PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin cashing in..... $$$$$$ (how much?)

tony hipchest
02-02-2009, 03:29 PM
sean payton has already received an extension. new coaches such as spagnolo and schwartz are being given contracts slightly bigger than tomlins.

mike will only make $2.5 mil over the next 2 years. i thought mid-season that he should be extended like payton was, and im positive that the rooneys will do it before he enters his final season. but in the meantime his price keeps going up.

i bet theres about 5- 6 teams who would make him the highest paid coach in 2 years.

look at all the teams who would gladly pay cowher $8 mil to return and ask yourself which of them wouldnt take tomlin. teams like detroit and dallas (to name a few) would jump on it.

trying to extend tomlin now (additional 4 years) for about the same money cowher was making when he left (5-6 mil) is probably the proper thing to do. i would think tomlin would give a $5 mil discount for having his salary doubled 2 years early.

tomlin is this good. but then again, so are the rooneys.who assembled this great group of talent and coaches he has to work with.

in the meantime give dick lebeau a raise or a big ol fat bonus.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 03:32 PM
I agree - Tomlin has earned a fat raise. Best of all, no hit to the salary cap. Question is, how pinched are the Rooneys due to the recent ownership restructuring? :noidea:

Giovanni
02-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I see an 3 year extension between 4 and 5 million. What an incredible job he has done. He is not just a good coach, but he is a fine person and an example to his players. An absolutely perfect fit for this team.

devilsdancefloor
02-02-2009, 03:44 PM
He deserves a raise lets hope he gets it soon!

SteelCurtain7
02-02-2009, 03:53 PM
We know that Coach Tomlin isn't all about the Benjamins...but he deserves them anyway. :tt:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 03:58 PM
I think Tomlin is grateful to the Rooneys for trusting in him. Like he said yesterday....his family is secure financially and that isnt the case with a lot of people in these economic times.

I dont think he is gonna be sticking his hand out for more $$$$ anytime soon,but will be compensated for his achievements in the next couple years.

tony hipchest
02-02-2009, 04:01 PM
I agree - Tomlin has earned a fat raise. Best of all, no hit to the salary cap. Question is, how pinched are the Rooneys due to the recent ownership restructuring? :noidea:...exactly why i wouldnt mind if stanley drukenmiller bought the team.

i knew tomlin was worth $$$$, and i certainly dont want them to play hardball with him.

with that being said, they know what he is worth and are always fair. mike ensures the rooneys keep making money, but they certainly wouldnt be in the poorhouse w/o him.

scsteeler
02-02-2009, 04:37 PM
We know that Coach Tomlin isn't all about the Benjamins...but he deserves them anyway. :tt:

Yes Tomlin is not about the money and The Rooney's will reward him soon. They don't let good coaches go and I don't think Tomlin wants to go anywhere else.

T&B fan
02-02-2009, 05:11 PM
from the few time I have herd Tomlin talk about the team and city I think he loves the place and has never seen a fan base like us . he sould get a more $$$$ like 5 m yr on a new 5 yr del with some incentives for playoff and SB wins in then 5 yrs

AllD
02-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Hometown discount knowing the situation. Tomlin is not the type to squeeze the Rooney's. And Rooney took care of Ben even when there were still questions about him. Classiest owners in sports. All will work out fine, Nostradamus predicted it.