PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2009 Schedule.

Edman
02-04-2009, 12:37 PM
They'll have a first place schedule (again), but it won't be as daunting as the gauntlet of 2008.

AFC North x6.
NFC North: Vikings, Bears, Packers, Lions.
AFC West: Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, and Chiefs.
1st place opponents: Titans and Dolphins.

Dramatically "weaker" opponents. But you never know. We owe the Raiders and Broncos a beating. As well as revenge on the Titties. If Ben stays off the bike this offseason, I like our chances.

JEFF4i
02-04-2009, 12:39 PM
I'll be in Denver :D

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2009, 12:41 PM
I see 14-2 with home field advantage.

Write it down, Dino 6 Rings once again goes with the Blind Homer Pick and says we do it again with a devestatingly great regular season and the Title game will be Heinz Field...

basically...same thing I say every year.

SamUK
02-04-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm gonna go with 13-3... and I'll be over for at least 1 game, if the schedule is nice maybe 2... cannot wait

MDSteel15
02-04-2009, 01:31 PM
If our line is improved...... 14-2
If not...... 12-4

fansince'76
02-04-2009, 01:35 PM
19-0! :chuckle:

tyler289
02-04-2009, 01:38 PM
The dolphins being one of our 1st place opponents is a blessing in disguise. Most years that would be New Englad. This year, we'll play a Miami team that COULD fall apart and is unlikely to be as good (defenses get a whole offseason to look at wildcat)..

unless they draft a guy like Pat White to play in the wildcat, I can't see Miami going 11-5 again. They also had a cupcake schedule down the stretch.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-04-2009, 02:27 PM
14-2 absolute worst case. Ben stays healthy all year, who knows. OLINE dependent, lol
Sweep our division again.

As posted elsewhere, we play the right teams at home and the lessor teams on the road. So the home field has already aligned itself perfectly.

Fire Haley
02-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I say the first game should be against the Lions.

A perfect way to start the season.

SB winners vs. 0-16.

A marquee match-up that will have all the talking heads talking. .

02-04-2009, 02:56 PM

SB winners vs. 0-16.

Being the defending Super Bowl Champs, we should get the opening Thursday night game again. Who do you "really" think the opponent will be? I am going to guess Baltimore.

Jackal
02-04-2009, 03:02 PM
I'd wager the Titans, since we didn't get to meet them in the playoffs after the well-publicized towel-stomping.

TampaSteelerFan
02-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Being the defending Super Bowl Champs, we should get the opening Thursday night game again. Who do you "really" think the opponent will be? I am going to guess Baltimore.

I'm guessing Vikings, Packers or Raidrers for the Thursday night opener

memphissteelergirl
02-04-2009, 03:08 PM
I'll be in Denver :D

I hope I can make the Chicago game...it depends on the date. Being at Soldier Field in Nov-Dec. with that cold wind blowing off Lake Michigan doesn't appeal to me that much. :chuckle:

jev7452
02-04-2009, 03:12 PM
i think it will be against someone in our division.. maybe the kitty cats since last year it was a division matchup between the giants and skins.. and i dont wanna get ahead of maybe because there can be some tricky games in that schedule, if aaron rogers can pull his team together then the packers could be a challenge, along with the titans, broncos, vikings, chargers, possibly dolphins, and cant forget about the ravens (twice)

02-04-2009, 03:16 PM
I'd wager the Titans, since we didn't get to meet them in the playoffs after the well-publicized towel-stomping.

OOOH! that would be a good one too.

BozMan
02-04-2009, 03:26 PM

I think this game against the Titans will be @ Tennessee again. The reason is that the AFC South winner visited the AFC North winner this past season. (When the Colts came to Heinz Field.) For 2009, it'll be flipped: AFC N winner @ AFC S winner.

Fire Haley
02-04-2009, 04:29 PM

My predictions suck - even I don't pay any attention to them.

Last year the Giants played the Skins in their opener and before that the Colts played N.O. in their first game as champs - both games were easy wins for the home team.

Give us Cincy.

roethlisbergerUK
02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
It,s looking good for another winning season,Ratbirds will be on our backsides as usual so it,s a 2 horse race..well 1 horse and 1 donkey thats quite quick:laughing::rofl:

I see a 13-3 or a 14-2 happening and i don,t wanna tempt fate by predicting a 7th win but we have to be very confident.Tighten a few areas on the O line and get a good back up QB too(incase Ben does get injured)Without him we are done,I,m assuming Byron Leftwich will be going.

Steelersfanforlife
02-04-2009, 05:06 PM
i think the Steelers will finish 13-3 and clinch the #1 seed in the AFC. Also Steelers beat the Browns by more than 50 points in at least one game

jev7452
02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
i think the Steelers will finish 13-3 and clinch the #1 seed in the AFC. Also Steelers beat the Browns by more than 50 points in at least one game

i like that last part!:thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
At this point 12-4 to 14-2 looks pretty good.

Preacher
02-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Like I said in a similar thread. If our offensive line improves and our D stays the same... we have an excellent chance of 14-2.. maybe better.

drizze99
02-04-2009, 05:57 PM
13-3

CPanther95
02-04-2009, 05:59 PM
I think this game against the Titans will be @ Tennessee again. The reason is that the AFC South winner visited the AFC North winner this past season. (When the Colts came to Heinz Field.) For 2009, it'll be flipped: AFC N winner @ AFC S winner.

For the 2 extra games, TN is at home - Miami is away (We play at Miami twice next year)

In the AFC West, both West coast teams are at home (SD & OAK).

This should be a good year.

HAWK
02-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Under Cowher (nothing against him) I wouldn't be saying this... But I do believe that MT has the leadership to get this team back to the big game. So I'll say we do anywhere from 12-4 to 15-2 and win a 7th SB.

Do you think then they'll call us a dynasty (again)?

Neil-Still-Rules-14
02-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Ben has a chance to beat two of the three teams he's never beaten (Raiders, Packers).

St33lersguy
02-04-2009, 06:46 PM

SB winners vs. 0-16.

Not happening. As defending Superbowl Champs the Steelers will open on Thursday night with a home game. Steelers will play at Detroit.

St33lersguy
02-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Games I see beong tough:
Both Baltimore games, San Diego, Tennessee, Vikings ( They're on the rise)
Games that might be tough or easy, could be either one: Bears, Packers, Broncos ( Maybe they can get tough if they can get a defense and durable running game)
The rest are easy. THe only reason the Dolphins made the playoffs due to their easy schedule. It should be noted that 5 of their wins were SQUEAKERS against the: seawhiners, raiders, 49ers, RAMS, and chiefs.

kmsteelerwr15
02-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Not happening. As defending Superbowl Champs the Steelers will open on Thursday night with a home game. Steelers will play at Detroit.

how about a thanksgiving beat down :thumbsup:

Edman
02-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Vikings and Packers will come to Heinz. While the Steelers will travel to Detroit and Chicago. A reverse of the 2005 schedule when the Steelers played the Lions and Bears at Heinz and traveled to Green Bay and Minnesota. Titans will come to Heinz. Steelers travel to Miami. Steelers will play the Broncos and Chiefs on the road. Raiders and Chargers are coming here (Reversal of 2006 AFC West schedule).

Chiefs and Lions will be trap games.

Minnesota, Tennessee, and Denver will be the tough games. Miami is up in the air.

steelreserve
02-09-2009, 12:48 PM
If we're playing Denver on the road, does that mean Clark is out for that game? I don't know the specifics of his condition, but I seem to remember he was never supposed to play in Denver again ever.

TampaSteelerFan
02-09-2009, 12:49 PM
how about a thanksgiving beat down :thumbsup:

I like it! Finally, years later, we can get revenge for the Jerome Bettis coin toss game! :tt02:

Fire Haley
02-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Here's what's coming up first...

February 9th-NFL teams can make waiver requests( cut players)

February 18-24 - NFL Scouting Combine, Indianapolis, Indiana.

February 19 - Deadline for clubs to designate franchise and transition players.

February 26 - Deadline for submission of qualifying offers by clubs to their restricted free agents whose contracts have expired and to whom they desire to retain a right of first refusal/compensation.

February 26 - Deadline for clubs to submit offer of minimum salary to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with fewer than three seasons of free agency credit whose contracts have expired.

February 27 - Veteran free agency signing period begins.

February 27 - Trading period begins.

March 22-25 - NFL Annual Meeting, Dana Point, California.

April 17 - Signing period ends for restricted free agents.

April 24 - Deadline for old club to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.

April 25-26 - NFL Draft, New York City.

May 18-20 - NFL Spring Meeting, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

June 1 - Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned unrestricted free agents to receive exclusive negotiating rights for rest of season if player is not signed by another club by July 22.

June 1 - Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned restricted free agents or to extend qualifying offer to retain exclusive negotiating rights.

June 15 - Deadline for old clubs to withdraw original qualifying offer to unsigned restricted free agents and still retain exclusive negotiating rights by substituting tender of 110 percent of previous year’s salary.

June 28-July 1 - NFL Rookie Symposium, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.

Mid-July - Training camps open

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-09-2009, 03:11 PM
To be hones with you....When i sat here a year ago and saw the 2008 schedule.... I never even thought we would make the playoffs.....(I also thought that the Titans would be our easies opponent)...

Before I make my prediction I need to see whatwe do in FA and the draft..... but i will be between 12 and 16 wins...... and ofcourse #7 Superbowl

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 04:30 PM
They'll have a first place schedule (again), but it won't be as daunting as the gauntlet of 2008.

AFC North x6.
NFC North: Vikings, Bears, Packers, Lions.
AFC West: Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, and Chiefs.
1st place opponents: Titans and Dolphins.

Dramatically "weaker" opponents. But you never know. We owe the Raiders and Broncos a beating. As well as revenge on the Titties. If Ben stays off the bike this offseason, I like our chances.

i would love to go to atleast TWO games this year. one versus the Browns in Pittsburgh and versus the Raiders in Pittsburgh. i have friends who are Cleveland and Oakland fans. i want to take them and show them how a real team functions. haha!