PDA

View Full Version : Well-- It's the Offseason.

Preacher
02-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Here we go again. My predictions...

3 bans of posters 1000 posts or above (Not the mods fault. . . just people getting carried away).

Another political thread that runs into 350 posts in a day and half and then must be closed.

7 threads about how the ownership didn't pick the right people in Free Agency

15 "vote off" threads, all of which will be voted off by the mods and closed.. and none too soon!!

Then, we get to the real fun part.

After the draft, 7 threads by 3 new members and a couple old Browns fans about how they have rebuilt their team and will win the AFCN this year.

Out of the blue, Bengalbrian shows up and chokes out something about winning the SB if Carson Palmer wasn't injured, only to fade back into obscurity again.

Tony H. will kick out another smart @## thread that will grow into Steelersfever lore.

Then in the end, Bettisfan will remind us he is also a Texas fan.

devilsdancefloor
02-05-2009, 11:41 PM
WOW! i guess i have lots to look forward too since this will be my first offseasn here! :chuckle:

MACH1
02-06-2009, 12:04 AM
And another year of without living inthepast. :chuckle:

Preacher
02-06-2009, 12:11 AM
And another year of without living inthepast. :chuckle:

:buttkick:

And here we go!!

:chuckle:

kittenfantastico76
02-06-2009, 08:50 AM
WOW! i guess i have lots to look forward too since this will be my first offseasn here! :chuckle:

I was thinking the same thing!

P.S. Preacher I love your signature!

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Yep, if BettisFan is true to form, he'll reappear in mid-March and disappear during preseason and won't be heard from for the entire regular season again. Not that it's any great loss.

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 09:20 AM
perfect opportunity to start a why was sarah palin in the superbowl pre-game show? thread.

:busted:

johnfAltoona
02-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Apart from the NFL...what else is there in sports, excepting, of course, women's beach volleyball & women's tennis...I'll throw myself deeper into my life long love of music in the offseason.

HometownGal
02-06-2009, 09:25 AM

3 bans of posters 1000 posts or above (Not the mods fault. . . just people getting carried away).

Another political thread that runs into 350 posts in a day and half and then must be closed.

15 "vote off" threads, all of which will be voted off by the mods and closed.. and none too soon!!

After the draft, 7 threads by 3 new members and a couple old Browns fans about how they have rebuilt their team and will win the AFCN this year.

Out of the blue, Bengalbrian shows up and chokes out something about winning the SB if Carson Palmer wasn't injured, only to fade back into obscurity again.

Tony H. will kick out another smart @## thread that will grow into Steelersfever lore.

You forgot . . .

125 AW'ing threads in the Locker Room.

Yet another "Post Something About the Person Above You thread". :yuck: :horror:

SteelCityKing will post "haha" over 100,000 times. :banging: :chuckle:

miss:egg:head will dive head first onto the Cards bandwagon and officially adopt Kurt Warner as one of "her guys".

And last but not least . . .

10,000 PM's in my Inbox and Gary's complaining about how we are "unfair", "show favoritism", "are a right-wing facist BB'., etc. etc. etc. :laughing:

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 09:33 AM
miss:egg:head will dive head first onto the Cards bandwagon and officially adopt Kurt Warner as one of "her guys".

"Her C-Men." :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

revefsreleets
02-06-2009, 09:36 AM
What, no new "Fire Arians" threads?

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Apart from the NFL...what else is there in sports, excepting, of course, women's beach volleyball & women's tennis...I'll throw myself deeper into my life long love of music in the offseason.NAZZZZCAR!!!
bud shootout this weekend then the twin 125's, and qualifying to kick off 2 days of racing in daytona for valentines weekend! :tt03:

HometownGal
02-06-2009, 09:40 AM

There will be, don't you worry. Along with brand spankin' new "Willie Parker Sucks" and "Ben Is Overrated" threads. :banging:

MACH1
02-06-2009, 09:40 AM
You forgot . . .

