PDA

View Full Version : Alex Boone - OSU OT....arrested and tasered.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-02-2009, 09:47 PM
OSU's Boone arrested, Tasered in Calif. after drunken tirade

ALISO VIEJO, Calif. (AP) -- Ohio State offensive lineman Alex Boone was arrested after being subdued with a Taser during an alleged drunken tirade, authorities said Monday.

Boone, 21, was taken into custody late Sunday for investigation of resisting arrest after Orange County sheriff's deputies responded to a disturbance call outside of a home in Aliso Viejo.

When they arrived, the 6-foot-8, 312-pound tackle had been jumping on car hoods, yanking on a tow truck cable and trying to break a window, said sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino.

Boone ran away from deputies and was found hiding underneath a patio, authorities said. Boone was combative and uncooperative and had to be taken down with a stun gun, Amormino said.

"He was yelling obscenities at deputies and had a strong smell of alcohol," Amormino said. "His blood-alcohol level was at least three times the legal amount."

Boone was taken to a hospital and then to a jail medical ward, where he remained. He had not been booked yet.

Boone, who was selected All-Big Ten this year, could be selected in the NFL draft in April.

Ohio State spokeswoman Shelly Hoffman said Monday that she was unaware of the arrest and could not comment.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/02/02/boone.ohiostate.ap/index.html

MasterOfPuppets
02-02-2009, 09:53 PM
well.....we can scratch boone of the steeler list......what a freakin moron !!! he just cost himself some serious $$$$$...:doh:

MDSteel15
02-03-2009, 01:10 AM
LMAO......... OSU :tt03: :rofl: :drink:

Galax Steeler
02-03-2009, 03:53 AM
Wow this kid getting ready for the nfl and screw up by doing something like that it was stupid.

steelwall
02-03-2009, 04:00 AM
Wow this kid getting ready for the nfl and screw up by doing something like that it was stupid.

Sadly, it woldn't mattter to other teams out there infact, they would probably just use this to pay him less upfront.

MasterOfPuppets
02-03-2009, 04:09 AM
Sadly, it woldn't mattter to other teams out there infact, they would probably just use this to pay him less upfront.oh somebody will draft him.......but instead of being a 3rd or 4th rd pick, he'll probably drop to a 5th or 6th..

CaliStillersFan
02-03-2009, 04:30 AM
Sounds like he'd be a good fit for the ratbirds or cryboys.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-03-2009, 09:29 AM
oh somebody will draft him.......but instead of being a 3rd or 4th rd pick, he'll probably drop to a 5th or 6th..

I would take Boone at the end of the 4th in a heartbeat. Kind of stupid getting drunk and this before draft, but not like he was a 3rd year pro and driving around with joints in his SUV (Santonio anybody?).

Boone is big, strong, has long arms, a good kick slide and sets a base well. He just has trouble with speed guys like Orakpo....but who doesn't. Boone will be a solid RT for 10 years in the NFL and I still like him as a talent.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-03-2009, 10:34 AM
I would take Boone at the end of the 4th in a heartbeat. Kind of stupid getting drunk and this before draft, but not like he was a 3rd year pro and driving around with joints in his SUV (Santonio anybody?).

Boone is big, strong, has long arms, a good kick slide and sets a base well. He just has trouble with speed guys like Orakpo....but who doesn't. Boone will be a solid RT for 10 years in the NFL and I still like him as a talent.

Totally agree..if Boone falls to the 4th...I would grab him in a heartbeat. I do have some concerns about his heavy feet...but he would be a value in the 4th.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Totally agree..if Boone falls to the 4th...I would grab him in a heartbeat. I do have some concerns about his heavy feet...but he would be a value in the 4th.

You know....Boone does a good job in setting a solid base and kick sliding to be in position to use his long arms in pass protection. If Max Starks was able to use his size to his advantage like Boone does.........Starks would be a Pro Bowler.

I was concerned earlier in the year with the way Boone didnt bend at the hips and knees well in run blocking, but he looked better at the end of the year. Boone isnt agile enough to be a good LT, but can be a really good RT. Kind of a thinner Jon Runyan or Tony Pashos.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-03-2009, 12:16 PM
You know....Boone does a good job in setting a solid base and kick sliding to be in position to use his long arms in pass protection. If Max Starks was able to use his size to his advantage like Boone does.........Starks would be a Pro Bowler.

I was concerned earlier in the year with the way Boone didnt bend at the hips and knees well in run blocking, but he looked better at the end of the year. Boone isnt agile enough to be a good LT, but can be a really good RT. Kind of a thinner Jon Runyan or Tony Pashos.

If the Combine pans out the way that I think it might...Loadholt should be there at #32...Wood at #64...and Boone at #96....

That could lead to a couple of scenerios:

1) OC Mack/OC Wood
2) DE Gilbert
3) OT Boone
3) CB Mark Parson,
4) FS Sherrod Martin

OR

1) OT Loadholt
2) OC Wood
3) CB Parson
3) DE Pannel Egboh
4) FS Martin

I know that there are a million possibilities, but I think these two legit at this time.
(I seriously have a problem...I could do this for hours)

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-03-2009, 01:06 PM
I think Beatty will have more value than Loadholt and unless Loadholt shows that he can play LT, he will probably go late 2nd round.

LLT, I like your first scenario, but it doesnt address our LT position long term at all (unless Tony Hills can play LT) and there isnt much in free agency.

I think the Steelers have painted themselves into a corner of spending their 1st round pick on a LT and maybe having to trade up in order to get Eben Britton or William Beatty to do so.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-03-2009, 01:27 PM
I think Beatty will have more value than Loadholt and unless Loadholt shows that he can play LT, he will probably go late 2nd round.

LLT, I like your first scenario, but it doesnt address our LT position long term at all (unless Tony Hills can play LT) and there isnt much in free agency.

I think the Steelers have painted themselves into a corner of spending their 1st round pick on a LT and maybe having to trade up in order to get Eben Britton or William Beatty to do so.

Thats because ...as much as none of us want to think about it...there is a better than average chance we resign Starks for the LT position.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Thats because ...as much as none of us want to think about it...there is a better than average chance we resign Starks for the LT position.

I am still in denial about that one!!!

When Primetime was interviewing Starks on media day, he didnt seem overly enthusiastic about saying he wanted to be back. He started saying it was a business....then backpedaled into how you always want to stay true to who gave you your shot, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I think Starks has 2 SB rings and wants to get paid!!! I think that somebody is gonna pay him more than the Steelers are offering.......and I honestly hope so.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-03-2009, 02:10 PM
I am still in denial about that one!!!

When Primetime was interviewing Starks on media day, he didnt seem overly enthusiastic about saying he wanted to be back. He started saying it was a business....then backpedaled into how you always want to stay true to who gave you your shot, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I think Starks has 2 SB rings and wants to get paid!!! I think that somebody is gonna pay him more than the Steelers are offering.......and I honestly hope so.

I have seen him offered out as the "best" free agent OT outside of Gross..:doh:

...so yea, he may have someone overpay him.

SunshineMan21
02-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I want Gross. :P

MasterOfPuppets
02-03-2009, 04:45 PM
i wouldn't pencil in that 3B, pick just yet.....

Steelers To Be Shut Out on Comp Picks

Posted Mar 31st 2008 7:27 AM by JJ Cooper (author feed)
Filed Under: Steelers, AFC North, Pittsburgh
When the NFL announces its compensatory picks this week, don't expect to see the Steelers get any. Pittsburgh seems certain to remain stuck with six picks for April's draft. That was to be expected since the Steelers didn't really lose any significant free agents last year (Joey Porter was cut, which doesn't count).

But if you're a Steelers fan hoping for a big score next year thanks to losing Alan Faneca, I've got bad news. As of right now, the Steelers would be shut out again next year.

