PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones Hires Dan Reeves....

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 10:17 AM
...and then promptly fires him.

he was on the job for three days and when it came time to sign the contract reeves said (on sirius radio) that there were bull shit clauses in there he had never seen in a contract in his entire career.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/02/jerry-jones-speaks.html

"We may not be on the same page regarding the type of commitment that we're talking about here," Jerry Jones said of the sticking point in the contract negotiations with Reeves. Jerry referred to it as a "time element."

That contradicts what Reeves said earlier today.

"I fully intended and told them that I would work," Reeves said. "It was a full-time job. A full-time job to me means that you work as long as it takes to get the job done."

Jerry made it clear that the Reeves departure was not about a control battle. And Jerry made it clear that no coach/consultant/executive has ever or will ever get ultimate control as long as he's roaming the Valley Ranch hallways.

"Not one time with any head coach in 20 years does anyone have an authority to hire a football player, fire a football player, draft a football player, hire a coach, an assistant coach," Jerry said. "In 20 years, not one coach has ever had it. I've always had it. I want to make that clear."

jerry wanted to specify the hours dan worked. dan said "you dont punch a clock in coaching"

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 10:21 AM
And Jerry made it clear that no coach/consultant/executive has ever or will ever get ultimate control as long as he's roaming the Valley Ranch hallways.

And Jones' megalomania, more than anything else is why they haven't won a playoff game in 13 years now and will continue to come up short.

HometownGal
02-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Jerry Jones is a pompous, manipulating douchebag whose brain hasn't seen a live cell in over 30 years. Dan Reeves should consider himself lucky that he wasn't pulled into that quagmire - he deserves better.

drizze99
02-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I have to agree. Jerry Jones is a complete and total jackass. We are blessed to have the Rooney's!!!

X-Terminator
02-06-2009, 11:00 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at the joke that is Jerry Jones. I wonder if the "Cowgirl faithful" have gotten sick of this guy's act yet. Bringing in problem child after problem child, throwing a gazillion dollars at a QB who can't win a big game, changes coaches like he changes his "drawls," and above all, builds a billion dollar shrine to himself called "New Texas Stadium" that from above looks like a giant crapper. Ah, but at least he'll be on HBO and BSPN wuvs you!

Keep it going, Jethro! As long as you're running things, the Cowgirls will continue to do what they do best -

http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/10.2_Ozzie_choke_BDD.jpg

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 11:24 AM
the thing that sucks is mike singletary offered reeves the o-coord job and he was excited to take it.

when this rumour leaked jones immediately contacted reeves about a consultant type middleman position between himself and the coaching staff.

they verbally hammered everything out and reeves thanked singletary because the leak probably landed him with a higher position in the cowbous organization.

he could go back "home" and be with 2 of his daughters who reside in dallas.

he had his office and had already begun working with j. garrett on the running game.

then jerry presents him with oddball bullshit that has never been seen before in a contract.

the 49ers position has been filled and reeves is bummed he pissed away that opportunity. he wants to get into coaching again badly.

drizze99
02-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Actually, Wade Phillips recruited Reeves and once Reeves agreed on the idea, he went to Jones and sold him on the fact that they needed a "consultant"

steelax04
02-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Sounds like the Cowboys are the up and coming Raiders...

revefsreleets
02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
As I was saying in another thread, JJ is the trashiest owner is football. If he COULD, the Cowboys jerseys would look like a NASCAR firesuit. He's put ads all over the turf, and tattoo his players faces. The dude is low class and he's all about the money. He wants to win for all the wrong reasons.

It's kind of sad to see him treat Reeves this way, epecially considering he's an ex-Cowboy player, one of the guys that made the franchise back in the day when everything on the team DIDN'T have a price tag on it.

Texasteel
02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Jerry Jones is a pompous, manipulating douchebag whose brain hasn't seen a live cell in over 30 years. Dan Reeves should consider himself lucky that he wasn't pulled into that quagmire - he deserves better.

During his last face lift, they pulled Jerry's skin so tight that it cut off all oxygen to his brain.

Morgan
02-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Jerry Jones thinks he's a genius because the team won some Super Bowls...but they did it on the STUPIDITY of the Minnesota Vikings who traded away the WORLD to get Hershel Walker. Without that Trade, the Cowboys of the 90s would not have won 3 Super Bowls.

There isn't a single player on the Steelers, and I mean ANY player, that should be kept if that kind of offer were to come along. That didn't make Jerry Jones a smart GM.... it made Mike Lynn a complete moron, and Jerry was taking candy from a baby.

Big D
02-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Jerry jones is turning this team into the raiders. I dont know how any fan can fork out thousands on psls and season tickets to watch this crap

AllD
02-06-2009, 02:54 PM
"Would you like fries with that?"

I think some people forgot what it takes to build a winning team. You can't force people to win, they have to be self-starting. What is Jones going to eff up next?

SteelCurtain7
02-06-2009, 05:36 PM

Agreed ten thousand percent. :thumbsup:

I would love to see Al "Elvis" Davis and Jumpin' Jerry Jones in a steel-cage match to the death. That would be must-see TV. :rofl:

SteelCurtain7
02-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Jerry jones is turning this team into the raiders. I dont know how any fan can fork out thousands on psls and season tickets to watch this crap

Let's hope this trend continues. The Clownboys won't see any more championships in the immediate future. :tt:

Hawkeye
02-06-2009, 06:00 PM
here's to 25 more years of great health for Jerry Jones.

Go Jerry-Boys!

Steelersfanforlife
02-06-2009, 06:15 PM
I have to agree. Jerry Jones is a complete and total jackass. We are blessed to have the Rooney's!!!

Amen to that!:tt: