PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Las Vegas Super Bowl Odds

steelerdave1969
02-06-2009, 05:13 AM
Thought some of you might be interested to see this, this is the Las Vegas Odds on the super bowl winner for '09

New England Patriots: 6-1
Pittsburgh Steelers: 7-1
New York Giants: 8-1
Indianapolis Colts: 8-1
Dallas Cowboys: 9-1
Baltimore Ravens: 11-1
Carolina Panthers: 12-1
Philadelphia Eagles: 12-1
Tennessee Titans: 12-1
San Diego Chargers: 14-1
Arizona Cardinals: 15-1
Atlanta Falcons: 16-1
New Orleans Saints: 18-1
Green Bay Packers: 20-1
Minnesota Vikings: 22-1
Washington Redskins: 25-1
Miami Dolphins: 25-1
Chicago Bears: 28-1
New York Jets: 28-1
Jacksonville Jaguars: 30-1
Denver Broncos: 35-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 35-1
San Francisco: 49ers: 40-1
Houston Texans: 40-1
Buffalo Bills: 50-1
Cleveland Browns: 60-1
Seattle Seahawks: 60-1
Cincinnati Bengals: 75-1
Kansas City Chiefs: 100-1
St. Louis Rams: 100-1
Oakland Raiders: 100-1
Detroit Lions: 150-1

1st&Goal
02-06-2009, 07:52 AM
How insulting. Apparently these clowns in Vegas think Tommy boy is going to have a great year. Mark my words, he won't. 2 reasons. First when we spanked them in Foxboro, Their O line couldn't protect Cassel, so what makes them think Tommy boy would have any more success? Also coming off his injury it'll be awhile before he's even close to the old Brady. Still, I'd love to see us play them for the Championship game. Either in the "Burg or in NE. Then watch Tommy boy and the rest of the Patsies get stomped.

CPanther95
02-06-2009, 08:27 AM
How insulting. Apparently these clowns in Vegas think Tommy boy is going to have a great year. Mark my words, he won't. 2 reasons. First when we spanked them in Foxboro, Their O line couldn't protect Cassel, so what makes them think Tommy boy would have any more success? Also coming off his injury it'll be awhile before he's even close to the old Brady. Still, I'd love to see us play them for the Championship game. Either in the "Burg or in NE. Then watch Tommy boy and the rest of the Patsies get stomped.

I'd prefer to play someone else in the AFCCG.

1st&Goal
02-06-2009, 09:23 AM
I'd prefer to play someone else in the AFCCG.

I must respectfully disagree. I cannot imagine a better scenario than to have the Steelers shut down the much vaunted NE offense. It is true that for the most part NE has had their way with us in recent years, however, what better way to put to rest all of this hype about Brady and the Pats than to beat them fair and square in the Title game. I think it would be a most appropriate and convincing way to illustrate that the Steelers are the best team, bar none. This assumes of course, that they don't cheat. I believe that beating them would put to rest any lingering doubts from those who would say that the Pats didn't go all the way this year because Brady was hurt. I admit I also have a personal reason for wanting us to thrash them in the Title game my friend. Originally from just outside the 'Burg, I have to occasionally tolerate the belicose Pats fan who still thinks they are all that. (I reside in New Hampshire now)

CPanther95
02-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Them missing the playoffs, or getting knocked out early, with Brady at the helm would also put to rest any lingering doubts.

HometownGal
02-06-2009, 09:34 AM
And the Cheats* weenie-slobbin' continues. :rolleyes: :jerkit:

I'm not saying the Steelers are locks for the trophy next season, as it is still way too early to predict given that the draft hasn't even been held yet and we don't know who the Steelers are going to target via FA, but I can guarantee you that next season's SB Champions will NOT be the Pats*.

fansince'76
I must respectfully disagree. I cannot imagine a better scenario than to have the Steelers shut down the much vaunted NE offense. It is true that for the most part NE has had their way with us in recent years, however, what better way to put to rest all of this hype about Brady and the Pats than to beat them fair and square in the Title game. I think it would be a most appropriate and convincing way to illustrate that the Steelers are the best team, bar none. This assumes of course, that they don't cheat. I believe that beating them would put to rest any lingering doubts from those who would say that the Pats didn't go all the way this year because Brady was hurt. I admit I also have a personal reason for wanting us to thrash them in the Title game my friend. Originally from just outside the 'Burg, I have to occasionally tolerate the belicose Pats fan who still thinks they are all that. (I reside in New Hampshire now)

Agreed. I'd love a chance at revenge.

1st&Goal
Agreed !!

Steelersfanforlife
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
idk why the Patriots are always favored. must have a man crush on Tom Brady

SteelerFanInCA
02-06-2009, 05:23 PM
I've never understood the love fest with the cheatriots.

Muppet13
02-06-2009, 05:27 PM
:sign11::sign11::sign11:

steelreserve
02-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Them missing the playoffs, or getting knocked out early, with Brady at the helm would also put to rest any lingering doubts.

Exactly. If we beat the Patriots in the title game for "revenge" like people seem to want, then everyone will still be slobbering all over them for making it that far, and oh how close they were to taking their rightful place again, and the Steelers must have played the game of their lives to even keep it close, and omg let's make them the overwhelming favorites again next season.

Screw that. I want the Pats to go 6-10 with their timing being wrong on offense, the defense getting torched all year, and Brady suffering a butthole injury in the last game of the season. Then everyone can finally take his overhyped dong out of their mouths and quit talking about garbage like a "dynasty" that hasn't won a title in five years going on six.

steelerdave1969
02-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I personally wish the Steelers would have been further down that list like 5th or 6th if for nothing else just to make our players think about it a little harder and get'em a little madder
:wink02: