PDA

View Full Version : What I want to see again next year, and what I don't.

LukesDad88
02-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Two surprise formations by the Steelers on Sunday. One I loved, one I despised!

Loved: Quad Left. What a fantastic formation! The number plays you could run out of that formation are mindboggling! It forces the secondary to overcommit to the left, leaving the receiver in a one on one situation, if he beats his guy, it's a solid pickup. If the secondary doesn't commit, then one or two of the guys in the quad are going to be open, plus the option of a screen, with two big blockers, and not enough defenders is very attractive. Great formation.

Loathed: Wildcat. The Wildcat was figured out by week 8.

GodofGridiron
02-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I dont wanna see too much more of the empty backfield set nor do i wanna see Willie Parker spread out wide. Its not like hes a threat to catch anything anyways. This fools nobody. NOBODY.

JoeLion
02-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Dpends on the offensive line and the situation. Wildcat could work with blocking, and also can set up the potential for a pass if utilized more than once during a game. I liked the qoads as well.

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I'd like to see More I Formation

Oh wait, I'm not supposed to say that now that we've won the Super Bowl...

Um...More 3 tight end sets...yeah...that's it.

Pony Back...2 starting RBs in the backfield at the same time...I'd like that.

4xSBChamps
02-03-2009, 12:38 PM
What I want to see again next year

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper736/stills/25w05cl6.jpg

..... an' I ain't choosy how.....

:tt02:

BlastFurnace
02-03-2009, 01:14 PM
What I want to see again next year

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper736/stills/25w05cl6.jpg

..... an' I ain't choosy how.....

You need to change your name :tt:

We're the 6 time champs now.

4xSBChamps
02-03-2009, 01:18 PM
You need to change your name :tt:

We're the 6 time champs now.

I grew-up during the first 4, and have decided to leave the screen-names of 5x, 6x, and 7x Champs for future generations of Stiller fans

steelerdave1969
02-03-2009, 01:34 PM
What I would like to really see more of with the Steelers offense is to use the FB more, sorry but that is just what I was brought up on being a Steelers fan. I love the power running game with a little mixture of the next Super Bowl MVP QB named Ben Roethlisberger throwing to Hines Ward, Limas Sweed and Super Bowl XLIII MVP Santonio Holmes and a Defense that is Always amongst the best in the league led by DE Aaron Smith and LB James Farrior and DB Ike Taylor and SS Troy Polomalu.
Oh yeah... another Super Bowl Trophy Would Be Nice As Well

SuperSteelers
02-03-2009, 02:15 PM
What I would like to really see more of with the Steelers offense is to use the FB more, sorry but that is just what I was brought up on being a Steelers fan. I love the power running game with a little mixture of the next Super Bowl MVP QB named Ben Roethlisberger throwing to Hines Ward, Limas Sweed and Super Bowl XLIII MVP Santonio Holmes and a Defense that is Always amongst the best in the league led by DE Aaron Smith and LB James Farrior and DB Ike Taylor and SS Troy Polomalu.
Oh yeah... another Super Bowl Trophy Would Be Nice As Well

Nice sig!