PDA

View Full Version : adam vinatieri injured?

tony hipchest
01-01-2006, 11:07 PM
or was the game against miami so important the patriots had to bring in doug flutie to drop kick an extra point?

what the hell was that?

augustashark
01-01-2006, 11:12 PM
or was the game against miami so important the patriots had to bring in doug flutie to drop kick an extra point?

what the hell was that?

I kicked the side of my tv.....Thought it was broke!

clevestinks
01-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Coach BB said it was all planned ahead a time Flutie use to do it in Canada

tony hipchest
01-01-2006, 11:36 PM
belichick must be auditionning for a job in the canadian football league. what a slap in the face of nfl fans world wide. so much for the integrity of the game. maybe they can hire mr. ed to kick a fg in the playoffs. maybe he will send tom brady out in a leather helmet or something next week for an encore. that'd be cool.

(chill out patfans, im just having fun)

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 11:48 PM
That's gonna hurt for the Pats. If they need Vinatieri to kick a game winner they won't have em. Unless they use the Flutie Drop Kick.

TasmanianTroy271
01-02-2006, 12:43 AM
what was up with that play? is it basically a Field Goal that he punted through? is that allowed? I'm sure Gardocki could hit a few of those from midfield, lol.

Brady12
01-02-2006, 01:52 AM
Yes it is allowed, if the ball hits the ground, you are allowed to kick it, and if it goes through the uprights, you score 3 points... They funny thing is, Flutie nailed the drop perfect, if it took one wrong bounce, the play is broken up.

Sharkissle29
01-02-2006, 02:59 AM
pretty arrogant if you ask me. i guess they didnt know they still lost.

if ur gonna kick a FG, why do something cute to kick it so you can get your media time in? get vinateri out there and get the god damn xtra point.

Livinginthe past
01-02-2006, 04:28 AM
They do that type of kick all the time in rugby - and they play rugby a fair bit up in Canada.

Im pretty sure the thinking behind it was a bit of fun for Flutie before he retires at the end of this season.

Cassel is the future back-up for Brady - and he looked pretty impressive with 2nd and 3rd string offense yesterday against Miami's 1st string D - his stats were 11/20 168yds 2TD's 0Int.

NM

3 to be 4
01-02-2006, 04:53 AM
man, lighten up Steeler fans. I guess that comes from not winning for 26 years.

"does anyone remember laughter?"

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Watch those kinda comments....

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 09:41 AM
They do that type of kick all the time in rugby - and they play rugby a fair bit up in Canada.

Im pretty sure the thinking behind it was a bit of fun for Flutie before he retires at the end of this season.

Cassel is the future back-up for Brady - and he looked pretty impressive with 2nd and 3rd string offense yesterday against Miami's 1st string D - his stats were 11/20 168yds 2TD's 0Int.

NM
I thought Belicheks post game news conference was kinda funny.
When asked if he was confident before the drop kick!
BB. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Yeah! Funny!

Livinginthe past
01-02-2006, 10:13 AM
I thought Belicheks post game news conference was kinda funny.
When asked if he was confident before the drop kick!
BB. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Yeah! Funny!

He is the king of the deadpan delivery is BB.

He normally likes to have a bit of fun with the media when he can.

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2006, 10:54 AM
ESPN is in a frenzy of this move... half them are saying its a disgrace to try such a worthless play and others are fine w/ it.

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 11:02 AM
I liked it! I thought it did take balls. If the game was a must win, then i`m sure it wouldn`t have been attempted. I didn`t even know they were still allowed to drop kick a PAT. And I like Flutie, the man.

tony hipchest
01-02-2006, 11:05 AM

sure. hows those tryouts with the football kicking horse going? you patfans sure get all defensive and bent if someone says something about your team without a slurp or a gurgle. like it or not there are people who actually think that that little stunt yesterday was bush league and made a mockery of the game and the opponents.

Livinginthe past
01-02-2006, 12:33 PM
It will all be forgotten soon enough - the playoff media frenzy will begin about Wednesday onwards I would imagine.

The Steeler/ Bengal match up seems to have caught the imagination of the majority of neutral fans - myself included.

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2006, 01:14 PM
It will be on the ESPY's ...watch and see !

I.C. Lights
01-04-2006, 04:00 PM
man, lighten up Steeler fans. I guess that comes from not winning for 26 years.

I was sure laughing when I saw the washed-up Flutie pull that off!

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 05:07 PM
I thought it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. When I was young, and learning about the history of the game, I tried many, many drop kicks and that is tough skill to learn, I'll tell ya!

(But it certainly carries weight that Belichick tossed the game to avoid playing the Steelers...the last drop kick converted was in 1941!)

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 05:56 PM
it was pretty impressive how easilly pulled it off and ive always liked flutie, but ive seen a guy put his head in a lions mouth and a bear ride around on a bicycle which was pretty cool too.

Livinginthe past
01-04-2006, 06:02 PM
it was pretty impressive how easilly pulled it off and ive always liked flutie, but ive seen a guy put his head in a lions mouth and a bear ride around on a bicycle which was pretty cool too.

Apparently Belichick actually thought about bringing that bear in off the practice squad and putting him in at TE in goalline situations.

The real crazy thing is - this bear doesnt even play TE - he is normally the back-up centre.

NM

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Apparently Belichick actually thought about bringing that bear in off the practice squad and putting him in at TE in goalline situations.

The real crazy thing is - this bear doesnt even play TE - he is normally the back-up centre.

NM:rofl: :rofl: thats freaking funny!

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 08:28 PM
can the bear play corner???

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 09:01 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Livinginthe past
01-05-2006, 06:46 AM

He has been given a little time there under the tutelage of Troy Brown.

His closing speed is good but apparently he has a real problem with illegal contact penalties.

I read in an interview with the Bear, that he is just waiting for a chance to run one back for a TD - apparently his time in the russian circus has given him some great celebration dances.

NM

FisherMOM
01-05-2006, 07:37 AM
David and I were watching highlights and saw that kick and were like...
"What the heck was THAT?!"

I thought it was pretty neat looking and took balls for sure.
I would never depend on something like that.. but as stated earlier..
it got them some media airtime anyways! Nice going Flutie.