
BTW, does it really matter if it was classy or not?

History was made and is not gonna change.

Get that through your head already. :banging:

LOLZ at you h8rz! :rofl:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 11:16 AM
You can tackle someone at their knees, as long as they aren't engaged by another player. (which happened against the Steelers in the SB coincidentally). You simply cannot throw a punch at another player in a game. Its an automatic ejection. Its arguable as to whether he threw a punch, but his behavior was definitely overboard.....

OMG..........have you ever played football before?? Its a violent game and if you wanna compete at the highest level like NFL players, you have to understand that aggression is part of the game.

The guy got a 15 yard penalty for it, but I honestly see nothing wrong with it other than if it was late.

I bet you would prefer if the US Military interrogated taliban members with milk and cookies and just asking them nicely for info. :rolleyes:

revefsreleets
02-02-2009, 11:16 AM
At least he didn't stab anybody, then bitch out and cop a plea by sending a couple other people up the river to cover his own guilt.

Interesting that there is only video of the response and not the provocation.

Face it, Ratfan, Harrison would be the best player on your team, you covet his skills and this is just the green monster of envy rearing it's ugly, ugly head.

Steelcitygal87
02-02-2009, 11:19 AM
BTW, does it really matter if it was classy or not?

History was made and is not gonna change.

Get that through your head already. :banging:

LOLZ at you h8rz! :rofl:

I think the posters point he is trying to make is....we would be outraged if a player from another team engaged in that kind of behavior against one of our guys. We would probably call him classless and a host of other names as well. Imo...Harrison did keep it going far too long. After the first shove he should have just let it be. That whole altercation went on far longer than it needed to.

ShutDown24
02-02-2009, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=4G63;553556]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r3/dkr624/GIFs/harrisonisaahole.gif

What are your thoughts?

You have a murderer on your team.

Steelcitygal87
02-02-2009, 11:21 AM
At least he didn't stab anybody, then bitch out and cop a plea by sending a couple other people up the river to cover his own guilt.

Interesting that there is only video of the response and not the provocation.

Face it, Ratfan, Harrison would be the best player on your team, you covet his skills and this is just the green monster of envy rearing it's ugly, ugly head.

Yes, Harrison was provoked...but he just wouldn't let the guy go...he keep at him and at him...enough is enough already. I LOVE Harrison, the way he plays the game...but his temper got the better of him on this one.

ShutDown24
02-02-2009, 11:21 AM

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 11:23 AM
First sign that a person isn't objective: they subjectively state that they are objective.

:rofl:

RunWillieRun

What are your thoughts?

First off, what the hell kind of question is "is this classy?" Who the hell is going to call it classy? Did somebody tell you it was classy?

Maybe you should have re-phrased the question and make it less hostile.

...and a Ravens fan talking about class? Give me a break.

kittenfantastico76
I don't agree with what he did... but I have to imagine SOMETHING set him off... maybe the Cardinal player said something about his Mom, talked smack or something to that extent... who knows...only they do. It's better to handled this stuff off the field, but I can't help but think we aren't simply hot tempered players that our team is pushed most of the time... it's like other teams get off on making us snap.

*points above to X-Terminator's post* AGREED COMPLETELY! Well stated!

4G63
I think the posters point he is trying to make is....we would be outraged if a player from another team engaged in that kind of behavior against one of our guys. We would probably call him classless and a host of other names as well. Imo...Harrison did keep it going far too long. After the first shove he should have just let it be. That whole altercation went on far longer than it needed to.

ding ding ding........we have a winner!!!

lardlad
02-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Wow a Ravens fan judging classy behavior. Man that is a good one!

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Yes, Harrison was provoked...but he just wouldn't let the guy go...he keep at him and at him...enough is enough already. I LOVE Harrison, the way he plays the game...but his temper got the better of him on this one.

And if you dont play with a "temper".......you might as well go play tennis.

Harrison did nothing wrong in my mind other than continue after the ball was downed.

JoeLion
02-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Not classy at all. Definetly a penalty, but how much different from running over a holder who has no way of protecting himself. To me it is about the same. Both were PF penalties. Case closed.:helmet:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2009, 11:28 AM

Your point is valid and I dont think anyone wants to see that behavior from one of our players...but I want to make three points:

1) Harrison recieved the correct punishment for that type of offense....justice was done..and that should be the end of the debate.

2) We only saw what Harrison did, but whatever prompted the action is still unknown...there IS a difference (ethically) between retaliation and a blatant cheap shot. Both reguire an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, but in the minds of true football fans it is night and day.

3) The original post is not based on honest fact finding...but rather hypocritical finger pointing...so the poster should worry about the "bounty placing thugs" in his own glass house before stepping into my yard.

JEFF4i
02-02-2009, 11:29 AM
While I've already stated it is inexcusable, I am vastly curious what provoked him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
ding ding ding........we have a winner!!!

And you are a loser!!!!

Go away and troll some other teams board where you didnt lose 3 times this season. :chuckle:

4G63

Search my name and you'll see I've been very objective with regards to both teams and have praised the Steelers when warranted. In fact, I started a thread congratulating the Steelers after the AFCCG.

This thread is about Harrison's actions alone. Not about whether Ray is a murderer or how your last 2 SB's are tainted with horrible officiating or any other issue Stool and Ratbird fans have with each others teams.....

Steelcitygal87
02-02-2009, 11:31 AM
And if you dont play with a "temper".......you might as well go play tennis.

Harrison did nothing wrong in my mind other than continue after the ball was downed.

I can understand him getting angry about what went on,...but this time his anger got the better of him and he lost his composure. It's ok to get angry...it's what you do with it that sometimes is not the smartest, wisest move. I want him to play with intensity, passion and be physical...but play smart as well.

4G63
02-02-2009, 11:31 AM
And you are a loser!!!!

Go away and troll some other teams board where you didnt lose 3 times this season. :chuckle:

Actually I'M a winner......the Ravens lost 3 times this year. :wink02:

If you happen to get into an accident on I-695 in Baltimore and I have to cut you out of a car, you may change your tune.....

steelreserve
02-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Pretty much everything about this thread is retarded.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2009, 11:34 AM

If you happen to get into an accident on I-695 in Baltimore and I have to cut you out of a car, you may change your tune.....

Definition of classy:

Stating that if someone has a bad accident...you may not help them because of a forum comment.

You sir...are an idiot.

(By the way..your team lost 5 times this year...nice facts.)

RunWillieRun
02-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Pretty much everything about this thread is retarded.

Are you surprised considering who started the thread?

JEFF4i
02-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Honestly 4G is a pretty good guy from what I've noticed.

He's also tried to be decent in the proposition of this. Granted the thread is a little inflammatory, but flaming him back is just feeding Troll Food to who you think is a Troll.

Even if not objective, as none of us are, its about being classy ourselves.

Anyway, the horse is dun gun beat and ded.

revefsreleets
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't think we would be "outraged" if an opposing player did this to one of our players. We wouldn't like it, but we play a physical brand of football and there's violent hitting going on all the time. What Harrison did was a love tap compared to some of the lumber our defenders have laid this year.

This is much ado about nothing, just a way for some trolls to try and irritate the 6 time World Champion Steelers fan base.

I also think it's COMPLETELY relevant to bring up Killer Ray if we are talking about class. Do you think it's classy to be an accessory to murder and plea bargain your way out of it?

mtsamuelson
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Search my name and you'll see I've been very objective with regards to both teams and have praised the Steelers when warranted. In fact, I started a thread congratulating the Steelers after the AFCCG.

You missed the point. You cannot claim yourself as being objective because, that in itself, is NOT objective.

This thread is about Harrison's actions alone. Not about whether Ray is a murderer or how your last 2 SB's are tainted with horrible officiating or any other issue Stool and Ratbird fans have with each others teams.....

I never mentioned any of these things. Yes, Harrison went too far but he was penalized for his actions and it damn near cost us the game. I have definitely seen worse, but I hate it when players do crap like this.

coldsweat
02-02-2009, 11:39 AM
It is no worse than Hightower swinging at Holmes on the sideline and Holmes got the foul. Hightower should have been flagged he had no reason getting involved in a play that did not matter to him.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't think we would be "outraged" if an opposing player did this to one of our players.

Me either...I will take the 15 yards anyday...but then again I know enough about football to know how many games my team lost this year also.

SC Steeler Steve
02-02-2009, 11:44 AM
That is FOOTBALL !!!!!

This is a violent game and we have NO IDEA as to what was said, or done to lead to that. I have never saw that behavior before and I am sure there was some circumstances that we are not aware of,

TheSteelCurtain
02-02-2009, 11:45 AM

Well good thing i wont have to worry about that. I would rather walk to antartica than drive into that shithole of a city. Talk about Classy. You a disgrace to paramedics everywhere. Do you put bounty's on accidents too?

TheManOfSteel
02-02-2009, 11:47 AM

What are your thoughts?

You and John Madden got something in common. You both thought Harrison should of been ejected from the game for that play. I to hated what he did. I like to be humble and would like to see are team be the same. I don't know if he should of been ejected.

Another thing you and John Madden have in common is you both cant get over how we beat your team. Johns loses were over 30 years ago.

RunWillieRun
02-02-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm gonna wait until I see what precipitated it before I make an brash comments regarding Harrison's actions. Should he have been penalized? Yes. Thrown out? Hell no.

FacemeIke
02-02-2009, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't call it classless at all...Stupid yes, classless no. From what everyone says he was provoked anyways. Its a physical game and tempers flare nothing more to it.

4G63
02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Definition of classy:

Stating that if someone has a bad accident...you may not help them because of a forum comment.

You sir...are an idiot.

He called ME a loser. I'll help anybody that needs assistance passing through Baltimore. Where did I say I wouldn't help him? You need to reread my quote of him and my response......

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Definition of classy:

You sir...are an idiot.

Yeah, he is an idiot firefighter that is wasting taxpayer dollars by being on Steelers message boards instead of cleaning up after an auto accident or shopping for groceries for the fire hall.

Please go do something classy like training to take somebody out of a car or putting a hose on a hydrant. Thanks,

mtsamuelson
02-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm gonna wait until I see what precipitated it before I make an brash comments regarding Harrison's actions. Should he have been penalized? Yes. Thrown out? Hell no.

I don't really care what precipitated Harrison's actions. He should have been the bigger man, but he wasn't, so he was flagged.

4G63
02-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Well good thing i wont have to worry about that. I would rather walk to antartica than drive into that shithole of a city. Talk about Classy. You a disgrace to paramedics everywhere. Do you put bounty's on accidents too?

