PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Pro Bowl

Benzbrother
02-02-2009, 10:19 PM
So the NFL stated that the 2010 Pro Bowl will be played one week BEFORE the Super Bowl. Hmm.....am I the only one that sees a problem with that? This could quite possibly be the dumbest idea ever. Does anybody have any idea on why they decided this???

SteelerFan091472
02-02-2009, 11:10 PM
I'll be honest . I don't even know why they play the Pro Bowl anyway. It's basically a glorified scrimmage.

Benzbrother
02-02-2009, 11:19 PM
I'll be honest . I don't even know why they play the Pro Bowl anyway. It's basically a glorified scrimmage.

This is definitely true. I honestly can't even watch the Pro Bowl anymore. Half of the originally voted players end up dropping out anyway. And now that they will play it before the Super Bowl how many guys do you actually think will play? Just an all around bad idea imo

KeiselPower99
02-02-2009, 11:53 PM
There is alot about the Pro Bowl that needs changed. Playing it out of Hawaii and the week before the Super Bowl is just dumb

Steeler in Carolina
02-03-2009, 07:44 AM
They are going to start playing it in the Super Bowl city I think. So, next year, the Pro Bowl will be in Miami on the Sunday before the Super Bowl. That way, it fills the gap between the Championship games and the Super Bowl.

sixstringlass
02-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Any Pro Bowlers that are in the Superbowl won't play.

People injured from the post season or regular season won't play.

Why don't they skip the game and just have some kind of ceremony, if they're determined to move the location and time?

T&B fan
02-03-2009, 12:29 PM
as stated the pro bowl has sucked for ever .IMO . the only reson players ever went to the game was the week in Hawaii ..the game has 0 inpact on anything to do with the yr .. mybe do like baseball have winning side get the home game ..??? something ... and next yr no one playing in the SB will be playing in a game one week before .

Benzbrother
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
as stated the pro bowl has sucked for ever .IMO . the only reson players ever went to the game was the week in Hawaii ..the game has 0 inpact on anything to do with the yr .. mybe do like baseball have winning side get the home game ..??? something ... and next yr no one playing in the SB will be playing in a game one week before .

The only thing I don't like about that, is that it will start forcing players to really play hard and go all out for any types of incentives...and I just think that would eventually lead to an unnecessary injury

T&B fan
02-03-2009, 01:04 PM
The only thing I don't like about that, is that it will start forcing players to really play hard and go all out for any types of incentives...and I just think that would eventually lead to an unnecessary injury

very True ..so they sill need a reson to play for ??? the $$ for playing in it is very small I thik winning team gets 40g and 20g for the losers .. now thats alot for most of us ..
I realy think the game may go away ...

Benzbrother
02-03-2009, 01:14 PM
very True ..so they sill need a reson to play for ??? the $$ for playing in it is very small I thik winning team gets 40g and 20g for the losers .. now thats alot for most of us ..
I realy think the game may go away ...

It almost seems like a shame to get rid of it....but I agree with you. Unless they can really figure out a great way to change it, I just almost think it would be better to just recognize them as Pro Bowlers and just give them some type of trophy/plaque etc...

Steelersfanforlife
02-04-2009, 09:34 PM
So the NFL stated that the 2010 Pro Bowl will be played one week BEFORE the Super Bowl. Hmm.....am I the only one that sees a problem with that? This could quite possibly be the dumbest idea ever. Does anybody have any idea on why they decided this???

i agree with you here. i dont like it one bit and i hope they reconsider:tt:

jev7452
02-04-2009, 09:38 PM
i agree with the fact that they should just recognize the players that they would promote to the pro bowl and just hold a ceremony at the end of the season, including having the super bowl winning team do something.. anything would be better honestly