PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLIII - Entertainment

kittenfantastico76
02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
I don't think this has been discussed yet - How did you feel about Jennifer's performance of our National Anthem. I always... ALWAYS get emotional when I hear this song... I guess I'm just that proud to be an American. Last night I did get misty eyed and got chills, I think she did a fabulous job.

I was impressed with Faith Hill's performance, but honestly Jennifer blew me away! :applaudit: It was a great way to start an amazing game I must say!!!

What about Half Time - Bruce - how many changed their minds about having THE BOSS Play.. again... I enjoyed it SO much!

I didn't however enjoy pre-game with "Journey"... sorry .. they sounded great but unless Steve Perry is on vocals... I can't do it...

Thanks Tampa for hosting a great night of entertainment!!! (I'm sure most fans that went, truly enjoyed themselves!)

sixstringlass
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I had a long night Saturday to Sunday morning catching up on work and stuff, and didn't get to bed until almost 7AM Sunday. I woke up to the sound of a karaoke-like impersonation of Steve Perry. Whoever that guy is, he is not even close to Steve, who, in my opinion, is probably the best male vocalist of the past 25 years. There is a quality to his voice that can't be copied, no matter what the rest of those guys in Journey think when they hire Perry-impersonator after Perry-impersonator.

revefsreleets
02-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Faith Hill and Jennifer Hudson were lip-synching...

PisnNapalm
02-03-2009, 09:21 AM

What ^^^ said....

As for Bruce.... It was alright. Better than many past halftime shows.

kittenfantastico76
02-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I had a long night Saturday to Sunday morning catching up on work and stuff, and didn't get to bed until almost 7AM Sunday. I woke up to the sound of a karaoke-like impersonation of Steve Perry. Whoever that guy is, he is not even close to Steve, who, in my opinion, is probably the best male vocalist of the past 25 years. There is a quality to his voice that can't be copied, no matter what the rest of those guys in Journey think when they hire Perry-impersonator after Perry-impersonator.

AGREED!!! I'm going to have to say that it isn't often that a band can continue to rock without the original lead singer successfully*coughACDCcough*... this DEFINITELY is one of the times it doesn't work... Steve's voice is WAY to original/distinct - sort of like trying to continue Van Halen w/ Sammy Hagar... no thank you... I still can't sit and listen to Queen and their new "front man".... I could go on and on... but bottom line is.. I was not impressed.

I figured that Jennifer and Faith were both lip syncing... which blows but at the same time... If I had to sing the national anthem in front of all those people... I may need that for back up... for fear of the smallest fumble in words... if Whitney does it, I can't give them too much crap for it... it's not like the people paid to see them perform, they were there for the football game... had that been a concert... that would have been a HUGE no-no and I would have been livid. (i.e. I would never pay to see Britney Spears do a 3 hour MTV video on stage)

Godfather
02-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Jennifer sounded awesome.

Supposedly that genius talent judge Simon Cowell didn't think she was any good. But I'm not 100% sure because the only time I ever watched Idol was to get the number to vote for Sanjaya.

kittenfantastico76
02-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Jennifer sounded awesome.

Supposedly that genius talent judge Simon Cowell didn't think she was any good. But I'm not 100% sure because the only time I ever watched Idol was to get the number to vote for Sanjaya.

It seems more often than not (Kelly and Carrie excluded), the WINNER of American Idol doesn't seem to do much with their title... it's the runner up or the people that didn't make it to the top... that actually sell records, or go on to further their career!

I mean look at Jennifer... she wasn't the winner, yet she has what an Oscar (or is it some other acting award, I forget) for her work in Dream Girls as a supporting actress, she got a roll in the Sex and the City Movie, and not just some quick WALK ON roll... she's done albums, but as far as I'm concerned the girl has made it... I feel horrible that her family is going through hell right now, but I'm happy to see she's as poised as ever, I really like her.

I only watch Idol for the auditions (I got over it after the first few seasons)... I like to watch the kids that SWEAR they can sing... bomb royally and get angry at Simon etc... crying fits always sort of make me chuckle... yes... I'm evil.

sixstringlass
02-03-2009, 04:32 PM

I forget which administrative body requires it (the NFL or the network the game is broadcast on), but all performers at the Superbowl have to provide a recording of their performance a week before the game.

sixstringlass
02-03-2009, 04:34 PM
I figured that Jennifer and Faith were both lip syncing... which blows but at the same time... If I had to sing the national anthem in front of all those people... I may need that for back up... for fear of the smallest fumble in words... if Whitney does it, I can't give them too much crap for it... it's not like the people paid to see them perform, they were there for the football game... had that been a concert... that would have been a HUGE no-no and I would have been livid. (i.e. I would never pay to see Britney Spears do a 3 hour MTV video on stage)

Did you see the video of what was really going through Twitney's mic at her Las Vegas/HBO show?

Nauseating.

revefsreleets
02-03-2009, 06:59 PM
It's the networks. They basically state that there is just too much that can go wrong to leave a live performance to chance...

kittenfantastico76
02-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Did you see the video of what was really going through Twitney's mic at her Las Vegas/HBO show?

Nauseating.

No I didn't - that bad huh?

P.S. Twitney... I love that!

sixstringlass
02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
No I didn't - that bad huh?

P.S. Twitney... I love that!

Yeah, it was pretty awful:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/11ed201165/britney-spears-live-from-that-happened

Makes me feel better as a singer, though. ;)

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 05:47 PM
i liked it