PDA

View Full Version : Did everyone hear the announcers....

MDSteel15
02-03-2009, 01:01 PM
after the game was over say: "Dallas is America's disfunctional family, the Pittsburgh Steelers are truly Amricas Team!" Man that was great to hear somebody finally come out and say it on mational television!

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I guess that's why the pundits are already picking the Cowboys as one of the 4 favorites to get to the SB next year (along with the Pats, Colts and Giants) while we didn't garner a mention. The media can kiss my ass. :coffee:

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
I think the Steelers and Pats are equal in Vegas with winning it next year according to the "odds makers"

LukesDad88
02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Enough with this "America's Team" BS! If you know where that moniker comes from and the history, you don't want it! Let Dallas be "America's Team".

As The Chief said, "The Steelers are Pittsburgh's team."

Crushzilla
02-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I guess that's why the pundits are already picking the Cowboys as one of the 4 favorites to get to the SB next year (along with the Pats, Colts and Giants) while we didn't garner a mention. The media can kiss my ass. :coffee:

Come on, man.

They barely had any chance to drool over Tom-peep this year.

Now that it's the offseason again.... they can begin...

I thought Collinsworth's head was going to explode from the stress.

drizze99
02-03-2009, 01:11 PM
The "media" can say whatever they want but the TRUE odds right now for SB 44 are:

Steelers: 6-1
Pats: 6-1

Everyone else falls behind after that

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 01:13 PM
The "media" can say whatever they want but the TRUE odds right now for SB 44 are:

Steelers: 6-1
Pats: 6-1

Everyone else falls behind after that

That's all well and good, but it isn't the oddsmakers in Vegas popping off with this drivel, it's the media:

"Dallas is America's disfunctional family, the Pittsburgh Steelers are truly Amricas Team!"

The media is who I have the beef with, not the oddsmakers.

SuperSteelers
02-03-2009, 02:30 PM

Hasn't Dallas been picked 5 years in a row? The "Great" Tony Romo... who hasn't won a single playoff game is the best QB in football... I've heard that before.:tt02:

4xSBChamps
02-03-2009, 02:43 PM
after the game was over say: "Dallas is America's disfunctional family, the Pittsburgh Steelers are truly Americas Team!"

I think that was Woody Paige who said that on Monday 2/2/09 episode of 'Around the Horn'

Steelcitygal87
02-03-2009, 02:50 PM
I think that was Woody Paige who said that on Monday 2/2/09 episode of 'Around the Horn'

Yep, it was...I was watching when Woody brought up about how the Steelers are the true America's team. He mentioned how great their fans travel, how they have fans around the country that pack stadiums...etc.. and then went on to say Dallas is basically nothing but a big soap opera..too much drama. He also talked about the contrast in ownership styles, between the 2 teams:tt03: :thumbsup:.

4xSBChamps
02-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Woody brought up about how the Steelers are the true America's team. He mentioned how great their fans travel, how they have fans around the country that pack stadiums...etc.. and then went on to say Dallas is basically nothing but a big soap opera..too much drama. He also talked about the contrast in ownership styles, between the 2 teams:tt03: :thumbsup:.

..... the Stillers have 'character', while the Cryboys have 'characters'.....

:tt02:

SteelCurtain7
02-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Truth. :cool:

Dude, you're going to have to change your screen name!!!!!!!!!!! :tt: