PDA

View Full Version : Lane Kiffin Gaffe

GoFins11
02-06-2009, 09:56 AM
"Just so you know, when a recruit's on another campus, you can't call a recruit on another campus," Kiffin said. "I love the fact that Urban had to cheat and still didn't get him."

Kiffin hasn't even blown a whistle at Tennessee yet and already he's been reprimanded by the SEC commissioner, put in his place by the Florida athletic director and forced to apologize to a two-time national champion Gators coach -- all in the same day.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3887550&sportCat=ncf

This is going to make next seasons Tenn-UF that much more interesting.

atlsteelers
02-06-2009, 10:08 AM
if you find blowouts interesting it should be a great game.

the more i hear from the lame kitten the more sane al davis sounds.

plus lane is setting a very expensive precedent in college football. ut - out of desperation to lure assistant coaches to ut has given out 3 year contracts and is paying their assistant coaches 3.2 million this season alone. now this is going cause a ripple affect and cost all of the univiersities much more cash.

So ut has 5.3 million invested in its coaching staff alone this season. for a coach that stunk in oakland 2 million per season is a lot of cash.

atlsteelers
02-06-2009, 10:15 AM
the lame kitten also called out Alabama. Crediting Thompson for all of Sabans top recruits.

UT gave him a Thompson, a $125,000 raise to leave alabama.

revefsreleets
02-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Vince Lombardi with Dick Lebeau as his DC and Bill Walsh as his OC couldn't win in Oakland.

I'm gonna give Kiffin 3 at UT before I judge. I bet he knocks off a top team this year...

atlsteelers
02-06-2009, 11:48 AM
you are probally correct. jesus might not be able to win in oakland but they were in the super what 5 years ago?

revefsreleets
02-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Was it that recently? Jesus, that seems miraculous now...

That demostrates how badly a crazed owner can wreck a team completely, though...

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-06-2009, 03:28 PM
I like Kiffin and I like him stirring things up. Give him a couple seasons, but like the OBC used to say....."you cant spell Citrus Bowl without U-T"

St33lersguy
02-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Tennessee should have gone a different direction, atleast by getting a head coach that KNOWS the recruiting rules

lilyoder6
02-07-2009, 10:38 AM
kiffin is a complete moron

Godfather
02-07-2009, 11:12 AM
In this day and age, how do you know a recruit's on another campus? You probably call his cell phone which he can answer anywhere, not his parents' land line where you only get him if he's home.

atlsteelers
02-10-2009, 08:41 AM
UT had to turn themselves in for secondary violations.

In letters to the NCAA and SEC, the Tennessee athletic department said the secondary violations occurred in January. One violation occurred when nine prospects on an official visit to the school participated in a mock press conference at Neyland Stadium’s media center.

Another violation occurred when a fog machine was used as a recruit entered the field at Neyland Stadium during his official visit on Jan. 9.

Under NCAA recruiting rules, schools are prohibited from simulating a game experience for recruits during official visits.

Tennessee issued letters of admonishment to Kiffin and recruiting coordinator Ed Orgeron and provided the staff with a review of NCAA recruiting policies. Neither the NCAA nor the SEC has issued any punishment.

“They understand that they must ask questions of the compliance office about anything ‘creative’ regarding campus visits,” the Jan. 26 letter said.

The violations were first reported Monday by The Knoxville News Sentinel.

Tennessee’s coaching staff believed the mock press conference was allowed because it was not done in public. They thought the use of the fog machine was allowed after seeing it used at other universities.

GoFins11
02-10-2009, 12:21 PM
UT sure is racking up violations.

memphissteelergirl
02-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Kiffin is talking an awful lot of smack for someone who has yet to win a game at Tennessee. :blah: And the boosters (especially here in Memphis) are just lappin' it up like a cat drinking cream.

What-friggin'-ever.

atlsteelers
02-11-2009, 01:13 PM
at least it gives us something to BS about until spring practice.