PDA

View Full Version : A Note from the game...(On the Bus)

Suitanim
01-02-2006, 08:12 AM
During all those TV timeouts you fans at home had to sit through, the stadium was just insane! They showed a couple different Bus tributes on the jumbotron, the whole stadium was chanting "Bus Bus Bus" and "One more year", Jerome was smiling and saluting the crowd, he literally got up and led a chant during a TV timeout when the Lions had the ball, he took a bow and one point, we even did the wave.

Several times I had chills run down my spine. It was a really special day to be at the field, and it's something I will never, ever forget!

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 08:44 AM
That would have been awesome to see. I still feel as if he will be back!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Stop rubbing it in suit !! :chair: :wink:

As excited as I was during the game, the atmosphere had to electric in the stadium !

SteelCityMan786
01-02-2006, 09:10 AM
During all those TV timeouts you fans at home had to sit through, the stadium was just insane! They showed a couple different Bus tributes on the jumbotron, the whole stadium was chanting "Bus Bus Bus" and "One more year", Jerome was smiling and saluting the crowd, he literally got up and led a chant during a TV timeout when the Lions had the ball, he took a bow and one point, we even did the wave.

Several times I had chills run down my spine. It was a really special day to be at the field, and it's something I will never, ever forget!

Well Suit you and me both along with the 63,794 People that made it through the gates probably just saw what is Jerome's Last Home Game.

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Bettis seemed touched in his post game press conference, about the entire stadium chanting " One More Year"

Stlrs4Life
01-02-2006, 10:01 AM

I hear ya, it was great! why didn't you stop by the tailgate? Lexx, son, Ambridge and wife, Aries and wife were all there.

BB2W
01-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Sounds awesome... I wish I could have been there. It would have been a game worth making the trip. I should have thoguht about it earlier and got some tickets... I would have liked to been there for Jerome's final home game. Plus, my father is a Lion's fan... it would have made sense. Oh well...

Sharkissle29
01-02-2006, 01:20 PM

yea they mentioned it on the radio, and you could even hear some of the chants.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah they let the crowd chants thru on the TV as well.. it was moving !!!

SteelerzGirl
01-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Sounds like you had a great time, Suit. And now you have some very special Steelers memories which you'll never forget. :smile:

Ambridge
01-02-2006, 04:39 PM
I caught about a minute long video clip of the crowd going nuts during the timeouts like Suit was talking about..........if the mods say it's OK to post the video clip I will as long as that doesn't break any kind of NFL or Steeler copyright law.

24seven
01-02-2006, 07:10 PM
do post.. i would love to see it.. or upload to my ftp :P pm if you could that would be awesome to have!

Sharkissle29
01-02-2006, 07:14 PM
do post.. i would love to see it.. or upload to my ftp :P pm if you could that would be awesome to have!
i would also like to see it if the mods dont let you post it...:smile:

melroseplace
01-02-2006, 08:39 PM
my cousins from out of town went down to try to get tickets from the scalpers but thought they were too much...they went back at half time and got two tickets for two beers :chuckle:

SteelR1
01-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Sounds AWESOME,, wish I could have been there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grey
01-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Suitanim nailed it. The atmosphere was just incredible. Basically the entire fourth quarter was dedicated to honoring the Bus. The situation was set up perfectly, and the Steelers organization didn't miss the chance to give the Bus the respect that he deserves, and neither did the fans.

This, with the Chicago game combine to make the best 2 home game stretch I have ever seen, and I've been going to the games for about 14 years. Just couldn't be a more memorable way to wrap up the regular season at home.

That's the first successful wave I have ever seen at Heinz field. That tells you something about how the crowd was feeling.

HERE WE GO.

Grey