PDA

View Full Version : Would you draft Clarrett?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2005, 01:22 PM
At the combine, so far, he's ripped, in shape, and saying all the right things. Assuming he has a good combine overall, if u r an NFL GM, would u take a chance and draft him?

ironcitychef
02-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Yes, but only after round four. If he is there then take him you have too. Look at last year. Most of our guys from there on, only made the practice squad. If it doesn't work out then you didn't lose much. However, pick him too early and you have to make sure he stays clean and out of trouble, too much babysitting if you ask me. You should want to stay in the NFL once you get drafted, not expect it to owe you something.

clevestinks
02-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Then again we have Staley and the Bus

ironcitychef
02-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Wow, talk about 24 hours making a difference. When I posted, the Bus had not signed and Clarrett was in good shape. Then I go to work, and come home to see we have the Bus for one year and Clarrett is the slowest man from the Ohio State University next to the band leader. Wonder if I can change my vote?

clevestinks
02-27-2005, 02:16 PM
After his time in the forty yesterday, he better hope he goes by the fifth round

bigbensgirl7
02-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Hell no...I hate him so much! Really, I think he was too much trouble at OSU, and well he thinks he's above everything in the NFL...I would love for him not to get drafted at all...which I don't see happenening, but he definately won't go early!

clevestinks
02-28-2005, 02:15 PM
I agree to much baggage, and i think him being so nice and everything this week is just a front

ironcitychef
03-01-2005, 12:55 AM
Since we are talking about baggage and such...We drafted Plax who was a rare bird in college. And for the most part, besides that Cleveland party, things worked out and Plax stayed clean. And that Moss might have been available that one year. Do you think PIT is a strong enough organization to keep players in check(ie Dillon in NE) or do we need to be extra careful in drafting and signing troubled children? Just curious I guess.

ironcitychef
03-01-2005, 01:12 AM
Sorry to keep double dipping, but here is a good article about two sides to a story. I still think Clarrett is a head case and would cause more trouble than good, but this shows what athletes will do to get their shot at the big time. I felt sorry for him because I know about cooking at a high level and then realizing you tried to do too much. I can only imagine how it is when you were set for the NFL and then rejected and spend a year and half getting back to it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?id=2001738

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:50 PM
if he was around the 5-7th picks and i had one i would pick this kid up. just let cohwer get on his ass hell be fine in no time, and anyway after what i saw and read about him this kid ,he was 250 when he first wanted in the nfl and this year added 5 more pounds before combine and then got told 2 months before to lose the eight by a adv that he meet bc his frame cant handle it so they kid tried losing the 30 pounds. but only lost like 27 of them and then tired to work out in the combine when his body didnt have anything to give after losing that much weight in that short of time.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2005, 10:33 AM
When a RB, with Day 1 draft aspirations, runs a 4.78 and 4.81 in the 40...equal to the top 5 OL in the draft ??? OUCH !!!! :rolleyes:

ironcitychef
03-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Not to mention that a QB who will now play WR ran a 4.27 or something. Hey JerseySteel any info on whether PIT will draft another QB/WR mix?(ward/El)

JerseySTEEL
03-06-2005, 08:48 PM
havent heard anything about us picking up any QB/WR , but i would say Chower is agaisnt it bc slash was a great Wr but sucked at QB and wouldnt want to deal with that all over again.

but ill get ya soem info on the kid.

JerseySTEEL
03-06-2005, 08:58 PM
u know the kids name iron?

BlitzburghRockCity
03-07-2005, 01:24 AM
maybe not in the draft but cedric wilson of the 49ers has some QB experience :rolleyes:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_310596.html

another Randle EL type player...I'd rather have a big, stretch the field type guy.

JerseySTEEL
03-07-2005, 06:55 PM
ahh i dont wanta guy thats been in the league and hasnt done much, would rather go pick in the draft.

ironcitychef
03-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Uh...carry the two, take the cosine of the tangent...a cool 91.6 QB rating for our new WR huh? Wonder if St Pierre worries about that emergency QB spot with Ward, El, and now Wilson.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2005, 08:36 AM
sounds like a good thread topic to me...standby .. :D

clevestinks
03-09-2005, 05:32 PM
We could have some fun with all our slashes. Speaking of I saw Kordell this weekend in Columbus at the Arnold Classic, he was kinda brash and not real friendly towards people. On the other hand we talk to Shannon Sharpe for at 15 minutes and he was cool as hell. Kordell?

ironcitychef
03-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Ah yes, Shannon Sharpe. I miss him a the Goose on HBO's training camp feature. Those guys rocked. Bad boy fun guys who were all business when it came time to pull the chin strp tight. Young guys take note. I just remember Sharpe sitting at the dining table across from Heap asking how much his signing bonus was. Too funny. When rich guys find out how rich the new guys are.

JerseySTEEL
03-10-2005, 02:01 AM
rember sharpe and marino on tv during the patsvs indy game lol

clevestinks
03-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Burning to many bridges Maurice???
Had to do pro day at his high school.

hardwork
03-25-2005, 07:14 PM
>>>>Do you think PIT is a strong enough organization to keep players in check(ie Dillon in NE) or do we need to be extra careful in drafting and signing troubled children?<<<<

Winning had a lot to do with keeping Dillon in line. If we had been losing week after week I suspect Dillon would have become as much of a problem here as he was in Cincy. And then Bellichick would have benched him.

clevestinks
03-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Definitley, Staley was alot like Dillion when he was at Philly. Holding out , complaining, etc. I think he was a bigger pain than Dillion. Living here in Ohio, all I evr heard about Dillion was that he hated being on a losing team. Cinci had no playoff appearances while he was there. Sounds alot like Barry Sanders, he retired early , cause he was so sick of losing. Dillion going to NE was a win , win for both. NE was winning without a running game. Cowher has had trouble players in the past, if they can`t get it right, then there gone. Bam Morris, Eric Green, hell Plax complained, Gone

JerseySTEEL
03-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Like i said beofre if he was ther ein the 7th i would rly wnat to grab him, he might have had soem probs but every oen grows up and with all the ppl in the steeler locker rooms hell change, hey wasnt Bettis supose to be a prob child back comming from rams?

Brownskikass
03-26-2005, 11:51 PM
Draft Clarret in the 3rd or 4th round and see if the kids got it....If not, who cares? It was a late round pick anyway....

HinesWard4Life8682
03-27-2005, 12:13 AM
you can't say that, some of the biggest picks are from 3rd or 4th

hint, tom brady

JerseySTEEL
03-27-2005, 12:48 AM
hehe theres always sleepers in drafts .

ironcitychef
03-27-2005, 01:08 AM
Considering we get an expanded practice squad now, and most of our 4-7 round picks don't pan out, I'd like to see us start making more risks with our later picks, or trade them away. So we get a bunch of more talented pros we can't keep, but thats the system now. Have a core of five guys. Rotate 40 every 3-5 years, and plug in the rest. So draft more high and then keep what you want.

JerseySTEEL
03-27-2005, 01:11 AM
ya most of our later picks dotn turn out for much.

Brownskikass
03-28-2005, 06:20 PM
you can't say that, some of the biggest picks are from 3rd or 4th

hint, tom brady

He was a 6th round pick

HinesWard4Life8682
03-28-2005, 10:57 PM
man u take stuff so damn literally i mean that every pick matters i didnt mean that he was exactly picked in the 3rd or 4th round, he was drafted late and that means that some good ppl are picked late

JerseySTEEL
03-28-2005, 11:55 PM
hes a Browns fan hinez hes dumber then the avg colts fans hehe

Brownskikass
03-29-2005, 12:13 AM
hes a Browns fan hinez hes dumber then the avg colts fans hehe

Your calling me dumb? Read your damn typing LOL You make me look like Einstein! How wasI dumb? Chill

clevestinks
03-29-2005, 06:45 AM
blast funace??? every thread is getting violent, I Love it. And its only March. Wait til Sept.