Apparently my comment came across wrong. The dude called me a loser and I responded that he wouldn't call me a loser when I cut him out of his car. I don't pick and choose who I'm gonna help if they're in an accident or have a heart attack. Even if they're wearing a Stoolers shirt!! :wink02:

BTW, I'm not a paramedic, I'm a firefighter.....

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 11:56 AM
He called ME a loser. I'll help anybody that needs assistance passing through Baltimore. Where did I say I wouldn't help him? You need to reread my quote of him and my response......
Yes and I actually meant that your team is a loser.....you lost to us 3 times and now feel it appropriate to come in on the day after the Super Bowl is won and say our player should have been ejected..............that act makes you a loser by your actions.

I surely didnt log onto a Ravens board the day after they beat the Giants in the Super Bowl and say that Ray Lewis should not have been playing because of his "obstruction of justice in a murder investigation".

Man up, do the right thing and try to let your rivals enjoy winning the ultimate prize. Classy is what Crow Magnon did and you could learn from it.

westcoastransplant
02-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Arguing about a player that should have gotten ejected a day after the fact is stupid. While not condoning it, all you saw was Harrison's reaction, which was over the top. But what you didn't see are the events that led up to it. Trying to take out a players knees, saying something that shouldn't have been said. The truth is nobody knows the full circumstances around the play.

tony hipchest
02-02-2009, 11:57 AM

What are your thoughts?

you area ravenfan right? :rolleyes:

classy? no.

funny? yes.

dont f*(k with james.

plus, its not like he left the dude to bleed out on the field from knife wounds in his gut.

4G63
02-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah, he is an idiot firefighter that is wasting taxpayer dollars by being on Steelers message boards instead of cleaning up after an auto accident or shopping for groceries for the fire hall.

Please go do something classy like training to take somebody out of a car or putting a hose on a hydrant. Thanks,

Are you freaking kidding me?

For one thing, I'm sitting in my living room. Don't tell me what the hell I do at my job and my abilities!! We train 3 days out of 4 we work. My comment was taken out of context and came across wrong. Thats it. See above if there is any question.

CPanther95
02-02-2009, 11:59 AM
1) Yes, that was over the line.

2) A fine is in order to make sure he directs that better in the future.

3) At least he didn't kill him.

OX1947
02-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Why is a ratbird fan in here talking about one bad decision on a guy who doesn't normally do something like that, yet you have a piece of (bleep) mother(bleep) Terrell Suggs who likes to dig into players when he has already tackled them?

And, we dont know if the guy was saying crap to Harrison before or during that play. You cant hear whats going on, maybe the guy said something that pissed him off. it was a bad decison and Harrison got penalized for it. To say he should be kicked out of the game is just stupid and can only come from a sour pissed moron Ratbird fan.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 12:03 PM
OK, you guys actually work hard for your $$. I have seen that myself.

Your comment about cutting out of a car on the interstate is similar to LaDanian Tomlinson telling the media "you guys know me.....i'm a classy guy", after his playoff loss to the Patriots in San Diego.

IF you gotta tell people you are classy or objective.........you probably are not all you believe.

MDSteel15
02-02-2009, 12:07 PM
It is no worse than Hightower swinging at Holmes on the sideline and Holmes got the foul. Hightower should have been flagged he had no reason getting involved in a play that did not matter to him.

It wasn't Holmes, it was Ike....

Steelcitygal87
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM

Don't you think you are being a little hard on him? That comment about him being an idiot firefighter was totally uncalled for.

"If you happen to get into an accident on I-695 in Baltimore and I have to cut you out of a car, you may change your tune" - You took that the wrong way El. He was saying you wouldnt be talking the way you are if he had to cut you out of your car because you were in an accident...he was NOT saying he wouldn't help you.

His original post wasn't mean-spirited. I don't think he said anything that warranted being jumped on as he has been...He just stated his opinion about what he saw and wanted to know what we thought of Harrisons behavior on that play.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 12:11 PM

For one thing, I'm sitting in my living room. Don't tell me what the hell I do at my job and my abilities!! We train 3 days out of 4 we work. My comment was taken out of context and came across wrong. Thats it. See above if there is any question.

My brother in law is a firefighter and I know exactly what their gig is. I also work in the medical field and know the paramedic/EMT role and respect it immensely.

Again, your timing and suggestion that Harrison should have been ejected and lose a game check is wrong and biased as a sour Ravens fan.

When Ben threw a pick a few years ago and I think it was either Scott or Suggs that waited until Ben faced up on the INT return, so they could Tee off on him.........I never cried about it and said that it was classless.........its part of the game of football and its played by physical, aggressive men. Nothing wrong with what Harrison did.

4G63
02-02-2009, 12:12 PM
OK, you guys actually work hard for your $$. I have seen that myself.

Your comment about cutting out of a car on the interstate is similar to LaDanian Tomlinson telling the media "you guys know me.....i'm a classy guy", after his playoff loss to the Patriots in San Diego.

IF you gotta tell people you are classy or objective.........you probably are not all you believe.

Sorry I tooted my own horn. I made a somewhat sarcastic comment that was turned from a molehill into a mountain. Its all good, though. I've done nothing but post positive comments in regards to the Steelers since I've joined. This is the only thread that would be considered negative. If this happened in a Raven game against the Steelers I can GUARANTEE we'd be talking about it.....

steelreserve
02-02-2009, 12:15 PM
"If you happen to get into an accident on I-695 in Baltimore and I have to cut you out of a car, you may change your tune" - You took that the wrong way El. He was saying you wouldnt be talking the way you are if he had to cut you out of your car because you were in an accident...he was NOT saying he wouldn't help you.

Whatever. Being a firefighter doesn't give you an excuse to say whatever you want and then everyone's supposed to be OK with it because of what your job is. That's garbage, and for that matter, so is this entire thread.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Don't you think you are being a little hard on him? That comment about him being an idiot firefighter was totally uncalled for.

His original post wasn't mean-spirited. I don't think he said anything that warranted being jumped on as he has been...He just stated his opinion about what he saw and wanted to know what we thought of Harrisons behavior on that play.

If a rival fan wants to come in and take cheap shots on the day after the Super Bowl win and attempt to taint it by saying "He should have been ejected and you guys should condemn this. I'm sure he'll have a chunk of his gamecheck going to the human fund. "........I will reciprocate with equal absurd and strong statements.

If he wanted to congratulate on the win and move along realizing that its not any different than Terrell Suggs or Bart Scott taking an easy shot on Ben during an INT return as he turns around, I would agree and post with the appropriate respect.

Francisco got hit 2 times with a palm to the shoulder pads in that video.............hardly reason to be ejected. Just because the senile John Madden thought it should be an ejection isnt reason to believe so. If we all listened to Madden instead of thinking for ourselves........there would be no Airplanes.

43Hitman
02-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Honestly 4G is a pretty good guy from what I've noticed.

He's also tried to be decent in the proposition of this. Granted the thread is a little inflammatory, but flaming him back is just feeding Troll Food to who you think is a Troll.

Even if not objective, as none of us are, its about being classy ourselves.

Anyway, the horse is dun gun beat and ded.

I agree, I don't think this guy is a troll. I got banned from the AZ board because my opinion was different from most that occupy that board. I didn't provoke anyone didn't flame bait or attack any of the posters. I think this guy is merely asking our opinion of what appears to be a cheap shot. Harrison lost control on that play, there is no disputing that.

Polamalu43
02-02-2009, 12:24 PM

What are your thoughts?

Hey jerkoff why are you even on here troll??

Keep hatin, we are the champs and nothing can take that away..go back under

your rock!!

:fingers::

Kvnfaber
02-02-2009, 12:27 PM

4G has been a good poster here. Please don't make retarded comments about what Firemen do. This is simply going too far, and totally off subject.

SteelCityKing
02-02-2009, 12:28 PM
big whoop! Harrison got caught up in the heat of the moment. leave it up to a RAVENS fan of all people to come in here and talk crap about every little thing they can! boo hoo! shut up and go home. =)

SteelCityKing
02-02-2009, 12:29 PM
aside from that, i don't recall ANYONE calling James Harrison "classy." that's like calling a wet fart "the highlight of my day!" PSSHH! ha!

43Hitman
02-02-2009, 12:30 PM
What is up with the lynch mob? My God fellas, the guy has a right to his opinion. He asked what we thought as fans about Harrison going to far. What is wrong with that?

4G63
02-02-2009, 12:30 PM
I agree, I don't think this guy is a troll. I got banned from the AZ board because my opinion was different from most that occupy that board. I didn't provoke anyone didn't flame bait or attack any of the posters. I think this guy is merely asking our opinion of what appears to be a cheap shot. Harrison lost control on that play, there is no disputing that.

My choice of words for a thread title could have been less inflammatory. Your comments basically sum up my point. I wanted to get what everybody thought about his actions.

I'm not happy you guys won because I simply can't root for the Stoolers, unless it helps the Ravens in some way. I wouldn't expect you guys to truly root for us, unless its for the same reason. The only thing I take solace in, just like '06, we lost to the Super Bowl Champs this year.

You guys earned it and that last drive will go down in Steelers history as one of the best drives ever.....

You'll even get a :tt03: from me!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 12:32 PM
4G has been a good poster here. Please don't make retarded comments about what Firemen do. This is simply going too far, and totally off subject.

And please dont refer to any comments about firemen doing a lot of shopping, cooking as retarded. It is the truth. I know firemen and its all part of the gig. I know a guy that wanted to become a fireman (and did) because of all the time off and free time around the hall fit well with his training for competitive triathalons.

I respect the tough work they do when they are called upon, but resent the fact that I don't have time to train for triathalons by setting up my bike windtrainer at my place of work and riding my bike.

Kvnfaber
02-02-2009, 12:34 PM
And please dont refer to any comments about firemen doing a lot of shopping, cooking as retarded. It is the truth. I know firemen and its all part of the gig. I know a guy that wanted to become a fireman (and did) because of all the time off and free time around the hall fit well with his training for competitive triathalons.

I respect the tough work they do when they are called upon, but resent the fact that I don't have time to train for triathalons by setting up my bike windtrainer at my place of work and riding my bike.

It was more that you assumed he was doing this at work. Either way, you should have become a fireman if you envy their schedules :P

SteelCityKing
02-02-2009, 12:35 PM
What is up with the lynch mob? My God fellas, the guy has a right to his opinion. He asked what we thought as fans about Harrison going to far. What is wrong with that?

shut it you! i've had enough of your blabbering gums! haha! kidding!

no lynch mob, just wondering why a bloody Ravens fans is coming in here being a goon and starting shit...that's all.

4G63
02-02-2009, 12:36 PM

Now who's hatin?!? :wink02: :laughing:

We don't say we've got the best job in the world for nothing. The down time and the fact I get paid whether I'm sleeping or not is awesome. Nothing says you can't join us?

4G63
02-02-2009, 12:41 PM
shut it you! i've had enough of your blabbering gums! haha! kidding!

no lynch mob, just wondering why a bloody Ravens fans is coming in here being a goon and starting shit...that's all.

Your posts are very, uh, how should I put it......"forceful". You've got passion, I'll give you that. I'm not starting shit, just trying to gauge opinions. I'm jealous of the fact that you guys won the Super Bowl. I'd be lying if I said I didn't. I want the Ravens to win it obviously, but I can gloat that having a division foe win it solidifies my feeling that our games and division are the one of the best in the league.

SteelCityKing
02-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Your posts are very, uh, how should I put it......"forceful". You've got passion, I'll give you that. I'm not starting shit, just trying to gauge opinions. I'm jealous of the fact that you guys won the Super Bowl. I'd be lying if I said I didn't. I want the Ravens to win it obviously, but I can gloat that having a division foe win it solidifies my feeling that our games and division are the one of the best in the league.

if only all of the Ravens fans were that honest about everything then i might actually like a few of you here and there! haha!

i'm just bustin' ya chops bro. don't get your undies in a bunch! haha! the truth is, i love ripping on AFC North rivals fans because they take everything SO personally due to the fact they are so bitter and jealous because of what they don't have. a team and a city with our prestige and trophies. i mean, shit, i would be jealous of that too...if i had a reason to be. =)

what do you mean "forceful?"

T.Richardson
02-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Harrison was being an idiot! He lost his cool, and I didnt really like what Harrison did, but no ejection was needed.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Now who's hatin?!? :wink02: :laughing:

We don't say we've got the best job in the world for nothing. The down time and the fact I get paid whether I'm sleeping or not is awesome. Nothing says you can't join us?

Honestly, the only time I hate on Firefighters is when they complain about their job and long shifts. The guys that like their job and understand that they have 4 days off to recover (unless they have another job on the side) are cool, but I hate the whiners. Just like teachers that complain about having to work after 4pm marking papers............and get the summer off.

No thanks, I'm too old to learn new tricks and try to intubate somebody(but glidescopes make it easier) and dont wanna do shiftwork at this point in my life. Cheers.

Polamalu43
02-02-2009, 12:47 PM
who the hell cares what this guy does for a living, wether its a firefighter, a doctor, lawyer , etc.. dude is on a rival messageboard tryin to stir up SH*T with bogus BS, so what!

Benzbrother
Honestly I was pissed when I saw the replay, but I was also wondering...what happened BEFORE the clip they showed on TV that got him so angry? Something must have obviously happened...whether it been verbal or physical to induce a reaction like that. I've never seen Harrison do anything so blantantly stupid before...and for him to do it for NO reason in the Super Bowl? I just don't buy it.

Again, it was absolutely stupid and never should have happened...but what happened before that?

steelerdave1969

This is just what I think about the

RAVENS :monkey:
The Ravens arent even 2nd fiddle to the Steelers on or off the field. Ray Lewis got away with murder and your talking about a little hit. I didnt agree with what he did, but it came in the heat of the moment and maybe just a little frustration on James Harrison's part, but to be ejected from the game would have been stupid.

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 12:49 PM

What are your thoughts?

HA! He beat that fool good didn't he.

SteelCityKing
02-02-2009, 12:51 PM
HA! He beat that fool good didn't he.

haha! i wouldn't say it was a "beat down" but he did take a licking like a red headed step child! haha!

Benzbrother
02-02-2009, 12:55 PM
lol you know on second review of that clip....it is still uncalled for....but Francisco looked like a scared little girl honestly lol. I don't know if he was just anticipating the flags being thrown or if he was truly afraid of what he thought Harrison might do if he fought back lol

4G63
02-02-2009, 12:56 PM
This is just what I think about the

RAVENS :monkey:
The Ravens arent even 2nd fiddle to the Steelers on or off the field. Ray Lewis got away with murder and your talking about a little hit. I didnt agree with what he did, but it came in the heat of the moment and maybe just a little frustration on James Harrison's part, but to be ejected from the game would have been stupid.

You should really do some research as to what the guys who died were doing to cause the whole situation. Ray was dumb for putting himself in that situation and i certainly don't condone his actions, but to call him a murderer without seeing the whole picture is wrong.....and doesn't really apply to this thread.

Polamalu43
02-02-2009, 12:57 PM
lol you know on second review of that clip....it is still uncalled for....but Francisco looked like a scared little girl honestly lol. I don't know if he was just anticipating the flags being thrown or if he was truly afraid of what he thought Harrison might do if he fought back lol

Francisco got punked!! hhaha .. that dude looked like a complete fool!!

I mean, atlast fight back or something, even though you still might get your

arse wooped! :tt02:

shevdog
02-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Hey, its a Baltimoron! Haha!

Classy or not, I was loving this play, especially how Harrison has been mishandled and disrespected on the field as of late! If, and a big if, he gets more then a penalty for that, it will be worth every penny. Now if only that were a purple or brown uniform instead!

TheSteelCurtain
Apparently my comment came across wrong. The dude called me a loser and I responded that he wouldn't call me a loser when I cut him out of his car. I don't pick and choose who I'm gonna help if they're in an accident or have a heart attack. Even if they're wearing a Stoolers shirt!! :wink02:

My bad, I thought you were saying That you wouldnt cut him out of his car at all. Just for calling you a loser.

Dino 6 Rings
You should really do some research as to what the guys who died were doing to cause the whole situation. Ray was dumb for putting himself in that situation and i certainly don't condone his actions, but to call him a murderer without seeing the whole picture is wrong.....and doesn't really apply to this thread.

So are you saying, because Harrison lost his cool on one play, and pummelled a guy who probably just "cut block" him...which we don't see prior to your pretty little clip...that the Steelers are no longer Classy?

So let me get this right...The Defensive MVP of the League, has a lapse, on one play, after being held all game, and is a little frustrated...and you question Class?

Seriously...I don't say this often...But Read my signature and Suck It.

Polamalu43
02-02-2009, 01:00 PM
the man did what he had to do, you know he was definately retaliating for something francisco did to him and he got the penalty..woo what more can u want

http://i40.tinypic.com/6gvfao.jpg

HAHAHAH awesome pix man, feeling the look on hampton! :toofunny:

4G63
02-02-2009, 01:00 PM

Honestly, its like you're looking for a fight when you comment. Thats the gist I get....and there's nothing wrong with that either.

Polamalu43
02-02-2009, 01:01 PM
why do people even bother with a ratbird fan?? these fools are just bitter that we smacked them around for 3 games straight!!

Benzbrother
02-02-2009, 01:02 PM
why do people even bother with a ratbird fan?? these fools are just bitter that we smacked them around for 3 games straight!!

WORD

The Patriot
02-02-2009, 01:05 PM
That video is actually more incriminating for the Cardinals player.

When I watched it live it looked like Harrison was punching an injured Cardinal. Now it looks like Harrison was punching a Cardinal who was trying to get his knee in an awkward position. Wish Brady could have done that.

4G63
02-02-2009, 01:06 PM
So are you saying, because Harrison lost his cool on one play, and pummelled a guy who probably just "cut block" him...which we don't see prior to your pretty little clip...that the Steelers are no longer Classy?

So let me get this right...The Defensive MVP of the League, has a lapse, on one play, after being held all game, and is a little frustrated...and you question Class?

Seriously...I don't say this often...But Read my signature and Suck It.

Show me where I've said that anywhere?

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Show me where I've said that anywhere?

Oh you didn't, but to call out one guy on one play as not being classy...well what's your point...you want an answer on that one play?

Nope...laying the smack down on that fool in a key spot in the game and getting a 15 yard penalty was Not Classy...at all...

But in the end, we won the Game. And today, as the 6 time World Champs...that's all I or any other Steelers fans really want to talk about....well that and the fact that Ben is freaking awesome and needs to be called "Elite" now.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 01:09 PM

The modern football era are a bunch of wussies. The amount of calls that were going off were ridicualous. Let the damn teams play!!! Pretty soon we are going be watching touch football.

Another thing, the tuck rule....

Is there any cut and dry, black and white way to establish the rule is in affect?

4G63
02-02-2009, 01:10 PM

Really? smacked around? You guys won 3 pretty close games. You were the better team this year and as I've said elsewhere in this thread I take solace in knowing the Ravens lost to the Super Bowl champs. There's no hanging of my head in shame here....

PisnNapalm
02-02-2009, 01:11 PM

What are your thoughts?

You wanna know why Harrison was so pissed at the guy? He tried to take out Harrison's knees. An illegal block that could have ended Harrison's career.

Go away troll.

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 01:12 PM
You wanna know why Harrison was so pissed at the guy? He tried to take out Harrison's knees. An illegal block that could have ended Harrison's career.

Go away troll.

If anyone can get that footage...I'd love to see it posted in this thread.

Polamalu43
02-02-2009, 01:14 PM

Go away troll.

WOW really?? i would love to see that clip... i kinda thoght it was a dumb move by

harrison but if this is true, im glad he pounded the guy ! :thumbsup:

Steelcitygal87
02-02-2009, 01:15 PM
The modern football era are a bunch of wussies. The amount of calls that were going off were ridicualous. Let the damn teams play!!! Pretty soon we are going be watching touch football.

Is there any cut and dry, black and white way to establish the rule is in affect?

Tuck rule...I HATE that thing. For the reason you stated...it is too vaguely interpreted. Why don't they just make it to say... if the qbs arm is hit, no matter what position it is in, and he loses the ball...then it is a fumble.

43Hitman
02-02-2009, 01:16 PM
if only all of the Ravens fans were that honest about everything then i might actually like a few of you here and there! haha!

i'm just bustin' ya chops bro. don't get your undies in a bunch! haha! the truth is, i love ripping on AFC North rivals fans because they take everything SO personally due to the fact they are so bitter and jealous because of what they don't have. a team and a city with our prestige and trophies. i mean, shit, i would be jealous of that too...if i had a reason to be. =)

Isn't this exactly how alot of us are acting right now?

Steelcitygal87
02-02-2009, 01:19 PM

All three games were close...The Rats have a heck of a defense #2 in the NFL..I didn't see us smacking anyone around. We won the games, but I would hardly call any of them beat downs. We couldn't run the ball to save our life and it took a 4th quarter drive orchestrated by Ben, perfectly, to take it the length of the field and put it in the end zone, in the game in Baltimore. And if it wasn't for Troys interception, and return for a td, in the AFC Champ. game, who knows how that would have turned out.

And that is pretty harsh calling someone a fool, and in this case, definitely unfounded.