To get a compensatory pick, you have to have signed less unrestricted free agents than the number that you lose. That's the problem for the Steelers. While Keyaron Fox, Mewelde Moore and Justin Hartwig are all relatively inexpensive signings, they all were unrestricted free agents. The Steelers have lost only two unrestricted free agents (Faneca and Clark Haggans). So if you're hoping to see the Steelers get an extra pick next year, it's time to root for Brian St. Pierre, Marquis Cooper, Verron Haynes and Dan Kreider to find good jobs elsewhere, to tip the balance. If that happens, Pittsburgh will likely get an extra third-round pick in 2008, but it all depends on signing fewer free agents than the Steelers lose.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-04-2009, 08:39 AM
i wouldn't pencil in that 3B, pick just yet.....

Brian St. Pierre signed with the Cardinals....and I know I saw Kreider on the Rams last year. :noidea:

Texasteel
02-05-2009, 05:00 AM
If the Combine pans out the way that I think it might...Loadholt should be there at #32...Wood at #64...and Boone at #96....

That could lead to a couple of scenerios:

1) OC Mack/OC Wood
2) DE Gilbert
3) OT Boone
3) CB Mark Parson,
4) FS Sherrod Martin

OR

1) OT Loadholt
2) OC Wood
3) CB Parson
3) DE Pannel Egboh
4) FS Martin

I know that there are a million possibilities, but I think these two legit at this time.
(I seriously have a problem...I could do this for hours)

Right now I think I like the 1st one better. I am not afraid of Boone. You should have seen some of the stuff I did when I was his age. I am still nervous about Loadholts lack of quickness and bad feet. I would also rather have Gilbert over Egboh.

I,d like to look at this list again after the combines.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Right now I think I like the 1st one better. I am not afraid of Boone. You should have seen some of the stuff I did when I was his age. I am still nervous about Loadholts lack of quickness and bad feet. I would also rather have Gilbert over Egboh.

I,d like to look at this list again after the combines.

I'm with you Tex......who hasnt van surfed while drunk? :tt03: I'm also not afraid of Boone's skills. Loadholt will rank higher and is a better athlete than Boone......but doesnt use his hands/arms as well as Boone.

tony hipchest
02-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm with you Tex......who hasnt van surfed while drunk? :tt03: .:toofunny:

i say draft him if hes a bargain and let harrison and especially woodley smack the dumb out of his mouth (and head) in camp.

i see no reason why the steelers should be scared of this dude. i say that because of how impressed i was with the way the rooneys and tomlin handled the harrison, santonio, and even wilson situations, this season.

if you produce, you will be given a chance to get your shit straight. if you dont you will be shown the door.

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2009, 02:46 PM
:toofunny:

i say draft him if hes a bargain and let harrison and especially woodley smack the dumb out of his mouth (and head) in camp.

i see no reason why the steelers should be scared of this dude. i say that because of how impressed i was with the way the rooneys and tomlin handled the harrison, santonio, and even wilson situations, this season.

if you produce, you will be given a chance to get your shit straight. if you dont you will be shown the door.
sounds like the perfect wedding vows.....:scratchchin:

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 03:33 PM
What a dumbass
:doh:

Steely McSmash
02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm with you Tex......who hasnt van surfed while drunk? :tt03: I'm also not afraid of Boone's skills. Loadholt will rank higher and is a better athlete than Boone......but doesnt use his hands/arms as well as Boone.

He probably just watched Teen Wolf and got overexcited.

devilsdancefloor
02-09-2009, 09:29 PM
soon he wil change his name to stylz oh wait that has been done damn......
But we all at 21 have done something stupid like um get drunk and make a ass of our selves! If he is a decent prospect and he drops to 3rd 4th round take him! And as tony said let harrison welcome him to camp he welcomed mendy last camp!:thumbsup::drink::drink::tt03::tt03:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-09-2009, 09:40 PM
I think Boone was a 3rd rounder and this may drop him. I still would take him in the 3rd if he is there!!

1978steeler
02-10-2009, 08:23 PM
There has been alot of big drunk dummies who have made pretty good NFL lineman.

I don't care if the guy is 30 shots deep getting tased out of his mind by the LAPD if he can keep Ben upright...I would take him in the 3rd