PDA

View Full Version : Overturned Ben TD

plenewken
02-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I know it doesn't matter but just for the sake if it, I would like to get your perspective on this.

I failed to see indisputable evidence that Ben was down before the ball crossed the line on his rushing TD. It seems that Ben had his back laying on a AZ player and it doesn't look like he ever touched the ground before the line.
The initial call was TD therefore I would like to know what made the refs overturn the call?

matt314hew
02-02-2009, 12:00 PM
After a few replays, i was able to see that his knee hit the ground before he could stretch into the endzone. Would have liked the 7, but can take the 3

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm glad they overturned it. The whiners are bitching about the refs enough as it is.

TheWarDen86
02-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm glad they overturned it. The whiners are bitching about the refs enough as it is.

I agree although not so sure it should have been overturned.

plenewken
02-02-2009, 12:03 PM
After a few replays, i was able to see that his knee hit the ground before he could stretch into the endzone. Would have liked the 7, but can take the 3

Maybe I needed to see more replays cause it was far from being indisputable to me.

CPanther95
02-02-2009, 12:04 PM

Ain't that the truth!

Cowboys fans have now come to the consensus in their forum that 4 of our SBs were awarded by the refs. The last two - and of course, the 2 we beat them.

What mental midgets.

westcoastransplant
02-02-2009, 12:04 PM

They'll whine and bitch about everything anyway. They got 2 plays overturned, Ben's knee was down in the first one. The second one looked like a fumble. But the thing is, The Steelers overcome the bad calls. You get the job done no matter what.

OX1947
02-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Yah well, 50% of the cowboy players during their 3 titles were all cocaine induced junkies. You don't see anyone from Pittsburgh mentioning that do you?

SC Steeler Steve
02-02-2009, 12:07 PM

Hell haters are still bitching about his SB XL TD.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Cowboys fans have now come to the consensus in their forum that 4 of our SBs were awarded by the refs. The last two - and of course, the 2 we beat them.

Yeah? Well O'Donnell was paid off to throw SB XXX! I can play that stupid ass game too.

Hines0wnz
02-02-2009, 12:11 PM

I was thinking SB XL all over again..........

steelreserve
02-02-2009, 12:12 PM
It didn't look to me like his knee ever hit the ground -- you could still see the shadow under it, and then he got twisted sideways and the knee came up. Unless I was just blind or looking at the wrong knee or something.

Honestly, the first thing that corssed my mind when they overturned it was, "Well, that was a make-up call for Ben's touchdown in the Seattle game."

plenewken
02-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I agree although not so sure it should have been overturned.

Me neither, and don't understand the other guy's comments. We won fair and square, and nobody's whining here.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Me neither, and don't understand the other guy's comments. We won fair and square, and nobody's whining here.

Yep, nobody is whining HERE. This is what I was talking about:

Just to give you a taste.

#
Hard luck Cards. Great to see they made a game of it though. Wasn't able to watch it live but it was great to be able to follow what was happening from here in Australia on game center. Thankyou
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
arcticfahx
Where was the booth review on the last play of the game? 5 seconds remaining, that was *not* a fumble. Warner's arm was in forward motion at the time, therefore it should have been ruled incomplete, and a booth review would have caught it. Would the Cardinals have gotten to the endzone with one last play? We'll never know, but thanks to the lack of booth review there, we'll never know who *really* won.
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
jojo36
this game was rigged just like when they played the seahawks. the refs called some bull***t penalties. that last play for the cards was called wrong. ***k the steelers i would be ashamed to be a fan of them. how does it feel to know that both of the superbowls that they won in the past four years were the refs against the opposing team.
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
indomitus
What a farce
about 1 hour ago
Recommend 1 Report
#
synicvance
Running into the holder is a penalty now? So which sport is more soft soccer or football, Im gonna go with football on this one
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
t13tuck
HOW COULD THEY NOT REVIEW THAT LAST PLAY------IT WASN"T A FUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and with the penalty the Cardinals could have easily won......WTF----from a unbiased Fan----they ruined an amazing game!
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
jawharris
this is stupid how can they end the super bowl like this at least give the Cardinals the chance to go for thetouchdown
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
skoolz
yeah, COsteelerfan, read the msgs here.. definitely a rigged game
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
lovepoppa
Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Big Ben...Steelers...Ste elers...Congratulati on...Steelers...Stee lers...Congratulatio n...Steelers...Steel ers...Congratulation ...Steelers...Steele rs...Congratulation. ..Steelers...Steeler s...Congratulation.. .Steelers...Steelers ...Congratulation... Steelers...Steelers. ..Congratulation...S teelers...Steelers.. .Congratulation...St eelers...Steelers... Congratulation...Ste elers...Steelers...C ongratulation... Eli Mannings Class And Big Ben Class Has Produced #3 Super Bowl Championships In The Clutch Congratulation Steeler Fans They Deserve It... Sore Losers Will Be Just That... But Steelers Are The Champions... I Am A Giants Fan But I Respect There Organization Because Ours Is The Same... Love It... Go Mr. Rooney.
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
killiandeth
The Steelers always get away with playing dirty! Why not?! If you never get penalized might as well keep with it huh? Fckin low class organization...

#
desgrange32
I thought the ending of the Super Bowl was very exciting. I was rooting for the Cardinals, but as everyone knows, the Steelers won. All in all it was a great game.
about 1 hour ago
Recommend 1 Report
#
dp39th
90% of the plays the steelers get away with holding and when things aern't going there way they show a lot of unsportsmanlike behavior like when he was beating the crap out of him on the punt which atleast they called
about 1 hour ago
Recommend 1 Report
#
sierragrad98
I GUESS THE TRUTH WILL HURT THEY WONT LET PUT HOW I REALLY FEEL
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
steelersgirl84
Comment is abusive and has been removed.
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
ninerfan4ver
just like the game against the colts the Refs and the NFL wanted the sucky ash sqeelers to win they haven't won anything.. they still suck.. and always will. perhaps someday they can win on their own
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
netman156
I used to consider myself a fan of the game, but something was wrong and if you can't admit it or you think otherwise, your one of the mindless drones the NFL wants as a fan. Wake up people....
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
drtayl0r
one word.... Fraud.
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
cook22
Good job steelers ya you guys won on the Referees giving it to you like last week just go to show who ever has the most $$$ wins 2 weeks in a row they gave it to you.
about 1 hour ago
Recommend Report
#
daniel_ny
the last play was not a sack neither a fumble. what game the refs were seeing. what a suck call, they should to review it.
about 1 hour ago
Recommend 1 Report
#
trekntaz
How can this bad officiating go on?? The last fumble as called was not due to Warners arm was moving in an attempt to pass. I absolutly hate this time crap that is driven by tv networks. It looked just like they wanted to call the game because it was already past 10 pm eastern. Either the replay needs to be better or the officials need to be replaced by cameras & sensors since they can't seem to get most of the calls right.

plenewken
02-02-2009, 12:27 PM
LOL. I know.
Of course, HERE referred to this particular thread, not the whole Forum.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 12:28 PM
LOL. I know.
Of course, HERE referred to this particular thread, not the whole Forum.

Sorry - punchy from lack of sleep. :doh: I'm still pumped! :tt:

tyler289
02-02-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm also glad they overturned it. It looked like his knee was down and there are enough losers bitching as it is.