CPanther95
02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
The were severely penalized with a half yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. What more do you want?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Did he deserve a penalty? Yes, and he got one

Did he deserve to be ejected? Hell no!

Is hitting a place holder who is on one knee any different? No. He got flagged as well and no one is calling for him to be ejected and he shouldn't be.

Does he deserve a fine? I don't think so, but he will get one.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-02-2009, 01:29 PM

I think the whole Brady rule thing is bullshit. The first one was as much a fumble as the last one was. I think it should have to cross the line of scrimmage to be considered an incomplete pass, or hit the ground within catching distance of a receiver. With the current rule you could run 50 yards backwards and as long as you flip your wrist forward when you get hit, it is an incomplete pass.

markymarc
02-02-2009, 01:49 PM
He definitely deserved the penalty that was thrown. Most likely even Goodell might even fine him. For the record though that Cardinals defender was diving at his knees so I can see exactly why Harrison got so upset about it.

PolamaluPower
02-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Have you all ever watched any of the games from the '70's?!?!? People...this is pansy compared to those games. Players literally tore helmets off of other players without penalty. Certainly I do not condone Harrison's behavior, but something had to happen for him to act that way. I read something about the Cardinal's player trying to take out his knees. I don't know. What I do know is this...he was penalized and this is football not ping pong.

PolamaluPower
02-02-2009, 02:01 PM

Finally someone said it. Thank you. The modern football era is definitely much "softer" than in the past.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Tuck rule - wikipedia

Ordinarily, if the quarterback drops or loses the football while he is bringing the ball forward in a passing motion, and the ball touches the ground, it is considered an incomplete pass. If the quarterback drops or loses the football at any other time, it is considered a fumble, as if any other player had dropped it.

The tuck rule is an exception to this rule. It applies if the quarterback brings his arm forward in a passing motion, but then changes his mind and tries to keep hold of the football rather than making a pass. In this situation, if the quarterback loses the ball while stopping his passing motion or bringing the ball back to his body, it is still considered a forward pass (and thus an incomplete pass if the ball hits the ground), even if the ball is moving backwards at the time the quarterback loses it.[1] Mike Pereira, the NFL's director of officiating, notes that the design of the rule obviates the need to consider the quarterback's intent.

With the current rule you could run 50 yards backwards and as long as you flip your wrist forward when you get hit, it is an incomplete pass.

My thoughts exactly. When a QB feels the clamps of the DE or LB on him all he as to do now is snap a through starting from his forearm or wrist and aim at his cleats and the will rule it an incomplete pass.

Go away troll.

No one on ESPN talks about that , or the fact that Hines was getting attacked be A. Wilson and no flag was thrown.

Stover4Prez
02-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Finally someone said it. Thank you. The modern football era is definitely much "softer" than in the past.

I disagree. While it might not be as "blue collar" as it used to be, the game is much faster and the hits much harder now in my opinion. There is a severe hit almost every week now in the NFL. I haven't seen a whole lot of that in vintage NFL films. Maybe it is there, but I find it hard to call a league "soft" that had two dudes with broken jaws, and multiple players with minor to severe concussions. There isn't a game that goes by without someone getting hurt.

As for Harrison, he shouldn't have done it. Watching the video again I think the 15 yards was sufficient. He was on the edge though and I think if he would have swung again once the Cards guy got up and backed off, then it could have been a different story. I have to stick up for 4G here though because I feel like he was just trying to get some opinions about the game, not stir up so much hatred.

Congrats on a great season. Here's to next year! :drink:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-02-2009, 02:21 PM
you hatin' #6?

my thoughts are if that guy gets up and makes a TD saving tackle then james harrison looks like a fool for not blocking him

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 02:56 PM
I disagree. While it might not be as "blue collar" as it used to be, the game is much faster and the hits much harder now in my opinion. There is a severe hit almost every week now in the NFL. I haven't seen a whole lot of that in vintage NFL films. Maybe it is there, but I find it hard to call a league "soft" that had two dudes with broken jaws, and multiple players with minor to severe concussions. There isn't a game that goes by without someone getting hurt.

As for Harrison, he shouldn't have done it. Watching the video again I think the 15 yards was sufficient. He was on the edge though and I think if he would have swung again once the Cards guy got up and backed off, then it could have been a different story. I have to stick up for 4G here though because I feel like he was just trying to get some opinions about the game, not stir up so much hatred.

I think Harrison beleived that he was trying to take out his knees, and he was letting Fransico know how he felt about it. Classy no, he reacted off his emotions. Almost like Bart Scott last years Flag toss. Classy no, reacted off emotions. BTW u guys got robbed that game.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Haha look at Fransisco quivering like a little girl. He realize that he pist off a baaaad man.

roethlisbergerUK
02-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Firstly it,s a Superbowl and players are gonna be wound up and pumped so he obviously got a little crazy but although i don,t condone his foul this is a tough sport,Don,t cry and whinge about it but accept that he got a 15 yd penalty and probably will be fined.

He knows he was out of order and will feel he let himself down but i,d rather have a player like Harrison who wears his heart on his sleeve and bleeds Black n Gold as opposed to a Steeler player who doesn,t get emotional and intense like #92 !!

Stover4Prez
02-02-2009, 03:09 PM
I think Harrison beleived that he was trying to take out his knees, and he was letting Fransico know how he felt about it. Classy no, he reacted off his emotions. Almost like Bart Scott last years Flag toss. Classy no, reacted off emotions. BTW u guys got robbed that game.

Wow, you want to talk about some seriosly horrible reffing! I was at the game in the endzone where the last drive ended. That Ravens / Pats game was terrible. I welcomed the 15 yards Scott got for that because that is how an entire stadium of fans felt at that moment and actually made me feel better to see him throw the flag.

stlrtruck
02-02-2009, 03:10 PM

You've got to remember back in the day, there wasn't ESPN or the barrage of multiple news media outlets showing cut up segments of plays. So the recorded number of occurrences (by media standards is higher today).

Also, back then players played through the pain and you didn't hear about it from anyone unless it was absolutely mandatory.

Today's players, overall, play in a softer league and attempts at hard nosed football (with the exception of the ratbirds vs Steelers games) is often frowned upon - especially from the commissioners office.

Stover4Prez
02-02-2009, 03:16 PM
I will agree it is not a rough and tumble as it used to be. But I do think the speed is greater and the hits are harder. So the overall toughness I agree has gone down, but I think the severity of the collisions has gone up.

The guys of yesteryear were definetly not running as fast or as in peak physical condition as they guys today. Mainly because they were working 9-5s during the week and playing NFL football on the weekends.

devilsdancefloor
02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
That video is actually more incriminating for the Cardinals player.

When I watched it live it looked like Harrison was punching an injured Cardinal. Now it looks like Harrison was punching a Cardinal who was trying to get his knee in an awkward position. Wish Brady could have done that.

agreed 100% on the replays last night they just showed harrison! And the folks at my house said now why would he do that! i said he had to do something to set him off like that!

redst3
02-02-2009, 03:51 PM
He lost his composure after being held around the throat on the previous play. He was flagged and now thats that

JackHammer
02-02-2009, 03:57 PM

What are your thoughts?

I didn't like it at all. It wasn't classy, but football isn't exactly classy either. I don't think he should have been ejected because it wasn't a closed fist. I still think it was unnecessary, and he deserved the penalty that was called on him. It ends there.

jjpro11
02-02-2009, 04:01 PM
he made that little cardinal his bitch. harrison didnt hit him in the face or try to injure him.. but who knows what the hell he was actually thinking.

Texasteel
02-02-2009, 04:15 PM

Someone may have already stated this, but I believe the rule you are referring to is valid for blocking only if within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.

If someone like that went after my knees, I would not have hit him in the chest, I would have taken his F***** head off. So would every man on your team.

Preacher
02-02-2009, 04:17 PM

Punch?

You saw a closed fist hitting him? Really?

Because what I saw as I was looking, was players STILL running past, meaning the play was still active. A guy was trying to stand to to get back into the play, and James reached back and basically open handed hit him back to the ground... like many lineman try and do.

Difference is, this guy was
1. much smaller
2. man-handled with one arm.

I don't have a problem with the first one. I DO however, havea problem with the second push, as it seemed to come after the whistle.

Frankie3521
02-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't think you go out on the Football field thinking "man, I want to show as much class as possible, lets ask the Refs if we can change the game to two-hand touch". I know your point man, I know it wasn't a good move by Harrison, but it's an emotional game and I'm sure the guy done something to provoke Harrison.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending what he done. I'm just sure there is a explanation for what he done. Ray Lewis murdered someone, I don't consider that top of the line class. C'mon man, it's not like he hurt the guy. Just scared the hell out of him.

CLINZ
02-02-2009, 04:27 PM
so let it be written so let it be done. NEXT.

Steelcitygal87
02-02-2009, 04:40 PM
so let it be written so let it be done. NEXT.

Isn't that a quote from the movie, The Ten Commandments? Spoken by Pharaoh?

43Hitman
02-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Isn't that a quote from the movie, The Ten Commandments? Spoken by Pharaoh?

I think so...

#1LambertFan
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Holdin on every down is needed to block Harrison and 9 out of 10 times he doesnt get the sack if he is held. But is Holding the facemask and jerking him back on every play necessary, or the chopblocks (not cutblocks mind you because those are legal). That was just a little well deserved retribution. If you don't like golf is a nonviolent sport for you to watch.

CLINZ
02-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Breaking news. PTI guys are saying Holmes should've been penalized for his TD celebration (supposed use of the ball like Lebron James using talc powder and throwing it in air) saying Cardinals got hosed. Haters i'm tired of all these pukes making excuses for those losers. get over it. that game shouldn't have been that close. they got beat . get over it. SCOREBOARD.

Stover4Prez
02-02-2009, 05:02 PM
How does the SCOREBOARD have anything to do with a blatent rule violation? Once again, you all are hopped up on this "hater" thing. No one is hating, but it is indisputable that what Santonio did qualifies as "using the ball as a prop." The rule is stupid, but it is the rule.

tony hipchest
02-02-2009, 05:07 PM
How does the SCOREBOARD have anything to do with a blatent rule violation? Once again, you all are hopped up on this "hater" thing. No one is hating, but it is indisputable that what Santonio did qualifies as "using the ball as a prop." The rule is stupid, but it is the rule.who the **** cares? im just bummed that harrison didnt donkey punch a raven in the previous game.

if jack lambert saw you ravenfans whining about this he'd probably bitchslap you (on the field of course).

quit acting like wusses....

especially when the team you root for is the most classless in the league.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 05:09 PM
How does the SCOREBOARD have anything to do with a blatent rule violation? Once again, you all are hopped up on this "hater" thing. No one is hating, but it is indisputable that what Santonio did qualifies as "using the ball as a prop." The rule is stupid, but it is the rule.

