PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Season EVER

Stevo
02-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Greatest Season EVER...

A 12-4 record, including back to back to back wins by absolutely crushing the Patriots, a pick-six to beat Dallas, then a season sweep of the hated Ravens (in Baltimore, ha-ha).

Hosting the playoffs and sending the Chargers packing in a dominating fashion. Followed by the AFC Championship game where Pittsburgh completed a three-pete over Baltimore (in the most smash mouth football game I have ever seen) that left many of their players beat up. The Steelers literally kicked their a$$ out of Western Pennsylvania.

The story book ending: Huge jaw-dropping plays making it the most exciting game I can remember. I lost my voice screaming and cheering while Big Ben showed the world why he is the best QB in the game with a Super Bowl Victory.

Pittsburgh is called the greatest sports franchise in history. Wow.

Somewhere in Nicaragua, a child is using a torn apart “19-0” t-shirt to wipe his behind, while my “Six-Burgh” tee is already hanging in a display on my wall.

Next, I will be buying the DVD.

Milkman
02-03-2009, 07:31 AM
You'll get no argument from me.

:cheers:

HometownGal
02-03-2009, 07:44 AM
AMEN!!! :tt03:

I was blessed to have gone through the 70's with their 4 Super Bowl teams and they were simply GREAT, but what this team did this season is off the charts! They started the season with their backs against the wall with that brutal schedule but it didn't matter - they went out there, played hard and did what they needed to do to win. Sometimes it sure wasn't pretty, but it didn't need to be.

I'm so proud of our Steelers and this smile on my face isn't going to disappear for quite a long time! :tt03::tt02:

4xSBChamps
02-03-2009, 07:57 AM
they went out there, played hard and did what they needed to do to win. Sometimes it sure wasn't pretty, but it didn't need to be.

"Steeler football is 60 minutes..... it's never pretty, so throw-out the style-points"

~ Mike Tomlin ~

http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/mike-tomlin.jpg

being out-of-state, I only saw a few regular-season games this year, so I'm not in position to make 'best-ever' comparisons, but I'd think they'd be hard-pressed to compare with the teams from '75, '76, and '78, and I'll just enjoy their accomplishments

MDSteel15
02-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I think this is actually the first time ever that I saw every game! And I'll have to say it was very impressive but I don't know about the Greatest Season EVER :noidea:

Fire Haley
02-03-2009, 10:40 AM
What's not to love? (other than those ugly hats, and I might even break down and get one of them too)

Enjoy it!

http://www.welt.de/multimedia/archive/00745/eng_NFL_triumpf2_BM_745275g.jpg