PDA

View Full Version : NFL Live

jjpro11
02-05-2009, 03:28 PM
profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering blows.. all they've done all week is complain about the super bowl.. it has been non-stop steelers bashing and they didnt even let Merril on to defend his team from all the BS.

LukesDad88
02-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Who cares? On opening day, the Steelers get their rings, and Wingo and the others will be sitting at their set.

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Like they say where I come from, "F**K 'em."

Don't let it bother you.

fansince'76
02-05-2009, 04:09 PM
That's why I stopped watching that POS network 3 years ago in the aftermath of SB XL.

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 04:11 PM
That's why I stopped watching that POS network 3 years ago in the aftermath of SB XL.

:rofl:

lilyoder6
02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
i love the fact that they always find a fault with things.... i agree that we got away with the td celebration by holmes b/c it is a clear flag.. but they didn't see it oh well...

but they could also argue that the cards didn't win b/c kurt threw a pick 6 and fumbled and there def couldn't stop us

fansince'76
02-05-2009, 04:39 PM
i love the fact that they always find a fault with things.... i agree that we got away with the td celebration by holmes b/c it is a clear flag.. but they didn't see it oh well...

Yep, they also didn't didn't catch Adrian Wilson taking a swing at Ward, and Gandy truly only held Harrison 3 times in that game. Not to mention that they didn't bother throwing a flag on Kurt Warner when he took HIS helmet off in the field of play. Shit happens.

Sickeningly obvious Steelers bias in this game - that's why they called the hold on Hartwig in the end zone (which was EXTREMELY ticky-tack) and awarded the Cards 2 free points and possession of the ball with about 3 minutes left in the game, whereas had they not called it and let the play stand, we would have had a first down at the 20 and probably could have killed the clock from there. It's also why the refs put us in a 1st-and-20 situation with a holding call right off the bat on the ensuing drive when we were trailing 23-20 and needed at least 50 yards just for a decent FG attempt.

Yeah, the refs gave us that game. I'm so ashamed of my team. So unworthy of the six pack. :coffee:

The Duke
02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
It's sooooo good to live an ESPN-free life

you should try it....

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Yep, they also didn't didn't catch Adrian Wilson taking a swing at Ward, and Gandy truly only held Harrison 3 times in that game. Not to mention that they didn't bother throwing a flag on Kurt Warner when he took HIS helmet off in the field of play. Shit happens.

Sickeningly obvious Steelers bias in this game - that's why they called the hold on Hartwig in the end zone (which was EXTREMELY ticky-tack) and awarded the Cards 2 free points and possession of the ball with about 3 minutes left in the game, whereas had they not called it and let the play stand, we would have had a first down at the 20 and probably could have killed the clock from there. It's also why the refs put us in a 1st-and-20 situation with a holding call right off the bat on the ensuing drive when we were trailing 23-20 and needed at least 50 yards just for a decent FG attempt.

Yeah, the refs gave us that game. I'm so ashamed of my team. So unworthy of the six pack. :coffee:

And Fitz's first TD should have been called incomplete. I can't believe NO ONE is talking about that if their talking about all this other BS. That damn ball was teetering on his forearm and contacted the ground before he finally controlled it in is crotch. We weren't shown that replay until after the commercial break.

Also, Clark was clocked from behind on Boldins catch that got him to the 1 yd line. Believe they call that an "illegal block in the back" also. Anyone talking about that? Nope.

Were we up 20-7 and have the game change on a single call against us for 2 pts and a free kick? Sure did.

Did we lose that lead despite all these controversial calls? Yep.

Did we not mount a come back drive in under 2 minutes against a vastly "underrated" defense?.......a drive that started out 1st and 20???? YES! ...WE! ...DID!

Sixburgh Baby! :tt03: and there ain't sh*t anyone can say about it! :drink: :tt02:

7SteelGal43
02-06-2009, 04:22 PM

but they could also argue that the cards didn't win b/c kurt threw a pick 6 and fumbled and there def couldn't stop us

oh, you mean the same way you could argue that 2 missed field goals, a late pick thrown by Hasselchoke, letting FWP run off a 75 yrd TD run, AND getting burned on a gadget play may be why the Seasquawks lost XL ? Nah, we all know it was the refs :wink02:

Muppet13
02-06-2009, 04:25 PM
It's sooooo good to live an ESPN-free life

you should try it....

Good idea!

steelerdave1969
02-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Is It September '09 yet?

The Pittsburgh Steelers will never get any love until they are highflyin' pass oriented team like the 49ers and Cowboys were respectively in the 80's and 90's. The Rams of a few years back got all the glory for their greatest show on turf and if the Steelers had that style of team offense then they would be a good bandwagon team just like the Rams were. I used to see Rams coats and jackets everywhere when they were winning and now you dont see any of them anymore around my town like you used to. My wife came to me this morning and said they were some guys stopped her in wal-mart saying that they loved the Steelers and we have seen so many Steelers tags and coats lately she said also this morning that she didnt realize how big a following the Steelers have here in NC.