True, but the refs didnt see the celebration, just like they didnt see Harrison get held another 5 times while pass rushing......so its pretty much a wash.

Face it. James Harrison was obstructed from rushing the passer by O linemen with a closed fist of jersey and their hands outside the frame. THAT IS A BLATANT RULE VIOLATION !!!!

Lettin a guy shake the football before spiking it was just the refs letting them play thru it, just like they let Jared Gathier do all 3 times we played the Rat-turds.

CLINZ
02-02-2009, 05:10 PM
The Ravens are our doormats to SB titles.

Stover4Prez
02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
who the **** cares? im just bummed that harrison didnt donkey punch a raven in the previous game.

if jack lambert saw you ravenfans whining about this he'd probably bitchslap you (on the field of course).

quit acting like wusses....

especially when the team you root for is the most classless in the league.

What is wrong with you? I said nothing to provoke you wanting to hurt the players on the team I cheer for. I'm not acting like a wuss. I'm discussing the rules of the NFL and how they are applied to the game of football.

It was a penalty. It wasn't called, but it qualified. That's all I'm saying. I'm not hating or saying you should have lost. It is just another part of the game people analyze, just like it was the most amazing super bowl ever or it was the greatest INT ever or it was the best drive Ben has ever made ever. It is something people who like football talk about.

So please don't be rude and wish my players harm.

Stover4Prez
02-02-2009, 05:16 PM
True, but the refs didnt see the celebration, just like they didnt see Harrison get held another 5 times while pass rushing......so its pretty much a wash.

Face it. James Harrison was obstructed from rushing the passer by O linemen with a closed fist of jersey and their hands outside the frame. THAT IS A BLATANT RULE VIOLATION !!!!

Lettin a guy shake the football before spiking it was just the refs letting them play thru it, just like they let Jared Gathier do all 3 times we played the Rat-turds.

I agree. And there was a missed block in the back on the Harrison INT return. And the holding in the endzone was questionable. And the roughing the passer was questionable. And Ben's TD that was overturned in the first quarter was questionable. I'm not saying you didn't win the game. You played great and are the SB Champs. Congratulations. But to say people are only saying it was a penalty "because PTI is a bunch of haters" is silly. They said it because it is the truth.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-02-2009, 05:17 PM
First off, what I see is the guy choking on his mouth guard. Harrison is hitting him on his back trying to dislodge it.
Than the guy said hit me harder its still stuck.

Whatsthe problem?lol

-----

Honestly, you have to wonder wtf is going through Harrisons head, lol.Its amazing how many PF's were called this year on bozo plays late int he game, with the game on the line. Would love to know what the coaches or players so to the player committing the foul?

adam10
02-02-2009, 05:17 PM
It happened because the guy went at his knees...he still deserved the penalty which he got but madden was an idiot to say he should have been ejected. Of course when you just see the replay that NBC showed us it looks as if Harrison is the bad guy and had no reason to do it other than hurting the guy. NBC should have shown the whole replay.

noto45
02-02-2009, 05:25 PM
can you say Jack Lambert the 09 version.... he is a beast!

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 05:27 PM
But to say people are only saying it was a penalty "because PTI is a bunch of haters" is silly. They said it because it is the truth.

True. Whether its PTI, or Skip Bayless, or ESPN.....they all wanna nitpick and stir up controversy to make people watch and sell ad time. If the Cardinals won, they would be saying that the Holding call on Hartwig shouldnt be called ......again to stir the pot.

Its why I actually prefer the NFL network guys. Marshal Faulk was the guy to bring up the using the ball as a prop penalty. The other guys (Mariucci, Deion Sanders, Warren Sapp) all thought it was silly to bring it up, but then I could see Rich Eisen thinking of spinning it into something.

Football men think calling that a penalty is stupid. Media men think its an opportunity to talk about something.

SteelCityMan786
02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Classless, yes.

Ejectable offense, NO!

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 05:31 PM
can you say Jack Lambert the 09 version.... he is a beast!

Yeah........I guess Jack Lambert should have had his game check goto the human fund and receive sensitivity training for tossing Cliff Harris to the ground in the Super Bowl.

For those that dont like physical football..........let me point out the directions to the tennis courts. :fingers:

Stover4Prez
I will agree with what you said Gonzo. I think the bigger issue here is the rule itself is moronic. Should you have the grenade celbration or machine gun celebrations like in Any Given Sunday? No. But a snow angel, TO doing a Ussein Bolt in the blocks impersonation or Santonio doing a Lebron impersonation is fun I think. I once again go back to the statement though that it did qualify and had it been called, the call would have been right based on the rulebook today.

fansince'76
What is wrong with you? I said nothing to provoke you wanting to hurt the players on the team I cheer for. I'm not acting like a wuss. I'm discussing the rules of the NFL and how they are applied to the game of football.

No, I think you're here more to stir up shit than anything else. Just leave. Have a nice offseason and all that crap.

Stover4Prez
02-02-2009, 05:36 PM
No, I think you're here more to stir up shit than anything else. Just leave. Have a nice offseason and all that crap.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I didn't think I said anything derogatory towards any of your fans or was trying to take away from your accomplishments. I thought I could simply discuss a little more football with some fans from another city.

steelerdave1969
02-02-2009, 05:37 PM
You know what? I have been a Steelers fan for over 25 years and I dont see it ever changing in a million years and I will never go against one of my own players in any way unless they commit murder or blaspheme against my Lord & Savior. I am looking forward to the '09 season and a chance to win #7 and pounding the Ravens atleast 2 more times again next season. This should be a very interesting offseason and I think the Steelers should keep this team intact as well as they can and sign some role players for next season and get us some good young players in the upcoming draft... Did I miss anything?
Oh I got off subject didnt I?... Season Is Over and The Steelers Are Super Bowl XLIII Champions and No One, I Mean No One Can Take That Away From Our Beloved Steelers, Can I Get An Amen?

:chuckle:

Steelcitygal87
02-02-2009, 05:40 PM
No i agree. That was just a retarded thing to do by James harrison. What GOOD could come of that. It was enough that he was pinning the guy to the turf, but then he had to shove him twice. HARD. It was great that he had a 100 yard interception return, but that moment ruined quite a bit for me. 3 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on us. Theres something u dont wanna see.

It wasn't a very wise/smart thing to do. You are right, no good could come of it, and you are hurting your team in the biggest game of the year. That moment was disappointing for me. As you said, he had made that spectacular interception for a td and then to have something like this happen. The fact that he wouldn't let up was my whole problem with that situation. He kept at it and kept at it. He should have backed off, and he didn't. I agree, 3 unsportsmanlike penalties is not Steeler football.

4G63
02-02-2009, 05:43 PM
oCrAbErvQ54

It didn't look like Fransisco did anything different than any other play you see in the NFL? It certainly wasn't the blatant "going for the knees" it was made out to be...... :confused:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I once again go back to the statement though that it did qualify and had it been called, the call would have been right based on the rulebook today.

I agree, that had it been called it was valid in the rulebook. But I qualify that by saying that James Harrison frequently gets steer wrestled to the ground by a LT with his left hand on Harrisons far shoulder pad and arm around his neck, while the right hand is on his back........with no call.

This is no exaggeration. It has happened all season and no Gathier isnt the only one that has done it and I actually think he was one of the guys that played Harrison well this season. The Pittsburgh media has noted it, the players have noted it and the fans have. I think the team with the most sacks in the NFL was without a holding call against them for 7 straight games.

I have an issue with the mass media stirring up the fact that there should have been a 15 yard penalty for pretending the ball was a bottle of talc in the Super Bowl...........yet they shut their eyes, mouths and minds to an actual in game violation so blatant as offensive holding .......for 19 weeks.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Sorry, I just find it amusing that members of this particular fanbase are coming here to split hairs about something James Harrison did in a history-making game for this franchise and playing "moral majority" over it. The hypocrisy is about enough to make me sick.

Stover4Prez
02-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I agree again there Gonzo. I have been disappointed with the officiating all year. Not in Steelers or Ravens games specifically, just across the board.

Harrison took out some frustration in the play here and got 15 yards. That is all that was warranted. Had he hit him or punched him again when he went after him after the two stood up, maybe a different story. The right call was made on the field.

Who listens to madden's opinion anyway?

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 05:50 PM
It didn't look like Fransisco did anything different than any other play you see in the NFL? It certainly wasn't the blatant "going for the knees' it was made out to be...... :confused:

You tell me that if that was Tyrone Carter turning his head and shoulder into Bart Scott's knees like that on a punt and Scott does what Harrison did.........that you think Scott is classless, should be ejected and lose a big part of his check to the human fund????

I would say that Ty Carter got what he deserved for diving at a man's knees instead of hitting him face up with a helmet in the chest. That's possibly taking food out of his kids mouths because daddy blew an ACL.

Stover4Prez
02-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Sorry, I just find it amusing that members of this particular fanbase are coming here to split hairs about something James Harrison did in a history-making game for this franchise and playing "moral majority" over it. The hypocrisy is about enough to make me sick.

I'm only here because I'm not ready to talk about the combine and the draft and the joke that is preseason yet. I'm clinging to the last speck of football season and this board is the only place that people are still talking about the games and the plays.

I don't claim to have the "moral majority" by any stretch. Our team has its share of thuggery. I kind of like it. But I'm not going to dispute when our dude does something moronic or uncalled for. I think the original question has been answered by many here that the act by Harrison on that particular play was uncalled for and he payed the appropriate fine (15yards)

stlrtruck
02-02-2009, 06:03 PM
I agree again there Gonzo. I have been disappointed with the officiating all year. Not in Steelers or Ravens games specifically, just across the board.

Harrison took out some frustration in the play here and got 15 yards. That is all that was warranted. Had he hit him or punched him again when he went after him after the two stood up, maybe a different story. The right call was made on the field.

If you watch the video he didn't punch him, he pushed him with an open fist on the shoulder pads. I'd have to agree wtith FS, this play is getting too much attention and it's not worthy of it.

Big deal, Harrison took out some aggression - he got flagged for it, let it go, especially considering it's over!!

cowboykilla
02-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Is six rings classy? Your thoughts.......

4G63
02-02-2009, 06:10 PM
You tell me that if that was Tyrone Carter turning his head and shoulder into Bart Scott's knees like that on a punt and Scott does what Harrison did.........that you think Scott is classless, should be ejected and lose a big part of his check to the human fund????

I would say that Ty Carter got what he deserved for diving at a man's knees instead of hitting him face up with a helmet in the chest. That's possibly taking food out of his kids mouths because daddy blew an ACL.

Well.....yeah! If he did something like that he'd be vilified for his actions by the fans and media in Baltimore. If your actions hurt the team on the field then you take whatever heat you get. Ask Daren Stone how he feels about throwing Harrison into the Ravens bench at the end of the AFCCG. His actions directly affected the outcome of the game.

Btw, I'm talking about the vid that I quoted. He wasn't going at Harrison full-speed and Harrison saw him coming......it didn't deserve what the dude got in return in my opinion.

Stover4Prez
02-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Classy? I don't really think that applies. Impressive? Absolutely!

jjpro11
02-02-2009, 06:11 PM
It didn't look like Fransisco did anything different than any other play you see in the NFL? It certainly wasn't the blatant "going for the knees" it was made out to be...... :confused:

what are you talking about? he went straight at the knees of the league's best defender.. stupid goddamn special teamer trying to take out an mvp. thats old school dirty right there, and harrison got old school revenge.

TheSteelCurtain
02-02-2009, 06:42 PM
what are you talking about? he went straight at the knees of the league's best defender.. stupid goddamn special teamer trying to take out an mvp. thats old school dirty right there, and harrison got old school revenge.

I agree you wanna play dirty be prepared to get knock the fawk out.

HometownGal
02-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Really at this point -who gives a rat's ass? :doh:

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Really at this point -who gives a rat's ass? :doh:

Not me...check out my new Signature!

oh...and the Pats Forum already changed my name...so like...what's up with that...I'm sure they just love seeing Dino 6 Rings on their board LOL!

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Doesn't

Steelers 6

look freaking awesome...I mean...really....it looks awesome...

SteelersinCA
02-02-2009, 06:51 PM
It looks beautiful, Dino!!!:hatsoff::tt02:

92Silverback
02-02-2009, 06:54 PM
He might have taken that a little to far but Thats the Nature of the game. And I'd much rather have Harrison do that every game and still cheer for him than go to a ratbird game and cheer for a murderer every time he makes a legitimate tackle.

Stover4Prez
02-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Oh come off the murder line. It is so tired.... You are all smart people up there in steel town. Try to work on something original for the offseason.

Stover4Prez
02-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Ray is a murderer and Harrison beat that guy like he did his girlfriend. Seriously, let's just stick to football.

Hapa
02-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I think the only people that would think this was really wrong either never played football or ONLY played quarterback. (No offense to my quarterback buddies, you guys have a difficult job, but it's a completely different game.)

UF-Steeler
02-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Maybe it's just me but I find this whole thread ridiculous. The ratbird fan coming here and posting stuff to get the board stirred up and then saying he is objective and didn't mean anything by it. I just find it annoying that he keeps posting subtle trash talk and comes back the next post to say he didn't mean it that way or some other BS. MAN UP and say what you want.

Back to the main topic: I definitely don't think that's something that gets a player ejected. It had nothing to do with class, like so many others have said, it's football and it's aggressive.

SteelCurtain7
02-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Oh come off the murder line. It is so tired.... You are all smart people up there in steel town. Try to work on something original for the offseason.

Why? Do the facts upset you?

WETSU, Steeler Nation. More crap and pissing and moaning from Ratbirds fans!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Well.....yeah! If he did something like that he'd be vilified for his actions by the fans and media in Baltimore. If your actions hurt the team on the field then you take whatever heat you get. Ask Daren Stone how he feels about throwing Harrison into the Ravens bench at the end of the AFCCG. His actions directly affected the outcome of the game.

Btw, I'm talking about the vid that I quoted. He wasn't going at Harrison full-speed and Harrison saw him coming......it didn't deserve what the dude got in return in my opinion.

I think you know the real answer and are sidestepping the question. Comparing Darren Stone to James Harrison is not the same!!!!! You really need to compare a respected defensive starter at LB, like Suggs, Lewis or Scott who might have been also playing special teams.

I hazzard a guess that if one of our reserve players like Anthony Smith rolled his head and shoulders into the knees of Ray Lewis like in that video and Lewis did the same thing that Harrison(NFL DPOY) did.......you and all the Raven fans would say that Smith was a punk and should stand up to hit Lewis instead of trying to roll up at his legs.

I would also agree and as much as I dislike Ray Lewis, I see nothing wrong with hitting a player with the open palm of your hand in the shoulder pads.

NoFunLeague
02-02-2009, 09:26 PM
No, it is definitely not classy. It was downright despicable. Not only should he be ashamed of himself but his team as well. I do not have any alliance to either team, but seeing that kind of thuggish behavior, reminds me why I have a hard time wanting to watch the NFL games.

Harrison needs to take his sorry self, along with Tank Johnson, TO, Ward, R. Lewis, A. Smith and all of the other wannabe badasses and gtfo of the NFL before they embarrass their team and the league anymore than they already have.

I am hoping that Goodell makes an example of this tool. Sorry, but even as fans, I can not see how any Steeler fan would be ok with this behavior.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 09:29 PM

I agree. Its really obstruction of justice or conspiracy to committ murder. I dont think Ray did any stabbing, but he knows who did and what happened, but aint saying nothing...........the great man of god that he is. :rolleyes:

HometownGal
02-02-2009, 09:34 PM
No, it is definitely not classy. It was downright despicable. Not only should he be ashamed of himself but his team as well. I do not have any alliance to either team, but seeing that kind of thuggish behavior, reminds me why I have a hard time wanting to watch the NFL games.

Harrison needs to take his sorry self, along with Tank Johnson, TO, Ward, R. Lewis, A. Smith and all of the other wannabe badasses and gtfo of the NFL before they embarrass their team and the league anymore than they already have.

I am hoping that Goodell makes an example of this tool. Sorry, but even as fans, I can not see how any Steeler fan would be ok with this behavior.

The color green just doesn't suit you :troll: Sayonara! :wave:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks HTG.....I wanted to respond, but knew that he was trollin' and didnt wanna take the bait.

Stlrs4Life
02-02-2009, 09:49 PM

Exactly.

VegasStlrFan
02-02-2009, 10:02 PM
I want to see the whole play, before I judge. It looked excessive but if that was retaliation for a cheap shot / block (as James percieved it) then I have no problem with it. If it wasn't, then I would say Harrison lost his head, deserved the penalty and probably a fine.

GoFins11
02-02-2009, 10:04 PM
From what I see in that gif, it looked shady. I could see an argument for both sides.

CaliStillersFan
02-02-2009, 10:08 PM
This is what I want to know. When it was happening the play was still live, it wasn't after this whistle. Why did the AZ player just sit there on his knee's like a little bitch and not fight back? The play was live, what if the ball got returned Harrison didn't stay on top of the guy and he ended up tackling the returner? Not Harrison's fault that the AZ player was a wuss. There was no punch (he pushed him twice), it wouldn't have looked as physical if the guy would have done anything other than kneel if front of Harrison waiting to blow him. When he did go to stand up Harrison knocked the hell out of him to make sure he wasn't getting up. Should they change the rules during the super bowl just because we didn't get enough yards in penalty for it. I did cost us though. They got a safety and then a TD from the free kick, so I think it all worked out for AZ and did nothing but hurt Pgh. There was absolutely no reason to eject him from the game, because there was no punch, you can clearly see that his hand was open. If anything the AZ player should have been flagged for being a punk.

TheSteelCurtain
02-02-2009, 10:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCrAbErvQ54

They ya go watch him try to roll him up. Harrison never punched him. He was going too and just pushed him down to "protect himself." Dont F around Francisco if you dont want jacked up.

TheSteelCurtain
02-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Not to mention the play is still live. I think the penalty on harrison is a questionable call. He was gonna hit him and just pushed him down on the back. You can see Memo calling for the fair catch in the background.

meelanova
02-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Francisco gotta get up and fight Harrison, I know I would've. I'll be damned if I let another man punk me like that. No way in hell.

rick723
02-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Yeah he might have been 50 yds away from the play, but there never was a punch. He pushed him in the chest, but 20 yrs ago that would have never been called. So you and Madden can go eat your crow together.

Someone tell madden we won the AFCG against the raiders. Some guy named Franco snatched one out of the air, (I think?)

rick723
02-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Francisco gotta get up and fight Harrison, I know I would've. I'll be damned if I let another man punk me like that. No way in hell.

Well, francisco got punked. If they were in jail her name would be francisco Harrison. Punk at large.

rick723
02-03-2009, 12:00 AM

Actually two, smeone drove the limo to get ray the knife away

rick723
02-03-2009, 12:01 AM

Post of the day. a ratbird fan posted on the cards board
" Welcome to our world" what a fan!

rick723
02-03-2009, 12:11 AM
I been reading different team boards today. Everyone we beat this year says the refs gave it to us. and Fatboy holmey still is in shock from SBXL. Still talking about it too LOL

VegasStlrFan
02-03-2009, 12:22 AM
Watching the whole play, Harrison caught a guy diving for a cut block and he obviously thought it was cheap. Was it, probably not but that doesn't matter Harrison did. IMO its not a Class question, it was retaliation for a percieved cheap shot. That play was more along the line of intimidation and a "don't try that sh!t on me", than it was "I'm gonna pick on this guy for no reason". A lot of guys on every team get pissed when people go after their legs. Don't expect these guys to play with emotion and be Choir boys as well. He got a flag and thats as much as he should've got.

If were gonna say that was classless then we'll just have say Lambert, Butkis, Nitchke, Taylor, Long, Greene, and every other HOF player that had a reputation for intimidating as classless. Do we really want to go there? Break out any highlight film of the greats and you will see a play(s) of them doing "classless" acts if thats how you want to define it.

CaliStillersFan
02-03-2009, 12:32 AM
I never understood the conversation about CLASS in football anyway. This isn't golf. I loved football in the 70's where instead of helping the enemy up, Mean Joe would smash their faces back into the ground, and that was after a play was over, and there was never a personal foul for it. If you are looking for CLASS from your athletes, go watch some golf or tennis, football is not for you. I want the front office to have class, I have want my team and coaches to be mean and intimidating like our Steelers were in the 70's.

Sixburgh Baby
02-03-2009, 12:34 AM

What are your thoughts?

This does not bother me one bit. Not then, not now, not ever. As long as the play is going on - free game. He didn't kill the guy, he made him "unavailable". The league is way too soft. I was watching old time films about how when the Steelers played the Raiders, the D Linemen on the Raiders would put metal and shit in their hands and arms and wrap the shit out it. They showed the footage and they all just basically had giant clubs on their arms, beating the shit out of each other. It was funny as hell. Now, you push a guy to the ground and its a fitfteen yard penalty and thousands of dollars. Sometimes, clas and Football just don't mix.

LVSteelersfan
02-03-2009, 01:00 AM
I agree. And there was a missed block in the back on the Harrison INT return. And the holding in the endzone was questionable. And the roughing the passer was questionable. And Ben's TD that was overturned in the first quarter was questionable. I'm not saying you didn't win the game. You played great and are the SB Champs. Congratulations. But to say people are only saying it was a penalty "because PTI is a bunch of haters" is silly. They said it because it is the truth.

It was not a block in the back on that run. Do you guys honestly only see what you want to see? He hit him on the front of his shoulder with his right hand, not in the back. Get over yourself. And while you are at it, just get lost. Those stupid nitpicky celebration penalties RUIN THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME. Giving a team a cheap 15 yards for something like that needs to be taken out of the game.

steelwall
02-03-2009, 01:05 AM
I've went through 95% of this thread reading, and I agree with everyone who says "this is football". I mean we ain't talking about square dancing or figure skateing.

To be honest I have done the exact same thing in games. It may have looked to some like he threw a punch but his hand was open. What's he supposed to do, softly lay his hand on the other players back? There is a difference between open hand and closed hand. If the ball is in play you are allowed to engage your oponent (kickers/QB's I understand the rules on that) but I feel what he did was not over the top at all. Had he kept pounding on the guy's back, yes, that is excessive, but he did not.

If a player continues to engage another after the wistle that's a different story too, and you are flaged for that.

I just don't think this is "excessive".

Stover4Prez
02-03-2009, 01:31 AM
It was not a block in the back on that run. Do you guys honestly only see what you want to see? He hit him on the front of his shoulder with his right hand, not in the back. Get over yourself. And while you are at it, just get lost. Those stupid nitpicky celebration penalties RUIN THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME. Giving a team a cheap 15 yards for something like that needs to be taken out of the game.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The right hand is on his shoulder, but his left hand is in the small of his back. The defender stops to make the tackle and ends up on his face. Looks like it to me. But it didn't look like it to the zebras, which is all that matters at the end of the day. It's not a foul unless the ref calls it. I'm not attacking your steelers, just making an observation on the officiating. Calm down.

As for the celebration, I AGREE WITH YOU! Read my post. I think is just as dumb as you do. Along with the tuck rule. But you can't dispute that it is a rule, that Santonio Holmes knows about, and if the refs saw it, they should have called it. Plain and simple. You can argue whether it is a dumb rule, or it ruins the integrity all day. But it is the rule. And there is no disputing that he used the ball as a prop.

CaliStillersFan
02-03-2009, 01:35 AM
I think the biggest problem with this Super bowl and Super XL is that we were playing teams with the dumbest fanbase's around. They don't normally watch football unless their teams make the playoffs so they don't know the rules of the game and when they lose the Super Bowl, they cry and whine and try to taint the victory. Truly pathetic. The Cards and Seahags should buy the fans a copy of the NFL rule book as presents.

Stover4Prez
02-03-2009, 01:42 AM
What rule did they claim was broken that is in error? I agree with the argument about the block in the back was not that big. Just looked like it from my perspective. And I'm obviously wrong because no one else thinks it was a big deal. Just an observation.

But the Harrison penalty was called correctly. And the Holmes celebration was not, and erroneously NOT called.

SteelersinCA
02-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The right hand is on his shoulder, but his left hand is in the small of his back. The defender stops to make the tackle and ends up on his face. Looks like it to me. But it didn't look like it to the zebras, which is all that matters at the end of the day. It's not a foul unless the ref calls it. I'm not attacking your steelers, just making an observation on the officiating. Calm down.

As for the celebration, I AGREE WITH YOU! Read my post. I think is just as dumb as you do. Along with the tuck rule. But you can't dispute that it is a rule, that Santonio Holmes knows about, and if the refs saw it, they should have called it. Plain and simple. You can argue whether it is a dumb rule, or it ruins the integrity all day. But it is the rule. And there is no disputing that he used the ball as a prop.

Yup he did. It's not the Steelers fault they didn't call it. The officiating has been horrible all year. The NFL needs to get full time refs. There isn't a game that goes by that can't be questioned, the lights are just brighter on the biggest stage.

However, it is pretty suspect that you come onto a Steelers board and seemingly somehow try to rain on our parade. If you wanted to talk football there are other ways to accomplish it.

The thread title isn't exactly "classy." For any fan to come onto the 6 time Super Bowl Champs board and try to stir the pot is pretty poor. Kettle/pot, pick one. Rain on the parade all you want under the guise of "talking football." Rain, sleet, snow, and the Tampa sunshine are all Steelers football weather. :tt03::tt03::tt03::rofl::rofl:

Stover4Prez
02-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Not trying to rain man. I'm sorry if I have dampened your spirits (which I don't think is possible after that win.) I guess I was interested in the reactions here to the game and some of the calls. I agree the thread should have simply started "What's your opinion" but it didn't. I don't think Harrison should have been ejected, but was a bit amazed at the number of people who are unwilling to admit a missed call or two because they think their win is tainted. It isn't. The Steelers took that game away from the Cards just like they have been taking the wins all year. By brute force. That is why they are number 1 right now.

I don't blame the Steelers about calls. In fact I'm not even commenting on the Steelers at all.

Great game and Great season! You all deserve the championship. I look forward to getting some revenge next year!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-03-2009, 02:08 AM
What do you think about Ben's non-TD? It was ruled a TD on the field by a ref that was on the goal line. Was there "indisputable evidence" to turn it over? (took 4 points from the Steelers/ gave 4 points to the Cards)

How about the safety call? Since when is getting knocked on your ass considered holding? To make that kind of call that could have (and almost did) changed the outcome of the game is iffy at best. (gave the Cards 2 points and a free kick and erased a great 3rd and long conversion that could have sealed the deal, which led to 7 more points.)

You could make the argument that the refs gave the Cards 13 points.

Stover4Prez
02-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Absolutely. I agree on both accounts. Ben's TD was close and so was the holding. I think they called the holding because he wrapped the guy up and brought him down with him.

I feel like the refs all season have not been on their game. In the end, my beef is with the officiating as a whole. Nothing against the Steelers. They won the game outright and deserve the trophy. I just wish the league and the officials could start getting things right the first time and make some better calls.

SteelersinCA
02-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Absolutely. I agree on both accounts. Ben's TD was close and so was the holding. I think they called the holding because he wrapped the guy up and brought him down with him.

I feel like the refs all season have not been on their game. In the end, my beef is with the officiating as a whole. Nothing against the Steelers. They won the game outright and deserve the trophy. I just wish the league and the officials could start getting things right the first time and make some better calls.

You know it's funny, I was watching the game with a buddy who was pulling for the Cards, yet when Ben scored/didn't score he said TD and I was saying no TD, I don't want any excuses. I wish Tomlin had the balls to go for it with the #1 D, but I'm not really complaining.

I think if we go up on them by 14 real quick the game would have been much much different, but that would be pure conjecture.

Stover4Prez
02-03-2009, 02:23 AM
Absolutely. 14-0 to start and I think you would have been on your way to a blowout. Just like if they go into the locker room at half up 14-10 or even tied, I think you have a seriously tough time winning. (like it wasn't tough enough). But you got an amazing INT return and had a hell of a final drive, like you always do to clinch it. All in all, an amazing game to watch!

SteelersinCA
02-03-2009, 02:36 AM
That's why I don't get all the people that say Ben isn't elite. How many 4th qtr game winning drives do you have to put together? I mean seriously. Sure he isn't as pretty or mechanically sound as Manning, but correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Manning notorious for losing when he should win?

CaliStillersFan
02-03-2009, 02:45 AM
Not doubt, I'll take Ben's 4th quarter drives over a QB with Marino stats any day.

Ben - 2 rings
Marino - none

zsheik22
02-03-2009, 02:48 AM
He did NOT punch him. He shoved him.

Open your eyes and watch the white on Harrison's gloves. His hands are open the entire time he's shoving him around.

zsheik22
02-03-2009, 02:51 AM
Best part of this?

People crying about Harrison. My Christ, they would have had NIGHTMARES if they watched a man named Jack Lambert play.

IAWarnerFan
02-03-2009, 03:11 AM
Throwing a puch when the player is down is different from hitting hard and giving nightmares that way. He should have been ejected. O well, there's other things that bug me more from this game. I doubt the league does anything except a very small fine. It seems late hits and fighting is now what the league is looking for.

CaliStillersFan
02-03-2009, 03:24 AM
I guess a shove to someone from Pittsburgh could be considered a punch in Phoenix. ;)

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-03-2009, 03:28 AM
Throwing a puch when the player is down is different from hitting hard and giving nightmares that way. He should have been ejected. O well, there's other things that bug me more from this game. I doubt the league does anything except a very small fine. It seems late hits and fighting is now what the league is looking for.

Quit crying. Again, if Harrison should have been ejected then so should the Cards player that ran over the place holder. Shoving a person late that tried to chop your knees out is different than trucking over a place kicker who is down on his knee (which is always an illegal hit). They both got their 15 yard penalties, and that is the end of it.

The refs gave you 6-13 points an you still couldn't win. If Cards players can take the loss like men, then their fans should too.

IAWarnerFan
02-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Quit crying. Again, if Harrison should have been ejected then so should the Cards player that ran over the place holder. Shoving a person late that tried to chop your knees out is different than trucking over a place kicker who is down on his knee (which is always an illegal hit). They both got their 15 yard penalties, and that is the end of it.

The refs gave you 6-13 points an you still couldn't win. If Cards players can take the loss like men, then their fans should too.

The refs gave us nothing! You're nieve for even making that remark. He inadvertantly ran into the holder. It was a terrible call, but the defense was able to stop your Steelers from scoring a TD afterwards. Lets just not mention the illegal block to the back on the Int return for TD that wasn't called. It doesn't matter how the block started, you don't block someone when they're back is turned to you. That's still no excuse for the defense not stopping your offense with 2 and a half minutes left tho.

CaliStillersFan
02-03-2009, 04:06 AM
If you understood the rules you would know that wasn't a block in the back. His hand that made the first contact (which is important when determining a block in the back) is on the front of his shoulder. Wherever the body hits after the initial contact is made is irrelevant. This is why you Cards fans like the Seahags fans whine so much, because you don't know the rules or how to interrupt them.

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 05:24 AM
The refs gave us nothing! You're nieve for even making that remark. He inadvertantly ran into the holder. It was a terrible call, but the defense was able to stop your Steelers from scoring a TD afterwards. Lets just not mention the illegal block to the back on the Int return for TD that wasn't called. It doesn't matter how the block started, you don't block someone when they're back is turned to you. That's still no excuse for the defense not stopping your offense with 2 and a half minutes left tho.

Your very last sentence....is the ball game..what it came down to. The Cards had the lead with a little over 2 minutes left. Your defense had been playing VERY well all game long(especially against the run). Ben picked them apart during that last drive. I understand about your frustration with the calls...and lack there of....but nothing changes the fact the Cards were playing with THE LEAD in that final 2 mins. They had a job to do...stop our offense, and they couldn't get it done...they fell short...The coverage in the end zone, on the last play, couldn't have been any better... Santonio just made a tremendous catch. They needed to step up and make a play(keep us out of the end zone)..and they didn't. Even if they give up a field goal, the game would only have been tied. So while venting about the officiating is understandable...the game still came down to our offense against your defense.

SteelCurtain7
02-03-2009, 05:29 AM
I guess a shove to someone from Pittsburgh could be considered a punch in Phoenix. ;)

Most soft, finesse teams do. :laughing:

Texasteel
02-03-2009, 05:31 AM

I believe you are wrong on both these rules. You can't hit a kicker or a holder unless you are blocked into them, period. If you are blocking a defender and he turns his back to you, it is not a penalty.

Go ahead and cry for a day or two, then go home. You are starting to look trollish.:troll:

SteelCurtain7
02-03-2009, 05:34 AM
You beat me to it, Tex. IA, go hang out with the other ladies in your Deadbirds knitting circle and vent. Maybe Oprah's latest book club tome will help you get in touch with your feelings. Or maybe it's just that time of month for you. :rofl:

TheSteelCurtain
02-03-2009, 08:00 AM

Illegal block in the back hahaha. I can tell you never played a down of football in your life. He pushed him in the shoulder with one hand. It was far from a block in the back. I watched the play over and over and over again. The only people that think it was a block in the back is Card's fans. Strange isnt it. Fitzgerald should have been flagged 15 yards for running the whole way down the field Out of Bounds and being the one to initiate contact. That gives us the ball on the 1 with a second left. The mighty mighty Kurt Warner should have never threw the ball the begin with. Lebeau worked him out like a school boy and the veteran warner fell for it. Running into the holder is a penalty. Whether you want it to be or not it is today, tommorow and next year. Here is 2 for you there was no evidence to over turn Ben's TD on the first drive. It needs to be inconclusive and it was not. The call on the field was a TD. The holding in the endzone was a joke too. Our guy got beat so bad he was on his back before he had a chance to hold anybody. Great play by your nose tackle but you cant call a holding there. Its not the officials fault your OT couldnt handle our LB's for a second. If the wanted to they could have called 3 more holds. The idea of throwing Harrison out is hillarious. You should be glad he did not get thrown out in actuality. He got flagged for 15 whiched led to the safety. 3 Players later we ran a set for the first time which involved harrison as a decoy again. That was the play Fitz housed for 65 yards and the lead. If James Harrison was not in the game. We probably would not have called that decoy set. Its a 2 way street brother.

Im not saying we got jobbed. We won the games that great. But if the steelers dont score a TD there to win it. We could make the same complaints the sore loser cards fans are making but we wouldnt. We would own up to the fact our team didnt preform the way the needed to. You should be happy our offense let off a little bit or this would have been a blowout.

jjpro11
02-03-2009, 08:01 AM
how the hell are you arguing the running into the holder call? the reason you dont see it called often is because nobody is stupid enough to go barreling into a placeholder. and with such a short field goal, it would have been a smart move on your coach's part to let up on the field goal block because the kick had a high trajectory making it almost impossible to be blocked. longer field goals are much more susceptible to being blocked because of the low trajectory, blocking a 25 yard kick is almost unheard of. you run the risk of roughing when you have a guy coming off the edge and thats what happened.

BleedBlacknGold0
02-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Per NFL.com due to recent criticisms and complaints from the 8 Cardinals fan across the United States the results of Superbowl 43 will be reversed.

Milkman
02-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Per NFL.com due to recent criticisms and complaints from the 8 Cardinals fan across the United States the results of Superbowl 43 will be reversed.

MikeTheGreaseMan
02-03-2009, 09:41 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3465/3249181263_79a00fe388.jpg?v=0

Great game Steeler Nation.

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 09:57 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3465/3249181263_79a00fe388.jpg?v=0

OK, I'll bite. What's up with the faggy-looking dude holding the TTs? :noidea:

UF-Steeler
02-03-2009, 09:59 AM
I was reading my Big Green Egg forum and some guy had a pretty decent comment.

If the refs were pulling for the Steelers so badly then why would they call that holding call that caused the safety and changed the game. Card fans need to stop crying.

UF-Steeler
02-03-2009, 09:59 AM
OK, I'll bite. What's up with the faggy-looking dude holding the TTs? :noidea:

That's the shamwow dude. Person prob thought it was funny.

Jaquila
02-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Seen worse and tbh honest I LOVE when games get intense like that no matter who is playin... as long as it isnt real fightin. It was the SB.... we were behind and many players on the D got frustrated which is the cause of actions like these which is against the rules of the game and the man got a penalty ( which wa totally correct ) you just seem to forget how you should react to stuff like this which is......... PLAY ON!
Get ALL the pussies and pussie comments out of the NFL.
you are just commin here crying.... Ravens got players who has done shit like that too you know and I LOVE it as long as it doesnt physically harm another player... but a push!? go watch curling instead!

All three games were close...The Rats have a heck of a defense #2 in the NFL..I didn't see us smacking anyone around. We won the games, but I would hardly call any of them beat downs. We couldn't run the ball to save our life and it took a 4th quarter drive orchestrated by Ben, perfectly, to take it the length of the field and put it in the end zone, in the game in Baltimore. And if it wasn't for Troys interception, and return for a td, in the AFC Champ. game, who knows how that would have turned out.

no all three games were tough and close good games, BUT when you beat a team 3 times in a row I personnally considering it as smackin them arounf hehe=)

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-03-2009, 11:01 AM
That's the shamwow dude. Person prob thought it was funny.

I am laughin my a$$ off right now at the Terrible Shamwow!!! :rofl: Some guy gave me a sample of one at a booth at the mall and its freakin hilarious.

Kind of in the same way they could make a Ray Lewis signature edition Ginsu Knife set. :laughing:

UF-Steeler
02-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Kind of in the same way they could make a Ray Lewis signature edition Ginsu Knife set. :laughing:

Stover4Prez
02-03-2009, 11:08 AM

Or a James Harrison edition wife beater!! :chuckle::rofl:

Vincent
02-03-2009, 11:10 AM

What are your thoughts?

From a post "elsewhere"... http://www.steelernation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=428405&postcount=3

"On Sirius NFL Radio's Late Hits, the hosts said that the player Harrison punched had tried going for Harrison's knees. They were very adamant about this and upset with Madden and all the other Monday morning quarterbacks for jumping to conclusions without seeing the whole thing. They also said that Harrison's punch would be legal during a live play, so the penalty resulted because it happened after the whistle. Two of the callers also said that they saw the guy try to punch Harrison in the nuts. People need to stop being pansies and overreacting without knowing the full situation -- this is football, not ballet. Sure, the penalty sucks in that situation, but if that's what the Arizona player did, then Harrison was right to do that -- you need to send a message so they know that sort of crap isn't going to be tolerated."

I like Silverback. He plays an intense brand of football within the rules. He's a good citizen that can be seen helping guys up and patting them on the head. But if you piss him off.... yikes.

Reality is, the ONLY way you keep him from killing your QB on EVERY play is by holding, dragging him down by his facemask, and generally breaking every football rule in the book. That's how good he is.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Or a James Harrison edition wife beater!! :chuckle::rofl:

It would have to come with a Heinz ketchup stain on it for official licensed merchandise. :chuckle:

Man, I kill me!! Ooops, shouldnt say that to a Ravens fan. :wink:

jjpro11
02-03-2009, 11:16 AM
if the cards player did that to ray ray, he would have pulled out a knife and gutted him on the spot.

Stover4Prez
02-03-2009, 11:19 AM
if the cards player did that to ray ray, he would have pulled out a knife and gutted him on the spot.

I agree. Everyone's criminal side comes out when someone goes for the knees. Harrison beats the guy like he beats his girlfriend. Guess dude was lucky the Steelers won the AFCCG.

You guys with this murder thing.... honestly it is just so old.

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 11:29 AM
I agree. Everyone's criminal side comes out when someone goes for the knees. Harrison beats the guy like he beats his girlfriend. Guess dude was lucky the Steelers won the AFCCG.

You guys with this murder thing.... honestly it is just so old.

I agree with you about that whole Ray Lewis murder cry....people CONSTANTLY bringing it up is getting annoying and very......boring. In my opinion, a lot of the time people can't think of anything more creative or insightful to say, so they resort to bringing up what has become the standard comeback....Ray Lewis is a murderer.

Stover4Prez
02-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Ahh, a breath of fresh air. Thank you for backing me up on the Ray Lewis thing. Maybe there are a couple Steelers fans I can like!
:thumbsup::drink:

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Ahh, a breath of fresh air. Thank you for backing me up on the Ray Lewis thing. Maybe there are a couple Steelers fans I can like!
:thumbsup::drink:

You are welcome. :drink: . I call it as I see it.

revefsreleets
02-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Old?

Somehow I don't think it's "old" to the families of the youngs guys who were stabbed to death...there's a reason there's no statute of limitations on murder.

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Old?

Somehow I don't think it's "old" to the families of the youngs guys who were stabbed to death...there's a reason there's no statute of limitations on murder.

It's all good - he's "found God," after all.

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Old?

Was the topic of this post to begin with about Ray Lewis?? No it wasn't. The poster wanted to know our thoughts on the Harrison situation, there was no need to bring up anything about Ray Lewis. So this guy is a RATS fan..so what. He didn't inquire as to our opinion on Ray. That is why I felt it was unnecessary to bring him up.

Stover4Prez
02-03-2009, 11:42 AM
And there's a reason he went to trial and was acquitted. In fact Ray is the only one that got any jail time because he made a deal and testified against the others. Of which there was no evidence to convict.

It doesn't really matter. I just think the "Oh Ray is a murderer" line is just so tired. Talk about his play or his comments, but it was 10 years ago.

Sorry about the threadjack. Back to the issue. 15 yards. No ejection. Its football.

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Was the topic of this post to begin with about Ray Lewis?? No it wasn't. The poster wanted to know our thoughts on the Harrison situation, there was no need to bring up anything about Ray Lewis. So he is a RATS fan..so what. He didn't inquire as to our opinion on Ray. That is why I felt it was unnecessary to bring him up.

Actually, I think it was a roundabout way to try and piss on our parade, but whatever.