PDA

View Full Version : Whats the chances of the Bus returning?

clevestinks
01-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Percentages!

I would like to think its 60% he will, and 40% he won`t.
If he had already made up his mind, he would have say so. He is now kinda of hinting either way. Even Cowher said" When the time come" I think he knows his role. He is happy to be wanted and to know that he has a role. He knows Willie parker is featured. He also knows Staley is done here, I would think anyway. So I think he fills more needed now than he did last year.

Prosdo
01-02-2006, 02:40 PM
Hmm... I think it depends how far we go into the playoffs this season. He wants a championship bad. I think if we don't get it this year and he feels we have a legimate shot next year he may come back. But right now I think it's 50% - 50%.

Brady12
01-02-2006, 02:41 PM
In Madden he retired after this season, so I'm gonna say 49% he will. Madden doesn't know anything, but I put it just below half.

ngreene15
01-02-2006, 03:44 PM
If we get close to the Superbowl this year... But lose in maybe in the AFC Championship, I think he'll come back for one more year, seeing as how we were close.

But if we win the Superbowl, or lose early in the playoffs, I don't think he'll come back.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2006, 04:43 PM
I dont think he's made up his mind yet either, but even if he did he wouldnt say anything to anyone just yet about it..he wants the focus to be on the team and preparing for the playoffs.

Right now I'd say its dead even 50-50...maybe 48-51 that he will retire. It took him a long time to decide to come back after last year.

24seven
01-02-2006, 06:57 PM
I would have to say 100 percent he's not coming back if we win the Super Bowl.. If we don't.. it's over 50 percent chance he'll make 1 more shot at it.. A Super Bowl is all he's wishing for so he'll probably be basing it all on the chances of what another year would bring him.. Depending on who all we lose.. he may find our chances slim for a repeat next year.. We have such a long road ahead though.. Gotta go through Indy if we beat Cincy.. I was hoping for NE over indy so soon.. regardless I would love to see Bettis back again.. It'll be wierd not seeing him on the field anymore.. I'm not looking forward to it that's for sure..

Stlrs4Life
01-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Slim to none. He wants to spend more time with his baby.

Brady12
01-02-2006, 07:10 PM
If we get close to the Superbowl this year... But lose in maybe in the AFC Championship, I think he'll come back for one more year, seeing as how we were close.
But if we win the Superbowl, or lose early in the playoffs, I don't think he'll come back.

Just like last year hey. :smile:

Sharkissle29
01-02-2006, 07:18 PM
i dont know that i want him back next year after seeing the pain he goes through each monday morning. but he knows his body better than i do. but i definitely would not like to see him walking around in crutches when he turns into a commentator.

do it for the bus this year!!

melroseplace
01-02-2006, 08:35 PM
I think he's still undecided. but honestly, I would be really surprised to see him back next season. I think he's putting everything he has into right now and this is it.

Suitanim
01-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Zero. He will retire, and he deserves his peace and his place in Canton. 2 years ago, most of the same people clamoring for his return in 2006 were calling for his head.

SteelR1
01-02-2006, 09:58 PM
The Super Bowl will be his decision factor!!! He will certainly be in Canton 5 years after he retires!!!!

Grey
01-02-2006, 11:17 PM
The Bus will not return. There are NO signs that signal otherwise. I'm thankful for all the great years and memories that he has given us, and I'm anxiously awaiting his finale in Detroit. Three more TD's that day in Feb.? Bring it.

Fox Sport ran a feature on the Bus a few weeks back titled "Bettis' Bruises."
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5159568
After watching that video, and watching this week's send off, I don't think anyone would expect to see him next year.

Here we go.
Grey

BB2W
01-02-2006, 11:27 PM
In the post game press conference he didn't sound too convinced he would retire. I heard him say something like...

If I decide there is still some football left... I gotta get it out.

pitt
01-02-2006, 11:29 PM
It may only be wishful thinking but I think he will be back.

tony hipchest
01-02-2006, 11:30 PM
this same story was ran on jerome in the 2001 season where they sat him down and showed him current footage of earl campbell and all the physical problems he was going through. you could tell bettis was disturbed and moved. fast forward 4 years and the bus is still grinding it out. but yeah, hes probably thinking about his children and family this time and alot of good things wait for him beyond football

steelersgirl86
01-03-2006, 05:57 AM
I know we would all love to see him stay, I dont feel 100% that he is retiring. Even though I dont want him to it is probably a good time for him. Whatever the decision....Great JOB>>>

clevestinks
01-03-2006, 02:30 PM
I think he knows the Steeles situtation also, we may be down to just Willie Parker. Staley should be gone. haynes is a free agent. We could draft or pick up somebody, but as of right now there is plenty of room for the Bus, on our roster in 2006