PDA

View Full Version : Willie Colon: True Superbowl MVP

JEFF4i
02-02-2009, 01:52 PM
That big ole dude musta been so nervous he peed his pants.

All year he's been given grief for those horrid false starts. He could've let every defender by him yesterday, I can't tell you how proud I am that he didn't get a false start.

Okay, maybe not MVP, but you gotta send some love to Willie.

JEFF4i
02-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Wait, wait, wait.

I retract my previous statement. I say it goes to Mitch Berger. He actually, kind of, out-punted someone for the first time in his life!

KeiselPower99
02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Both of em did good and didnt disappoint.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Such is the life of an O lineman. Colon gave up an average of 1 sack every 3 games and everybody bitches that he is the worst lineman the Steelers have.

Yet he plays solid in his 1st super bowl and gets no credit. I bet Ben takes Willie and the boys out for a steak and suds. Ben is a classy guy like that :thumbsup:

Steelcitygal87
02-02-2009, 02:38 PM
That big ole dude musta been so nervous he peed his pants.

All year he's been given grief for those horrid false starts. He could've let every defender by him yesterday, I can't tell you how proud I am that he didn't get a false start.

Okay, maybe not MVP, but you gotta send some love to Willie.

Some lovin for Willie :love::love::kiss:.

I was indeed shocked, to say the least, that NONE of the offensive penalties we had could be attributed to my man, Willie "stinky feet" Colon...thata boy!!

devilsdancefloor
02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/3/2/2/f_jokerclappim_648db16.gif
wille gets a joker clap!

I was shocked at our tackel play and disappointed at our interior line play!

MasterOfPuppets
02-02-2009, 05:26 PM
http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/3/2/2/f_jokerclappim_648db16.gif
wille gets a joker clap!

I was shocked at our tackel play and disappointed at our interior line play!
no doubt....kemoatu , hartings, and stapleton, more than made up for not only colons crappy blocking , but his penalties as well. matt spaeth also deserves honorable mention for wiffing blocks.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Ben stuck ear plugs in colons ears, he was only allowed to move after he seen EVERY one else go by him...

I still can't remember when I last heard a center getting banged not once but twice for holding calls. Ben was scrambling for a reaons, it was just one side, it was all of them.
The sad part is, if we didn't have a giant swiss cheese OLine, would ben have made those plays sitting in the pocket?

When one door closes, 2 others open I guess.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 05:37 PM
no doubt....kemoatu , hartings, and stapleton, more than made up for not only colons crappy blocking , but his penalties as well. matt spaeth also deserves honorable mention for wiffing blocks.

True. I really noticed Spaeth missing a few key blocks allowing penetration. Stapleton at times confused and not blocking anybody......then Kemo holding, not moving his feet and not finishing the block on Gabe Watson that could have let Ben score a TD on the QB draw.

Kemo can leave in free agency, Colon can move to guard and Stapleton can go back to the bench when Simmons returns. But, ............size them all up for SUPER BOWL RINGS before they move anywhere. :tt02:

MasterOfPuppets
02-02-2009, 05:47 PM
True. I really noticed Spaeth missing a few key blocks allowing penetration. Stapleton at times confused and not blocking anybody......then Kemo holding, not moving his feet and not finishing the block on Gabe Watson that could have let Ben score a TD on the QB draw.

Kemo can leave in free agency, Colon can move to guard and Stapleton can go back to the bench when Simmons returns. But, ............size them all up for SUPER BOWL RINGS before they move anywhere. :tt02:i seem to recall the terms, "road grader", and "mauler", in kemoatu and colons scouting reports...... these are terms that are FAR from my mind when i watch games..... these guys don't drive ANYBODY off the ball. i think i did see hartings get a nice push on russells TD run for once.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 05:59 PM
i seem to recall the terms, "road grader", and "mauler", in kemoatu and colons scouting reports...... these are terms that are FAR from my mind when i watch games..... these guys don't drive ANYBODY off the ball. i think i did see hartings get a nice push on russells TD run for once.

That I disagree with. Kemo is a road grader, but is so inconsistent that its painful to watch. His blocking pays off like a Vegas slot machine.

Colon on the other hand is a vicious run blocker who consistently stays with his block and moves his feet. Colon just jumps early or holds in pass protection, because he knows that the opposing rusher can get around him and his short arms. Watch the Dallas game again where he owned Greg Ellis and Marcus Spears. Then again San Diego he handled Castillo and anybody else they lined up on him.

Like it or not. Colon will get an extension and be here for another 4 years at least. If I am wrong, I will own it.......but I'm 90% sure the coaching staff likes Colon big time.

MasterOfPuppets
02-02-2009, 06:20 PM
That I disagree with. Kemo is a road grader, but is so inconsistent that its painful to watch. His blocking pays off like a Vegas slot machine.

Colon on the other hand is a vicious run blocker who consistently stays with his block and moves his feet. Colon just jumps early or holds in pass protection, because he knows that the opposing rusher can get around him and his short arms. Watch the Dallas game again where he owned Greg Ellis and Marcus Spears. Then again San Diego he handled Castillo and anybody else they lined up on him.

Like it or not. Colon will get an extension and be here for another 4 years at least. If I am wrong, I will own it.......but I'm 90% sure the coaching staff likes Colon big time.then why can't we get 1 stickin yard on 3 attempts if they're such good run blockers ??? they've failed to gain 1 yard more times then they have. goal line situations are where the 'road graders", and "maulers" should shine.....:noidea: