PDA

View Full Version : You're Fired!

Brady12
01-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Mike Tice and Dom Capers have both been fired from their respective clubs.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/9134554 -- Capers

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIN/9134354 -- Tice

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 09:30 PM
That was expected. Both Guys Sucked this Year.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Some guys are just cut out to be coordinators and some are cut out to be head coaches.. this is capers second shot and most likely his last shot to be a head coach... he like Lebeau was coaching teams that were just not talented, riddled with injuries and it takes nothing away from either one of them as talented coaches. You dont get dumber as time goes on as a coach, but if you dont have the team around you to play out your plans your not gonna succeed.

Capers would do well to take the zone blitz 34 defense to another team as a defensive coord. just like Lebeau did for us.

Prosdo
01-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Can't say either are a big surprise.

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 10:06 PM
These Guys are made to be cordinators. Not head Coaches.

Koopa
01-01-2006, 10:31 PM
first off mike tice didn't suck, he had his team competeing for a playoff spot till last week and that's because of all the off the field problems, i have a lot of respect for him because he didn't let this team give up. and it wasn't his fault they traded their only star player on that team. so obviously i don't agree with him being fired, i think they should've gave him one more year cause it's not like he lost total control of this team

capers needed to be fired that team was going nowhere with him so a change is gonna be good, now they have the first pick in the draft, bush could possibly make an impact for them but won't get them over the hump, they should probably trade and draft defense in the first round, and then second and third work on the o-line, i'm not ready to give up on carr, he's still decent even without a line.

also i saw on the bottomline that mike martz was fired too, which i'm glad about that, no reason they shouldn't have a running game with that boi stephen jackson.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 10:38 PM
They outta spend every day 1 pick on the OL !! That has been their downfall offensively.

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 10:51 PM
first off mike tice didn't suck, he had his team competeing for a playoff spot till last week and that's because of all the off the field problems, i have a lot of respect for him because he didn't let this team give up. and it wasn't his fault they traded their only star player on that team. so obviously i don't agree with him being fired, i think they should've gave him one more year cause it's not like he lost total control of this team

capers needed to be fired that team was going nowhere with him so a change is gonna be good, now they have the first pick in the draft, bush could possibly make an impact for them but won't get them over the hump, they should probably trade and draft defense in the first round, and then second and third work on the o-line, i'm not ready to give up on carr, he's still decent even without a line.

also i saw on the bottomline that mike martz was fired too, which i'm glad about that, no reason they shouldn't have a running game with that boi stephen jackson.

What I meant by for Mike Tice is that he got himself into too big of a hole that he and his team just got Killed. before they were good however had that great roadblock put up by the Steelers.

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Not surprised, but damn they could have let them back in the lockerroom after the game! LOL

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 11:41 PM
At least, He could have given them one final talk before Zigy gave him the boot.

augustashark
01-01-2006, 11:50 PM

Good post Koopa,

I agree with the Tice part, look at what he had:

two washed up wr's, two reject rb's and a 40 yr old qb.

With that he still went on a 6 or 7 game winning streak...Was in the hunt till last week.
Thats good coaching! Plus tell the guy he not coming back maybe a day or two after the season not one hour!!!

I see some long years in store in Minn!

tony hipchest
01-02-2006, 11:13 AM
add mike sherman to the list. hes just been fired and farve has hinted he wouldnt be as receptive in coming back if this happened.

BB2W
01-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Add Mike Martz to the list... just heard it on ESPN.

tony hipchest
01-02-2006, 12:06 PM
and dom capers. another one bites the dust. anyone think the vikings shouldve just fired mike tice via the jumbotron in the 4th quarter during yesterdays game? lol

BB2W
01-02-2006, 12:15 PM
and dom capers. another one bites the dust. anyone think the vikings shouldve just fired mike tice via the jumbotron in the 4th quarter during yesterdays game? lol
:grin: Yeah, that was a strang way to go out like that. It's too bad... for some reason I have always liked Mike Tice. He was taking a lot of heat, but always kept his cool. I wonder if he will get another shot somewhere else...

SteelerDan43
01-02-2006, 12:17 PM
I guess we all just need to hope Grimm doesnt get sucked up into one of these horrid jobs

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Haslett is gone now too...Saints fired him.

3 to be 4
01-02-2006, 01:31 PM
never have to worry about something like that happening in Pittsburgh, where the goal is to be pretty good every year. (sorry, that belonged in the smack thread)

SteelerDan43
01-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Haslett is gone now too...Saints fired him.

