PDA

View Full Version : What bugs Me!

Justin Otstott
02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I am sick of people not accepting the fact that we won. When we won sb xl people said the refs gave it to us. And here we go again. Its bullshit. I am so proud to be a true steelers fan and got to enjoy a great game with my family. But can't stand all this bullshit I am going to hear from all these damn haters this week.

My boy is a philly fan and I wanted philly to win and supported them for once and when larry scored that td my phone went off the hook with phone calls with people ready to talk trash. But oh when we won nobody wanted to pick up and say hey congrats! Plus u got skip gayass talking I mean wtf is with people? Anyways we did it guys...what a game hats off to the cards!

FacemeIke
02-02-2009, 12:07 PM
There were several people who text me while Fitzgerald was racing down the field with 2:30 left. I will not be talking to these people for a while!

plenewken
02-02-2009, 12:09 PM
There were several people who text me while Fitzgerald was racing down the field with 2:30 left. I will not be talking to these people for a while!

One of my riding buddies from IN who lives in the Burgh actually texted me at the end of the game that he hates the Steelers. He can go f* himself as fas as I'm concerned.

markymarc
02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Yes it totally sucks, but they are bitter because we are enjoying the six pack now.

JPPT1974
02-02-2009, 01:23 PM
As well as, the pizza and buffalo wings, with the six pack!

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I was at a superbowl party and I was getting tormented by "Panther Fans" that were rooting for the Cardinals. One guy threw my hat off my head after the Fitz TD. I almost killed him. But when the Holmes catch happen he ran out of the room like someone stole his car! hahaha it was truly funny. Whole room was laughing at him. :rofl:

top dawg
02-02-2009, 01:25 PM
It doesn't bug me at all.

Actually, the reverberation of excuses from the haters, along with the deafening silence from the premature scoffers and naysayers are sweet music to my ears.

Their Hatorade is elixir to my lips. Come and share a drink !:drink:

TheWarDen86
02-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Close games will always result in questioning the officiating. Don't let it bother you.

Most (95%) of Cards fans agree that it was a good game and we deserved the win. They're proud of their team as they should be.

JEFF4i
02-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Okay, let me tell you this, because I was in the same boat as you...

Look at every single close game in the past 3 years, and check out the forums of the respective losing team.

People feel (even ourselves), that when it is close, officiating was more important than our respective mistakes. It helps make them feel a little better about it, but it also gives them the assistance of turning the grief into anger.

We won 6, we did it right, and there isn't one darn call in any of them that would say, "This could have absolutely changed the outcome."

Why? Because we're STEELERS.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Okay, let me tell you this, because I was in the same boat as you...

Look at every single close game in the past 3 years, and check out the forums of the respective losing team.

People feel (even ourselves), that when it is close, officiating was more important than our respective mistakes. It helps make them feel a little better about it, but it also gives them the assistance of turning the grief into anger.

We won 6, we did it right, and there isn't one darn call in any of them that would say, "This could have absolutely changed the outcome."

Why? Because we're STEELERS.

AMEN:jammin:

lambertlunaticfan
02-03-2009, 12:46 AM
i would just like to have my team win a super bowl and not have there be any doubt in it...i had to put up with this in 05 with the media and that walrus looking coach showing his true class and saying that at thier rally after the game about ,"i thought we were playing the steelers and not the striped shirts," or whatever stubid, childish, inmature and poor sportsman ship thing he said......but what do you expect....he wouldnt even shake cowhers hand after the game,,,,claiming he couldnt find him,which is funny cause in 39 previous super bowls the losing coach hasnt had a problem finding the winning coach after the game..........so i guess even in 09 here we go again with the media ,like those two morans on pti that spent the whole show ripping on the steelers and praising the cardnals,they actually said the cardnals won the game but that the steelers just happen to come back and win it from them,what????.....well anyway,whatever,go ahead,criticize us,we still won:tt:I am sick of people not accepting the fact that we won. When we won sb xl people said the refs gave it to us. And here we go again. Its bullshit. I am so proud to be a true steelers fan and got to enjoy a great game with my family. But can't stand all this bullshit I am going to hear from all these damn haters this week.

My boy is a philly fan and I wanted philly to win and supported them for once and when larry scored that td my phone went off the hook with phone calls with people ready to talk trash. But oh when we won nobody wanted to pick up and say hey congrats! Plus u got skip gayass talking I mean wtf is with people? Anyways we did it guys...what a game hats off to the cards!

Stover4Prez
02-03-2009, 01:48 AM
You guys absolutely won that game. I don't think any of the calls in question have a direct impact on the outcome. If they called this or that, the Cards would have been closer to the endzone. Sure. If Kurt Warner threw another touchdown pass, the Cards would have won. Or if the Arizona D could have held you for a mere 2:30, they would have won. The Steelers are a beast team and took the victory in the same fashion they have won all year. By smashing the other team until they break. It was an awesome game and an amazing win. Congrats to you guys. I look forward to more nail biters against you next year. (With the Ravens winning instead of you!)

Enjoy the six pack fellas (and ladies). Your Steelers earned it.

CaliStillersFan
02-03-2009, 03:02 AM
We can't have any more nail biters for awhile, after this season I need to regenerate my nubs that are left from this season, and have my heart checked. I'm hoping for all blowout wins and losses next season, it would be much better for my personal health. :)

lambertlunaticfan
02-03-2009, 04:10 AM
thanks stover4prez-you are a class act for posting this:hatsoff:You guys absolutely won that game. I don't think any of the calls in question have a direct impact on the outcome. If they called this or that, the Cards would have been closer to the endzone. Sure. If Kurt Warner threw another touchdown pass, the Cards would have won. Or if the Arizona D could have held you for a mere 2:30, they would have won. The Steelers are a beast team and took the victory in the same fashion they have won all year. By smashing the other team until they break. It was an awesome game and an amazing win. Congrats to you guys. I look forward to more nail biters against you next year. (With the Ravens winning instead of you!)

Justin Otstott
02-03-2009, 05:16 AM
You guys absolutely won that game. I don't think any of the calls in question have a direct impact on the outcome. If they called this or that, the Cards would have been closer to the endzone. Sure. If Kurt Warner threw another touchdown pass, the Cards would have won. Or if the Arizona D could have held you for a mere 2:30, they would have won. The Steelers are a beast team and took the victory in the same fashion they have won all year. By smashing the other team until they break. It was an awesome game and an amazing win. Congrats to you guys. I look forward to more nail biters against you next year. (With the Ravens winning instead of you!)

Thanks bro, nice to see a classy fan. I am enjoying the fact we won. I'm off all week got a new job working for the gov, music is getting better, and my steelers won the bowl! What a year! Now I just hope I win a award at the Central Pa Hip-Hop Awards.

Frankie3521
02-03-2009, 04:02 PM

That post just brought a smile to my face. Thanks man, I look forward to continuing our rivalry next year!

crosby87penguins
02-03-2009, 04:16 PM
The Fitzgerald TD just added to the drama of the game. I was scared as hell after that happened, as was everyone else i'm sure. My mind was saying (after 20-14) "Man, this is like the Ravens game, except this isn't Joe Flacco. This is Kurt Warner, and one of the NFL's best passing games..."

Then when Fitzgerald ran across the middle I thought we were in huuuge trouble... but I remembered immediately how many times Ben lead us down field, and I still had hope. It was way too nerve racking though. He went a long way...

Closest Steelers Super Bowl win, and my dad was tellin me about how XIV was a close game against a 9-7 NFC west team. It's got nothing on this one.

draejr
02-03-2009, 04:21 PM
I always think back to the Indy Steeler game - the one with "the Tackle".

We got hosed on that interception reversal that Troy had and there were some other "non" calls in that game as well - the Steelers still won. The point is, great teams can overcome bad calls - it's part of the game and always will be.

For this game, the only call I did not like was that roughing the passer - I would be pissed if that were called against the Steelers, so I agree with that one. Also, I would have liked to have seen them at least do an "offical review" of the last fumble. The right call was made, but most of us were shocked that there was no offical review on the field. We all understood later on that the booth officials looked at it "quickly" and decided it wasn't worth reviewing, but come on...it's the SuperBowl - what's another 2 minutes?

Anyway, great game, almost gave me a heart attack. Here in Wisconsin, my co-workers have been pretty cool about it. Everyone seems to have really enjoyed this Super Bowl.

7SteelGal43
02-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Yes it totally sucks, but they are bitter because we are enjoying the six pack now.

yes, we enjoy a nice, refreshing six pack, and they can just enjoy a nice cup of shut the h*** up! :chuckle:

jev7452
02-03-2009, 05:31 PM
I was at a superbowl party and I was getting tormented by "Panther Fans" that were rooting for the Cardinals. One guy threw my hat off my head after the Fitz TD. I almost killed him. But when the Holmes catch happen he ran out of the room like someone stole his car! hahaha it was truly funny. Whole room was laughing at him. :rofl:

god yeah living down here in north carolina i always get crap from stupid panthers fans who have no idea what they are talking about.. i went to the super bowl and all week up to it everyone was shouting go cardinals blah blah blah! and what a surprise, after the win, not one of them said a word.. instead it was my friends that are cowboys, ravens, green bay, and giants fans who were congratulating the steelers.. who would have thought that the panthers fans would be worse then them??

SteelfanDFW
02-03-2009, 07:19 PM
I am so with all y'all on your comments. We were invited to a SB party but did not attend due to the fact that it is just a whipping to try and watch your team in the midst of a bunch of people who don't care or worse yet...are jumping on the AZ bandwagon. Yet as soon as Fitz scored there goes our phones. We turned them off. Not funny at the time....not at all. But when we won...silence. I too would like us to have won it without any of the "controversy". I hated that in XL and I hate it now. We won both games fair and square and I can't stand hearing the haters say we didn't deserve it. Not to mention my heart can't take these close games anymore.

SteelCurtain7
02-03-2009, 07:23 PM
yes, we enjoy a nice, refreshing six pack, and they can just enjoy a nice cup of shut the h*** up! :chuckle:

Gal, that post is pure gold. You're sigged. :tt: