PDA

View Full Version : A little complaining about the Steelers from a Steeler fan

Morgan
02-06-2009, 10:07 AM
There are a couple things that happened in the Super Bowl that I hope Coach Tomlin addresses. To me, they're not Steeler football. It's the silly showboating.

Santonio Holmes was the worst. Who else was SCREAMING at the TV that he needed to get back to the HUDDLE after catching a first down pass on the final drive with the clock running instead of strutting farther down field? The guy talks about being humble in the eyes of God all the time, but looks like he wants to show-boat like Chad Johnson.

And Woodley taking his helmet off after the sack/fumble..... You know it's a penalty. Don't do it. I don't care the situation.

Imagine this scenario...

Santonio catches the go ahead TD, and the refs flag him for unsportsmanlike conduct. The kickoff moves 15 yards back, and they maybe get a little better return. They move up field a bit more. Woodley gets to Warner 1/4 second later, and the fumble really IS a forward pass, so the turnover is overturned.

Now they have the ball with 15 seconds to go inside the Steelers 20. That's 2 shots at Larry Fitzgerald in the endzone, sports fans.

Discipline. I hope we didn't see the beginning of the end of it.

Steelcitygal87
02-06-2009, 10:13 AM
There are a couple things that happened in the Super Bowl that I hope Coach Tomlin addresses. To me, they're not Steeler football. It's the silly showboating.

Santonio Holmes was the worst. Who else was SCREAMING at the TV that he needed to get back to the HUDDLE after catching a first down pass on the final drive with the clock running instead of strutting farther down field? The guy talks about being humble in the eyes of God all the time, but looks like he wants to show-boat like Chad Johnson.

And Woodley taking his helmet off after the sack/fumble..... You know it's a penalty. Don't do it. I don't care the situation.

Imagine this scenario...

Santonio catches the go ahead TD, and the refs flag him for unsportsmanlike conduct. The kickoff moves 15 yards back, and they maybe get a little better return. They move up field a bit more. Woodley gets to Warner 1/4 second later, and the fumble really IS a forward pass, so the turnover is overturned.

Now they have the ball with 15 seconds to go inside the Steelers 20. That's 2 shots at Larry Fitzgerald in the endzone, sports fans.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! for pointing out about Santonio's showboating( I was beginning to think I was the only fan who noticed this)..I am SICK of him behaving in that manner. It is the only thing that turns me off about him. I brought this same topic up in a thread a few months ago. He does show signs of a lack of discipline , and not keeping his head in the game. At one time( I believe it was last season)I saw him back-peddle into the end zone.....UNCALLED FOR. He is still young... but if this is not addressed now he could end up going the way of T.O....BIG EGO...too big for his britches. Lord knows I do not want to see that happen. He is such a wonderfully talented and gifted receiver...he doesn't need to do all that showboating CRAP. Let your play on the field speak as to what a great athlete you are. That other stuff is unnecessary. It is supposed to be about the TEAM...not about YOU. I think he would do well to keep that in mind.

"Who else was SCREAMING at the TV that he needed to get back to the HUDDLE after catching a first down pass on the final drive with the clock running instead of strutting farther down field?" I WAS!! I could not believe what I was seeing..I was screaming...'HOLMES...what the heck are you doing????'.. and this is the freaking Super Bowl for crying out loud! That is exactly what I am talking about...he should have been aware that the CLOCK WAS RUNNING...and busted his butt to get back to the line of scrimmage instead of stopping to say...'LOOKY at ME I just got us a first down!!'...It was ridiculous.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-06-2009, 10:34 AM
We are all too old. You have to understand the motivation and psychology of today's youth and especially athletes.

20 somthing employees want to have lots of time off, cruise facebook at work and be recognized monitarily and with praise for every little thing done. Its about the individual, not the collective employer/organization.

Blame their parents for not teaching them to work for stuff and rewarding them with candy, toys and a happy meal for any time they do something right.

Sharkissle29
02-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Seems like you guys condone Goodell and the NO FUN LEAGUE

I have no problem with a little celebration here and there. Santonio didn't need to hurry because he was the one that made the catch, and it took the O-line/Ben a little time to get where he caught the ball.

I would have yelled if i saw it was a problem, but didnt think much of it.

Steelcitygal87
02-06-2009, 10:46 AM

I have no problem with a little celebration here and there. Santonio didn't need to hurry because he was the one that made the catch, and it took the O-line/Ben a little time to get where he caught the ball.

One of my favorite quotes is by Knute Rockne "Football is a game played with legs, arms and shoulders, but mostly from THE NECK UP".....Holmes was NOT smart in acting how he did. Let's say the refs had seen his end zone celebration...that would have cost us 15 yards...HUGE difference in field position on the kick off. Play SMART football is all I am saying and don't act in ways that could possibly cost your team yardage. Every one can see the great play you just made...you don't need to hype it up more.

Just as an example of opposite behavior....when you see Troy make a TREMENDOUS play...he doesn't dance around or showboat in any way. A play that comes to mind is the one he made on Flacco in the AFCC game...tackled him when he tried to run outside the pocket...to his left I believe....BIG loss of yardage. Troy did his job and went back to the huddle to get ready for the next play. That is what I love to see.

Sharkissle29
02-06-2009, 10:55 AM
One of my favorite quotes is by Knute Rockne "Football is a game played with legs, arms and shoulders, but mostly from THE NECK UP".....Holmes was NOT smart in acting how he did. Let's say the refs had seen his end zone celebration...that would have cost us 15 yards...HUGE difference in field position on the kick off. Play SMART football is all I am saying and don't act in ways that could possibly cost your team yardage.

i guess we can agree that the endzone celebration was a little too much, but the fact is it didnt cost us the 15 yards. I bet Tomlin, or someone in the FO gave tone a little talk and we'll see celebrations on the "lighter" side next season. i think players should be allowed to celebrate here and there for doing something good for their team.

Morgan
02-06-2009, 10:57 AM

That first sentence is what we call a non sequitor. I said nothing of the kind that I condone the No Fun League bull caw caw. I do not. What Santonio did was pretty innocent... BUT IT'S A PENALTY in the league RIGHT NOW. Ergo, he shouldn't have done it. Just like removing one's helmet on the field is a penalty... agree or disagree that it "should" be a penalty, but while it is, you don't DO it.

I'm sorry but your statement "it took the rest of the offense a little time to get where he caught the ball" is patently incorrect. Dude... it was 13 yards to the PITTSBURGH 39 inside the two minute warning. There's NOTHING he should have been doing but running to the huddle or to line up. You don't know how 5 seconds can affect the game... ask Sweed about a little wasted time in the AFCC in the first half.

I don't have a problem with a celebration here and there either. But he practically moon walks every first down. To me, it just isn't classy or selfless. Celebrating while the game is going on is a good way to collect L's. Remember the Dallas/Pitt game this year when the Steelers watched the Cowboys celebrating like idiots when they had a 4th down stand? I prefer to do my celebrating for things of substance, like wins, instead of temporary gains, like first downs. To me, that's Steeler football. Leave the other trash to Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens. Just sayin.

Steelcitygal87
02-06-2009, 10:58 AM
i guess we can agree that the endzone celebration was a little too much, but the fact is it didnt cost us the 15 yards. I bet Tomlin, or someone in the FO gave tone a little talk and we'll see celebrations on the "lighter" side next season. i think players should be allowed to celebrate here and there for doing something good for their team.

Yeah, hopefully Tomlin did have a talk with him about cutting back on that type of thing.

Hey, do you happen to remember a few seasons ago Anthony Smith got an interception and was running it back and was forced out of bounds, but as he was going out of bounds he was high stepping it with the ball? Man, when he got to the sidelines I remember Dick LeBeau really let him have it with both barrels!! He did the right thing...he let Smith know that type of behavior is a BIG NO NO and will not be tolerated~ I LOVED IT.

Morgan
02-06-2009, 11:00 AM
i guess we can agree that the endzone celebration was a little too much, but the fact is it didn't cost us the 15 yards. I bet Tomlin, or someone in the FO gave tone a little talk and we'll see celebrations on the "lighter" side next season. i think players should be allowed to celebrate here and there for doing something good for their team.

It wasn't a penalty because they didn't catch him, and the head of NFL officiating made that statement. If they'd have seen him do it, they'd have flagged him for it. Period.

They CAN celebrate. They can high-five, hug, jump... but for better or worse, the NFL has determined that some types of celebration are unsportsman like, and rather than have the refs make judgment calls on which particular celebrations are insulting and which are OK, they just said, "Don't do it."

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Its part of the game nowadays, so just accept it and try to move on.

Guys celebrate a special teams tackle like they just won the lottery. Others celebrate a sack the same way. Tackling the ballcarrier is actually expected........not surprising.

The other thing I never get is why guys need to celebrate a 1st down. I cant remember Lynn Swann or John Stallworth feeling the need to signal a 1st down reception. :noidea: I accept it as the "me generation" and just go on watching.

stlrtruck
02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
How many times have you yelled at Hines Ward for getting off the turf and doing his first down movement? Me, none!

Personally, I don't mind his little strut down field and showing the first down and drops the ball. Hell I don't even mind the post TD celebration he did - even though it should have cost us 15 yards. It was the freakin' super bowl.

I'm not all for the 60 second promos but to take some time and celebrate just adds to the fan frenzy - especially if it's your team that's scoring. I think there is a big difference between what CJ and TO do compared to what Hines and Holmes do.

While I do think there's something to the "Act like you've been there before" mentality, I also believe that players need to have fun, let's all remember IT IS A GAME, not life so let's not take it so serious!

Steelcitygal87
02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Its part of the game nowadays, so just accept it and try to move on.

Guys celebrate a special teams tackle like they just won the lottery. Others celebrate a sack the same way. Tackling the ballcarrier is actually expected........not surprising.

The other thing I never get is why guys need to celebrate a 1st down. I cant remember Lynn Swann or John Stallworth feeling the need to signal a 1st down reception. :noidea: I accept it as the "me generation" and just go on watching.

I agree with you about that STUPID first down celebration thing...I can not stand it. I am sure everyone watching is well aware of the fact you just made a first down. Hines does that too...as do a LOT of other players around the league.

Steelcitygal87
02-06-2009, 11:06 AM
How many times have you yelled at Hines Ward for getting off the turf and doing his first down movement? Me, none!

Personally, I don't mind his little strut down field and showing the first down and drops the ball. Hell I don't even mind the post TD celebration he did - even though it should have cost us 15 yards. It was the freakin' super bowl.

I'm not all for the 60 second promos but to take some time and celebrate just adds to the fan frenzy - especially if it's your team that's scoring. I think there is a big difference between what CJ and TO do compared to what Hines and Holmes do.

While I do think there's something to the "Act like you've been there before" mentality, I also believe that players need to have fun, let's all remember IT IS A GAME, not life so let's not take it so serious!

Actually, while I haven't yelled...I have thought....'umm what are you doing? Is that really necessary?' It is getting so old now...it's just stupid....imo.

Morgan
02-06-2009, 11:14 AM
There is a difference between getting a first down and doing the arm motion "first down" and running back to the huddle in the course of a game and what Holmes did... getting a first down, showboating with the clock running when they were BEHIND with less than 2 minutes to go, in their own territory in the freaking Super Bowl - or using the ball as a prop which is specifically against league rules currently.

I just want to ask a very simple question of the folks who think this behavior is ok... Please go back to my original post. Play out the scenario. Pretend the Steelers lose on a last second TD by Larry Fitzgerald after the cards got 30-40 yards of field position on two stupid penalties like this.

Is it still ok that they did what they did? Yeah of course it's just a game. A game they get paid a bunch of money to play but those of us who pay a bunch of money to watch.

7SteelGal43
02-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Hell I don't even mind the post TD celebration he did - even though it should have cost us 15 yards. It was the freakin' super bowl.

THANK YOU !!! First, there is no way anyone can draw a comparison between CJ/TO and Holmes/Ward. Secondly, thank you, stlrtruck, for pointing out it WAS the Super Bowl. I think Holmes l'il endzone celebration was EXTREMELY mild in comparison to what he'd just done. An amazing catch, to top of an amazing drive, to take the lead in the SUPER BOWL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HometownGal
02-06-2009, 11:18 AM
People - we just won a SUPER BOWL for God's sake - couldn't the B & M'ing have waited a few more weeks - or months? :doh::banging:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Morgan, I honestly dont like much of the showboating in the game. I prefer Barry Sanders handing the ball to the official and acting like he's done it before.

But, try and relax and let it go. You are starting to sound like an old guy who isnt getting enough bran in his diet. Don't take it as a hack.......I have 2 kids and make sure I get my fibre. :chuckle:

Steelcitygal87
02-06-2009, 11:23 AM
THANK YOU !!! First, there is no way anyone can draw a comparison between CJ/TO and Holmes/Ward. Secondly, thank you, stlrtruck, for pointing out it WAS the Super Bowl. I think Holmes l'il endzone celebration was EXTREMELY mild in comparison to what he'd just done. An amazing catch, to top of an amazing drive, to take the lead in the SUPER BOWL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Extremely mild?? IF he had been flagged....and the Steelers had gone on to lose that game...hardly anyone would be talking about his amazing catch. He would most likely be the goat. Just because he didn't get caught doesn't mean it wasn't the stupid/wrong thing to do. And yeah, the fact that it WAS the SUPER BOWL made the stakes even higher and he should have had his head in the game even more.

El-Gonzo Jackson
People - we just won a SUPER BOWL for God's sake - couldn't the B & M'ing have waited a few more weeks - or months? :doh::banging:

HTG, we had 4 days to celebrate and now its back to normal. :laughing:

Trade Parker, Cowher is predictible, Arians sucks, Kordell Sucks, the O line cant block, Mahan sucks, We need a BIG RB, Why dont we have cheerleaders?, bring back block letters on the jerseys, Timmons is a bust, catch the ball Ike, catch the ball Sweed..............did I forget something? :noidea:

7SteelGal43

I vote "never" . People....we just won the SUPER BOWL...our SIXTH. PLEASE for the sake of all that is Black and Gold, get off Holmes and Ward and the exuberance they show after making a great play, wether it's a TD or a first down. Hell, if they didn't have that kind of fire, I don't think I'd want them to be Steelers. Again, it's not like they go all TO or CJ...right ?!!!!

coldsweat
02-06-2009, 11:26 AM
None of us have ever been involved in a game with that magnatude. I know I would celebrate everything.

Should have seen me the day my daughter was born, You would have thought I won the superbowl alone!

7SteelGal43
02-06-2009, 11:27 AM
But, try and relax and let it go. You are starting to sound like an old guy who isnt getting enough bran in his diet.

:toofunny::rofl::sofunny::laughing:

Steelcitygal87
I don't think it is wrong to point out what you see as a potential problem getting out of hand, with a player, that needs addressed.

HometownGal
I vote "never" . People....we just won the SUPER BOWL...our SIXTH. PLEASE for the sake of all that is Black and Gold, get off Holmes and Ward and the exuberance they show after making a great play, wether it's a TD or a first down. Hell, if they didn't have that kind of fire, I don't think I'd want them to be Steelers. Again, it's not like they go all TO or CJ...right ?!!!!

:applaudit::thumbsup:

El-Gonzo - you're a trip without the acid. :wink02::chuckle:

scsteeler
I personally think that celebrating is fine so long as you don't do it directly toward another player or the other team. Hell if I made the game winning catch to win it all I would be on a High and my emotions may over take me.

Asking players to keep their emotions in check in a game where emotions are a main part of your play is some what crazy in my opinion. I do think we need to stop it when a players goal is to demoralize another player or that team but we need to somehow allow a little celebration.

And a lot of people have posted that they wish Tomlin would show a little bit more emotions. Hmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Maybe some will think he is ShowBoating.

The_WARDen
How old are some of you? Like 60??
:noidea:

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Extremely mild?? IF he had been flagged....and the Steelers had gone on to lose that game...hardly anyone would be talking about his amazing catch. He would most likely be the goat. Just because he didn't get caught doesn't mean it wasn't the stupid/wrong thing to do. And yeah, the fact that it WAS the SUPER BOWL made the stakes even higher and he should have had his head in the game even more.

And if the refs swallow their whistles on the very questionable holding call on Hartwig, we have 1st down and 10 at the 20-yard line with about 3 minutes to go and probably kill the clock from there and my heart would have been spared another near-attack.

To be honest, I don't like the celebration crap either, but that's pro sports in the 21st century, unfortunately. It's not on Tomlin to try and eradicate it from the NFL.

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2009, 11:29 AM
the same Holmes who after the game instead of partying, went back to his hotel room with his kids a watched Madagascar II and spent the night with his family.

I give him a pass for his Showboat at that moment.

As for Woodley...pretty sure it was Farrior that took off his helmet.

What I am more concerned about, and want addressed this off season is the Redzone Scoring. If we get 7 instead of 3 we beat teams by much wider margins. So sick of settling for FGs. We need a better Goal Line performance and better performance from inside the 10. Seems we get inside the 20 pretty easily, but when its 1st and goal from the 9 or less, we always seem to settle for FGs. I hate that.

Anyway...that's all I got on that. As a Steeler fan to Steeler fans.

HometownGal
02-06-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't think it is wrong to point out what you see as a potential problem getting out of hand, with a player, that needs addressed.

I think it's wrong considering the same player that is being B & M'd about made one of the greatest TD catches in SB history that won the Steelers their 6th SB only FIVE days ago. :banging::doh: In the grand scheme of things - it just isn't a huge deal. If Tomlin feels it is, I'm sure he will address it in camp.

Steelcitygal87
02-06-2009, 11:30 AM
I think it's wrong considering the same player that is being B & M'd about made one of the greatest TD catches in SB history that won the Steelers their 6th SB only FIVE days ago. :banging::doh: In the grand scheme of things - it just isn't a huge deal. If Tomlin feels it is, I'm sure he will address it in camp.

You are right. I apologize.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-06-2009, 11:31 AM

:rofl:
WARDen.....I have been a fan for over 30 years and even I find this thread like "a grumpy old persons thread"

I gotta go take my Geritol and Ovaltine and have an afternoon nap. :coffee:

HometownGal
02-06-2009, 11:32 AM

WTH does age have to do with anything here?

For the record, I just turned 29. :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-06-2009, 11:34 AM
:applaudit::thumbsup:

El-Gonzo - you're a trip without the acid. :wink02::chuckle:

DONT TAKE THE BROWN ACID....MAANNNNN! :hypno: :peace:

NJarhead
02-06-2009, 11:36 AM

Liar. :laughing:

Personally, I hate the excessive celbration rule. If anything, time it so it doesn't go on forever, but I love the celebrations.

The NFL brain trust have been making some very questionable decisions over the years: Excessive celebration, rules to make scoring easier, taking the pro bowl out of Hawaii and moving it to the week before the Super Bowl. That's just a few off the top of my head. Some real head scratchers IMO.

stillers4me
02-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Geez......give the guy a break. He just caught the game winning pass (with flair and precision) in the biggest game he's ever played in. Yeah, technically it's a penalty but I dare any one of you to do the same thing and not go all giddy.

I'm sure Tomlin will address the celebrations next year.......a reminder that there is a consequence that can affect the team and the game. For now.....party on !

atlsteelers
02-06-2009, 11:54 AM
who cares. i loved the catch and since the ref did not see the celebration - i could care less.

as far harrison's roughing penetly - football is a violent game. if you are between the lines you need to be prepared to hit or be hit. i liked it besides the foot it cost us at the goal line.

Fire Haley
02-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Bitter crackers!

Bitter crackers!

BAWK!

xFreeWord420x
02-06-2009, 12:07 PM
In my eyes, Santonio's celebration was harmless.

Now, to compare his celebration to anything TO or Ocho Cinco do is just tremendously incorrect. They way Chad and Terell do it, is unsportsman like. Jumping into the dog pound when your the away team.. or stomping on the terrible towl.. Or cracking fun at any individuals.

I also would love to see all of you, work your entire life, to get to the spot Santonio was in, and not celebrate. You figure a lot of these guys are working from age 6, in phantom football.

To be honest, I expect much more celebration out of him, and personally would have celebrated more.

Morgan
02-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Those of you who say I'm wrong still haven't answered my question... how would you feel if the scenario that I outlined had gone down? I doubt you'd feel the same. They SHOULD NOT do things that are against the rules. "That's the NFL today" is a b.s. justification.

I too thought it was Harrison who took his helmet off, but the official gamebook of the game put the penalty on Woodley.

I'm not even 40. I love celebration. But if it's celebration that gets you penalties, you shouldn't do it. Why's that so hard to understand? You simply don't give the other guys something to kvetch about.

Morgan
02-06-2009, 12:16 PM
In my eyes, Santonio's celebration was harmless.

Now, to compare his celebration to anything TO or Ocho Cinco do is just tremendously incorrect. They way Chad and Terell do it, is unsportsman like. Jumping into the dog pound when your the away team.. or stomping on the terrible towl.. Or cracking fun at any individuals.

I also would love to see all of you, work your entire life, to get to the spot Santonio was in, and not celebrate. You figure a lot of these guys are working from age 6, in phantom football.

To be honest, I expect much more celebration out of him, and personally would have celebrated more.

You mean like using the football as a telephone? One of them got flagged for that.. looks a lot like what Tone got away with by pure luck. AGAIN, NOBODY said he shouldn't celebrate. Please show me where I said that. I said he shouldn't showboat in a manner that is illegal in the NFL today. And he did, and if he'd been caught, it could have been a very different ending, with the Cards celebrating their first instead of the Steelers celebrating our 6th.

I'm happy. Don't get me wrong. But I'd like to celebrate SEVEN NEXT YEAR, and if the team is staring a downward slide in on-field behavior, that won't happen.

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm happy. Don't get me wrong. But I'd like to celebrate SEVEN NEXT YEAR, and if the team is staring a downward slide in on-field behavior, that won't happen.

Dude, he went a little overboard in a Super Bowl, and it's now going to jeopardize our efforts to repeat? Guys like TO and CJ pull that crap in preseason games. Get a grip. :coffee:

Morgan
02-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, you're right... nobody ever starts to exhibit bad behavior and then gets worse because everyone around them says, "That wasn't that bad."

Again, PLEASE, answer my question... if Tone had been flagged, and if the fumble was overturned and it cost them the game, would you be telling me to get a grip?

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Sorry, I'm not playing the "if" game. Like I said before, IF the refs swallow their whistles on the ticky-tack holding call on Hartwig, we have the ball with a first down at the 20-yard line with less than 3 minutes left to go and the Cards probably don't even see the ball again.

7SteelGal43
02-06-2009, 12:26 PM
yeah, I'd say the key to this whole thread is GET A GRIP! :champs: and don't you forget it :tt03:

stlrtruck
02-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Those of you who say I'm wrong still haven't answered my question... how would you feel if the scenario that I outlined had gone down? I doubt you'd feel the same. They SHOULD NOT do things that are against the rules. "That's the NFL today" is a b.s. justification.

I too thought it was Harrison who took his helmet off, but the official gamebook of the game put the penalty on Woodley.

I'm not even 40. I love celebration. But if it's celebration that gets you penalties, you shouldn't do it. Why's that so hard to understand? You simply don't give the other guys something to kvetch about.

Let me answer so you can cool your jets and enjoy this victory.

If it would have been Fitz, Boldin, or any other cardinal, I would have expected them to do the same thing. Then I would have expected my team to drive down the field and make a last second effort to win the game. And if Holmes' celebration cost us 15 on the kickoff then I would expect 1 of 2 things: 1) Jeff Reed gets a hold of one and it doesn't matter or 2) Our defense comes out and knocks them back a few yards.

I've never bitched and moaned about celebrations - ever. Heck, I've even laughed at a few of them. I think they should be allowed a little space to celebrate - especially in the Super Bowl. May Fitz didn't know what to do after he scored his second TD or maybe he just doesn't celebrate - that's him. Too bad for the cardinal fans.

Now I have a question for you....what's so hard about letting it go? The what if's are useless at this point? I mean WHAT IF the ref's actually called some of the other penalties in the game that got let go (i.e. Hines Ward being swung at early in the first or Ike being swung at on the sidelines by a cardinals player on the sidelines)?

You see where this is going. The reality of the whole situation is that those other penalties didn't get caught by the refs and neither did Holmes'. What did happen is that Holmes caught the ball for the game winning TD and the Steelers are 6x Super Bowl Champs - ENJOY IT!

aries4972
02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! for pointing out about Santonio's showboating( I was beginning to think I was the only fan who noticed this)..I am SICK of him behaving in that manner. It is the only thing that turns me off about him. I brought this same topic up in a thread a few months ago. He does show signs of a lack of discipline , and not keeping his head in the game. At one time( I believe it was last season)I saw him back-peddle into the end zone.....UNCALLED FOR. He is still young... but if this is not addressed now he could end up going the way of T.O....BIG EGO...too big for his britches. Lord knows I do not want to see that happen. He is such a wonderfully talented and gifted receiver...he doesn't need to do all that showboating CRAP. Let your play on the field speak as to what a great athlete you are. That other stuff is unnecessary. It is supposed to be about the TEAM...not about YOU. I think he would do well to keep that in mind.

"Who else was SCREAMING at the TV that he needed to get back to the HUDDLE after catching a first down pass on the final drive with the clock running instead of strutting farther down field?" I WAS!! I could not believe what I was seeing..I was screaming...'HOLMES...what the heck are you doing????'.. and this is the freaking Super Bowl for crying out loud! That is exactly what I am talking about...he should have been aware that the CLOCK WAS RUNNING...and busted his butt to get back to the line of scrimmage instead of stopping to say...'LOOKY at ME I just got us a first down!!'...It was ridiculous.

:banging:Had we lost the game I could understand your gripe but since we won this all sounds like someone LOOKING hard for something to bicth about. WE WON THE FRIGGIN SUPERBOWL. You think as a fan you could just enjoy that.... I know ....I know... but "what if he had been penalized what if...what if....:blah::blah:. come on man Santonio is young, he has growing up to do sure. but instead of looking at what he shouldn't do look at the stuff he's done. personally I think we watched him mature leaps and bounds this season and next season will be no different. and all about your "he's gonna be like T.O." BS. I'll tell you this ...an attitude like T.O.'s not only comes from the indivdual( i think he's bi-polar) it also comes from the organization that nurtures it **see Dallas Cowboy** players like T.O. could not play for the Steelers and atitiude like his would not be nutured here so I have no fear of Santonio turning into a "T.O." ...........................just my "6" cents :coffee::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

stlrtruck
02-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Ok Morgan I've got another question for you...

Where you yelling at the TV when Warner took his helmet off to talk to the referee? Just curious because that also is a 15 yard penalty that the ref saw and didn't call.

Point being - that bs don't matter now does it?

The_WARDen
02-06-2009, 01:05 PM

I'm 40 and I'm not complaining! I don't get it...we just won the SB and ppl complain about something.

I don't get it!

Allow yourself to enjoy this...

:tt02:

Steelcitygal87
02-06-2009, 01:06 PM
:banging:Had we lost the game I could understand your gripe but since we won this all sounds like someone LOOKING hard for something to bicth about. WE WON THE FRIGGIN SUPERBOWL. You think as a fan you could just enjoy that.... I know ....I know... but "what if he had been penalized what if...what if....:blah::blah:. come on man Santonio is young, he has growing up to do sure. but instead of looking at what he shouldn't do look at the stuff he's done. personally I think we watched him mature leaps and bounds this season and next season will be no different. and all about your "he's gonna be like T.O." BS. I'll tell you this ...an attitude like T.O.'s not only comes from the indivdual( i think he's bi-polar) it also comes from the organization that nurtures it **see Dallas Cowboy** players like T.O. could not play for the Steelers and atitiude like his would not be nutured here so I have no fear of Santonio turning into a "T.O." ...........................just my "6" cents :coffee::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

I have already apologized.

westcoastransplant
02-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Ok Morgan I've got another question for you...

Where you yelling at the TV when Warner took his helmet off to talk to the referee? Just curious because that also is a 15 yard penalty that the ref saw and didn't call.

Point being - that bs don't matter now does it?

If Santonio had been flagged, this would have been scrutinized just as much as the "why didn't they review the last fumble" play. But both weren't so they were harmless. Personnaly, I hate the excessive celebrations in the endzone. But think about it, Santonio just caught the biggest TD of his career and I doubt he'll catch a bigger one. I thought his celebration was a lot tamer then if a player like TO or Oucho Stinko made the same catch.

xFreeWord420x
02-06-2009, 03:04 PM
You mean like using the football as a telephone? One of them got flagged for that.. looks a lot like what Tone got away with by pure luck. AGAIN, NOBODY said he shouldn't celebrate. Please show me where I said that. I said he shouldn't showboat in a manner that is illegal in the NFL today. And he did, and if he'd been caught, it could have been a very different ending, with the Cards celebrating their first instead of the Steelers celebrating our 6th.

I think you are reading way to much into this.. Celebration isn't going to keep us from celebrating a 7th super bowl. To think that it ever would, is just ridiculous. Why look into what could have happen, when what did, is already over. "What if?"... We could ask that about the whole game. I think you are just taking it way to seriously.. You also don't have much faith in the #1 defense. So, he gets busted for celebrating, and gets 15 yards taken off the kick. Reed has a strong leg, and they didn't get much of a return. Our defense still doesn't allow them to march 60 yards(Thats giving them a decent return).

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
02-06-2009, 03:21 PM
His celebration was during an Official's timeout, no penalty there.

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 03:47 PM
willie wasnt penalized for rolling the footie like a bowling ball (which i thought was a subte tribute to jerome).

although it was earlier in the playoffs can we complain about that too?

he also shakes his head back and forth and screams after a big gain.

bastard!

Morgan
02-06-2009, 04:35 PM
So the answer that nobody wants to say is "YES" if the scenario had turned out differently, they'd be pissed. I guess I AM old. I'm old enough to remember over TWENTY FREAKING YEARS of a lack of playoff success an no Super Bowls.

This isn't about "celebrating". The forest that some of you don't see for the trees being in the way is that it's about discipline.

WHY would I scream at Warner for taking his helmet off? I'd like the other guys to freaking implode. Be undisciplined idiots. Scream at their offensive coordinators. Cry to their QBs. Take punches at the refs.

Holmes' little display was not "during an official time out" and Mike P. the NFL head of officiating stated that if the refs had seen him, they'd have flagged him.

I really can't freakin' believe some of you guys. ALL I'm saying is that players should avoid doing on the field the UNNECESSARY things that get you flagged for what the NFL deems as a penalty. What, are you a bunch of darn Raider fans who LIKE penalties or something? Seriously.

I'm not against celebrating. I'd like the NFL to get rid of the dang rule. What Holmes did was totally innocuous. And TOTALLY against the rules of the NFL, and COULD have cost them this game, but in the future might ACTUALLY cost them a game. 11-5 wasn't good enough for the Pats to make the playoffs. 1 stupid loss can keep you out of the playoffs. A team should take every opportunity to make it, and STUPID penalties that are UNNECESSARY are like wizzing in the wind. But I guess you Raider-type fans LIKE the penalties.... I find that odd, but hey, I've only ever been a Steeler fan. The point is, I hope he grows up just a little bit MORE.

That bs doesn't matter now? No, but it could matter in the future. What's the point in all this? Wait... isn't the point of a message board like this for fans to talk about the team? How about this.... Sweed doesn't need to change, he had that one good block, he doesn't need to improve his game and stop dropping balls. Oh what? that's not true? He needs to improve?

All I'm saying is that Holmes shouldn't be breaking the NFL's excessive celebration rule and he shouldn't be strutting around down field with the clock running when the team is behind in the 4th quarter with every OTHER player on the team is rushing to get to the line. Discipline. The teach that in Jr. High and Pop Warner, folks. He's got a kid, he should understand a little bit about being responsible and mature when it matters, and celebrating when the job is done.

Steelersfanforlife
02-06-2009, 04:36 PM

Imagine this scenario...

Santonio Holmes should celebrate a touchdown with his teammates and not try to use the ball as a prop. just my opinion

Morgan
02-06-2009, 04:37 PM
willie wasnt penalized for rolling the footie like a bowling ball (which i thought was a subte tribute to jerome).

although it was earlier in the playoffs can we complain about that too?

he also shakes his head back and forth and screams after a big gain.

bastard!

Players aren't hit with unsportsmanlike for spiking the ball, or putting it on the ground or dunking it over the goal post, so I'd guess his little "bowl" of the ball (which I believe was indeed an homage to Bettis who was at the game, and Jerome said that Willie had given him a look) was viewed as the same thing.

Head shaking and yelling also have been judged as not unsportsmanlike.

Not my rules...the NFL's. The ones the officials use to decide when to throw the flag and penalize teams.

Muppet13
02-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Quit complaining, and celebrate the awesome win!

HometownGal
02-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Quit complaining, and celebrate the awesome win!

My point exactly. :drink:

Why not rejoice in a phenomenal season that few of us expected and a hard-fought and much deserved Steelers unprecedented 6th Super Bowl title instead of looking for things to nitpick about? :banging:

touchdownward
02-06-2009, 05:45 PM
And furthermore, the Steelers have won way too may Super Bowls, they should give some other teams a chance at one. Damn them, damn their souls to hell. :chuckle:

HometownGal
02-06-2009, 05:52 PM
And furthermore, the Steelers have won way too may Super Bowls, they should give some other teams a chance at one. Damn them, damn their souls to hell. :chuckle:

Can you believe - I actually heard a female Steelers fan (supposedly) say that at my doc's office? :jawdrop: Her exact comment was "the Steelers have won enough Super Bowls - time to let someone else have one". I wanted to let her have one - right in the kisser. :mad: I just looked at her, laughed hysterically for about 5 seconds and went back to reading my magazine. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Players aren't hit with unsportsmanlike for spiking the ball, or putting it on the ground or dunking it over the goal post, so I'd guess his little "bowl" of the ball (which I believe was indeed an homage to Bettis who was at the game, and Jerome said that Willie had given him a look) was viewed as the same thing.

.and therein lies the problem. you can use the ball as a prop basketball or bowling ball. you can throw it to the ground, or you can lie it on the ground, you can throw it into the stands, you can toss it to a ref but you cant shake it and toss it in the air.

how the hell is santonio supposed to guess that the refs would deem that a penalty, considering all the other shit you CAN do with the ball?

pereria was a moron for declaring that he used it for a prop and that he shoulda been flagged had he been seen. i woulda went absolutely ballistic if they called that on him and it cost the steelers the game.

i woulnt blame the player, and have no problem admitting that i would blame the refs for stealing a sb and having the fix on, til the day i died. :noidea:

NEPAsteeler
02-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Can you believe - I actually heard a female Steelers fan (supposedly) say that at my doc's office? :jawdrop: Her exact comment was "the Steelers have won enough Super Bowls - time to let someone else have one". I wanted to let her have one - right in the kisser. :mad: I just looked at her, laughed hysterically for about 5 seconds and went back to reading my magazine. :chuckle:

The Steelers can NEVER win too many Super Bowls, even if they need to add a whole 'nother room for all the Lombardi Trophies! :tt02:

touchdownward
02-06-2009, 06:09 PM
The Steelers need to learn to play nice nice so that others will have a chance to share in the glory. :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
02-06-2009, 07:15 PM
all the what if's! so it tone gets the 15 yrd unsprtsman like i'd bet tony pay check we squib kick it and we play our normal defense not the prevent shiat! You say to act like you been there, but again i would bet tonys paycheck you where going crazy when he scored! I am sure youo didnt just sit there! there is nothing wrong with a bit of celebration! And before ya get that age thing going again i too waited 25 years between super bowl victories! So i think it isnt a age thing, but preference! Anyway ENJOY the win for a week or 2! :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

xFreeWord420x
02-06-2009, 07:18 PM
So the answer that nobody wants to say is "YES" if the scenario had turned out differently, they'd be pissed. I guess I AM old. I'm old enough to remember over TWENTY FREAKING YEARS of a lack of playoff success an no Super Bowls.

This isn't about "celebrating". The forest that some of you don't see for the trees being in the way is that it's about discipline.

WHY would I scream at Warner for taking his helmet off? I'd like the other guys to freaking implode. Be undisciplined idiots. Scream at their offensive coordinators. Cry to their QBs. Take punches at the refs.

Holmes' little display was not "during an official time out" and Mike P. the NFL head of officiating stated that if the refs had seen him, they'd have flagged him.

I really can't freakin' believe some of you guys. ALL I'm saying is that players should avoid doing on the field the UNNECESSARY things that get you flagged for what the NFL deems as a penalty. What, are you a bunch of darn Raider fans who LIKE penalties or something? Seriously.

I'm not against celebrating. I'd like the NFL to get rid of the dang rule. What Holmes did was totally innocuous. And TOTALLY against the rules of the NFL, and COULD have cost them this game, but in the future might ACTUALLY cost them a game. 11-5 wasn't good enough for the Pats to make the playoffs. 1 stupid loss can keep you out of the playoffs. A team should take every opportunity to make it, and STUPID penalties that are UNNECESSARY are like wizzing in the wind. But I guess you Raider-type fans LIKE the penalties.... I find that odd, but hey, I've only ever been a Steeler fan. The point is, I hope he grows up just a little bit MORE.

That bs doesn't matter now? No, but it could matter in the future. What's the point in all this? Wait... isn't the point of a message board like this for fans to talk about the team? How about this.... Sweed doesn't need to change, he had that one good block, he doesn't need to improve his game and stop dropping balls. Oh what? that's not true? He needs to improve?

All I'm saying is that Holmes shouldn't be breaking the NFL's excessive celebration rule and he shouldn't be strutting around down field with the clock running when the team is behind in the 4th quarter with every OTHER player on the team is rushing to get to the line. Discipline. The teach that in Jr. High and Pop Warner, folks. He's got a kid, he should understand a little bit about being responsible and mature when it matters, and celebrating when the job is done.

First off, We have all been through some sort of rough spot with the steelers. Second, to call us "Raider-like Steelers fans" is just ridiculous. Gtfo. We could go through the whole season... "What if we didn't beat the Ravens, What if?"... Celebrating one of the biggest TD catches in NFL history is childish and wrong? If that is so, who the fack wants to be right?

You are little to critical, being your watching the SB from your sofa at home, and they are playing in it. Dood, seriously settle down, and stop insulting your fellow steelers nation because we don't ponder what if as much as you. Talk about being a true fan? Celebrate and rejoice about a huge historical victory like a TRUE FAN.

I think someone is watching a little to much 1st and 10, or NFL live.

Stlrs4Life
02-06-2009, 07:31 PM

Imagine this scenario...

I agree, and hope Mike talks abut this.

lilyoder6
02-06-2009, 08:17 PM
hines ward does a lil celebration after he gets a 1st down.. it's what ppl do.. and honestly.. a catch that is 10 or more yrds.. and ur running no huddle.. by the time the o-line get to the los the wr celebrating will alrdy be lined up for the snap of the play..

and another thing.. it wasn't like there wasn't time left.. there was still a good amount of time left.. even after we called our final TO there was 49 sec left

rick723
02-06-2009, 08:58 PM

I think the most bitching is after passes on the field, he held it out and did the little cutsey tutsey drop the ball instead of lining up for another play.

rick723
02-06-2009, 08:59 PM
hines ward does a lil celebration after he gets a 1st down.. it's what ppl do.. and honestly.. a catch that is 10 or more yrds.. and ur running no huddle.. by the time the o-line get to the los the wr celebrating will alrdy be lined up for the snap of the play..

and another thing.. it wasn't like there wasn't time left.. there was still a good amount of time left.. even after we called our final TO there was 49 sec left

Wouldn't have had to call a TO if he lined his ass up.

Fire Haley
02-06-2009, 09:05 PM
No whining

http://www.welt.de/multimedia/archive/00745/eng_NFL_triumpf2_BM_745275g.jpg

Stover4Prez
02-06-2009, 09:13 PM
how the hell is santonio supposed to guess that the refs would deem that a penalty, considering all the other shit you CAN do with the ball?

Because he gets paid MILLIONS of dollars to be a PROFESSIONAL athlete! Know your job! If the refs had seen it, there would be no one to blame except Santonio!

I don't play football and don't get paid squat to watch it and I know the rule!

Steeldude
02-06-2009, 09:18 PM
generation Y is all "ME ME ME". i will never understand why players have to celebrate after routine plays. act like you have done it before. the NFL needs to be more strict with the showboating.

and yes, i was upset when holmes went off to do another moronic dance instead getting back to the huddle while time was running down. fortunately, it didn't cost the steelers, but next time you never know.

players nowadays need to realize it's a team effort/game, not a place where you show off your latest dance steps because you gained a yard.

X-Terminator
02-06-2009, 09:58 PM
My point exactly. :drink:

Why not rejoice in a phenomenal season that few of us expected and a hard-fought and much deserved Steelers unprecedented 6th Super Bowl title instead of looking for things to nitpick about? :banging:

I think we called this one several months ago after a Steelers win where people here were constantly bellyaching - if they managed to win the Super Bowl, there would be SOMEBODY on here finding something to bitch about. Nice to see that we weren't disappointed. :shake01:

Look folks, we just won the freaking SB 5 days ago. You know, their 6th championship, cementing their status as the gold standard of the NFL, and all that jazz? Why in the hell is ANYONE nitpicking ANYTHING at this point??? Do you realize how many teams would give their nutsacks just to win ONE??

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Wouldn't have had to call a TO if he lined his ass up.

Jesus H. Christ - Tomlin called the timeout while Ben and the rest of the offense were still running down the field to get in formation to spike it. :rolleyes:

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 10:14 PM

Wonder if she was saying the same thing in 2005 before we won our 5th and were still in the midst of a 26-year title drought? :rolleyes:

BlastFurnace
02-06-2009, 10:22 PM

BEST POST OF THIS ENTIRE THREAD!

...AND YES...I AM YELLING!!!!

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Because he gets paid MILLIONS of dollars to be a PROFESSIONAL athlete! Know your job! If the refs had seen it, there would be no one to blame except Santonio!

then by all means, fill us in and impart your wisdom...

:coffee:

are you talking about the rule that says you can use tha ball as a prop for a basketball or bowlong ball but cant shake it as if its a magic 8 ball, salt shaker or can of talcum powder? :noidea:

or are you talking about the rule that if a player simply hands the ball to a ref, that same ref can use his "discretion" to discern that the said player was using the ball as a prop for a mailman or paper delivery boy?

maybe a ref thinks a player is pretending to hand him his walking papers. :noidea:

when give the refs that type of discretion to decide what is the intent behind a players jubilance in one of the most historical plays of the game there is an obvious flaw in the system that has NOTHING to do with what happens on the field of play.

the refs dont need to decide these games. the players and skills of santonio holmes do.

this is the nfl's fault for being wishy-washy and ambiguous. not the players fault for being slightly exuberant after a tremendous play.

i guarantee you NO ref has been in the same position as holmes was after that play was ruled as the game winner.

for a ref to judge him and try to use it against his team would be a complete travesty.

if the freaking nfl wants to make it a rule that every player needs to simply hand the ball over to a ref after a td, then they need to get off of their asses and do so.

take it out of the hands of the refs. they have proven to be morons who themselves are unaware of the actual intent of the supposed "rules".

'nuff said as far as im concerned.

:applaudit:

BlastFurnace
02-06-2009, 10:24 PM
I think we called this one several months ago after a Steelers win where people here were constantly bellyaching - if they managed to win the Super Bowl, there would be SOMEBODY on here finding something to bitch about. Nice to see that we weren't disappointed. :shake01:

Look folks, we just won the freaking SB 5 days ago. You know, their 6th championship, cementing their status as the gold standard of the NFL, and all that jazz? Why in the hell is ANYONE nitpicking ANYTHING at this point??? Do you realize how many teams would give their nutsacks just to win ONE??

Great Post!

I can't believe any Steelers fan can find anything to complain about at this point!

Not directed at you X-Term....PEOPLE...WE JUST WON THE FREAKING SUPER BOWL. ENJOY IT! THEY DON'T COME AROUND THAT OFTEN!

BlastFurnace
02-06-2009, 10:26 PM

I blame it on our new Govt's plan to "Share the Wealth". It has infested the rational thinking of good fans.

SC Steeler Steve
02-06-2009, 10:28 PM
I am certainly glad that none of the antics cost us. They could have. I am not in favor of the no fun league. It is an emotional and violent game and when players do good and are high on adrenaline then they cant help but show heavy emotion.

But now that i said that I say this, YES I was screaming at the top of my lungs at Santonio To get The profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter back to the huddle, what the profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter are you doing get back to the huddle so we can spike it. You could see Ben running up giving the spike signal and Sanny was just walking furhter away. Very aggravating, but he proved what kind of player he is 2 plays later. I still love him, just hope he uses better judgement in the future.

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 10:29 PM
generation Y is all "ME ME ME". i will never understand why players have to celebrate after routine plays. act like you have done it before. the NFL needs to be more strict with the showboating.

and yes, i was upset when holmes went off to do another moronic dance instead getting back to the huddle while time was running down. fortunately, it didn't cost the steelers, but next time you never know.

players nowadays need to realize it's a team effort/game, not a place where you show off your latest dance steps because you gained a yard.holmes gained more than a yard and their was nothing routine about any of his plays on that final drive, despite what lynn swann might say.

in fact, one of the most "routine" plays of that drive was the catch santonio dropped before the game clinching play.

:hunch:

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 10:32 PM
I am certainly glad that none of the antics cost us. They could have. I am not in favor of the no fun league. It is an emotional and violent game and when players do good and are high on adrenaline then they cant help but show heavy emotion.

but...

but...

but...

they are paid millions, therefore should be expected to mentally contain a physiological response known as adrenaline release. :noidea:

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 10:36 PM

STFU. :coffee:

LVSteelersfan
02-06-2009, 10:43 PM
I have no problem with what happened in that game. I DO however have a problem with him getting caught with pot in his car which is a totally different thing altogether. That little episode is not over and could cost the Steelers dearly if they prosecute him and jail him. I doubt it will happen but Holmes is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode if he doesn't grow up. He needs to be a man and not run around with his "POSSE" getting in trouble. Save that for the Ray Lewises of the world.

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 10:47 PM
I have no problem with what happened in that game. I DO however have a problem with him getting caught with pot in his car which is a totally different thing altogether. That little episode is not over and could cost the Steelers dearly if they prosecute him and jail him.

Huh? He got a fine for it and he paid it. He was benched for a game by Tomlin and no further repercussions from the NFL are forthcoming for it. Case closed.

Stover4Prez
02-06-2009, 10:50 PM
STFU. :coffee:

Really? Thanks for the mutual respect. I say that he broke a rule and doesn't have a good excuse for it and you tell me to STFU?

Stay classy.

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Really? Thanks for the mutual respect. I say that he broke a rule and doesn't have a good excuse for it and you tell me to STFU?

Stay classy.

Coming from a fan of a team that brags about bounties on opposing players in the media. I know it was whitewashed by Kommissar Goodell's office, but it seems to me that is against the rules too. You "stay classy" as well. :coffee:

Stover4Prez
02-06-2009, 10:58 PM
It is against the rules. I'm not arguing that and I'm not the one who put a bounty on one of your players. I stated that Santonio is paid to play football professionally. And just like everyone else in the world who is payed for a job, he should know the rules of said job. If he got flagged and then claimed he "didn't know you couldn't use a ball as a prop." it would not be a legit excuse. You can disagree with me, but don't tell me to STFU!

So I will stay classy and keep the discussion to football and its players and rules instead of posting a personal attack on another poster.

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 11:01 PM
It is against the rules. I'm not arguing that and I'm not the one who put a bounty on one of your players. I stated that Santonio is paid to play football professionally. And just like everyone else in the world who is payed for a job, he should know the rules of said job. If he got flagged and then claimed he "didn't know you couldn't use a ball as a prop." it would not be a legit excuse. You can disagree with me, but don't tell me to STFU!

So I will stay classy and keep the discussion to football and its players and rules instead of posting a personal attack on another poster.

No, you're bitter and came here to pile on.

devilsdancefloor
02-06-2009, 11:06 PM
I have no problem with what happened in that game. I DO however have a problem with him getting caught with pot in his car which is a totally different thing altogether. That little episode is not over and could cost the Steelers dearly if they prosecute him and jail him. I doubt it will happen but Holmes is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode if he doesn't grow up. He needs to be a man and not run around with his "POSSE" getting in trouble. Save that for the Ray Lewises of the world.

ok he screwed up he admitted it! HELL he admitted it to the cop that stopped him (that was a step the right direction) how many "kids" or young adults do you know when they are caught red handed lie to the cops or to their parents! I think since that little run in he has taken a huge step in growing up! Instead of parting at the super bowl he stayed in the hotel and watched movies with his kids! I honestly think either FO, Coach or a vet player like hines pulled him aside and gave him what for and then lead by example!It sounds like to me he has stepped up to be a man, but you are hung up on this MISDEMEANOR! He made a mistake he learned from it lets move forward and not keep bringing it up!:thumbsup::tt03::tt03:

LVSteelersfan
02-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Huh? He got a fine for it and he paid it. He was benched for a game by Tomlin and no further repercussions from the NFL are forthcoming for it. Case closed.

Not my point at all. Bottom line is he is a selfish, stupid punk kid who has a history of problems and needs to get his priorities straight. Maybe he is past it. Maybe he is not. I am hoping he gets his act together and no more bad press comes out of Steelers camp because of the "POSSE" mentality that seems to be overtaking professional sports. There is no reason to be riding around at 3:00 and 4:00 a.m. with a bunch of neerdowells when you have kids and a wife at home. PERIOD.

Stover4Prez
02-06-2009, 11:08 PM
No, you're bitter and came here to pile on.

And you are entitled to that opinion. I have given the Steelers the credit they deserve and congratulated them in multiple threads here, so I'm not here to pile on.

Nothing I said was derogatory or insulting to your team or players. It was an honest assessment of the topic under discussion and applies to ALL players, not just Santonio.

I think if Santonio had tried to claim ignorance (which he DID NOT) he would have looked as dumb as Donavan saying "I didn't know the game could end in a tie!"

Don't hate because I'm a Ravens fan. Hate because I'm right! :chuckle:

Stover4Prez
02-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Not my point at all. Bottom line is he is a selfish, stupid punk kid who has a history of problems and needs to get his priorities straight. Maybe he is past it. Maybe he is not. I am hoping he gets his act together and no more bad press comes out of Steelers camp because of the "POSSE" mentality that seems to be overtaking professional sports. There is no reason to be riding around at 3:00 and 4:00 a.m. with a bunch of neerdowells when you have kids and a wife at home. PERIOD.

Completely agree. And I think Tomlin is the kind of coach that will take care of it on and off the field.

Discipline is the quickest way to destroy a great team. Cincy has let it get away off the field and it has killed that franchise. Billick let it get away ON the field and it killed the season. Half of the games we lost in 2007 turned drastically when a player made a STUPID and undisciplined play giving the opponent 15 yards and a fresh set of downs.

Harbaugh shut most of that down (except one here and there) and we improved greatly!

I don't think the Steelers have much to worry about as long as Tomlin keeps his normal attitude and doesn't let his players start running the show......

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 11:17 PM

:rolleyes:

It's a long way from the drug-infested streets Santonio Holmes grew up on to the brightly lit stage he stood upon Monday morning....It's all very surreal, so much so that maybe it hasn't all registered for the Most Valuable Player in Sunday's Super Bowl XLIII. After all, he didn't exactly conclude his evening with an over-the-top celebration. Instead, the Steelers receiver spent the hours after his greatest athletic achievement curled up in his hotel room watching a Disney flick with his kids.

"They were very excited about watching Madagascar 2 (Sunday) night," he said during a news conference Monday. "We definitely spent a little time together, watched the movie. I really just stayed in and relaxed a lot."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article972821.ece

Yeah, what a hellraiser. :coffee:

LVSteelersfan
02-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Yeah, tell me he was at home watching a movie with his kids when he was busted. I am saying I HOPE he is past all the selfish crap. Please. We don't need people who blow up and shoot themselves in the leg in a night club. I HOPE he learned his lesson and will be the best WR the Steelers have ever seen with no DRAMA.

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Not my point at all. Bottom line is he is a selfish, stupid punk kid who has a history of problems and needs to get his priorities straight. Maybe he is past it. Maybe he is not. I am hoping he gets his act together and no more bad press comes out of Steelers camp because of the "POSSE" mentality that seems to be overtaking professional sports. There is no reason to be riding around at 3:00 and 4:00 a.m. with a bunch of neerdowells when you have kids and a wife at home. PERIOD.get your facts straight before you spew bullshit... PERIOD.

Police say the 24-year-old, third-year player, didn't have his license when police stopped him Thursday around 4 p.m. near Mellon Arena.

you are so behind the times. you might wanna check into his sb post game activities....

next.

LVSteelersfan
02-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Everything I said is tongue in cheek in response to the OP. Just adding a little more ridiculousness to a stupid thread. It looks like Holmes is getting his act together and I hope it stays that way.

Preacher
02-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Personally,

I am sick of seeing people celebrate the dumbest things.

However, Spiking a football, or a more exuberant NON-PLANNED celebration is understandable, especially big points of a game.

Last drive, you stand up and point first down because your excited about what's happening... I understand that.

But at some point, it needs to stop.

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Everything I said is tongue in cheek in response to the OP. Just adding a little more ridiculousness to a stupid thread. It looks like Holmes is getting his act together and I hope it stays that way.oh, my bad then. :rolleyes:

because it seemed that you actually believed that he was arrested in the wee hours of the morning, thugging it up, as opposed to him factually getting pulled over mid-afternoon for driving a vehicle with tinted windows, or rims, or whatever excuse the cops made up for pulling over a black male in his tight ass whip.

aint no crime in straight lacin'.

Steeldude
02-09-2009, 11:48 AM
holmes gained more than a yard

who said he didn't? :hunch:

and their was nothing routine about any of his plays on that final drive

you have your opinion and i have my own. for a million dollar WR those are routine plays, IMO. that's what you are paid to do

despite what lynn swann might say

just swann's opinion and one i agree with.

in fact, one of the most "routine" plays of that drive was the catch santonio dropped before the game clinching play

a pass he should have easily caught. he made up for it by catching the next one

Steeldude
02-09-2009, 12:03 PM
they are paid millions, therefore should be expected to mentally contain a physiological response known as adrenaline release

they wanted the millions of overpaid dollars. it's only fair that they act accordingly/within certain rules of conduct. they are paid these ridiculous contracts to help the team win, not hurt it.

there is a limit to the celebrations.

OneForTheToe
02-09-2009, 12:40 PM

For the first time?:wave::whistle::cya:

umm ... have I mentioned how what a great moderator you are lately, HTG.:hatsoff:
I mean so patient and all.:hug::wink02:

Yea, I wish the young'ns would act like they have been there and done that. But remember, even Jerome used to do his little bounce after he got a good run going. I never thought much of it, but I know some who thought it was showboating. Also, think of all the sack dances over the years (Mark Gastineau comes to mind).

Most of the time I wish players would just not, but there have been a few time when I chuckled at a celebration. Two years ago when Porter sacked Cullpepper in the Miami game and did the arm role thing, I have to admit I laughed into my coco. So, I guess I'm guitly a bit too for sometimes enjoying it.

stlrtruck
02-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey I'm just curious did anyone notice that Holmes caught a TD pass in the Super Bowl the other day - you might remember it was a Super Bowl that THE STEELERS WON!!!

Who cares that he could have be penalized? Ok well obviously there are a few!! But it doesn't matter it didn't happen

AND THE STEELERS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS - AGAIN

Let's compare it to this little nugget. How many of us after the Super Bowl could have been pulled over for breaking the law - any law? But the cops didn't see and no one said one word to you that night or the next morning or the next week did they?

And let's face it those actions could have been more costly than a 15 yard penalty!

Thank you good night - STEELERS 6X CHAMPS!!!

Enjoy!

aries4972
02-09-2009, 02:00 PM
.... you would think with all the whining I just wondered on to a Seattle board. you guys with this " oh... oh...he shouldn't do this oh..oh... he shouldnt do that.... why can't he just hand the ball to the ref like Barry Sanders... "guess what folks..Barry Sanders doesn't play anymore would you PLEASE STFU already. we won the damn superbowl. we have a high character team with high character players anyone who disputes this just aint got sheit else to complain about. how bout visiting a bengals board they got PLENTY to Bitch about over there... this aint the 70's 80's or 90's these players are different, they have different personalities, experiences and realities. So stop trying make the Steelers a carbon copy of your cousin’s catholic school pee wee league team in terms of sportsmanship and STOP bitching

Curtain_of_Steel
02-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Yup, yelled at the TV too. Hopefully I won't be labeled a TV hater now because I was yelling at my tv. : /

Didnt fitzgerald have some access celebrating with multiple players on his go ahead td?

There is a time when the ref's need to let a little celebrating happen, especially in the latter minutes of the Superbowl game, when its swinging.

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 04:16 PM

Imagine this scenario...

...we WIN the SUPER BOWL!!!

can you picture that!? ohhh wait...it happened. who cares about that junk anymore. we've got bigger fish to fry and if Tomlin addresses this issue, i'm sure it'll be known through the team to NOT do sh*t like that...then we won't have to worry about it anymore. cause you know? what Tomlin says...goes! =)

PisnNapalm
02-09-2009, 04:19 PM
I too was hollering at the TV when Holmes went strutting into the endzone after that first down catch. The clock is ticking dumb@$$ get back in the huddle!

Steelcitygal87
02-09-2009, 04:27 PM
they wanted the millions of overpaid dollars. it's only fair that they act accordingly/within certain rules of conduct. they are paid these ridiculous contracts to help the team win, not hurt it.

there is a limit to the celebrations.

:drink:

fansince'76
02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
There is a time when the ref's need to let a little celebrating happen, especially in the latter minutes of the Superbowl game, when its swinging.

Agreed. The spirit of the rule was more to prevent the 10-minute choreographed over-the-top attention-whoring celebrations that assclowns like TO and CJ have become notorious for.

JackHammer
02-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Now I have a question for you....what's so hard about letting it go? The what if's are useless at this point?

I don't think the point is to hold onto it and be mad about it. The point is the hope that Holmes will learn how dumb it is to take those kinds of risks in the final minutes of the BIGGEST GAME, and not do it in the future. It's not so much a "what if" as it is a learning experience. The "what if's" never exist if he decides to not use the ball as a prop in his celebration. You can't deny that using the ball as a prop is illegal. You can't deny that we were lucky it wasn't called. You also can't deny that he shouldn't do it again.

To the OP, don't take these isolated things and try to twist into some crap about "The Steelers might be losing their way." Sky falling much?

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Agreed. The spirit of the rule was more to prevent the 10-minute choreographed over-the-top attention-whoring celebrations that assclowns like TO and CJ have become notorious for.

i'm waiting for the day when Terrell Owens gets a TD (if he can make a catch) and he busts into a rendition of Moulin Rouge or Cats!

St33lersguy
02-09-2009, 05:08 PM
What's this guy bitchin about the Steelers WON THE SUPERBOWL those are complete non factors and will be COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN in a day or two if this guy stops his complaining about the most trivial details and start enjoying the Superbowl win

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 05:11 PM
What's this guy bitchin about the Steelers WON THE SUPERBOWL those are complete non factors and will be COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN in a day or two if this guy stops his complaining about the most trivial details and start enjoying the Superbowl win

amen brother. =)

lilyoder6
02-09-2009, 05:36 PM
some ppl always need 2 find something wrong.. just relax..

it's a bunch of what IF"S but a what if can't change the outcome now can it

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 05:41 PM
some ppl always need 2 find something wrong.. just relax..

it's a bunch of what IF"S but a what if can't change the outcome now can it

stuff your "what ifs" in a sack. you can't change the fact we won and why should anyone care now? geez! haha!

HometownGal
02-09-2009, 05:43 PM

Some people just aren't happy unless they are B & M'ing. I know - I was married to one. :eyecrazy:

stlrtruck
02-10-2009, 11:46 AM
I don't think the point is to hold onto it and be mad about it. The point is the hope that Holmes will learn how dumb it is to take those kinds of risks in the final minutes of the BIGGEST GAME, and not do it in the future. It's not so much a "what if" as it is a learning experience. The "what if's" never exist if he decides to not use the ball as a prop in his celebration. You can't deny that using the ball as a prop is illegal. You can't deny that we were lucky it wasn't called. You also can't deny that he shouldn't do it again.

I understand what you are saying but it's the same thing as saying WHAT IF to every little nuiance of the game. You'll drive yourself, as well as a few others, crazy trying to figure out the IFs.

I mean really couldn't we do this for every second of the game? What if the refs had recognized Fitz' first TD catch as incomplete? What if they had ejected Harrison for his open hand thrust in the second half? What if they would have called a few more holds during the game? I'm just saying...it's time to say NO MORE WHAT IF'S!

I understand what the OP is trying to get to but in the biggest game of the year, with the game on the line, try and find me one person who wouldn't have celebrated!?

I guess HTG was right some people aren't happy with the victory without a little Bing & Ming to go with it. WHAT IF they never posted? :noidea:

Morgan
02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm gonna be watching. Every time someone says, "Colon has to many false starts and holds" or "I can't believe Sweed dropped that pass" or "the OL needs to improve" or "ben holds the ball too long" or or or or or or or... I'm gonna say, "SO WHAT? They won' the Super Bowl. you just can't be happy!"

Too many nuances? I'm not what iffing EVERYTHING. I'm what-iffing penalizable behavior that is voluntary and can be stopped by the guys doing it. In point of fact, I'll excuse the OL holds more than the showboating...at least holding has a purpose...it keeps Ben from getting hit again.

SteelerTim
02-10-2009, 03:41 PM
I gotta agree with you Morgan. I haven't read where you're saying you aren't enjoying the SB victory. You're just pointing out a problem area just like many have before. Just because the Steelers are SB Champs doesn't mean they don't have weaknesses.

I used to think the Steelers had some of the most knowledgeable fans around. This thread has certainly caused me to re-think that. I can't believe some of you are saying it's okay to take 15 yard penalties. Wow ... how stupid can you be? So instead of encouraging them to 'play smart' you would rather they 'play stupid'. It didn't cost them in the SB but if they continue to do this it will cost them a game down the road. That is a fact.

and to the guy who thinks it's okay to drive drunk just because he didn't get caught, please use condoms. I don't want you to multiply.

steelpride12
02-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Lets just be happy neither of these calls were made beacuse like it or not this outcome would have been different. I cannot believe Holmes celebrated, after when he caught it he sat and held the ball tight just to show he had it and it was good, and for him to go out and do the stupid ball prop penalty wow.
Woodley again another young guy needs to not let his emotions take the best of him. Yes it great when you get a sack to win a Super Bowl, but doing that gives them 15 yards and a fresh first down and that as well could mean the game. Alot of young players on this team and I hope it is addressed this offseason.

fansince'76
02-10-2009, 03:52 PM
I gotta agree with you Morgan. I haven't read where you're saying you aren't enjoying the SB victory. You're just pointing out a problem area just like many have before. Just because the Steelers are SB Champs doesn't mean they don't have weaknesses.

I used to think the Steelers had some of the most knowledgeable fans around. This thread has certainly caused me to re-think that. I can't believe some of you are saying it's okay to take 15 yard penalties. Wow ... how stupid can you be? So instead of encouraging them to 'play smart' you would rather they 'play stupid'. It didn't cost them in the SB but if they continue to do this it will cost them a game down the road. That is a fact.

and to the guy who thinks it's okay to drive drunk just because he didn't get caught, please use condoms. I don't want you to multiply.

.... I'd like to celebrate SEVEN NEXT YEAR, and if the team is staring a downward slide in on-field behavior, that won't happen.

So you also think Santo getting a little carried away by making the biggest play of his life in the biggest game of his life somehow represents a larger breakdown in team discipline and that our chances next year are doomed because of it? OK. I think someone else here needs to get a grip too.

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 04:11 PM
So you also think Santo getting a little carried away by making the biggest play of his life in the biggest game of his life represents a larger breakdown in team discipline and that our chances next year are doomed because of it? OK. I think someone else needs to get a grip, too.

I think he is looking at the overall picture... Santonio has been known to showboat in the past, and at times not always make the wisest decisions(in regards to how he behaves on the field), and if it is not addressed it might become a habit with him. He is pointing out what he sees as a lack of discipline with Holmes that might be costly down the road.

I like Holmes, I really do( was really happy when they drafted him, knowing how he performed at Ohio St.). I think he is a wonderfully talented receiver and I don't mean to come across as B & M'ing( if that is what it seems like), but I can understand a fans concern..they just want to see this kid stay on the right path. And play the game without all the nonsense showing off. Hopefully there will be no more off the field issues with him either.

SteelerTim
02-10-2009, 04:16 PM
So you also think Santo getting a little carried away by making the biggest play of his life in the biggest game of his life somehow represents a larger breakdown in team discipline and that our chances next year are doomed because of it? OK. I think someone else here needs to get a grip too.

Do you always have this problem with reading or is it something new?

fansince'76
02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Do you always have this problem with reading or is it something new?

Have you always had the habit of putting words in others' mouths and being a condescending ass, or is that something new? I don't think anybody said drawing 15-yard penalties was "OK."

fansince'76
02-10-2009, 04:24 PM
I think he is looking at the overall picture... Santonio has been known to showboat in the past, and at times not always make the wisest decisions(in regards to how he behaves on the field), and if it is not addressed it might become a habit with him. He is pointing out what he sees as a lack of discipline with Holmes that might be costly down the road.

I like Holmes, I really do( was really happy when they drafted him, knowing how he performed at Ohio St.). I think he is a wonderfully talented receiver and I don't mean to come across as B & M'ing( if that is what it seems like), but I can understand a fans concern..they just want to see this kid stay on the right path. And play the game without all the nonsense showing off. Hopefully there will be no more off the field issues with him either.

How many excessive celebration penalties did Santo get tagged with this past season? Or anybody else on the team for that matter? I don't see how this is a "big problem" moving forward.

SteelerTim
02-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Have you always had the habit of putting words in others' mouths and being a condescending ass, or is that something new? I don't think anybody said drawing 15-yard penalties was "OK."

When you say So you also think Santo getting a little carried away by making the biggest play of his life in the biggest game of his life somehow represents a larger breakdown in team discipline and that our chances next year are doomed because of it? OK. I think someone else here needs to get a grip too.

Yes, I think you are condoning actions that could draw 15 yard penalties. Was I wrong?

fansince'76
02-10-2009, 04:31 PM
When you say

Yes, I think you are condoning actions that could draw 15 yard penalties. Was I wrong?

Yes. I don't condone drawing 15-yard penalties. But when a player engages in an action that could draw a 15-yard penalty on the biggest stage of his profession in a momentary lapse of reason which was more than likely due to adrenaline more than anything else, I don't view it as a wider systemic problem. These players aren't robots. When they start pulling that crap in preseason games maybe I'll worry about it being a wider disciplinary problem a bit more.

SteelTalons
02-10-2009, 04:35 PM

He's saying this isnt common enough to be a big issue. If he was racking up 15 yard penalties every other game then it would be.

You know a celebration is... KINDA likely when you just made the biggest play of your life. Its not like theres many people that are going to get the TD during the Superbowl and just look around like... Ok? Now what.

SteelerTim
02-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Yes. I don't condone drawing 15-yard penalties. But when a player engages in an action that could draw a 15-yard penalty on the biggest stage of his profession in a momentary lapse of reason which was more than likely due to adrenaline more than anything else, I don't view it as a wider systemic problem. These players aren't robots. When they start pulling that crap in preseason games maybe I'll worry about it being a wider disciplinary problem a bit more.

Good, I'm glad you don't condone drawing 15 yard penalties. I disagree about how severe the problem is though. In the most important game of the year you have

Ike hitting someone when out-of-bounds
Deebo pounding someone on the ground
Tone with the celebration although not called
Farrior with the helmet off
Four stupid penalties while playing on the world's biggest stage. I think we have to clean that up or it will cost us in the future. I never said "we are doomed" which prompted my condescending response. I said it will cost us. Coaches tell players that playing smarter than your opponent will give you 1 or 2 additional wins during the year. That can be the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs (see 2006 season). Now, you can't play in the SB unless you make the playoffs and you can't win the SB unless you get to play in the game. I thought of some more condescending remarks to add here but I will restrain myself. :chuckle:

stlrtruck
02-10-2009, 04:52 PM
And take a look here:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=33692

You'll see a list of other things the refs missed. I have to agree with FS76, this is most likely do the adrenaline rush than anything else.

fansince'76
02-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Good, I'm glad you don't condone drawing 15 yard penalties. I disagree about how severe the problem is though. In the most important game of the year you have

Ike hitting someone when out-of-bounds
Deebo pounding someone on the ground
Tone with the celebration although not called
Farrior with the helmet off
Four stupid penalties while playing on the world's biggest stage. I think we have to clean that up or it will cost us in the future. I never said "we are doomed" which prompted my condescending response. I said it will cost us. Coaches tell players that playing smarter than your opponent will give you 1 or 2 additional wins during the year. That can be the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs (see 2006 season). Now, you can't play in the SB unless you make the playoffs and you can't win the SB unless you get to play in the game. I thought of some more condescending remarks to add here but I will restrain myself. :chuckle:

I think the difference between us making and not making the playoffs in '06 were a franchise QB taking a header into a windshield and a coach whose head was somewhere else for most of the season myself. Again, how many games did stupid celebration and unnecessary roughness penalties cost us this past season? :coffee:

SteelerTim
02-10-2009, 05:13 PM
And take a look here:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=33692

You'll see a list of other things the refs missed. I have to agree with FS76, this is most likely do the adrenaline rush than anything else.

I agree it was do to the adrenaline rush. That doesn't make it right to do it. Don't cost the team for your selfishness. Don't get me wrong ... I love the celebrations. Just run over to the sideline behind the bench and celebrate all you want.

SteelerTim
02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I think the difference between us making and not making the playoffs in '06 were a franchise QB taking a header into a windshield and a coach whose head was somewhere else for most of the season myself. Again, how many games did stupid celebration and unnecessary roughness penalties cost us this past season? :coffee:

Again it seems like you are condoning these penalties. What up?

HometownGal
02-10-2009, 05:17 PM

I think all of you are making a mountain out of a molehill with regard to this issue. It's pitiful that this thread has gotten as many reads and replies as all of the threads relating to the Steelers winning their 6th Super Bowl. Absolutely PITIFUL. :shake01:

Well - if we're going to B & M about one Steelers player who showed a little exuberance, why not bitch about another player's "antics", hmm? James Harrison, imho, had every right to pummel that douchebag who tried to take out his knees but in the grand scheme of things, he was wrong for doing so, as it showed a lack of discipline just as much as Santo's "showboating". Harrison was accused of smacking on his g/f but she dropped the charges (not a surprise). Hopefully there will be no more off the field issues with him either. :rolleyes:

fansince'76
02-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Again it seems like you are condoning these penalties. What up?

Because I'm not going to continue to bitch about them endlessly and fret about what impact they may have on future games and seasons doesn't mean I condone them. Don't see why it's so hard to figure out.

Preacher
02-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Hey Everyone...

We won the Superbowl!!!

(Just incase no one knew!) :wink02:

steelerbackr4life
02-10-2009, 05:24 PM
I think all of you are making a mountain out of a molehill with regard to this issue. It's pitiful that this thread has gotten as many reads and replies as all of the threads relating to the Steelers winning their 6th Super Bowl. Absolutely PITIFUL. :shake01:

Well - if we're going to B & M about one Steelers player who showed a little exuberance, why not bitch about another player's "antics", hmm? James Harrison, imho, had every right to pummel that douchebag who tried to take out his knees but in the grand scheme of things, he was wrong for doing so, as it showed a lack of discipline just as much as Santo's "showboating". Harrison was accused of smacking on his g/f but she dropped the charges (not a surprise). Hopefully there will be no more off the field issues with him either. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Its Football not cricket. It is what it is!

Texasteel
02-10-2009, 05:29 PM

I was getting a little curious at to how many pages we could fill complaining about the MVP of Super Bowl Win #6.

Jaquila
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
wow you guys need to slow down!! its not like someone got hurt, I saw every game this year and what I saw was a team that through out the season played for each other and was cool the whole time, then they win the SB and 1-2 players cant hold in the celebration.... seriously.... you guys need to back off.... cause the team you are dissin for lag of disciplin just won the SB because of their disciplin GO STEELERS:tt03:

HometownGal
02-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Hey Everyone...

We won the Superbowl!!!

(Just incase no one knew!) :wink02:

We did? :jawdrop: You'd never know it from the gloomers and doomers around here. :doh:

SteelerTim
02-10-2009, 06:30 PM
We did? :jawdrop: You'd never know it from the gloomers and doomers around here. :doh:

Rly? Who's the doomers and gloomers?

HometownGal
02-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Rly? Who's the doomers and gloomers?

Those of you who won't let this damned thread DIE a quick death. C'mon - we just won our 6th Super Bowl - isn't there something positive you people got out of that sensational win? :doh: I find it absolutely appalling that this ridiculous thread got more notice than ANY of the Steelers Super Bowl win threads. :horror:

SteelerTim
02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Those of you who won't let this damned thread DIE a quick death. C'mon - we just won our 6th Super Bowl - isn't there something positive you people got out of that sensational win? :doh: I find it absolutely appalling that this ridiculous thread got more notice than ANY of the Steelers Super Bowl win threads. :horror:

So you respond and keep it going ... hmmm

MACH1
02-10-2009, 07:46 PM

I know, I know....fire Arians. :uhh::tomato:

:chuckle:

SteelCityMom
02-10-2009, 07:50 PM
I know, I know....fire Arians. :uhh::tomato:

:chuckle:

And cut Ben for Lefty while we're at it. :willy:

HometownGal
02-10-2009, 07:55 PM
So you respond and keep it going ... hmmm

You quoted a post of mine and asked a question. I answered it.

Me thinks its time for this thread to take a dirt nap in the SF thread cemetery. :tombstone: