PDA

View Full Version : If I could change ONE THING about Ben's game---

Preacher
02-02-2009, 05:31 PM
It would be his deep ball. He seems to underthrow the ball on the deep route at times.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Hey, taking the entire package, I want Ben over ANYONE right now. I am just seeing something that I think if he worked on a bit, he could be even that much MORE better, actually, downright SCARY good.

steelersfanman92
02-02-2009, 05:35 PM
I agree with that last night on the pass to Washington if he could have thrown it a few yards longer it was an easier TD, but i think he just needs to get his timing down and throw it a little sooner

slippy
02-02-2009, 05:43 PM
i've been saying this for years!

his very first deep ball against BAL was short (and picked i think) and his second in the post hurricane miami game in 04 was short. what's up?

BlastFurnace
02-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Deep Ball.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 05:50 PM
I would change that he wins a super bowl every 2 years instead of every 4 years. :wink:

Oh well, maybe he can go back to back and make up for it.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-02-2009, 05:58 PM
He has got the arm strength, he just has to get his timing down

aburdell
02-02-2009, 05:58 PM
I would tell him to stop having close games haha. I was at the superbowl and I am 22 years old and in good health and I think I had about 4 heart attacks and 5 nervous breakdowns in the 4th quarter alone!!! Haha what a time to be a Steeler fan. Big Ben is not your conventional QB, and lots of analyst hate him because of it, but I love the excitment he puts into his game.

SteelCurtain7
02-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Did you have Ditka's EMTs standing by to revive you? :rofl: I heard they do wonders. :p:

Sharkissle29
02-02-2009, 06:48 PM
I would tell him to stop having close games haha. I was at the superbowl and I am 22 years old and in good health and I think I had about 4 heart attacks and 5 nervous breakdowns in the 4th quarter alone!!! Haha what a time to be a Steeler fan. Big Ben is not your conventional QB, and lots of analyst hate him because of it, but I love the excitment he puts into his game.

Same here, but boy did that crowd go wild with that TD to Holmes!

JPSEMP
02-02-2009, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=Preacher;554411]It would be his deep ball. He seems to underthrow the ball on the deep route at times.

I don't know if Sweed would agree with you on that. I've been critical of Ben ( its in my nature to be critical of offensive players) but when he has protection he gets it out there fine sometimes a little to far. I think what we see is him not getting his feet set.

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I was at the superbowl....

Lucky dog. :thumbsup:

Preacher
02-02-2009, 07:13 PM
. I think what we see is him not getting his feet set.

That could be the issue.

You know, on the other hand, it seems that many times he makes completions BECAUSE he underthrows and allows the WR to come back to the ball, out of coverage. Think of Holmes' catch in the AFCCG.

maybe it is the combination that has him sometimes taking too much off?

Regardless of what it is . . The kid is unbelievable.

OX1947
02-02-2009, 07:14 PM
His under throws may be from the shoulder injury he has had all year. Because he was making those deep throws last year.

X-Terminator
02-02-2009, 07:16 PM
His under throws may be from the shoulder injury he has had all year. Because he was making those deep throws last year.

He was also bothered by a rib injury coming into the game, so that may have factored in as well. It's tough to throw the deep ball when your ribs hurt.

Preacher
02-02-2009, 10:54 PM

He was also bothered by a rib injury coming into the game, so that may have factored in as well. It's tough to throw the deep ball when your ribs hurt.

Thing is, that is the one consistent shortfall I have noticed of his game over the last 5 years.

Not sure why.

I don't know if he still hasn't adjusted to the fact that receivers really ARE that fast in this league (he tends to hit backshoulder at times, when he doesn't need to).

Regardless, I was just wondering. . . can't wait to see them next year. . . HEALTHY

SC Steeler Steve
02-02-2009, 10:57 PM
I agree with that last night on the pass to Washington if he could have thrown it a few yards longer it was an easier TD, but i think he just needs to get his timing down and throw it a little sooner

Yeah, To me its not short as much as bad timing. He needs to release a little sooner. But I am sure he woke up this morning hoping I would be available to give him QB improving tips... LOL

devo_17
02-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Yes, Everyone should have noticed when he underthrew Washington in the first half. Washington stopped running so he could play the ball. I got sick of hearing Madden hype up Cromartie just b/c he got burnt and the ball was underthrown by 7 yards. Really!

X-Terminator
02-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Thing is, that is the one consistent shortfall I have noticed of his game over the last 5 years.

Not sure why.

I don't know if he still hasn't adjusted to the fact that receivers really ARE that fast in this league (he tends to hit backshoulder at times, when he doesn't need to).

Regardless, I was just wondering. . . can't wait to see them next year. . . HEALTHY

No, I agree that his deep ball needs work. He tends to underthrow a lot of them rather than putting a little extra zip on the ball and leading the receiver. I was just pointing out his injuries which obviously would have an effect on his ability to throw any kind of deep pass.

iloveben7
02-02-2009, 11:01 PM
nothing. I love Ben just the way he is.

devilsdancefloor
02-02-2009, 11:16 PM
on alot of the plays he he runing around i have notice he doesnt set his feet hell if he did he would get planted in the turf!

the thing i would change is everytime he gets the call for a delayed draw or QB draw he changes the play :chuckle: (in other words i cant think of anything at the moment)

JackHammer
02-02-2009, 11:21 PM
It would be his deep ball. He seems to underthrow the ball on the deep route at times.

Hey, taking the entire package, I want Ben over ANYONE right now. I am just seeing something that I think if he worked on a bit, he could be even that much MORE better, actually, downright SCARY good.

I agree and I think it's more than just "at times". I think he consistently under throws the deep ball. Of course a lot of those times he isn't able to get his feet set because the o-line doesn't give him enough time to. I still think it's something he needs to work on for sure, but hey, the guy's 26. He's just gonna keep improving.