PDA

View Full Version : NFL on the BBC

sherlock
02-02-2009, 11:58 AM
I really enjoyed the BBC`s coverage of the SB....One of the pundits was Rod Woodson!
There was an debate on a BBC website about the SB and American Football in general.It makes for interesting reading if you want a British perspective of ths fantastic sport.
Apologies in advance for some of the ignorant posts that you will read.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F12468445?thread=6276508&show=50

roethlisbergerUK
02-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Yeah i watched BBC too,The coverage was pretty good and Woodson is a legend.The only thing i did,nt like was the couple of adverts in between advertising animal docs,I think next year though it would be good to have a bit more build up.

TeeJay
02-03-2009, 01:12 PM
I do like the coverage on the Beeb, but Channel 5 it ain't.

I still don't get the fact that Channel 5 get all the regular season games, Sunday and Monday (once the Baseball season is over) then they can't or aren't allowed to show the play-offs...that dicks me off.

At least Mike Carlson 'shared duties' with the mighty Rod Woodson (and major props to him for that, after just being received in to the HoF - still a class act). And it appeared that Jake Humphreys had actually learned what American Football was about this year :flap:.............just he ain't Nat Coombs.

BritishSteel
02-04-2009, 09:01 AM
I do like the coverage on the Beeb, but Channel 5 it ain't.

I still don't get the fact that Channel 5 get all the regular season games, Sunday and Monday (once the Baseball season is over) then they can't or aren't allowed to show the play-offs...that dicks me off.

At least Mike Carlson 'shared duties' with the mighty Rod Woodson (and major props to him for that, after just being received in to the HoF - still a class act). And it appeared that Jake Humphreys had actually learned what American Football was about this year :flap:.............just he ain't Nat Coombs.

I watched the first 20 minutes and switched over to Sky, which I thought was much more professionally presented, but then they've got the experience and, Though it was nice to see Woody, I think Sky's presentation was generally a bit more pointed and focussed.

sherlock
02-04-2009, 10:01 AM
I think that just the fact it was on BBC1 and I didn`t have to go round my Dad`s to watch it on Sky...I always feel guilty as he`s not an NFL fan but always tries to feign interest for my benefit,Bless him!!
Did anyone get Gamepass this season?I think it was the best $240 I`ve ever spent ......every game,anytime you want in HD...just a complete dream! :thumbsup: