PDA

View Full Version : As I watched...

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-02-2009, 08:38 PM
I had a feeling the entire game that the Steelers would win and that, once again, "the refs cost us the game". Just with so many calls, all deserved in my opinion, I knew it would happen. And there was no penalty on Holmes' celebration. It's the same as a spike for god's sake. Just throwing the ball up. You can do that on Madden. The Steelers had plenty of penalties as well. It all comes down to, when the game's on the line, and Ben Roethlisberger has the ball in his hands, you're gonna win most of the time. It just sucks to see our 5th and 6th titles get somewhat tarnished.

UF-Steeler
02-02-2009, 08:54 PM
I had a feeling the entire game that the Steelers would win and that, once again, "the refs cost us the game". Just with so many calls, all deserved in my opinion, I knew it would happen. And there was no penalty on Holmes' celebration. It's the same as a spike for god's sake. Just throwing the ball up. You can do that on Madden. The Steelers had plenty of penalties as well. It all comes down to, when the game's on the line, and Ben Roethlisberger has the ball in his hands, you're gonna win most of the time. It just sucks to see our 5th and 6th titles get somewhat tarnished.

I don't think the titles are really tarnished. The game has changed and so has the media. People love controversy and love to cry about anything now.

HometownGal
02-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Via card fans, and idiots who lost a bet.

And those fans of other teams, namely those in our division, Cheats* and Cryboys fans, who want what WE have . . .

SIX LOMBARDI TROPHIES! :tt03::tt02:

X-Terminator
02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I don't think the titles are really tarnished. The game has changed and so has the media. People love controversy and love to cry about anything now.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. We have become a nation of whiners. If things don't go their way, then dammit, they'll stomp their feet and cry like an infant. Alleged "adults" acting like kindergarteners after little Billy took their favorite toy. Nobody can just accept that their favorite team lost, it's always someone (ie, the refs) stealing it from them. And the media simply perpetuates and exploits this kind of behavior for ratings and readers when they should be criticizing and ignoring it. As I said before, the media is the biggest reason why fans react this way, they and clueless online bloggers.

Godfather
02-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Via card fans, and idiots who lost a bet.

Yep....people who bet for anything other than fun are morons.

You can lose your bet on flukes like a Desean Jackson bonehead fumble or the zebras screwing Troy out of a TD at the end of the Chargers game. That's why you shouldn't bet.

jjpro11
02-02-2009, 10:42 PM
the refs have become the scapegoat all season long for the losing team of close games ever since the hochuli call in week 2.

devilsdancefloor
02-02-2009, 11:02 PM
i do nto feel our last 2 wins are tarnished at all!

JEFF4i
02-02-2009, 11:31 PM
If there were internet forums for the first four, it would be no different.

Just the nature of it man.

Mags87
02-03-2009, 12:15 AM

you cant say a few calls a ref called in one game tarnished. we played 18 games before Super Bowl 43, and 19 games before Super Bowl 40. A Lombardi Trophy isnt given to the team that had the best game, they give it to the team that had the best season. and guess what team has had the best season 6 times now?!?!?! :tt03::tt03::tt03:

Stover4Prez
02-03-2009, 03:12 AM
The win is by no means tarnished. People just like to talk about the refs (me included) because I personally think there were a ton of bad calls this entire season and the league needs to fix it.

I didn't feel like the Ravens over the Titans was tarnished even though we clearly got an extra 2 seconds.

The Steelers dominated the last 2:30 to go down the field and BEAT the Cardinals. No question, Ben and the Steelers WON that game. Don't sweat the refs. They didn't give you the game or take it away from anyone else. The stripes didn't put together a 87 yard drive, the Steelers did.

Great win. Congrats.

Galax Steeler
02-03-2009, 05:21 AM
There is no way our 2 wins will be tarnished you are going to have contraversial calls in every superbowl no matter who is playing.