PDA

View Full Version : Lets not forget about Willie

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2006, 11:47 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_409577.html

A bit lost in the frenzy of the Bus, and for good reason considering Jerome's possible retirement is the fact that Willie rushed for 135 hard yards today. He ran strong between the tackles as well as using his speed on the outside, he was a big reason for the win today.

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Oh Yeah Don't Forget about willie. He had a great game. And I would like to see how he develops. If he is gonna be the Next Bus.

POST 1500!

augustashark
01-01-2006, 11:55 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_409577.html

A bit lost in the frenzy of the Bus, and for good reason considering Jerome's possible retirement is the fact that Willie rushed for 135 hard yards today. He ran strong between the tackles as well as using his speed on the outside, he was a big reason for the win today.

Great post.

I love the bus! Hell i've been an irish fan for over 25 yrs so that was easy.

Willie is forming into a very good rb. Reminds me alot of Curtis Warner (faster). Just hope he stays healthier!

tony hipchest
01-02-2006, 12:32 AM
so many people are looking for a quick fix and someone who is gonna replace bus. fact is jerome is one of the most unique backs to ever play in the nfl. he is one of a kind and his replacement simply isnt out there. willie is the next best thing and will have to do. he has proven he is the real deal. lets give him a chance

Prosdo
01-02-2006, 12:47 AM
I think Willie has progressed very nicely. He seems to have more patience and is seeing the field a bit better. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Sharkissle29
01-02-2006, 12:48 AM
yea willie is the man, had yet another great game

tony hipchest
01-02-2006, 12:56 AM
26 carries. slowly but surely it looks like he is proving he can shoulder the load

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Most of us still have some reserves about him being a full time back because we're used to Steelers smash mouth football w/ a big back like Bettis in there to carry the load and a speedster like Willie to compliment.. now its reversed and it takes getting used to just like it takes Willie time to develop.

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 07:21 AM
Im really starting to warm up to the idea of Willie being our featured back. I wasn`t sure for awhile but he is unning North and South now. Always going forward. Lets be thankful we had the Bus to help nurture him along, imagine if Duce were teaching him the game?

SteelerFanInATL
01-02-2006, 07:44 AM
so many people are looking for a quick fix and someone who is gonna replace bus. fact is jerome is one of the most unique backs to ever play in the nfl. he is one of a kind and his replacement simply isnt out there. willie is the next best thing and will have to do. he has proven he is the real deal. lets give him a chance

Fast Willie has done well against the teams he should have done well against. But in all the
big games this year he was ineffective. Who is to blame, I don't know. O-Line? Good Defences? The playoffs will be a good chance to see where we are with him as our future HB. I really need to see something against a good team. Time to Stand Up, Hook Up, GO!!

MichiSteeler
01-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Yeah Willie has really turned into a good back. He is running between the tackles better. He doesnt always have to bounce it outside. And when he does bounce it outside he doesnt do all that dancing from side to side that 98% of the time ends up in a loss of yards. He is finally using his speed, north and south. Thats good. Im no longer worried about Willie being in the drivers seat for the future.