PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Timmons

NmL1232
02-02-2009, 02:59 PM
I believe that he will have a great season next year, he was so close to making big plays through the whole post season. The only thing left is to make them happen.
Any body else agree?

Sharkissle29
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
He's a LB with cornerback speed. He is gonna be a beast!

SamUK
02-02-2009, 03:12 PM
I cant wait to see him come out the blocks next season... That ring... he will be a whole different animal. That pressure is lifted and he can just get down to playing some Ball.

Get ready to see him half a step quicker next season and making them big plays!

JoeLion
02-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Foote has a $3m price tag for next year. I think he is let go and Timmons starts.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Physically, he's a freak of nature. And he's going to be starting next year - plenty more opportunity to make things happen once he's starting.

Texasteel
02-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Timmons covers from sideline to sideline as well as anyone I have seen. He is not afraid to drive his body threw a tackle which will force fumbles next year. He is a definitely a keeper.

steelersfanman92
02-02-2009, 04:33 PM
His speed is something that few LB have and most dream of, he has all the tools to be a good one he just has to put everything together and show consistently what we have all seen him do and he will be a great player for a long time

RoethlisBURGHer
02-02-2009, 04:59 PM
I think he's gonna be great.

Harrison-Timmons-Farrior-Woodley

That's freaking scary for an offense.

Sure makes me glad I am rooting for the defense!

T.Richardson
02-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I love his speed! I didnt know a LB could run that fast!

SamUK
02-02-2009, 05:02 PM
They gonna soon be shifting more Timmons Jerseys, can count on that... gotta love that D!

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Don't any of you read forums :noidea:
This time last season everybody was calling Timmons a bust!!!

Good thing we drafted another guy in Mendenhall ............he's a bust too. :rofl:

jjpro11
02-02-2009, 06:16 PM
im telling you guys, he is the most athletic linebacker in the league already. not only is he incredibly fast, but he can hit.

OX1947
02-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Timmons and Woodley will be all pro's together for years, barring any major injuries. Foote has one more year left on his contract and has already said he wants to go back to Detroit. I love Foote and he will always be a Steeler no matter what, but Timmons is a freak of nature athlete, I can;t wait to see him starting in the middle and running around destroying and covering receivers. Tomlin and Colbert really set this next run to another level with those first two picks of the Tomlin era.

OX1947
02-02-2009, 06:27 PM

Good thing we drafted another guy in Mendenhall ............he's a bust too. :rofl:

Man, when i woke up today, I was still extremely excited about the Super Bowl and watched all the videos and read every thing I could. But as the afternoon started coming, I started thinking about Mendy and how much of a stud he will be. I'm tell you guys, Mendy will be a pro bowl running back. He will eliminate our 3rd and 4th and 1 problems AND goal line.

92Silverback
02-02-2009, 06:44 PM
When I see him play it reminds me of Troy and how his first year he made some mistakes and I wasn't real happy with him but I do agree that next year is his breakout year and that the Steelers will be sending Timmons, Woodley and Harrison to the Pro Bowl next year.

HometownGal
02-02-2009, 06:46 PM
I agree overwhelmingly with the majority here - Timmons is going to be a total BEAST! He's tough, he's fast and he hits like a freight train - definitely Steelers D material! :tt03:

Galax Steeler
02-03-2009, 04:11 AM

Alot of people had him as a bust but it takes time to make nfl material and he has come along ways but he will be starting next year and will be making an impact.

CaliStillersFan
02-03-2009, 04:21 AM
He will make an awesome replacement for Foote. I read an article on the Detroit Free Press a few days ago that Foote wanted to play for the Lions. Who the hell wants to leave a Super Bowl team for an 0-16 team? If this is true, Timmons steps into his spot easily. Could you imagine the sick things Lebeau could do with him in the middle? August can't get here fast enough.

FSUBoo
02-03-2009, 06:50 AM
I loved seeing him run with WRs this year. Can't wait to see him crack the starting lineup and show what he can do. Look what Woodley did his first year as a starter, especially in the playoffs. 16 tackles, 6 sacks, Superbowl winning forced fumble. Add that to his 60 tackles, 11.5 sacks 2 ff and 1 int he had in the regular season. Compare that to what Timmons did in a situational role. 65 tackles, 5 sacks 1 FF and 1 Int. Timmons is gonna have a monster first year as a starter when he gets his time.

Kaeg
02-03-2009, 07:28 AM
I love our linebacker personnel just as it is for next year......with one small change...same names, but just switch Timmons to starter over Foote. Don't get me wrong. I like Foote a lot. But Timmons' time has come.

steeltheone
02-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Timmons should have been starting this year. Foote is average at best.

LVSteelersfan
02-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Foote has no Footespeed and is a liability out there at times. He will be nothing more than a footenote by the time the new season gets started. No way you can sit talent like Timmons and leave old and slow on the field forever.

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Foote is actually very good at run stopping and does a great job being in the positions he is supposed to be in per the scheme.

I like Timmons, but lets not start throwing our guys under the bus just yet.

The Duke
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Foote is actually very good at run stopping and does a great job being in the positions he is supposed to be in per the scheme.

I like Timmons, but lets not start throwing our guys under the bus just yet.

Exactly

Don't know where this disrespect for foote is coming. He may be missing Timmons' speed, but his experience is very valuable

I'm actually a little concerned about timmons run stopping, but I know he do good once he gets going

Fire Haley
02-03-2009, 12:49 PM
More Madden GM's - probably want Anthony Smith to start too.

Timmons is still a nickle and dime player - he's best in the open field where he can use his speed - not stuffing runners at the line and fighting off OT's.

We need Foote back.

steelreserve
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Timmons already had a good year. He gets on the field a lot for a "backup" because he can play EVERY position at LB and play it well. As far as I know, he's the only one of our guys who can do that.

Next year I hope we see him out there more often; since he can spell all four of our other guys, he ought to be on the field just as much as the starters. I don't want to see Foote released early, though. One injury to any of our other guys and we'll be wishing we had him back.

Hines0wnz
02-03-2009, 12:55 PM
I think he's gonna be great.

Harrison-Timmons-Farrior-Woodley

That's freaking scary for an offense.

Sure makes me glad I am rooting for the defense!

I've been saying/thinking this all year. :thumbsup:

JHSilverback
02-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Timmons is just a pure athlete and a big weapon on defense...I like Foote and wouldn't mind if he would stay but, I'm not going to complain if Lawerence Timmons is going to step in

Fire Haley
02-03-2009, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't mind if we got RayRay, Bart Scott or Suggs to take Foote's place.

Wouldn't that be a hoot.

Players should be paying the Mighty Steelers for the opportunity to come play on a SB winner!

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-03-2009, 01:14 PM
just posted the story about Foote wanting to go to Detroit.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=555503#post555503

JHSilverback
02-03-2009, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't mind if we got RayRay, Bart Scott or Suggs to take Foote's place.

Wouldn't that be a hoot.

Players should be paying the Mighty Steelers for the opportunity to come play on a SB winner!

O please not Ray Ray but, Bart Scott maybe he isn't a wide mouth bass like Ray and Suggs are....but, why waste money on a player when we already have a suitable back up

The Duke
02-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Bart Scott will get a big contract somewhere this offseason. A contract bigger than foote's. And foote is was better than him

I do not want the overrated Lewis' sidekick in pittsburgh