Yet another "Post Something About the Person Above You thread". :yuck: :horror:

10,000 PM's in my Inbox and Gary's complaining about how we are "unfair", "show favoritism", "are a right-wing facist BB'., etc. etc. etc. :laughing:

^^^^

Hates it when someone does this. :chuckle:

HometownGal
02-06-2009, 09:41 AM
NAZZZZCAR!!!
bud shootout this weekend then the twin 125's, and qualifying to kick off 2 days of racing in daytona for valentines weekend! :tt03:

:thumbsup: :banana: :banana:

Boogity, boogity, boogity - I'm ready for some racin'! :applaudit:

NEPAsteeler
02-06-2009, 09:50 AM

I won't follow in his footsteps. I promise. Haha! Uh...wait, I mean, LOL! :flap:

Edman
02-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Focus more on schoolwork. Watch the Penguins, though they aren't doing so hot.

Anything to keep my mind off of dreading another long summer in futility and false hope for the Pirates and having Yanks/Sox shoved down my throat for another year. Spring training and baseball are around the corner...ugh.

It may get boring, but watch when Free Agency begins. It's always a treat on Steelers boards reading complaints about how the Steelers are doomed and other teams are "closing the gap" because they signed so-and-so and the Steelers did not.

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 10:10 AM
penguins in the stanley cup....

steelers in the superbowl....

y'all know what this means right?

PIRATES ARE MAKING A WORLD SERIES RUN!

:rofl:

:coffee:

X-Terminator
02-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Hopefully the afterglow of yet another SB win will keep things on the down low during this offseason. Plus, it's NOT an election year, so that will keep thing relatively civil as well. Last offseason really wasn't very pleasant around here for that reason alone.

Texasteel
02-06-2009, 12:09 PM
:thumbsup: :banana: :banana:

Boogity, boogity, boogity - I'm ready for some racin'! :applaudit:

Just got my season tickets in the mail yesterday.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Now that we know whats gonna happen... lets just skip it and start another season.... Im looking forward to winning lucky # 7 superbowl trophy

Texasteel
02-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Did anyone mention another 50 police reports involving Cincy players.

SteelCurtain7
02-06-2009, 04:46 PM
LOL.

How about an MLB thread? Go St. Louis Cardinals!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

lilyoder6
02-06-2009, 08:33 PM
what about any threads about how the rooney's are cheap and decide not to re-sign anyone and then go out and get no-one

stillers4me
02-06-2009, 08:41 PM
I think I'll keep working on that "Honey, I wanna do'em' list". :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
02-07-2009, 02:22 PM

I wonder how many of these I should make come true? :P

Preacher
06-22-2009, 02:57 AM
So lets see how we've done?!?!
[quote=Preacher;558476]Here we go again. My predictions...

3 bans of posters 1000 posts or above (Not the mods fault. . . just people getting carried away). I think we are there... aren't we?

Another political thread that runs into 350 posts in a day and half and then must be closed. http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35880 (ok, not 350, but I was being facetious)

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34658
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34615
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34455
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34006
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34149
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34248
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=34216

15 "vote off" threads, all of which will be voted off by the mods and closed.. and none too soon!! Thank the LORD this didn't happen!

The Mangini factor blew this one up!
Out of the blue, Bengalbrian shows up and chokes out something about winning the SB if Carson Palmer wasn't injured, only to fade back into obscurity again. BB is so embarrased I doubt he ever shows up here again

I am still not convinced Timmah isn't Tony's alter ego
Then in the end, Bettisfan will remind us he is also a Texas fan
There's still time

Preacher
06-22-2009, 03:02 AM
And lets see here. . . You forgot . . .

CHECK... including my "steelers sign TO" thread that HTG just loved! :chuckle:
Yet another "Post Something About the Person Above You thread". :yuck: :horror: Popped up in a couple threads I think.. but didn't have legs!

SteelCityKing will post "haha" over 100,000 times. :banging: :chuckle: LOL.. didn't see that.

miss:egg:head will dive head first onto the Cards bandwagon and officially adopt Kurt Warner as one of "her guys". Didn't she get banned or something?

10,000 PM's in my Inbox and Gary's complaining about how we are "unfair", "show favoritism", "are a right-wing facist BB'., etc. etc. etc. :laughing: :rofl:I am SURE that has come true.

Preacher
06-22-2009, 03:04 AM

There will be, don't you worry. Along with brand spankin' new "Willie Parker Sucks" and "Ben Is Overrated" threads. :banging:

Oh yeah... Did any of these show up this offseason? :hunch:

:laughing: