PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay, or should I go?

Dawson63
02-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Man, I am pumped about #6. So much so, that I am contemplating driving from KY tonight to make it up there in time for the parade tomorrow. Rationality says don't drive the 6 hours to Pa, don't battle the crowds, and watch it from home....but my heart says, you don't get many chances like this!

What would you do? Anyone traveling in from other places just to attend the celebration?

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
If I was within reasonable driving distance, I would go.

Polamalu43
02-02-2009, 01:26 PM
go for it man.. i wish i was around Pitt..

Benzbrother
02-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Tell ya what man...my advice is GO! I didn't go a few years ago (even though I was only an hour away) because I had a class...and I've been regretting it ever since! It killed me that I didn't know and who the hell knows when I would ever get the chance again? I'll tell ya right now classes or no classes I'll be there tomorrow! I say go for it man!

CargoJon
02-02-2009, 01:40 PM
I drove it after XL from Harrisburg to Pitt.....was about 3.5 hours.

Blew $500 on a room for 2 nights at the Hilton so I didn't have to get in our out during the mess....was the best $500 I ever spent except for game tickets to the AFCCG 2 weeks ago.

TailgateMel
02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Make sure you go EARLY EARLY.. .I went for the XL superbowl parade & couldnt see crap b/c I wasn't early... I wasn't LATE.. but unless you get there early you cant see anything.

Benzbrother
02-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Make sure you go EARLY EARLY.. .I went for the XL superbowl parade & couldnt see crap b/c I wasn't early... I wasn't LATE.. but unless you get there early you cant see anything.

What time would you suggest goin? This will be my first one so I want to make sure I get there in time to actually see something. Thanks!

TailgateMel
02-02-2009, 01:59 PM
I cant really say, because I don't know what time folks started getting there, we got there about 1/2 hour early...

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 02:02 PM
I cant really say, because I don't know what time folks started getting there, we got there about 1/2 hour early...

Sounds like it might be a "come at midnight, stake your spot on the sidewalk and camp until parade time" kind of deal....

Blitzburgh_Fever
02-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Man, I am pumped about #6. So much so, that I am contemplating driving from KY tonight to make it up there in time for the parade tomorrow. Rationality says don't drive the 6 hours to Pa, don't battle the crowds, and watch it from home....but my heart says, you don't get many chances like this!

What would you do? Anyone traveling in from other places just to attend the celebration?

Man I'm near Louisville and would totally go if I didn't have classes (we had no classes last week due to weather, so if I miss these I'm pretty much screwed).

CargoJon
02-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Sounds like it might be a "come at midnight, stake your spot on the sidewalk and camp until parade time" kind of deal....

Nope, we walked over to where they had the ceremony trailer thingy parked, from the Hilton, like 1/2 hour before it started, and we were like 20 feet from the trailer. I have a bunch of pics, but not on this computer.

The problem is, if you're not staying somewhere downtown like that, is that you can't GET to where you need to be in time unless you get there uber-early.

Dawson63
02-02-2009, 02:12 PM
I was thinking about leaving KY at 4 in the morning, which would get me to Pittsburgh around 10am? Then find a park and stake a spot...may need to leave at 3 and get there at 9? Man, decisions, decisions

SuperSteelers
02-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I was thinking about leaving KY at 4 in the morning, which would get me to Pittsburgh around 10am? Then find a park and stake a spot...may need to leave at 3 and get there at 9? Man, decisions, decisions

Go for it. You won't regret it.

I took the family after XL. Drove 350 miles (one way) for the parade. Now I am 1200 miles away.. so no dice this time.

We stayed in the South Hills (in-laws). Took the train in (the T) and didn't have to worry about parking, traffic, etc.