PDA

View Full Version : Signing Day -

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
02-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Rivals.com has ranked Alabama's class #1 for the second year in a row. Scout.com ranked Ohio State's class #1.

There was some big time running back, O-Line, and DB talent in this year's pool.

revefsreleets
02-05-2009, 08:10 AM
The Buckeyes have their best recruiting class ever, IMO, even though they have no guys who were ranked in the top 25. They managed to fill their holes well, though. I'm especially interested in the RB from Coral Gables they signed...at 6'1" 235 he's supposed to be Beanie Wells II.

This is kind of a broken record now, though. The top recruiting classes are LSU, Bama, Texas, OSU, Florida and USC. It's like that every year now...

atlsteelers
02-06-2009, 09:01 AM
My view of the recruiting analysis is that the websites seem to rate the player based on which schools recruit them. Look how many top 15 classes Notre Dame has had and they still blow. Look at how lowly VaTech gets ranked every year but they win a ton of games. do not get me wrong the kids that UA and OSU recruit are studs but rivals and scout.com cannot effectively evaluate all of these players. Also they tend to rate players who have not commited higher to drive traffic to their websites so that folks can see the latest rumors. its entertaining and big money for these websites to look at these rankings and they do have some merit but overall its all guess work.

Alabama and OSU did bring in some really awesome talent and I am really happy with the kids UGA got.

GoFins11
02-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Oh I miss college football:pde:

Godfather
02-17-2009, 09:50 PM
My view of the recruiting analysis is that the websites seem to rate the player based on which schools recruit them. Look how many top 15 classes Notre Dame has had and they still blow. Look at how lowly VaTech gets ranked every year but they win a ton of games. do not get me wrong the kids that UA and OSU recruit are studs but rivals and scout.com cannot effectively evaluate all of these players. Also they tend to rate players who have not commited higher to drive traffic to their websites so that folks can see the latest rumors. its entertaining and big money for these websites to look at these rankings and they do have some merit but overall its all guess work.

Alabama and OSU did bring in some really awesome talent and I am really happy with the kids UGA got.

Yep. Rivals is notorious for adding stars to players who are seriously considering Bama (LSU fans say the player got 'gumped up', a takeoff on bumed up). There was even a service that took a star away from a prospect after he committed to Tulane.

atlsteelers
02-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Yep. Rivals is notorious for adding stars to players who are seriously considering Bama (LSU fans say the player got 'gumped up', a takeoff on bumed up). There was even a service that took a star away from a prospect after he committed to Tulane.

i have seen rivals take a star away when a kid commits early. no need to pump up a guy that does not drive traffic to their internet site i guess. the guys at rivals and scouts where just bloggers talking about recruiting now they have turned it into a big money. got hand it to them in that sense.

So godfather - hows the crawfish looking? i can not wait for them to come into season.