PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Steeler Stats

Stevo
02-05-2009, 05:56 AM
I just wanted to share a few cools stats I have heard:

- In his 5 years in the NFL, Ben has been sacked more than any other QB. And in that time, he has won more games than any other QB in history. Plus he has two Super Bowl rings. With Big Ben, the sacks don't effect the wins.

- Of the 7 teams with the most difficult schedules in 2008, six had losing records. The Steelers won the Super Bowl.

- Six wide recievers have won the Super Bowl MVP, half of those came from the Pittsburgh Steelers (known for their defenses).

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 06:43 AM
I like these stats.

GBMelBlount
02-05-2009, 06:50 AM

- In his 5 years in the NFL, Ben has been sacked more than any other QB. And in that time, he has won more games than any other QB in history. Plus he has two Super Bowl rings. With Big Ben, the sacks don't effect the wins.

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess we can load up on a few more receivers, running backs and linebackers in this years draft...... :chuckle:

Those are neat stats though. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
02-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Very nice! :applaudit:

Just goes to show you how tough Ben is and how he will do just about anything to get 'r done. :thumbsup: With regard to our rough schedule this season, those numbers speak volumes on how well-prepared and determined this team was to win the big prize. :tt02:

Stevo
02-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Something else I heard on one of the sports radio shows (from Colin Cowherd, of all people):

- Ben's passer rating in the first 3 quarters is about 70. But in the 4th quarter, it is over 110.

- In Super Bowl XLIII ( including the game on the line), when the Cardinals rushed 5 or more, he was 10/10.

stlrtruck
02-05-2009, 09:26 AM
I like this one myself (which was pointed out somewhere else but I like it none the less):

For every 7.16 Super Bowls, the Steelers have won 1.

I'd like to see that move down a little to like one for every 5!!!

CargoJon
02-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. I guess we can load up on a few more receivers, running backs and linebackers in this years draft...... :chuckle:

Those are neat stats though. :thumbsup:

I guess I wasn't the only one shocked with Mendy and Sweed last year then, huh? :drink:

drizze99
02-05-2009, 11:00 AM
I hear a lot of people including Ben shrugging off the fact that he is the most sacked QB but he really needs to watch because of all the concussions he has had in his career thus far.

SamUK
02-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Just shows the whole nation what we already know...

You can sack Big Ben time and time again, and then he will come burn you in the 4th for another Steelers win ;)

markymarc
02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Now those are some very nice stats and thanks for sharing. It also really makes you think that if NFL QBs like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady had to play behind those bad OLs what would they have done stat wise.

The Duke
02-05-2009, 06:54 PM
With Big Ben, the sacks don't effect the wins.

Yeah, that's a cool stat and all, but I still wish for a better olline. the man deserves it

Other than that, yes it's cool t have a QB that never gives up no matter how many times he is hit.

He is the symbol of toughness

VTsteel
02-05-2009, 08:22 PM

- Of the 7 teams with the most difficult schedules in 2008, six had losing records. The Steelers won the Super Bowl.

- Six wide recievers have won the Super Bowl MVP, half of those came from the Pittsburgh Steelers (known for their defenses).

Awesome! Thanks for helping to put this into perspective. :drink:

lardlad
02-05-2009, 10:42 PM

Also traditionally known for their running game.