PDA

View Full Version : Santonio MOST VALUABLE PUNK

stelpit
02-03-2009, 12:08 AM
thats how they talked about him on espn radio monday here in columbus ohio the same people that loved and over looked things that he has done NOW HATE HIM or do they just hate the steelers and are taking it out on him ??? if you went through yhe nfl and pulled out every guy that made a mistake how many would not be playing ? and try not to get pissed but im so tired of the crying from the clowns and bungle people(fans) just because they suck that is no reason to try and bring down the 6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMP by saying holmes is a punk or that harrison is dirty it a game of emotions and sometimes they make a bad choice just like every else has !

SC Steeler Steve
02-03-2009, 12:11 AM
I think Santo is in a new level of his career and life now. I dont think we will be having anymore problems with him.

CaliStillersFan
02-03-2009, 12:25 AM
The man smoked a doob. What other trouble has he been in? Is this country so backwards that smoking a little herb makes you less of a person for some reason? Michael Phelps has just been caught smoking a bong, does that make him anything less than the world's greatest Olympic Championship ever? I don't think so.

Preacher
02-03-2009, 12:39 AM
The man smoked a doob. What other trouble has he been in? Is this country so backwards that smoking a little herb makes you less of a person for some reason? Michael Phelps has just been caught smoking a bong, does that make him anything less than the world's greatest Olympic Championship ever? I don't think so.

Some people just don't get that the law is the law.

And no, this isn't his FIRST trouble. it was his third.

Most steelers fans, including me, was willing to overlook the two issues coming out of college because of maturity issues. We figured he would grow up. It seems like he did, until doing something ILLEGAL showed he didn't understand the ramifications of his actions and thus, he was not yet mature enough to understand all the responsibility on him.

For some reason I think Tomlin and Ward have cleared that up quite fast.

BUt no, he isn't a punk. He is just another wayward youth that is given a second chance--- on a massive stage. It isn't like he stabbed a guy...

OX1947
02-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Just for clarification so I am not sounding naive, but did they actually test Santonio for smoking or did he just happen to have a weed item in the car? Just an educated guess, but I am assuming they probably tested him right after that to see and if he tested positive, isn't that an automatic 4 games suspension or is the first one a warning? What exactly happened? I thought since he didn't get suspended by the league that it may have just been an item that may have belonged to a friend of his or something.

CaliStillersFan
02-03-2009, 12:55 AM
I wasn't aware of what he did in college. I heard his story about dealing drugs and stuff as a kid, and saw that he has 3 kids of own at age 24, so I can imagine he had a pretty difficult childhood. Just as long as he doesn't go all Bam Morris on us, he's still a hero in my eyes. ;)

OneForTheToe
02-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Some people just don't get that the law is the law.

And no, this isn't his FIRST trouble. it was his third.

Most steelers fans, including me, was willing to overlook the two issues coming out of college because of maturity issues. We figured he would grow up. It seems like he did, until doing something ILLEGAL showed he didn't understand the ramifications of his actions and thus, he was not yet mature enough to understand all the responsibility on him.

For some reason I think Tomlin and Ward have cleared that up quite fast.

BUt no, he isn't a punk. He is just another wayward youth that is given a second chance--- on a massive stage. It isn't like he stabbed a guy...

Obviously, or he would have been voted by the media shmucks as the greatest middle linebacker of all time.:wink02::banging:

Galax Steeler
02-03-2009, 03:44 AM
You are going to hear alot of garbage coming from cleveland or cinci they don't have a football team so all they can do is set up there and criticize someone else.

stillers4me
02-03-2009, 05:41 AM
I hope to God that Santonio has had a major wake up call. It was a good sign that he spent the evening after the Superbowl in his hotel room watching movies with his 3 (adorable) kids instead of partying all night long.

If not, it's going to be a looooooooong off season.

Milkman
02-03-2009, 06:35 AM
I almost beat the hell outta some guy yesterday at china cottage for trying to tell me how Harrison was being a dirty player.

I told him that his whining and complaining wasn't going to change the fact that there are now 6 trophies in our trophy case.

But he just kept yapping aand it took all of my composer not to walk over and deck him.

Oh well.

HometownGal
02-03-2009, 06:40 AM
More jealousy coming from the land of AFCN losers. What a shocker.

As SC Steeler Steve so correctly pointed out above - Santo is in a new level of his life now. Even in his interviews, he seems a lot more mature and grounded. With Coach T, Hines and some of the other guys mentoring him, I have no doubt he's in "drive" and no longer in "reverse". :thumbsup:

Mewtwo
02-03-2009, 07:46 AM

And if Phelps would actually grow a pair, instead of "apologizing for his behavior", he would have realized he could have said something like "Yeah, i smoked it, so what, it needs to be legalized already".

This is coming from someone who does no drugs and doesn't drink or smoke anything -- Michael Phelps had a chance to strike a huge blow against the war on drugs, and he blew it.

...someone needs to make a parody commercial to that one "Above the Influence" commercial where the dude smoking marijuana goes into the cocoon, and instead of an ugly middle-aged man coming out, it's Michael Phelps. It'd be a chance to screw with Big Propaganda.

jjpro11
02-03-2009, 07:55 AM
ohio state is a breeding ground for punks, 10x worse than santonio.. clarett comes to mind.. and look at this little gem just 2 nights ago.

Ohio St. OL Boone arrested in California

14 hours ago

ALISO VIEJO, Calif. (AP) — Ohio State offensive lineman Alex Boone has been arrested after being subdued with a Taser during an alleged drunken tirade.

Orange County sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino says the 6-foot-8, 312-pound tackle was jumping on car hoods, yanking on a tow truck cable and trying to break a window when he was arrested late Sunday.

Amormino says the 21-year-old, who appeared intoxicated, was combative and uncooperative with sheriff's deputies and had to be taken down with a Taser. He was taken to a hospital and then to a jail medical ward, where he remains.

Boone, who was selected All-Big Ten this year, could be selected in the NFL draft in April.

Angina
02-03-2009, 07:59 AM
I almost beat the hell outta some guy yesterday at china cottage for trying to tell me how Harrison was being a dirty player.

I told him that his whining and complaining wasn't going to change the fact that there are now 6 trophies in our trophy case.

But he just kept yapping aand it took all of my composer not to walk over and deck him.

Oh well.

Composure is overrated. Next time, deck him!! :wink02: :tt02:

memphissteelergirl
02-03-2009, 08:57 AM
I say let 'em keep on drinking the "Haterade" if they want to. They're just jealous, pathetic, small-minded people.

And as for Santo, I also pray that he has turned the corner in his life and he realizes that he cannot blow the chance he has been given. If not for himself, at least for those adorable kids of his. He is well on his way to a HOF career if he just has the wherewithal to stay discliplined and willing to work at it.

aries4972
02-03-2009, 09:12 AM

Are you kidding............ this post makes way to much sense:applaudit:

Fire Haley
02-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Bitter crackers - eat this

http://www.elporvenir.com.mx/upload/foto/18/3/3/holmes.jpg

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-03-2009, 09:48 AM
I like the kid and hope he continues to grow up. After making the big catch and taking it down to the 6 yard line...........I HATED THAT HE HAD TO START STYLIN' INSTEAD OF GIVING THE REF THE BALL AND GETTING ON THE LINE FOR A BALL SPIKE !!!!

I hope Hines is around for another 2-3 seasons to teach these young receivers how to continue to play.

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 10:04 AM
I have a good friend that is a Buckeye Fan, I'm a Pitt Panther fan...he says to me in email Sunday...

"A Panther Breaks your heart and a Buckeye makes it all right again"

Never was a Buckeye Fan til Yesterday. Holmes...Thank you Punk...you're the man.

aries4972
02-03-2009, 10:39 AM
... did anyone notice that Tone cut his braids...?? my wife pointed it out to me. I could care less about a players hair but it does make him look older and more mature.