Im sure Haslett was probably happy to get the hell out of there

tony hipchest
01-02-2006, 02:58 PM
never have to worry about something like that happening in Pittsburgh, where the goal is to be pretty good every year. (sorry, that belonged in the smack thread) or better yet the trash bin

Prosdo
01-02-2006, 06:13 PM
NFL Total Access says Norv Turner will probably be fired Tuesday.

Koopa
01-02-2006, 06:33 PM
good norv turner sucked ass, it's gonna be an intresting offseason, the only coach i think got a raw deal was tice so i hope he can land on his feet fast with one of these teams that are firing their coaches.

Brady12
01-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Norv Turner has just been fired. Announced on NFL Network.

Prosdo
01-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Whew, so many coaches out of jobs. I'm wondering if were going to start losing parts of our coaching staff now.

augustashark
01-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Russ may be already out the door....

SteelerDan43
01-03-2006, 04:01 PM
It would be a shame to lose Russ

augustashark
01-03-2006, 04:04 PM
You aint akiding....He is a good line coach, very good....

Would be hard to fill that hole.

Prosdo
01-03-2006, 04:06 PM
I heard Detroit might want him. Hopefully he opts to stay here.

augustashark
01-03-2006, 04:15 PM
I heard Detroit might want him. Hopefully he opts to stay here.

I agree but I think he should go!!

Wow that hurt to say that!!

Brady12
01-03-2006, 05:01 PM
You've got to look at the bigger option.. If hes offered a Head Coach spot, and wants to be Coach, he should take it... If he likes where he is, stay.

BB2W
01-04-2006, 01:59 PM
The Buffalo Bills fired president and general manager Tom Donahoe on Wednesday.

Owner Ralph Wilson said he would take over the presidency of the club but declined to say who would replace Donahoe as general manager.

He also declined to say what role, if any, former coach Marv Levy would play. ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported the 80-year-old Levy would return tto oversee the football operation.

"I don't see any progession in five years," Wilson said of his decision to replace Donahoe.

Wilson, who met with coach Mike Mularkey on Tuesday, said he would continue to talk with Mularkey, but did not clarify the coach's status with the Bills.

link-----> http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2279669

SteelerDan43
01-05-2006, 06:44 PM
ESPN Insider and the New York Daily News are naming Russ Grimm as a possible replacement if Edwards leaves for KC......

Edwards talks stall
<Jan. 5> ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that talks between the Chiefs and Jets over Herman Edwards leaving New York to become Kansas City's coach have stalled. Chiefs president Carl Peterson is reportedly reluctant to give up multiple middle-round draft picks because he feels the Jets are ready to cut Edwards loose.
However, if Edwards is fired, the Chiefs would have competition among other teams that are looking for a head coach.

Sources told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli that Jets officials have already begun drawing up a list of potential replacements. Among the candidates are ex-Saints coach Jim Haslett, New York newspapers reported Thursday. Also being considered, according to the New York Daily News: Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Fassel, Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis, ex-Packers coach Mike Sherman and Steelers offensive line coach Russ Grimm.

Also Detroit and Matt Millen are said to be interested in Grimm

Lions considering options
<Jan. 5> President Matt Millen met with Dick Jauron and interviewed him for the permanent position Wednesday, the Detroit Free Press reports. The defensive coordinator finished 1-4 after taking over for fired coach Steve Mariucci. Millen called him an "excellent candidate" and said he was "really interested in him" Tuesday.
The Lions have also confirmed interviews with at least three candidates -- assistant coaches Gary Kubiak of Denver and Mike Singletary of San Francisco and Jim Haslett, recently fired after six seasons as coach of the Saints, the Detroit News reports.

Among NFL assistants, Millen is interested in Russ Grimm, assistant head coach of the Steelers, and Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis.

clevestinks
01-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Former Steelers brass, and coordinators are`nt fairing so well this off season

SteelerDan43
01-06-2006, 04:47 PM
joe (cubicle hell)
jeremy - any inside word on coached in Detroit?

JEREMY GREEN
Strong on Russ Grimm. He has a better than 65% chance of being the next Herad Coach in Detroit.

From a sportsnation chat...

That would be quite sad to see him go to a hopeless situation

Ruck Fules
01-31-2006, 03:36 PM

The only star player on the team? Are you braindead? What about Daunte Culpepper? :rolleyes: