PDA

View Full Version : A Great Read...

Indo
02-03-2009, 05:19 PM
don't know how many of you have seen this...but it's a great read...

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?id=09000d5d80e8844c&template=without-video&confirm=true

k7brown
02-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks for posting that link. That is a great read!!!

:tt: :tt:

chenzzo
02-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Great read. I loved Sweed's comments. I really hope he blows up next year!

theplatypus
02-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Great read. I loved Sweed's comments. I really hope he blows up next year!

I'll bet dollars to donuts he does just that. We couldn't have a monster receiving corps next year. Ward,Holmes,and Sweed could/should be scary good in the near future.

43Hitman
02-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Nice article, thanks for posting it up.

Milkman
02-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Nice.

jev7452
02-03-2009, 07:29 PM
awesome!! thank you!

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 07:36 PM
I found this part touching - I think people need to give this kid a break:

During the falling confetti, rookie wide receiver Limas Sweed looked for his mother on the field.

Before he found her, he reminisced about his rookie season, the drops, the catches, this game in which he did not grab a single pass.

You would have thought he caught 100.

"I am overwhelmed, overjoyed," Sweed said, wiping away tears. "It has been a long season. A lot of injuries on our team. Each week, a different challenge. I didn't do much in this game, but I feel like a big part of it. I haven't even gotten started yet in my career, but this is something I am going to hold close to my heart. We won the national championship at Texas, but this seems four times bigger right now. Man, I'm a Pittsburgh Steeler and a world champion. So sweet."

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Now that is a "Lover Article" and people should click away on that one all day long.

KeiselPower99
02-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Sweed wont get a break for awhile. We still ride Bens azz when he does something wrong and all he has done is win 2 Super Bowls and make play after play for us. I do hope though that he turns into a beast and adds a threat beside Holmes and Ward.

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Sweed wont get a break for awhile. We still ride Bens azz when he does something wrong and all he has done is win 2 Super Bowls and make play after play for us. I do hope though that he turns into a beast and adds a threat beside Holmes and Ward.

Holmes was the same way as a Rookie...he didn't "make a name" for himself til that OT game against the Bengals...you know...the one where we eliminated the Bengals from the Playoffs for the 2nd season in row...the one where we weren't even going to the playoffs and it was a must win for the Bengals but we went ahead and beat them anyway like the kitties they really are.

Yeah...Holmes was in the same boat as Sweed til that play. Sweed should come around. Heck, we won this one without Antwan or Cedric. Imagine that?

fansince'76
02-03-2009, 07:50 PM

I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna lay off Ben at this point. They really have no choice, otherwise they'll just sound like a hating idiot.

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2009, 07:53 PM
I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna lay off Ben at this point. They really have no choice, otherwise they'll just sound like a hating idiot.

Hey. Lambert Is God even came around...he should lead the "leave Ben alone" charge anytime someone comes on here and tries to Bash Ben...that should be LIGs new Job.

devilsdancefloor
02-03-2009, 07:54 PM
SWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDD!!! That young man is gonna be great! :tt03::tt03::tt03: