PDA

View Full Version : This years Steel Curtain

gosteeler
02-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I think that this years Steeler D is the Best D that has been in the league since the Steel Curtain on the 70's. I think they are better than the Bears and they are way better the the Ravens D that won the superbowl!!!

The Cardinals were the only team to get over 300 yards if I am not mistaken!!!

All the sacks we had from our LB'S, Plus the Coverage in the Secondary!!! And Nobody could run against us!!!!

And then you Have Dick Lebeau, the greatest asst. coach of all time and hall of famer!!!

the steelers played the toughest schedule this year, top teams all year, no letup's and kept everbody under 300 yds is amazing

BIGIRON98
02-04-2009, 06:56 PM

RIVERS HAD 308 YARDS

IAWarnerFan
02-04-2009, 07:05 PM
I think that this years Steeler D is the Best D that has been in the league since the Steel Curtain on the 70's. I think they are better than the Bears and they are way better the the Ravens D that won the superbowl!!!

The Cardinals were the only team to get over 400 NET yards if I am not mistaken!!!

All the sacks we had from our LB'S, Plus the Coverage in the Secondary!!! And Nobody could run against us!!!!

And then you Have Dick Lebeau, the greatest asst. coach of all time and hall of famer!!!
FTFY
Then how about also putting a passing attack that lit you up for 377 as the best passing attack since.... :noidea:

RIVERS HAD 308 YARDS

Yes, but the Chargers only had 290 NET Yards. That would be after penalties.

devilsdancefloor
02-04-2009, 07:09 PM
FTFY
Then how about also putting a passing attack that lit you up for 377 as the best passing attack since.... :noidea:

ya know at this point it could have been 4000 yds passing you LOST! and yes this defense is light years better than the cards defense the steelers did it week after week against quality Offenses!:thumbsup::tt03::tt03:

SteelCurtain7
02-04-2009, 07:09 PM
FTFY

You can quote all the stats you want, IA...we own the only important one:

Steelers 27
Cards 23

:tt:

IAWarnerFan
02-04-2009, 07:14 PM
ya know at this point it could have been 4000 yds passing you LOST! and yes this defense is light years better than the cards defense the steelers did it week after week against quality Offenses!:thumbsup::tt03::tt03:

You can quote all the stats you want, IA...we own the only important one:

Steelers 27
Cards 23

:tt:

Listen, I wasn't arguing the final result. My point was if you are giving your defense that much respect, then you are also complimenting our pass offense as well. :popcorn:

Steelersfanforlife
02-04-2009, 07:18 PM

i totally agree with you greatest defense since the 70s

Preacher
02-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Listen, I wasn't arguing the final result. My point was if you are giving your defense that much respect, then you are also complimenting our pass offense as well. :popcorn:

Based on a season's body of work, this defense is only second to the 1976 Steelers defense.

In that year, they had a team or two light them up for some big yards too.

Yes, this defense is the second best defense the Steelers have EVER fielded.

IAWarnerFan
02-04-2009, 07:21 PM
i totally agree with you greatest defense since the 70s

:thumbsup::grouphug::drink:

tony hipchest
02-04-2009, 07:24 PM
titans had 300+ too.

i think this steelers is the best since the bears who absolutely decimated their playoff opponents.

we shut ours down but played a little too much "bend but dont break".

AllD
02-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Based on a season's body of work, this defense is only second to the 1976 Steelers defense.

In that year, they had a team or two light them up for some big yards too.

Yes, this defense is the second best defense the Steelers have EVER fielded.

5 SHUTOUTS in the last 8 games. 1976 Steelers were the best and didn't win a SB because of injuries to the offense. Had 2- 1,000 rushers, but nobody to throw passes.

Just goes to show that defense wins Championships, but you also need some passing. It's an art to find the right balance of (rushing/passing) offense and defense, then make it three-dimensional with speical teams.

Fortunately looks like the Steelers are the Picasso-like team of the NFL.

IAWarnerFan
02-04-2009, 07:41 PM
5 SHUTOUTS in the last 8 games. 1976 Steelers were the best and didn't win a SB because of injuries to the offense. Had 2- 1,000 rushers, but nobody to throw passes.

Just goes to show that defense wins Championships, but you also need some passing. It's an art to find the right balance of (rushing/passing) offense and defense, then make it three-dimensional with speical teams.

Fortunately looks like the Steelers are the Picasso-like team of the NFL.

2008-09 Steelers defense with the 2008-09 Cardinals pass offense? :noidea: