PDA

View Full Version : Whos better?

Pages : [1] 2

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 06:38 PM
I was just having a debate with a Steelers fan on the Colts board, who was saying that Ben was better than Peyton,

Now i just wonder what is the opinion of the rest of the Steeler nation,

IMO there is no question, and no disrespect to Ben hes a good QB but i mean c'mon this is Peyton Manning were talking about, 3 MVPs, SB MVP, 49 TD passes, 9 straight 4000+ yard passing seasons,

what do you all think? and please no homer glasses.

Stang909
02-05-2009, 06:54 PM
2 Super Bowls to 1 Super Bowl. Enough said. I would just like to put it out there that I am a huge Peyton Manning fan though.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 06:55 PM
2 Super Bowls to 1 Super Bowl. Enough said. I would just like to put it out there that I am a huge Peyton Manning fan though.

Yes but im not talking about which TEAM has more SBs but whos the better passer,

IMO Ben is sorta a game manager, i mean if the Steelers had Peyton with their D tell me who stops them?

stillers4me
02-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Is that Peyton with our O line?

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Is that Peyton with our O line?

Ok let me put it another way if the Colts and Steelers traded Defenses who could stop Indy? no one wede go 19-0

LukesDad88
02-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Yes but im not talking about which TEAM has more SBs but whos the better passer,

IMO Ben is sorta a game manager, i mean if the Steelers had Peyton with their D tell me who stops them?

Ben with the Colts D! :flap:

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Ben with the Colts D! :flap:

Exactly if Ben had the Colts D i bet they go 5-11 at best

stillers4me
02-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Ok let me put it another way if the Colts and Steelers traded Defenses who could stop Indy? no one wede go 19-0

So what are you trying to say? :flap:

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:02 PM
So what are you trying to say? :flap:

Im trying to say that Ben plays to not lose games, and the Steelers great D wins the games

fansince'76
02-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Peyton's a better passer, but Ben can hurt opponents in a larger variety of ways.

Texasteel
02-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Peyton would suck as a Steeler right now. If he had to face the kind of pressure Ben does he would melt like butter in the hot sun, argue that if you want to, but I've seen it happen time and time again.

Game manager? Maybe you should look at how many games he has brought us back in the last 2 minutes.

I think Payton is great, best at reading a defence I've seen in a long time, but I wouldn't trade Ben for him.

fansince'76
02-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Im trying to say that Ben plays to not lose games, and the Steelers great D wins the games

Did you bother watching that game the other night? :coffee:

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Peyton is better before the snap.
Ben is better after.
No one studies harder than Peyton.
Peyton can't keep a play alive like Ben can.
The list goes on....

They are different QB's and they are both top notch.

Harrison92
I was just having a debate with a Steelers fan on the Colts board, who was saying that Ben was better than Peyton,

Now i just wonder what is the opinion of the rest of the Steeler nation,

IMO there is no question, and no disrespect to Ben hes a good QB but i mean c'mon this is Peyton Manning were talking about, 3 MVPs, SB MVP, 49 TD passes, 9 straight 4000+ yard passing seasons,

what do you all think? and please no homer glasses.

Peyton by stats, Ben by wins and toughness:thumbsup:

The Duke
Honestly, I can't really compare the two. They are two different quarterbacks

If I was building an offense in which my qb has to pass around 70% of the time I'd take peyton. Now that doesn't mean I think ben would suck in a pass happy offense. Peyton though wouldn't survive on the steelers system. Advantage- Ben

When you talk about arm strength, accuracy, knowledge of the game....I give that to Manning, all that is important in a QB and he is probably the best at those things in the league

Thing is, when it comes down to winning, both are good at it, but ben is better in that category. There is no qb I'd take over ben when my team is down late in the game

There's my non-homer way to look at this

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Peyton would suck as a Steeler right now. If he had to face the kind of pressure Ben does he would melt like butter in the hot sun, argue that if you want to, but I've seen it happen time and time again.

Game manager? Maybe you should look at how many games he has brought us back in the last 2 minutes.

I think Payton is great, best at reading a defence I've seen in a long time, but I wouldn't trade Ben for him.

Pressure what pressure??? Peyton is the one under pressure the pressure of knowing his D sucks and he has to put up big points if he wants to win.

PisnNapalm
02-05-2009, 07:09 PM
You can keep Peyton... I'll stick with Ben. He's a Steeler at heart.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Honestly, I can't really compare the two. They are two different quarterbacks

If I was building an offense in which my qb has to pass around 70% of the time I'd take peyton. Now that doesn't mean I think ben would suck in a pass happy offense. Peyton though wouldn't survive on the steelers system. Advantage- Ben

When you talk about arm strength, accuracy, knowledge of the game....I give that to Manning, all that is important in a QB and he is probably the best at those tings in the league

Thing is, when it comes down to winning, both are good at it, but ben is better in that category. There is no qb I'd take over ben when my team is down ate in the game

There's my non-homer way to look at this

Well you win as a team, the Steelers have a better overall team than the Colts, the Colts have no run game and a suckish D, Peyton does it all

fansince'76
02-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Pressure what pressure??? Peyton is the one under pressure the pressure of knowing his D sucks and he has to put up big points if he wants to win.

If Peyton had to play behind the same OL Ben has had for the last 3 years, he'd be on IR by week 5. THAT kind of pressure. I DREAM of the day Ben can maybe line up behind an OL even HALF as good as the one Peyton is blessed with.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:11 PM
You can keep Peyton... I'll stick with Ben. He's a Steeler at heart.

Yeah im sure every Steelers fan would stick with Ben it's natural

LukesDad88
02-05-2009, 07:12 PM
It's a nonsensical debate. The question can't be answered. Ben's developed with a completely different corp of receivers, coaches, and game philosophy. But, it's one he's suited for. If Ben had Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and a more wide open passing game plan, plus the years of developing in that system, would he outperform Manning? Who knows? If Manning had Pittsburgh's corp of receivers, plus their offensive coaches and gameplanning, would he have been as successful? Who knows?

I do think that Manning wouldn't have been able to win us the game Sunday, with all the plays that #7 had to make by avoiding the rush...

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Peyton by stats, Ben by wins and toughness:thumbsup:

But like i said before a QB alone does not always win games, the Steelers have a great D the Colts do not, the Steelers have a good run game the Colts do not

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:13 PM
It's a nonsensical debate. The question can't be answered. Ben's developed with a completely different corp of receivers, coaches, and game philosophy. But, it's one he's suited for. If Ben had Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and a more wide open passing game plan, plus the years of developing in that system, would he outperform Manning? Who knows? If Manning had Pittsburgh's corp of receivers, plus their offensive coaches and gameplanning, would he have been as successful? Who knows?

I do think that Manning wouldn't have been able to win us the game Sunday, with all the plays that #7 had to make by avoiding the rush...

That's due to the o-line

but yeah i would have to agree

Texasteel
02-05-2009, 07:13 PM

OK I will try and be clearer. You put a defender in Paytons face and he will wilt, he has before, he will again.

It sound to me that you want to compare defences, not QB. In that case I agree, ours is much much better.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Peyton is better before the snap.
Ben is better after.
No one studies harder than Peyton.
Peyton can't keep a play alive like Ben can.
The list goes on....

They are different QB's and they are both top notch.

Huh? how so...

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:14 PM
OK I will try and be clearer. You put a defender in Paytons face and he will wilt, he has before, he will again.

It sound to me that you want to compare defences, not QB. In that case I agree, ours is much much better.

That's not Peyton's game

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Huh? how so...

Well, what's Peyton do that's so special after the snap? Most of Peytons game is prior to the snap making adjustments and changing protections or faking that that's what he's doing. Like Tom Brady, if you get to him he becomes Dave Brown. Not like those two, if you pressure Ben you're probably going to pay for it at least half the time (75% of the time if you actually touch him).

Texasteel
02-05-2009, 07:17 PM
That's not Peyton's game

And you asking to compare two different style QBs. For the Steelers I would stick with Ben.

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 07:18 PM
That's not Peyton's game

THAT'S "how so."

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Well, what's Peyton do that's so special after the snap? Most of Peytons game is prior to the snap making adjustments and changing protections or faking that that's what he's doing. Like Tom Brady, if you get to him he becomes Dave Brown. Not like those two, if you pressure Ben you're probably going to pay for it at least half the time (75% of the time if you actually touch him).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZaiXzfZ50w

There and they are all after the snap, some even out of the pocket

fansince'76
02-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Shoulda figured there was an alterior motive to your coming here.

steelreserve
02-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Ben, because he's not quite the playoff choke artist that Manning is. I don't care what your stats are in the regular season -- if you have a career losing record in the playoffs after that many appearances, I don't want you on my team. In fact, except for the Super Bowl season, Manning has been downright abysmal in the playoffs.

So ... as long as we're not playing fantasy football, I'd take Ben every time. There's a reason the fantasy football season ends in Week 16.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Shoulda figured there was an alterior motive to your coming here.

Afraid of a bit of discussion??? isnt that why we join forums???

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Ben, because he's not quite the playoff choke artist that Manning is. I don't care what your stats are in the regular season -- if you have a career losing record in the playoffs after that many appearances, I don't want you on my team. In fact, except for the Super Bowl season, Manning has been downright abysmal in the playoffs.

So ... as long as we're not playing fantasy football, I'd take Ben every time. There's a reason the fantasy football season ends in Week 16.

Manning doesent choke, the entire team chokes

fansince'76
02-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Afraid of a bit of discussion???

What discussion? You think Peyton is better by a long shot, and most of the folks here would take Ben due to his postseason record. I see nothing but the potential for a 30+ page circle jerk here - "Peyton's better," "Ben's better," "Peyton's better," "Ben's better".... What's the point?

ajs8207
02-05-2009, 07:27 PM
I might take Peyton in the regular season, but in big games, I'm taking Ben. Your argument could go against you as well. Give Peyton our defense all you want, but how about you give Ben 3 great wide receivers, and a great offensive line. Imagine Ben having a great offensive line, and how deadly he would be.

iloveben7
02-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Peyton is all about stats, but I'd take Ben anyday because he wins and that's all that really matters.

IndyColtsSBXLI
see heres the thread on it, just wanted some other Steelers fans opinions
http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?t=40026

Fire Haley
Afraid of a bit of discussion????

As long as you bow down to the Mighty 6 Time Super Bowl Champs Steelers, we should get along just fine.

:tt02:

IndyColtsSBXLI
What discussion? You think Peyton is better by a long shot, and most of the folks here would take Ben due to his postseason record. I see nothing but the potential for a 30+ page circle jerk here - "Peyton's better," "Ben's better," "Peyton's better," "Ben's better".... What's the point?

Just talking calm down sonny have a cola:applaudit:

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Peyton is all about stats, but I'd take Ben anyday because he wins and that's all that really matters.

So it's just Ben that wins? his D and running game has nothing to do with it?

SteelCityKing
02-05-2009, 07:30 PM
i'm going with Ben on the simple fact that it didn't take him as long of a period of time to prove himself to be a great QB. his 15-1rookie year. his FIRST Super Bowl in his 2nd year. he already had a horrible season. his playoff bout and his 2nd title. Peyton has one title and a lot of endorsements. he's a media profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter who surprisingly enough lives a near drama free life in the media. but i'm tired of seeing his ugly mug plastered on every commercial. he's a good QB...Ben is better.

IndyColtsSBXLI
I might take Peyton in the regular season, but in big games, I'm taking Ben. Your argument could go against you as well. Give Peyton our defense all you want, but how about you give Ben 3 great wide receivers, and a great offensive line. Imagine Ben having a great offensive line, and how deadly he would be.

I think Ben would suck with a good o-line, he wants to get out of the pocket to much

fansince'76
Just talking calm down sonny have a cola:applaudit:

Best watch your tone there, champ.

MACH1
Manning doesent choke, the entire team chokes

Seems to me he chokes in the playoffs. 1 SB in 11 years compared to 2 in 5. No comparison there.

Stlrs4Life
02-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Too close, hard to tell, but as of now for experience, I would say Peytoj has the edge. Not by much.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Best watch your tone there, champ.

What is your problem?, have another Cola, or maybe a dew?

fansince'76
02-05-2009, 07:33 PM
What is your problem?, have another Cola, or maybe a dew?

Do you want to get shown the door? Knock it off.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Do you want to get shown the door? Knock it off.

Im sorry i did not think i have done anything to warrent this

Texasteel
02-05-2009, 07:34 PM
If you guys haven't seen it yet, we have a troll.

MDSteel15
It's been said already in here, but they are 2 different QBs! Peyton is a pocket passer that has an offensive line that protects him very well. Ben does excellent out of the pocket because his line couldn't pass block for my high school team!!!! What everyone here besides you are saying is that if we had Peyton's o-line, the Steelers would go 19-0..... :thumbsup:

SteelCityKing
I think Ben would suck with a good o-line, he wants to get out of the pocket to much

Ben wants to get out of the pocket. how is that a bad thing? he's looking for a better play than what he had IN the pocket.

Peyton just loves to waste time calling audibles and moving his hands around like he's just waving to all the Peyton lovers. maybe he is changing to play and reading the defense, but he's wasting time when Ben takes the time and does what he does to make plays.

IndyColtsSBXLI

Based on what?

xFreeWord420x
02-05-2009, 07:35 PM
First off, to compare either of them is a hard thing to do. Two completely different types of QBs. Now, know when I say this, it isn't a biased opinion because I am a steelers fan.. This is an opinion of a football fan.

I would rather take Ben. Peyton Manning is intelligent as hell, and has a great head on his shoulders; But he lacks the ability to scramble, or even get knocked around. Teams have showed this many times, including the Steelers. Ben might not have the statistics that Manning has, but he also doesn't have the line, and hasnt always had the play makers Manning has.

Two years ago, I would have easily chose Manning, due to the fact that Ben was relying solely on our OC to call plays. Now, with the experience he has, and the studying he has done, he is now a smart QB, as well as an Athletic QB.

Another fact is that Ben is pretty damn consistent at coming through, and doing what needs to be done.

To put it in a perspective like that other guy.

Put Ben behind Colts O-Line, see what happens.

Put Manning behind our O-Line, see what happens.

SteelCityKing
02-05-2009, 07:35 PM

oh yeah...big time. the funny thing is, he's an Indy Troll. not a Cardinals of AFC North Rival Troll! haha!

his opinion has NO context in recent events...period.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:36 PM
First off, to compare either of them is a hard thing to do. Two completely different types of QBs. Now, know when I say this, it isn't a biased opinion because I am a steelers fan.. This is an opinion of a football fan.

I would rather take Ben. Peyton Manning is intelligent as hell, and has a great head on his shoulders; But he lacks the ability to scramble, or even get knocked around. Teams have showed this many times, including the Steelers. Ben might not have the statistics that Manning has, but he also doesn't have the line, and hasnt always had the play makers Manning has.

Two years ago, I would have easily chose Manning, due to the fact that Ben was relying solely on our OC to call plays. Now, with the experience he has, and the studying he has done, he is now a smart QB, as well as an Athletic QB.

Another fact is that Ben is pretty damn consistent at coming through, and doing what needs to be done.

To put it in a perspective like that other guy.

Put Ben behind Colts O-Line, see what happens.

Put Manning behind our O-Line, see what happens.

Very true but as you say they play 2 different games

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:37 PM
oh yeah...big time. the funny thing is, he's an Indy Troll. not a Cardinals of AFC North Rival Troll! haha!

his opinion has NO context in recent events...period.

All's i did was ask a question... *sigh*

Steeldude
here is my answer as an unbiased steelers' fan.

manning is a better passer than BR.

marino is a better passer than both.

SteelCityKing
Very true but as you say they play 2 different games

...and Ben clearly plays the better of the 2 games.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:38 PM
here is my answer as of the few unbiased steelers' fans on this board.

Possibly true

SteelCityKing
here is my answer as of the few unbiased steelers' fans on this board.

look at you bringing up old sh*t! haha!

IndyColtsSBXLI
...and Ben clearly plays the better of the 2 games.

Clearly eh? based on what?

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 07:39 PM
i think Peyton Manning is a great QB who will be in the Hall of fame some day. right now i would say Big Ben is better but when their careers are over, i think Peyton will be better

SteelCityKing
02-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Clearly eh? based on what?

clearly based on the fact that Ben has done what Peyton couldn't. Ben has 2 Super Bowls in 5 years. Peyton has 1 Super Bowl in 11. Ben has matured beyond his years in last few season. Peyton is just fermenting in his own ego by trying to sell me Gatorade, insurance, tampons, and finger nail clippers. Peyton is a tool.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:41 PM
But serously though, not trying to stir the pot, we were having the discussion on Colts.com

http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?t=40026

Harrison92
02-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Peyton has trouble when he is pressured just like most QB's but Ben has that natural gift of "backyard football" where he can make something out of nothing kinda lick McNair was.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:42 PM
clearly based on the fact that Ben has done what Peyton couldn't. Ben has 2 Super Bowls in 5 years. Peyton has 1 Super Bowl in 11. Ben has matured beyond his years in last few season. Peyton is just fermenting in his own ego by trying to sell me Gatorade, insurance, tampons, and finger nail clippers. Peyton is a tool.

You mean Based on the fact that the Steelers D won a SB don't you

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Peyton has trouble when he is pressured just like most QB's but Ben has that natural gift of "backyard football" where he can make something out of nothing kinda lick McNair was.

Yes it's something that i love about him

iloveben7
02-05-2009, 07:46 PM
So it's just Ben that wins? his D and running game has nothing to do with it?

it's a team effort, so of course they have something to do with it, but Ben won that game for us on Sunday as well as his other 5 4th quarter comebacks this season. and we've practically been without a running game the majority of the season. but that's how QB's and coaches are judged by their wins. could Peyton win that much with our o-line? I highly doubt it. I don't really care what your opinion is though because Ben has 2 rings and Peyton only has 1.

fansince'76

The D didn't win that game the other night.

SteelCityKing

Ben led the Steelers to both of those victories and leading them through the playoffs as well. the defense is a force to be reckoned with and they made some crucial plays throughout to get the team to where they needed to be. so, YES, the defense helped out while Ben took charge.

the ONLY thing i'll take Peyton over Ben for...is Peyton hosting Saturday Night Live. that was hilarious. =)

iloveben7

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

fansince'76
02-05-2009, 07:47 PM
the ONLY thing i'll take Peyton over Ben for...is Peyton hosting Saturday Night Live. that was hilarious. =)

Peyton IS funny. I gotta give him that.

http://www.funnyvideostop.com/snl-peyton-manning-united-way/

:toofunny:

SteelCityKing
02-05-2009, 07:47 PM

also, would it hurt for you to learn to use some puncuation from time to time? you type like Christopher Walken is sending a text message. =)

jjpro11
02-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Ben is a better winner. Peyton is a better passer. there, it's settled.

SteelCityKing
02-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Peyton IS funny. I gotta give him that.

there is a big article in the last Sports Illustrated about why he's so funny. i didn't read it...but i'm sure it explains why he's so funny. haha!

i LOVE that commercial with Dale Earnhardt and the mascot wigging out when the guy buying the big screen announces he doesn't even watch sports! haha!

SteelCityKing
02-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Ben is a better winner. Peyton is a better passer. there, it's settled.

thank you. nap time.

Steelcitygal87
02-05-2009, 07:53 PM

I think I understand what you are saying there.....

Since a major part of Ben's game is his athletic ability to get out of the pocket and extend the play, if he had a stronger offensive line in front of him protecting him better so he would not feel the need to scramble all the time...could he get the job done by standing in there and delivering the ball down field? Since you believe Peyton to be the better pure passer, Ben would struggle because he is so used to doing what he does best...getting out of the pocket...making plays. He is the backyard football type player...so being confined to the pocket...standing in there and delivering the ball, you see him as struggling with that? No, I do NOT think he would suck at all, but it would be interesting to see how his game would change. I actually don't think he throws that great of a long ball...has a habit of overthrowing quite a bit.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:54 PM
I think I understand what you are saying here....

Since a major part of Ben's game is his athletic ability to get out of the pocket and extend the play, if he had a stronger offensive line in front of him protecting him better so he would not feel the need to scramble all the time...could he get the job done by standing in there and delivering the ball down field? Since you believe Peyton to be the better pure passer, Ben would struggle because he is so used to doing what he does best...getting out of the pocket...making plays. No, I do NOT think he would suck at all, but it would be interesting to see how his game would change. I actually don't think he throws that great of a long ball...has a habit of overthrowing quite a bit.

Did I understand you correctly?

I beleve so

lilyoder6
02-05-2009, 07:55 PM
they are both great winners..it just happens that the colts rly never had a good def...

peyton is a great pocket passer and he obv has the edge over ben.. but Ben is better improvising and making plays out of the pocket...

it's very hard 2 get 2 peyton but when he is forced out of the pocket he is not that good

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 07:56 PM
they are both great winners..it just happens that the colts rly never had a good def...

peyton is a great pocket passer and he obv has the edge over ben.. but Ben is better improvising and making plays out of the pocket...

it's very hard 2 get 2 peyton but when he is forced out of the pocket he is not that good

I agree with this post

Stylez1877
02-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Do me a favor and show these stats to that Colts board.

Point Situation Att Comp Pct Yds Avg Lng TD Int 1st 1st% 20+ Sck Rate
Big Ben
Behind by 1-8 Points 27 22 81.5 282 10.4 47 2 1 11 40.7 3 6 119.4
Peyton
Behind by 1-8 Points 72 48 66.7 539 7.5 75 5 2 28 38.9 4 3 100.4

Big Ben
Behind by 1-8 Points 73 50 68.5 576 7.9 32 8 1 35 47.9 6 8 122.9
Peyton
Behind by 1-8 Points 39 26 66.7 290 7.4 39 2 3 13 33.3 4 1 73.7

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Do me a favor and show these stats to that Colts board.

Point Situation Att Comp Pct Yds Avg Lng TD Int 1st 1st% 20+ Sck Rate
Big Ben
Behind by 1-8 Points 27 22 81.5 282 10.4 47 2 1 11 40.7 3 6 119.4
Peyton
Behind by 1-8 Points 72 48 66.7 539 7.5 75 5 2 28 38.9 4 3 100.4

Big Ben
Behind by 1-8 Points 73 50 68.5 576 7.9 32 8 1 35 47.9 6 8 122.9
Peyton
Behind by 1-8 Points 39 26 66.7 290 7.4 39 2 3 13 33.3 4 1 73.7

You do realise that Peyton is the master of the Comeback, 15 point comeback on the Vikes, the legandary Houston Comeback,

Not to mention Peyton beat the Steelers this year

Oh and if you want to post it's easy to join!

SteelCityKing
02-05-2009, 08:02 PM
You do realise that Peyton is the master of the Comeback, 15 point comeback on the Vikes, the legandary Houston Comeback,

not to mention...it didn't matter because WE WON THE F*CKING SUPER BOWL!!! geez!!! =)

SteelCityKing
02-05-2009, 08:03 PM

dude, if you want to waste your time trying to get some sh*t started on the boards...that's fine. but please...allow me to waste my time and spellcheck the living sh*t out of your posts. holy hell man...spell something correctly!

haha!

iloveben7
02-05-2009, 08:03 PM

don't forget oreos lol

MDSteel15
02-05-2009, 08:04 PM

You do realize that since coming into the league that Ben has more come from behind wins that anybody????

So, who's the master? Sho Nuff is the master..... :thumbsup: :rofl:

http://blogs.bet.com/news/newsyoushouldknow/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/shonufffullsize.jpg

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:04 PM
dude, if you want to waste your time trying to get some sh*t started on the boards...that's fine. but please...allow me to waste my time and spellcheck the living sh*t out of your posts. holy hell man...spell something correctly!

haha!

Do you have to act like a B**ch? just because i can't spell that well god!

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:05 PM
You do realize that since coming into the league that Ben has more come from behind wins that anybody????

So, who's the master? Sho Nuff is the master..... :thumbsup: :rofl:

This is very untrue

SteelCityKing
02-05-2009, 08:05 PM
don't forget oreos lol

"oh man...i got blimp in my milk!" haha!

that's a classic. i did enjoy that. they should do another one with the Barber Brothers or the Olsen Twins.

SteelCityKing
02-05-2009, 08:06 PM
This is very untrue

you sure now how to argue your point. next thing you'll hear come out of your mouth it, "NO! you're the doodyhead!" ha!

iloveben7
02-05-2009, 08:06 PM

wow one game. IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! Peyton was sitting on his butt watching the playoffs while Ben was making plays and them. oh and I think we won the Superbowl

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:07 PM
you sure now how to argue your point. next thing you'll hear come out of your mouth it, "NO! you're the doodyhead!" ha!

You mean KNOW

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZaiXzfZ50w

There and they are all after the snap, some even out of the pocket

Can't watch your video from where I am. Look, you asked for opinions. You are not going to change my mind. They are different animals in different systems. Systems design for each their strengths.

I can't believe this has gone to 10 pages. :noidea:

:coffee:

MDSteel15
02-05-2009, 08:08 PM
This is very untrue

Look it up! They couldn't help but keep mentioning that during the final minutes of the Super Bowl.....

SteelCityKing
You mean KNOW

i meant what i said. and besides, i type too fast sometimes. =)

IndyColtsSBXLI
Look it up! They couldn't help but keep mentioning that during the final minutes of the Super Bowl.....

Peyton has led 25 + i believe

NJarhead
You mean KNOW

Grammar smack? really man? So, is this your first experience in a forum?

MDSteel15
02-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, his entire career! Since 2004, when Ben entered the league, he has more than anybody!

IndyColtsSBXLI
i meant what i said. and besides, i type too fast sometimes. =)

Spell something right!

haha irony

SteelCityKing
Can't watch your video from where I am. Look, you asked for opinions. You are not going to change my mind. They are different animals in different systems. Systems design for each their strengths.

holy crap! i wasn't even paying attention. but this is a super hot thread filled with a whole lot of nothingness. oh well, i guess i'll ride it out. =)

VTsteel
02-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Ben > Peyton
Wins > Yards

It may not be pretty . . . but a win is a win is a win.

IndyColtsSBXLI
Grammar smack? really man? So, is this your first experience in a forum?

He insulted my grammer just some irony

fansince'76

See my "circle jerk (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=558073#post558073)" comment from page 4. :coffee:

SteelCityKing
02-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Spell something right!

haha irony

i don't think that is really the definition of "irony."

irony is getting your eyeball poked out by a pair of safety glasses. irony is your house burning down to the ground because the smoke detector caught on fire.

you're definition of irony in this situation is "thank god he spelled something wrong...now i can make fun of him for being an idiot too. just like me!" LOL!

dash66
02-05-2009, 08:11 PM
just adding my two cents worth. Payton does not do well when facing serious pass rushes, as evidenced by the first half of the steelers 5th superbowl run. At that point the steelers were consistantly getting to Payton, and he was obviously flustered. Just watch some of the footage of that game, and you can see the panic on his face when the defense is coming for him.

On the other hand, I don't know that I've seen any looks of panic in BR's face in the midst of a strong pass rush.

That said, I think both are outstanding QB's, and if they keep playing like they are, I think both will be going to the Hall of Fame. They play completely different styles however, so even once both have retired, I think that you won't be able to pick one over the other. They are like apples and oranges.

By the way, Indycolts, you sure can start trouble can't you! :laughing:

TailgateMel
02-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Who is a better passer?
Peyton

Who is a better QUARTERBACK?
Big Ben

iloveben7
This is very untrue

how?
Ben has 19 in his career (including that amazing one in the Superbowl), while Peyton only has 31 in his 11 year career. Ben is on track to have more than that. I don't have the exact stats, but I believe Peyton hasn't had 19 in the past 5 seasons

SteelCityKing
See my "circle jerk (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=558073#post558073)" comment from page 4. :coffee:

thank you for telling me where it was...i tried to search "jerk" in the forum search section and IndyColtsSBXLI's name came up. =)

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:13 PM
how?
Ben has 19 in his career (including that amazing one in the Superbowl), while Peyton only has 31 in his 11 year career. Ben is on track to have more than that. I don't have the exact stats, but I believe Peyton hasn't had 19 in the past 5 seasons

Someone said that he already had it

iloveben7
02-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Ben > Peyton
Wins > Yards

It may not be pretty . . . but a win is a win is a win.

exactly

2 rings > 1 ring

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:14 PM
thank you for telling me where it was...i tried to search "jerk" in the forum search section and IndyColtsSBXLI's name came up. =)

Get some maturity brotha

iloveben7
02-05-2009, 08:15 PM

i was just posting the stats for ya

BehindSteelCurtain
For the regular season: Peyton

Postseason: Big Ben

MDSteel15

No I didn't, I said since he came into the league... Learn to read!

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 08:16 PM

:chuckle:

Yes I did. I'm almost caught up.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:17 PM
No I didn't, I said since he came into the league... Learn to read!

Whatever:blah:

MDSteel15
02-05-2009, 08:17 PM
And besides, Brett Farve has 49 for All-time total.....

MDSteel15
02-05-2009, 08:18 PM

F'in troll.... :coffee:

SteelCityKing
Get some maturity brotha

first off, we are NOT "brothas" nor are we "brothers." so, for your sake, don't get it twisted.

secondly, you came in for a debate and you are posting nothing but simple answers that have no depth nor do they have any substance that could be on the ground for such a debate. you came in lighting fires and instead of me repeatedly stating the obvious assestment that "Ben Roethlisberger is a better quarterback than Peyton Manning" i decide to give you a taste of your own medicine. not in a malicious way, but in a fun way. a poking fun kind of way.

with that said, thirdly, i'm just picking on you dude. chill. =)

IndyColtsSBXLI
F'in troll.... :coffee:

Based on?

NJarhead

Wait, you came to a Steelers forum and asked them if they thought your QB was better than thier QB who just days ago engineered a top notch game winning drive in the Super Bowl to claim his 2nd title in 4 years.....and now you're saying "blah, blah, blah?????"

Something is wrong with this picture.

iloveben7
02-05-2009, 08:19 PM
^we weren't doing all time total. it was just the most since 2004 and Ben has the most

SteelersinCA
You can have Peyton and the entirety of your team, I'll take Ben and the entirety of my team.

You are a typical opposing team fan, you want to pick and choose when stats matter, when it's a team game, when it's a solo thing. Go right ahead and waste time. It's been said many times in here and you seem to ignore the posts when they contradict and prove you wrong. But let me try one last time to summarize:

1. Peyton is a better pure QB, better mechanics, better throw, better release, better at doing the pretty things QBs do.

2. Put pressure on Peyton and he sucks, mechanics break down, stats go down, rating goes down, losses pile up.

3. Ben thrives in pressure, wins go up, rating goes up, rings go up!

4. #3 bears repeating, rings go up!!

Let's put it to you this way, would Peyton survive getting sacked 50 times like Ben did? Would Peyton have been sacked 75 times instead of 50 since Ben is a beast to bring down? I think if you put Peyton on the Steelers he puts up worse numbers than Ben.

Put Ben on the Colts, yuck, and I doubt he has the numbers Peyton does. Where does that leave us? Everyone is happy, you take Peyton and 1 ring in 11 yrs and we'll take Ben 2 rings in 5 years. Yay! Everyone is happy.

Oh by the way, you said no homer glasses, I'm waiting for you to take yours off and say 1 good thing about Ben. I'll come back in 10 pages and see if you do....:wave:

IndyColtsSBXLI
first off, we are NOT "brothas" nor are we "brothers." so, for your sake, don't get it twisted.

secondly, you came in for a debate and you are posting nothing but simple answers that have no depth nor do they have any substance that could be on the ground for such a debate. you came in lighting fires and instead of me repeatedly stating the obvious assestment that "Ben Roethlisberger is a better quarterback than Peyton Manning" i decide to give you a taste of your own medicine. not in a malicious way, but in a fun way. a poking fun kind of way.

with that said, thirdly, i'm just picking on you dude. chill. =)

Very well, truce?

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:20 PM
^we weren't doing all time total. it was just the most since 2004 and Ben has the most

Oh ok...

MDSteel15
Based on you're being a dick towards people that are having a calm conversation other than one person... Can't talk nicely, go back to the loser board!

SteelCityKing
Very well, truce?

truce.

now go home and play with your dolls you pansy ass momma's boy!!! haha! kidding dude. i owed you one.

MDSteel15
02-05-2009, 08:21 PM

I know, bro.. That's what I tried to tell him!

SteelCityKing
i think he's trying to get the record for most posts with the least amount of words possible. hell, we can ALL do that. but i won't waste my time. =)

IndyColtsSBXLI
Based on you're being a dick towards people that are having a calm conversation other than one person... Can't talk nicely, go back to the loser board!

What? how so???

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:22 PM
i think he's trying to get the record for most posts with the least amount of words possible. hell, we can ALL do that. but i won't waste my time. =)

Typing hurts my fingers:chuckle:

MDSteel15
02-05-2009, 08:23 PM
This forum sucks, I don't need to argue 2 rings to 1... Time for the draft!

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Based on?

What? how so???

Again:
Wait, you came to a Steelers forum and asked them if they thought your QB was better than thier QB who just days ago engineered a top notch game winning drive in the Super Bowl to claim his 2nd title in 4 years.....and now you're saying "blah, blah, blah?????"

Something is wrong with this picture.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Again:

I was just messing with the smily

iloveben7
02-05-2009, 08:25 PM
I know, bro.. That's what I tried to tell him!

yeah he just won't understand

oh well I'm done.

Steelersfanforlife

its not all about the rings

IndyColtsSBXLI
yeah he just won't understand

oh well I'm done.

I said OH OK what more do you want?

iloveben7
02-05-2009, 08:26 PM

he obviously must have failed math class
2>1

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:26 PM

Best post in the thread!

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:27 PM
he obviously must have failed math class
2>1

C'mon are all these personal attacks necessary?

NJarhead
I was just messing with the smily

:doh: :noidea:

"Geez, you have to be a magician anymore to keep a kids attention."
-Froghorn Leghorn

dash66
Holy cow folks, some of you really need to chill out. This is discussion about QBs, not about how best to cook kittens (my personal preference is grilled with a bit of hot sauce) No need to get this fired up about it. :grouphug:

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 08:29 PM

Best post in the thread!

I disagree. If it's not all about the rings, then what is it all about?

"HELLO!!!! You PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"
-Herm Edwards.

SteelCityKing
02-05-2009, 08:30 PM

honestly, if it's not about the rings...then what do these guys play for? 2 rings versus 1 ring isn't a big deal. but the time it took for them to get those rings is what defines these player and separates them from one another.

the rings ARE important. the stats are. their personas are. they way they play the game is the biggest deal of them all. i sit there and debate in my own head and i still...STILL have to side with Ben on this one.

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Holy cow folks, some of you really need to chill out. This is discussion about QBs, not about how best to cook kittens (my personal preference is grilled with a bit of hot sauce) No need to get this fired up about it. :grouphug:

Dude, you've been here since January of 2007 and you only have 14 posts???? :laughing:

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 08:32 PM
I disagree. If it's not all about the rings, then what is it all about?

"HELLO!!!! You PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"
-Herm Edwards.

the rings are important but also look at the stats which Manning and Big Ben had this season.

SteelersinCA
02-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Dude, you've been here since January of 2007 and you only have 14 posts???? :laughing:

:toofunny:

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:33 PM
the rings are important but also look at the stats which Manning and Big Ben had this season.

Im liking you!:hug:

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Exactly if Ben had the Colts D i bet they go 5-11 at bestand if peyton played behind the steelers oline his completion percentage is about 48 %

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Im liking you!:hug:

Thanks i guess but remember i will always be a Steelers fan but i do think the Colts are a great team

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 08:36 PM

I hate stats (for the most part). Championships are the one universal reference to which ALL players at ALL positions (especially QB) are measured. It is also the common goal of 32 sets of 53 every single year, not records or stats but the Lombardi Trophy. Anything else is either a consollation prize or a bonus.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks i guess but remember i will always be a Steelers fan but i do think the Colts are a great team

I know but ive been saying the same thing that you said in that post forever

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 08:38 PM
I hate stats (for the most part). Championships are the one universal reference to which ALL players at ALL positions (especially QB) are measured. It is also the common goal of 32 sets of 53 every single year, not records or stats but the Lombardi Trophy. Anything else is either a consollation prize or a bonus.

don't get me wrong i think Big Ben is one of the greatest QBs out there right now.:tt:

drizze99
02-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Funny how this topic has come up on our forum...

I listen to Sirius NFL radio from about 8:30 AM until 6:30 PM and that allows me to listen to a bunch of knowledgeable "Football people" and this very topic came up this week.

Now, you have come here and asked Steeler Nation who we think is better and we want Ben. What do you think the guys on Sirius said? Ben.... That's right, they list Ben as the #2 QB in the NFL right now. Why? Because the ONLY stat that counts is WINS.

Right now, Brady and Big Ben are the ONLY active NFL QB's with multiple SB wins. That my friend trumps any "fluffy" stat that Peyton puts up in the reg season.

Ben is also the winningest QB in NFL history for the first 5 seasons. That's the stat that counts buddy.

1) Brady
2) Ben
3) Peyton

That's how the guys at Sirius rank them and I think that is fair. I know we (Steeler Nation) would not trade Ben for any other QB in the NFL. He is by far the best improvisational QB in the NFL and IF Coach T builds an Oline like the Giants, have pity for the NFL because Ben will pick apart every team in the NFL.

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 08:42 PM
don't get me wrong i think Big Ben is one of the greatest QBs out there right now.:tt:

I just disagree about the whole stats thing. They never tell the whole story. Give me that Lombardi anyday.

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Okay, this thread should never have gone past page 2. It is now page 16!!! My work is done here so I will be off like a prom dress.
Buh bye

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 08:45 PM
I just disagree about the whole stats thing. They never tell the whole story. Give me that Lombardi anyday.

your right considering Big Bens stats in Superbowl XL

drizze99
02-05-2009, 08:48 PM

.... and you're a troll :troll:

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2009, 08:49 PM
I just disagree about the whole stats thing. They never tell the whole story. Give me that Lombardi anyday.but should a player be viewed any less because they're not wearing the jewelry? marino? tony gonzalez? barry sanders?.... i don't think a players accomplishments should be diminished because they played for a crappy team..... if anything, they should be highlighted ...BECAUSE, they were great without a supporting cast. would anyone ever be talking about montana if he spent his carrear with the lions?

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:50 PM

*Sigh* everyone with a different opinion is not a troll

Acerero'1972
02-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Big Ben is the best

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 08:55 PM

just to let you know i hate trolls and never would be one

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 08:56 PM
but should a player be viewed any less because they're not wearing the jewelry? marino? tony gonzalez? barry sanders?.... i don't think a players accomplishments should be diminished because they played for a crappy team..... if anything, they should be highlighted ...BECAUSE, they were great without a supporting cast. would anyone ever be talking about montana if he spent his carrear with the lions?

No, but it's STILL all about that ring. I'll bet all of those players you mentioned would be hard pressed to consider it a totally successful career because that goal was not reached.

Conversely you won't hear anyone saying that yea they got the ring, but didn't 1,000 yards that one year, etc.

The goal is always a Championship.

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2009, 08:56 PM
my dog would kick your dogs ass....:coffee:

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 08:57 PM
my dog would kick your dogs ass....:coffee:

Like hell i got a pot bull:flap:

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 08:57 PM

Why is he a troll?

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Like hell i got a pot bull:flap:

A pot bull? Is that like a degenerate fighter dog that got too fat on munchies? ...or something?

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2009, 08:59 PM
No, but it's STILL all about that ring. I'll bet all of those players you mentioned would be hard pressed to consider it a totally successful career because that goal was not reached.

Conversely you won't hear anyone saying that yea they got the ring, but didn't 1,000 yards that one year, etc.

The goal is always a Championship.well of course thats the goal....but it certainly isn't the defining point of ones carrear.... two names come to mind.....marino...dilfer.

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 09:00 PM

Troll says what? :chuckle:

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Troll says what? :chuckle:

The troll said "Troll says what? :chuckle"

:sofunny:

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 09:03 PM
well of course thats the goal....but it certainly isn't the defining point of ones carrear.... two names come to mind.....marino...dilfer.

Now see, I never said that. Someone earlier said, "it's not all about the rings." And I said "Like Hell!"

Dilfer? He's got a ring.

Marino will always be looked as the best QB to never win a SB. They have a special on the NFL network entitled just that. He'll be remembered but with that little tag on him.

tony hipchest
02-05-2009, 09:07 PM
*Sigh* everyone with a different opinion is not a trollunfortunately youre gonna hear some of that around here. peyton is a great passer and student of the game. i expect him to eclipse marinos numbers.

ive always said he was better than brady, so i gotta remain consistant. its almost apples and oranges because the rooneys focus on defense whereas the colts are geared towards offense.

with that being said, i dont think marino would trade his life and his career with trent dilfer and his measley little espn gig anyday.

ben will never have the surgical precision on a deep ball (almost though) and manning will never have the houdini escapability of ben. :noidea:

when they are both in the hall of fame, it wont say who was better. right now, bradshaw is better than them both.

drizze99
02-05-2009, 09:09 PM
He just joined and already pointed out Ben's stats in SB XL. Collectively his answers don't sound like a true Steeler fan. I could be wrong and if I am I will apologize but right now I think he is a troll. Time will tell...

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
He just joined and already pointed out Ben's stats in SB XL. Collectively his answers don't sound like a true Steeler fan. I could be wrong and if I am I will apologize but right now I think he is a troll. Time will tell...

Oh so a realist is now not a true fan...

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 09:12 PM
unfortunately youre gonna hear some of that around here. peyton is a great passer and student of the game. i expect him to eclipse marinos numbers.

ive always said he was better than brady, so i gotta remain consistant. its almost apples and oranges because the rooneys focus on defense whereas the colts are geared towards offense.

with that being said, i dont think marino would trade his life and his career with trent dilfer and his measley little espn gig anyday.

ben will never have the surgical precision on a deep ball (almost though) and manning will never have the houdini escapability of ben. :noidea:

when they are both in the hall of fame, it wont say who was better. right now, bradshaw is better than them both.

Of course not, but would he trade most (if not all) of his records for a Super Bowl ring? I honestly think he would.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Of course not, but would he trade most (if not all) of his records for a Super Bowl ring? I honestly think he would.

I very seriously doubt it

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I very seriously doubt it

REALLY??? I think that's nuts. I wish we could ask him.

drizze99
02-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Listen, I broke it down for you already. Ben is a winner and ALWAYS has been since HS.

Peyton wins in the reg season and then CHOKES in the big games and that is from HS thru college and the pros.

That SB is the first championship that he has won in his life. I don't see any more in his future.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Listen, I broke it down for you already. Ben is a winner and ALWAYS has been since HS.

Peyton wins in the reg season and then CHOKES in the big games and that is from HS thru college and the pros.

That SB is the first championship that he has won in his life. I don't see any more in his future.

wanna bet cash on that?

PAMillerGrrl83
02-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Lord have mercy, people seriousley this is getting ridiculas. Their different we get that point, end it and quit acting goofy.

Benzbrother
02-05-2009, 09:20 PM

Alright well first off, I'm sick of hearing about Ben "managing" games. He had SIX fourth quarter drives to win games this year. SIX! That isn't managing a game, that is taking it over when it matters the most.

Second, its hardly fair to compare the two strictly as passers when Peyton probably averages 20 more passes than Ben per game.

Third, as somebody else already stated, Ben can beat a defense in a variety of different ways. I saw what happened to Peyton's superb skill in 2005 during the Divisional Playoff game.....we started to sack him and he was down and out of the game. Ben consistently leads the NFL in sacks, does it affect our ability to win? Not to mention the plethora of sacks Ben avoids with his legs (while also making unbelievable plays after he avoids them)

verks36
02-05-2009, 09:24 PM
i love ben

but guys come on please take off the black and gold glasses

Payton> Ben

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 09:24 PM
i love ben

Payton> Ben

Thank you freind

fansince'76
02-05-2009, 09:27 PM
i love ben

Payton> Ben

Yep, when it comes to Fantasy Football, it's no contest. If we're talking about a playoff game in January outdoors in bad weather, then it's a different story.

Benzbrother
02-05-2009, 09:28 PM
i love ben

Payton> Ben

Listen, if we are talking strictly passer. I will agree, Peyton has the edge. But when you are talking about a well-rounded quarterback that consistently comes through in the clutch and finds ways to win, I will take Ben every time.

drizze99
wanna bet cash on that?

on PM winning another SB?

IndyColtsSBXLI
Yep, when it comes to Fantasy Football, it's no contest. If we're talking about a playoff game in January outdoors in bad weather, then it's a different story.

come on bro even your own fans know it:coffee:

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 09:29 PM
on PM winning another SB?

Yes sir

drizze99
02-05-2009, 09:30 PM
i love ben

Payton> Ben

So you like all those fancy stats then? You can have them... I'll take the hardware

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Listen, if we are talking strictly passer. I will agree, Peyton has the edge. But when you are talking about a well-rounded quarterback that consistently comes through in the clutch and finds ways to win, I will take Ben every time.

Finds ways to win huh

Peyton has over 35 come from behind 4th quarter wins, oh and see Colts @ Bucs in 03

fansince'76
come on bro even your own fans know it:coffee:

Sorry, it's a fact. Take Manning out of that dome in a January playoff game and he's out of his element. :coffee:

drizze99
Yes sir

LOL, cash will never work because you'll never pay me.... thinking about it, nothing will work since we are talking over the internet

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 09:33 PM

BAM! Spot on.

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 09:34 PM
LOL, cash will never work because you'll never pay me.... thinking about it, nothing will work since we are talking over the internet

Very true... i'll change my avy to a Ben pic, if Peyton retires with only 1 ring, and you will change yours to and peyton pic, when the Colts win SB 44

tony hipchest
02-05-2009, 09:35 PM
marino is set for life.

he can golf for free wherever he goes, could have any hoe he wants. he can endorse any product he likes and can buy any piece of jewelry he wants.

trent dilfer on the other hand will probably be pawning his ring off in about 20-30 years and is just lucky to be having sean salsburys job.

dan marino is like a king in miami and pittsburgh. dilfer is probably barely recognized in baltimore and fresno(?).

i can almost say for certain, dilfer would give up his career and accomplishments and make a trade with marino in a heartbeat.

Benzbrother
Finds ways to win huh

Peyton has over 35 come from behind 4th quarter wins, oh and see Colts @ Bucs in 03

lol really? see Steelers @ Cardinals in SB XLIII. That one actually mattered

El-Gonzo Jackson
I honestly think Manning is a better overall QB, but face it. He has been playing QB his entire life.

Ben played WR in highschool and 1 year of QB, before going to Miami where he left after 3 seasons in the MAC.

Manning is better IMO, but I'll take Ben any day too!!

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 09:36 PM
lol really? see Steelers @ Cardinals in SB XLIII. That one actually mattered

23 some point comeback in the final 2 minutes > everything!

Benzbrother
02-05-2009, 09:40 PM

Really, not just trying to argue. But I would much rather take a game winning drive in a SUPER BOWL than a 4th quarter comeback in a regular season game....just sayin

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 09:42 PM
marino is set for life.

he can golf for free wherever he goes, could have any hoe he wants. he can endorse any product he likes and can buy any piece of jewelry he wants.

trent dilfer on the other hand will probably be pawning his ring off in about 20-30 years and is just lucky to be having sean salsburys job.

dan marino is like a king in miami and pittsburgh. dilfer is probably barely recognized in baltimore and fresno(?).

i can almost say for certain, dilfer would give up his career and accomplishments and make a trade with marino in a heartbeat.

Quit beating around the real topic Tony:

Records for the Ring-

I think he'd do it in a heart beat. I know he's had to comment on this at some point.

If Marino doesn't have all those records, it doesn't necessarily make him Trent Dilfer either. No, Dan Marino with good numbers, no records but a ring or two? No question.

Heck, Bens numbers aren't great either, yet he wins. Stats vs. wins is comparable to rings vs. records, no?

Records get broken. Your name on the back of the Lombardi lasts forever. I don't see any way Dan Marino wouldn't rather have been a SB champ than holder of various passing records.

The Patriot
02-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Finds ways to win huh

Yes, that's very impressive. Come on now, I know its you there, Peyton. :wave:

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Yes, that's very impressive. Come on now, I know its you there, Peyton. :wave:

:laughing:

I'm waiting for the "laser, rocket arm" comment. So far, nothing. :chuckle:

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-05-2009, 09:45 PM
I mean if you like the laser rocket arm.....opps....

crosby87penguins
02-05-2009, 09:46 PM
We have our opinion, you have yours... and nothing will really change that. Let's just say, i'd rather have Ben, a big reason being he is used to the Steelers' system, and Peyton is used to the Colts' system.

Even if it's a great Quarterback in a trade off, I still wouldn't want to trade the 2-time Super bowl champ from my favorite team. He created the memories, and since he's only 27 (in a month), he can keep em coming for sure :)

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 09:49 PM
i honestly dont give a shit how Big Ben did in either superbowls the only thing that matters is the fact that he has 2 rings right now

SteelCityMom
02-05-2009, 09:50 PM

You mean how he sucked last year when the OL was better than it was this year, or how he sucked his rookie season when he was ROY and had the best rating of any rookie QB or in '05 when he led the team to the SB (granted he had a horrible game that day, but he posted an average QB rating of 106 for the 3 games that got them there).

The Steelers OL was HORRIBLE this year, they had almost no run game to speak of, partially due to the fact that Parker was out/injured for half of the season and the #1 draft RB was put on IR in week 4 and partially due to the fact that the OL was very green and only had one starter on it from the previous year. For most of the season they couldn't block anything, let alone open up holes for the run game.

The offense fell squarely on Ben's shoulders this year (one of them separated). Yes, the defense had a huge part in helping to win games by being able to keep them close, but give Ben a run game and a decent OL and he puts up blowout stats every time.

tony hipchest
02-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Quit beating around the real topic Tony:

Records for the Ring-

I think he'd do it in a heart beat. I know he's had to comment on this at some point.

If Marino doesn't have all those records, it doesn't necessarily make him Trent Dilfer either. No, Dan Marino with good numbers, no records but a ring or two? No question.

.not beating around the topic. you cant trade the records w/o giving up the stats and games that earned them.

and you cant trade the ring w/o giving up the stats and the games that earned it.

marino (and his future generations) will always be relevant because of his records.

dilfer wouldve already faded into obscurity were it not HIS name always brought up in these discussions and landin a job formerly held by salsbury steak i.e. chopped liver.

drizze99
02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
OK, enough "regular" season talk because guess what, it doesn't mean shit if you don't play football in January & February.

PLAYOFF STATS:
Peyton Manning ... 7(W) - 8 (L) ... 25* TD, 17 INT, 84.9 QB Rating
1 Super Bowl (11 seasons)

Ben Roethlisberger ... 8(W) - 2 (L) ... 17*TD, 12 INT, 87.2 QB Rating
2 Super Bowls (5 Seasons)

* - Rushing TDs included in totals

Forget about all the fancy stats during the reg season because they don't mean nothing and only help you get to the REAL SEASON, aka POST SEASON.

Looking at their playoff performances, BEN is an easy winner!

fansince'76
02-05-2009, 09:56 PM
dilfer wouldve already faded into obscurity were it not HIS name always brought up in these discussions and landin a job formerly held by salsbury steak i.e. chopped liver.

We could start mentioning Brad Johnson. :chuckle:

Benzbrother
02-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Amen drizze

tony hipchest
02-05-2009, 10:02 PM
We could start mentioning Brad Johnson. :chuckle:lol. exactly (even though he had a good season or 2).

i wonder if bill gates would trade all his "stats" for a sb ring?

The Patriot
02-05-2009, 10:02 PM
:laughing:

I'm waiting for the "laser, rocket arm" comment. So far, nothing. :chuckle:

Don't worry we'll get him! :wink02:

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 10:04 PM
not beating around the topic. you cant trade the records w/o giving up the stats and games that earned them.

and you cant trade the ring w/o giving up the stats and the games that earned it.

marino (and his future generations) will always be relevant because of his records.

You are talking about stature. First, Marino will still always be remembered as the best without. Dilfer won because of that defense. Either way, having won or not won a SB will ALWAYS be brought into the conversation (and no, I'm not saying Dilfer has it at all better than Marino. He was just more fortunate in one year of his career).

But what I'm talking about is what "the man himself" would want.

Does Ben have great stats? No but he's "earned wins!" And he's got 2 SB victories in 2 appearances.

Dan Marino...it goes without saying. BUT, he never reached "the goal." Don't you think that kills him? I know it does.

So referring to your "can't trade this for that" points: Realistically, no. But Ben's done it twice without big numbers and in a relatively short amount of time. Dan had extraordinary numbers and wins but it was all for naught. All in an effort to get that elusive ring.

Different paths to get to the same place. One has made it, the other never did. Not saying the effort wasn't valiant but the goal was never reached. He's remembered for his amazing "efforts."

Are we debating the same thing here? :laughing:

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 10:11 PM

Trust me i am a true Steelers Fan.

tony hipchest
02-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Are we debating the same thing here? :laughing:actually ben does have some pretty good stats. his YPA is amongst the all time greats. last year he was 2nd in passer rating to bradys historical season (who has thrown double digit int totals in all but 1 of his seasons). ben topped bradshaws td record, a perfect passer rating game or two, most td's thrown in a half....

but i can admit marino would give up a million or 2 if he could change his teams past and fortunes and have earned himself a ring. that has nothing to do with dildofer

SteelCityMom
02-05-2009, 10:18 PM
See, I think what gets lost in all of this debate is simply the fact that Peyton has been in the league 6 years longer than Ben has, plays behind a better and far more consistent OL. He's a great QB, nobody's going to deny that, but he wasn't always one of the greatest ever you know. Look at Peyton in his first five years in the league...

http://www.nfl.com/players/peytonmanning/careerstats?id=MAN515097

Now look at what Ben has been able to accomplish in his first 5 season...

http://www.nfl.com/players/benroethlisberger/careerstats?id=ROE750381

And that's not even including his laundry list of accomplishments as a rookie and as a QB in his first 5 years. I think he's going to amaze a lot of people in the years to come.

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 10:20 PM
actually ben does have some pretty good stats. his YPA is amongst the all time greats. last year he was 2nd in passer rating to bradys historical season (who has thrown double digit int totals in all but 1 of his seasons). ben topped bradshaws td record, a perfect passer rating game or two, most td's thrown in a half....

Your killin' me.

Last year he was great. But it ended in a first round playoff loss at home. In other words, "disppointment."

So are you saying that Dan (or any other NFL player) would rather have records and good stats than a Super Bowl win when it's all said and done?

Update:

but i can admit marino would give up a million or 2 if he could change his teams past and fortunes and have earned himself a ring. that has nothing to do with dildofer

Not a million or 2 to change things. I guess what I should have been saying is "rather have." You'll never get me to say "poor Dan Marino." But it is too bad that with all those numbers the ring eluded him.

For the record, I DIDN'T BRING DILFER INTO THIS! :chuckle:

I forget who did.

iloveben7
02-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Finds ways to win huh

it's 31
and Ben has more than half of that in only 5 years

iloveben7
02-05-2009, 10:23 PM

I don't believe he got a ring for it and the whole world wasn't watching

iloveben7
02-05-2009, 10:29 PM
If stats meant everything than Kurt Warner would've won 2 more Superbowls since he holds the record for most all time passing yards in the Superbowl.

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2009, 10:30 PM
hey if colt fans are happy with a 7-8 playoff record over the last 11 years....then more power to em...they got thier man. they can enjoy thier 12 win seasons and i guess thiey're happy with the seasons ending in january. myself on the other hand takes comfort in knowing we have a qb thats less likely to choke in january when it counts .... but thats just me....i'm wierd like that...:noidea:

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 10:31 PM
hey if colt fans are happy with a 7-8 playoff record over the last 11 years....then more power to em...they got thier man. they can enjoy thier 12 win seasons and i guess thiey're happy with the seasons ending in january. myself on the other hand takes comfort in knowing we have a qb thats less likely to choke in january when it counts .... but thats just me....i'm wierd like that...:noidea:

OUCH!

:chuckle:

BIGIRON98
02-05-2009, 10:31 PM

i think Ben WINS games

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 10:34 PM

Now that you've been called on this for the 9th time, aren't you sorry you said it? :chuckle:

Go ahead, say you're sorry. :laughing:

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 10:34 PM
how did this thread get this many replies?

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 10:37 PM
how did this thread get this many replies?

We're all suckers. Why?

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 10:39 PM
We're all suckers. Why?

just wondering

tony hipchest
02-05-2009, 10:40 PM
coltfans are very experienced with this argument after years of having it with patfans.

after brady made it to his 4th sb and stole mannings td record, they have now decided to moving the same argument on to big ben.

NJarhead
02-05-2009, 10:44 PM
coltfans are very experienced with this argument after years of having it with patfans.

after brady made it to his 4th sb and stole mannings td record, they have now decided to moving the same argument on to big ben.

Meanwhile, we've moved into postion to snatch "team of the decade" from N.E. :chuckle:

We're above this Ben/Peyton arguement.

Steelersfanforlife
02-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Meanwhile, we've moved into postion to snatch "team of the decade" from N.E. :chuckle:

We're above this Ben/Peyton arguement.

i agree with you. lets stop all of this arguing

SteelersinCA
02-05-2009, 11:15 PM
I like how the Colts fan leaves when SteelCityMom smacks his ass down. Dude you just got blasted by a mom, I'd hide too.:doh:

High-five Mom!!!! :thumbsup::chuckle:

xFreeWord420x
02-05-2009, 11:18 PM

WAS..

xFreeWord420x
02-05-2009, 11:18 PM

Apparently you didn't watch the game? For a change, our offense bailed out our Defense.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Peyton with our Defense and our offensive line.

Swap

Ben with with the Colts Defense and O line.

Peyton would be sacked way to many times im sorry Peyton there is going to be a 2 or 3rd read with this oline. Sometimes you don't have enough time to even hand it off.

Ben with your Oline and your D. He would love it. Sit back there pick defenses apart. And if a d-line does happen do break through that great line, he still would be able to break a tackle and make a play.

and people over looks Bens Stats, I think he has proven that when he wants to score he can. And umm can we talk about clutch game situations plz that should factor in for a great QB.

Some stats for yas

(First 4 years)
MANNING
Comp%-60.96%
TD-111
INT-81
Rat- 85.08

BRADY
Comp%-61.85%
TD-69
INT-38
Rat- 85.88

ROETHLISBERGER
Comp%-63.20%
TD-84
INT-54
Rat- 92.5

81 ints yeeesh

Mags87
02-06-2009, 12:37 AM
this just has to be said, if you are still here SuperBowlXLI, you came onto a forum of fans who just watched their quarterback march his team 88 yards down the field with 2:30 left in the Super Bowl and threw a game winning touchdown (a mighty fine one at that) to win his 2nd championship in his first 5 years in the league what we think of our quarterback. what did you think the response was gonna be?

CargoJon
02-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Don't know if this had been mentioned or not, but Schein and Riggins today were discussing this on the Sirius Blitz.

Riggo argued that Ben was the best of all in the NFL. Put Ben with the rest of the Colts or Patriots offense and he will throw 40+ TD's every year.

Put Brady or Manning behind the Steelers line and the'd be sacked 60 times a year and have a rating of 60.

Add that to the fact that Ben has only one less SB title than Brady, and one more than Manning, a strong case can be made that Ben is the best one.

I say P. Manning, Brady, Ben, and Brees are the top 4 for sure in the NFL (in no particular order), the rest are second-tier.

The Patriot
02-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Some stats for yas

(First 4 years)
MANNING
Comp%-60.96%
TD-111
INT-81
Rat- 85.08

BRADY
Comp%-61.85%
TD-69
INT-38
Rat- 85.88

ROETHLISBERGER
Comp%-63.20%
TD-84
INT-54
Rat- 92.5

81 ints yeeesh

:laughing: You can't count Brady when he was a backup. That's not fair. He had three freakin attempts!

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-06-2009, 06:40 AM
this just has to be said, if you are still here SuperBowlXLI, you came onto a forum of fans who just watched their quarterback march his team 88 yards down the field with 2:30 left in the Super Bowl and threw a game winning touchdown (a mighty fine one at that) to win his 2nd championship in his first 5 years in the league what we think of our quarterback. what did you think the response was gonna be?

waent expecting this actually, i thought it was pretty clear...

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-06-2009, 06:41 AM
Peyton with our Defense and our offensive line.

Swap

Ben with with the Colts Defense and O line.

Peyton would be sacked way to many times im sorry Peyton there is going to be a 2 or 3rd read with this oline. Sometimes you don't have enough time to even hand it off.

Ben with your Oline and your D. He would love it. Sit back there pick defenses apart. And if a d-line does happen do break through that great line, he still would be able to break a tackle and make a play.

and people over looks Bens Stats, I think he has proven that when he wants to score he can. And umm can we talk about clutch game situations plz that should factor in for a great QB.

Some stats for yas

(First 4 years)
MANNING
Comp%-60.96%
TD-111
INT-81
Rat- 85.08

BRADY
Comp%-61.85%
TD-69
INT-38
Rat- 85.88

ROETHLISBERGER
Comp%-63.20%
TD-84
INT-54
Rat- 92.5

81 ints yeeesh

111 TDs to Bens 84, Peyton is a playmaker

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-06-2009, 06:42 AM
ok how about we settle this now,

Ben and his TEAM has more succes,

Peyton is the better passer,

their is that good with everyone?

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-06-2009, 06:43 AM
I like how the Colts fan leaves when SteelCityMom smacks his ass down. Dude you just got blasted by a mom, I'd hide too.:doh:

High-five Mom!!!! :thumbsup::chuckle:

Huh i don't remember no one smacking anyone?

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-06-2009, 06:44 AM
Apparently you didn't watch the game? For a change, our offense bailed out our Defense.

Don't base Bens skills on 1 game, if so i could say look at SB 40 were his passer rating was an awsome 22

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-06-2009, 06:46 AM

I try to stick with the arguments i can win:chuckle:

SamUK
02-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Manning might be the better passer... but there was a quote on here the other day.... Ben is the better QB.

Stats dont record how many times on say third downs, he is hounded in the pocket and has the presence and ability to dodge tackles and then make the completion(showed it in the SB at least 3 times on 3rd down). Them sort of stats are never taken down, just that he completed the pass, not how great he was to get the pass of when many other QB's would have been eating dirt.

There is no doubt Manning is a great QB, and most definatey a playmaker and a great passer.... Big Ben does it all tho, keeps them drives alive, and the better QB!

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-06-2009, 07:06 AM
Manning might be the better passer... but there was a quote on here the other day.... Ben is the better QB.

Stats dont record how many times on say third downs, he is hounded in the pocket and has the presence and ability to dodge tackles and then make the completion(showed it in the SB at least 3 times on 3rd down). Them sort of stats are never taken down, just that he completed the pass, not how great he was to get the pass of when many other QB's would have been eating dirt.

There is no doubt Manning is a great QB, and most definatey a playmaker and a great passer.... Big Ben does it all tho, keeps them drives alive, and the better QB!

Ben has only thrown over 20 TDs in a season once,

Peyton threw over 20 TDs each of his first five year,

Peyton just makes more plays:noidea:

SamUK
02-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Isn't always about the amount of Touchdowns you make in a season If your not there come playoffs and Super Bowl.

Purely on stats, yeh im sure Peyton has the better stats for TD's and scores.

He also throws alot more intereceptions aswell ;) looking at them stats up there.
Lets go on them stats up there in the first 4 years....

Peyton had 192 TD's and Int... thats 42% Int
Big Ben had 138 TD's and Int... thats 38% Int.

Truth is, can make stats tell you anything you like, You love your guy, we love our guy!!

MasterOfPuppets
02-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Ben has only thrown over 20 TDs in a season once,

Peyton threw over 20 TDs each of his first five year,

Peyton just makes more plays:noidea:
why don't he make those plays when it counts??? like saaaaaayyyy....THE PLAYOFFS !!! :toofunny: like i've said before,you can have those 12 win seasons, and 4000 yd years..... i prefer the guy who gets it done when it counts. :nana:

11 yrs...7-8
5 yrs.....8-2

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-06-2009, 07:16 AM
why don't he make those plays when it counts??? like saaaaaayyyy....THE PLAYOFFS !!! :toofunny: like i've said before,you can have those 12 win seasons, and 4000 yd years..... i prefer the guy who gets it done when it counts. :nana:

11 yrs...7-8
5 yrs.....8-2

Very well you can say that, but if Peyton had a D like the Steelers he would have 4 rings by now

Benzbrother
02-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Welp I stick to the facts still...

Big Ben - 2
Peyton - 1

Until your Peyton can prove he can pick up another ring. Game over