PDA

View Full Version : let the whining begin

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
02-02-2009, 04:56 PM
they had a day to think about it and are whining.

CARDINALS MIFFED AT CALL ON WARNER’S FUMBLE
Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 2, 2009, 8:03 a.m.
NFL officials were adamant that Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner clearly fumbled in the closing seconds of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ dramatic victory in Super Bowl XLIII, a stance that Warner and coach Ken Whisenhunt disagreed with vehemently.

Warner thought his arm was coming forward when the football was punched out by Pittsburgh linebacker LaMarr Woodley with five seconds left in the game and wanted an instant replay review from the booth.

“I was really surprised on that one because I was definitely moving my arm forward to throw the ball,” Warner said. “I thought I’d almost gotten the ball off, so yeah, it does surprise you that in that kind of situation — five seconds to go to decide the Super Bowl — you would think it was something they’d do.

“But maybe somebody saw it clearly. I don’t know what they see, and what makes then decide that, but I was actually on the sidelines expecting a review.”

However, NFL vice president of officiating Mike Pereira affirmed the replay official’s decision.

“We confirmed it was a fumble,” Pereira said. “The replay assistant in the replay booth saw it was clearly a fumble. The ball got knocked loose and was rolling in his hand before it started forward. He has to have total control.”

Whisenhunt was looking for a review, too, one that never came.

“I was hoping it would be,” Whisenhunt said. “I knew it was inside two minutes and it was a booth review. Obviousl, I would have liked to seen it replayed because it looked to me that Kurt was throwing the ball.”

For the game, the Cardinals were penalized 11 times for 106 yards.

Of course, even if Warner’s fumble had been ruled an incompletion, the Cardinals were looking at a situation where Warner would have been heaving a Hail Mary pass.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

gosteeler
02-02-2009, 04:56 PM
the last play of the game was a fumble!!! the ball was knocked loose before the arm started going foward!!!! no ifs and's or butts about it

did no one else see POLY get held on the one reception across the middle, the guys blocking had him by the jersey or arm one holding him while the receiver was running away!!!

redst3
02-02-2009, 05:07 PM
I agree, the ball is coming out before he throws it....

Godfather
the last play of the game was a fumble!!! the ball was knocked loose before the arm started going foward!!!! no ifs and's or butts about it

did no one else see POLY get held on the one reception across the middle, the guys blocking had him by the jersey or arm one holding him while the receiver was running away!!!

I'd love a picture of that hold so I can bookmark it. I need as much ammo as possible for the morons who are saying the refs decided the game.

slippy
i think farrior got a penalty on that play for taking off his helmet. the "hail mary" would have been from the PIT 29!

the tuck rule must go! too much judgment involved, much like the force out.

theplatypus
02-02-2009, 05:09 PM
The whining started last night. LOL

fansince'76
02-02-2009, 05:12 PM
OK, they would have spent twenty minutes reviewing it, and the same conclusion would have been made that the initial call of a fumble would have stood on the field. And the same people would STILL be bitching about it. Next. :yawn:

Milkman
02-02-2009, 07:19 PM
All I got to say is the Steelers are :champs:

theplatypus
02-02-2009, 07:22 PM
All I got to say is the Steelers are :champs:

6 BABY 6

T&B fan
02-02-2009, 07:57 PM
they had a day to think about it and are whining.

CARDINALS MIFFED AT CALL ON WARNER’S FUMBLE
Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 2, 2009, 8:03 a.m.
NFL officials were adamant that Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner clearly fumbled in the closing seconds of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ dramatic victory in Super Bowl XLIII, a stance that Warner and coach Ken Whisenhunt disagreed with vehemently.

Warner thought his arm was coming forward when the football was punched out by Pittsburgh linebacker LaMarr Woodley with five seconds left in the game and wanted an instant replay review from the booth.

“I was really surprised on that one because I was definitely moving my arm forward to throw the ball,” Warner said. “I thought I’d almost gotten the ball off, so yeah, it does surprise you that in that kind of situation — five seconds to go to decide the Super Bowl — you would think it was something they’d do.

“But maybe somebody saw it clearly. I don’t know what they see, and what makes then decide that, but I was actually on the sidelines expecting a review.”

However, NFL vice president of officiating Mike Pereira affirmed the replay official’s decision.

“We confirmed it was a fumble,” Pereira said. “The replay assistant in the replay booth saw it was clearly a fumble. The ball got knocked loose and was rolling in his hand before it started forward. He has to have total control.”

Whisenhunt was looking for a review, too, one that never came.

“I was hoping it would be,” Whisenhunt said. “I knew it was inside two minutes and it was a booth review. Obviousl, I would have liked to seen it replayed because it looked to me that Kurt was throwing the ball.”

For the game, the Cardinals were penalized 11 times for 106 yards.

Of course, even if Warner’s fumble had been ruled an incompletion, the Cardinals were looking at a situation where Warner would have been heaving a Hail Mary pass.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

so the frist one was a fumble :confused:

HughC
02-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I think what most fans are questioning is not so much the call, but the apparent lack of review. Yes, I know espn reported that the play was reviewed, but it sure didn't seem that way during the game; if it really was reviewed it must have been the quickest review in NFL history. And let's be honest with ourselves; if the shoe was on the other foot and situation reversed, many of us here would be questioning the call (i.e., whining) as well.

VegasStlrFan
02-02-2009, 08:56 PM
I think both of Kurt's fumbles were fumbles, and I think Ben was in the 1st qtr.

I may sound like a homer, but I don't think Ben's knee hit the ground. It looks to me like the first thing to touch was his a$$. He was aided by Hartwig, which could have been called and I would've been fine with that.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
02-02-2009, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=VegasStlrFan;554747]I think both of Kurt's fumbles were fumbles, and I think Ben was in the 1st qtr.

I may sound like a homer, but I don't think Ben's knee hit the ground. /QUOTE]

I watched that play several times and I agree.

HughC
02-02-2009, 11:16 PM
I can understand the concern for the lack of review if they didn't review it. But they are talking about the entire game, they think it was an NFL conspiricy for pittsburgh to get a 6th title.. C'mon, get real. I also understand being frustrated for losing, but they need to take a 2-3 day timeout and come back when they can make sense of the game. "The refs cheated!" is really getting old.
I absolutely agree. Enough with the conspiracy theories already. The "NFL hates us", "the networks don't want us", "Goodell is a fan of the other team", and the age old "refs were paid off" lines that we hear from fans of all 32 teams (yes, 32 teams) every time a game or play goes against their team is really tired and old. If these people really believe the games are fixed, then why are they bothering to watch them?

Fire Haley
02-02-2009, 11:28 PM
BWAhahahaha!

Every other team is jealous and their fans are dripping with envy....

I wonder why

http://www.elporvenir.com.mx/upload/foto/18/3/3/holmes.jpg

Milkman
02-03-2009, 08:09 AM
I absolutely agree. Enough with the conspiracy theories already. The "NFL hates us", "the networks don't want us", "Goodell is a fan of the other team", and the age old "refs were paid off" lines that we hear from fans of all 32 teams (yes, 32 teams) every time a game or play goes against their team is really tired and old. If these people really believe the games are fixed, then why are they bothering to watch them?

That's what I always have to tell these whiny-ass bungles and clowns fans I live around.

What's the point in watching the NFL, because we know they don't want the bungles clowns to win. :rofl:

WHINERS:monkey:

revefsreleets
02-03-2009, 08:15 AM
This is AWESOME. The Cards actually want the NFL to CHANGE A RULE (the replay official confirmed the play was a fumble: End of story), have the refs purposefully make an errant call and give them a mulligan, and if they won't they are complaining?

I have seen it all now...the refs robbed the Cards by making the right call.

rbryan
02-03-2009, 08:43 AM
And Holmes used the ball as a prop in his TD celebration......WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BTW they could have called about 10 more holding calls on the guy trying to block Woodley all night, not to mention on that particular play.

Freakin crybabies......had the game won but couldn't muster a stop when it counted the most......thats why you lost.

At least its not as bad as three years ago. I watched a lot of the post game commentary and most of the talking heads/haters aren't going there this time around.

BleedBlacknGold0
02-03-2009, 09:08 AM
EVEN if it was a fumble and a bad call I always think that a professional sports team should not put themselves into the situation where a bad call can ruin a game.

FWIW I think they were both fumbles but I'm satisfied they at least got one call right. The tuck rule needs to go. A simple and defined rule needs to be made to determine a fumble or the QB just needs to merely fake a throw to cover up a miscue.