PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson wants out of KC....

Steelcitygal87
02-06-2009, 08:14 AM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) Chiefs running back Larry Johnson says he wants to leave Kansas City.

During an appearance Wednesday on 610 Sports Radio, Johnson said he thinks it's time for him and the Chiefs to ``break ties.'' He says his departure would allow the Chiefs to find ``what they want, and I can try to go on and rebuild my career and find what I want.''

Chiefs spokesman Bob Moore said there was nothing that came out of the interview that hadn't been talked about before. Johnson said in December he felt he had no future with the Chiefs.

Johnson just completed a season in which he was benched for three games for violating team rules and suspended by the league for a fourth game for violating NFL player conduct rules.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20090205/Chiefs-Johnson/

-------------------

What do you think? What team, if any, do you think he would make a good fit for?

I loved him when he was at Penn State and even early on in his career...but he is another one of those players who can't seem to get his act together off the field. His attitude seems so poor. I am not sure if it is all the years of being on a losing team, or if that is just the way he is.

lilyoder6
02-06-2009, 09:11 AM
obv.. i think there are some teams that could use him as a rb.. he was doing real good early on.. then the cheifs o-line started 2 retire and leave.. and they started the reb-building process and he didn't get many touches.. but i think that some teams could use him like... cards, the browns,the bucs, and some others.. the saints could be a poss as well...

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 09:32 AM
He'd look great in the B&G for the vet minimum....:chuckle:

MACH1
02-06-2009, 10:35 AM

:buttkick:

We could trade Willie for him. :popcorn:

devilsdancefloor
02-06-2009, 12:50 PM

i wouldnt even go that far! Larry is done!

steelreserve
02-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh, an old running back with a bad attitude. Let's not all rush to sign him at once.

Petesburgh66
02-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I hope he stays in K.C. This has Corey Dillon written all over it. Hence, I can see the Patriots going after him.

Hawkeye
02-08-2009, 02:26 PM
cowboys they need more clowns for their circus

Steelcitygal87
02-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Given his age and current long- term contract that includes millions of guaranteed dollars, I highly doubt the Chiefs are going to trade him.

KeiselPower99
02-08-2009, 02:59 PM
I could see him ending up in Seattle.

ShutDown24
02-08-2009, 03:10 PM
I hope he stays in K.C. This has Corey Dillon written all over it. Hence, I can see the Patriots going after him.

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now.

St33lersguy
02-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah he is a jackass with abad attitude and is somewhat like Pacman jones off the field, but it's Kansas City. Does anybody want to play there? :chuckle:

lilyoder6
02-08-2009, 03:55 PM
i think the cheifs will ask for too much when they try 2 trade him away

MasterOfPuppets
02-08-2009, 10:50 PM
with johnsons age, history of injuries, and pricetag (contract and trade) , i just don't see to many teams that would be seriously interested. 3 yrs ago....yes...now.....no

steelpride12
02-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Age is becoming a factor and his attitude needs to change for him to acutally be wanted by other teams. We all know how he treated KC, win or lose don't be a jagoff.

LambertIsGod58
02-09-2009, 01:31 PM
with johnsons age, history of injuries, and pricetag (contract and trade) , i just don't see to many teams that would be seriously interested. 3 yrs ago....yes...now.....no

and don't forget his lack of production over the last few years.....and his off the field issues. No way in hell I'd want him on our team. Especially with Mendenhall still waiting to prove what he can do.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I am starting to believe that his production was more a result of a stellar offensive line and a very good passing game than it was LJ's individual talents.

He's also a malcontent, and he's in legal trouble.

He's got Raiders or Bengals written all over him!

St33lersguy
02-09-2009, 05:52 PM
He's got Raiders or Bengals written all over him!

He would be a perfect fit for the Bungles. Maybe the Bungles will take themselves out of Superbowl contention and aquire him. I hope this happens just so I can get more material to laugh at the Bungles for

Dino 6 Rings
02-09-2009, 05:53 PM
He's a washed up piece of trash.

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) Chiefs running back Larry Johnson says he wants to leave Kansas City.
During an appearance Wednesday on 610 Sports Radio, Johnson said he thinks it's time for him and the Chiefs to ``break ties.'' He says his departure would allow the Chiefs to find ``what they want, and I can try to go on and rebuild my career and find what I want.''

Chiefs spokesman Bob Moore said there was nothing that came out of the interview that hadn't been talked about before. Johnson said in December he felt he had no future with the Chiefs.

Johnson just completed a season in which he was benched for three games for violating team rules and suspended by the league for a fourth game for violating NFL player conduct rules.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20090205/Chiefs-Johnson/

-------------------

What do you think? What team, if any, do you think he would make a good fit for?

I loved him when he was at Penn State and even early on in his career...but he is another one of those players who can't seem to get his act together off the field. His attitude seems so poor. I am not sure if it is all the years of being on a losing team, or if that is just the way he is.

HELL...i don't blame him one bit! i would want out of that dismal franchise too. if i say he hsould go anywhere would be probably Detroit or Cincinatti. i mean, whatever team would need him more than Kansas Shitty. =)

MasterOfPuppets
02-09-2009, 06:18 PM
HELL...i don't blame him one bit! i would want out of that dismal franchise too. if i say he hsould go anywhere would be probably Detroit or Cincinatti. i mean, whatever team would need him more than Kansas Shitty. =)

he's the one who signed the contract, sooooooo.....yes you can blame him :coffee:

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 06:29 PM
he's the one who signed the contract, sooooooo.....yes you can blame him :coffee:

i know he signed a contract. i'm saying that KC is a piece of feces team and i don't blame him for wanting to leave. i wouldn't want to play in KC if i were him. but i wish him nothing but the best trying to find a home who will take a washed up has been.

lilyoder6
02-09-2009, 06:30 PM
even tho lJ did not like the cheifs and what not.. as soon as he saw the dollar signs he signed w/o regarding his "feelings" toward the organization...

but the ? is.. was LJ that good b/c of his talent or was HE THAT good b/c of the line he was running behind and a fb in tony richardson

MasterOfPuppets
02-09-2009, 06:33 PM
i know he signed a contract. i'm saying that KC is a piece of feces team and i don't blame him for wanting to leave. i wouldn't want to play in KC if i were him. but i wish him nothing but the best trying to find a home who will take a washed up has been.
and they were "a piece of feces team" , before he pouted to get his new contract......he made his own bed, now he doesn't wanna lay in it.....so i have no well wishes or sympothy for the money grubbin bastard.......:noidea:

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 06:38 PM
and they were "a piece of feces team" , before he pouted to get his new contract......he made his own bed, now he doesn't wanna lay in it.....so i have no well wishes or sympothy for the money grubbin bastard.......:noidea:

"money grubbin'!?" haha! good one.

The Duke
02-09-2009, 08:21 PM
even tho lJ did not like the cheifs and what not.. as soon as he saw the dollar signs he signed w/o regarding his "feelings" toward the organization...

but the ? is.. was LJ that good b/c of his talent or was HE THAT good b/c of the line he was running behind and a fb in tony richardson

He was good because of that oline.

I never liked LJ. Not as a player nor his attitude

I hope he ends up with the browns

MasterOfPuppets
02-09-2009, 08:25 PM
He was good because of that oline.

I never liked LJ. Not as a player nor his attitude

I hope he ends up with the brownseven i wouldn't be that cruel as to wish that upon somebody.....:shake01:

The Duke
02-09-2009, 08:52 PM
even i wouldn't be that cruel as to wish that upon somebody.....:shake01:

I was being compassionate. My first option was the bengals :noidea:

lilyoder6
02-09-2009, 10:27 PM
we all know if LJ would go to the browns.. he would be put on IR b/c he would get a staph infection during training camp