PDA

View Full Version : Who is more important to sign?? Heath Miller or Bryant McFadden?

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Everybody wants to give Kemo, Starks, B-mac, Washington a contract this year, but I wonder if anybody is considering that we need to extend Heath Miller? He made some huge catches all season and especially in the Super Bowl and is getting no love.

If you had to pay either one a contract and only 1, who do you sign?? Miller, McFadden or Starks??

steelax04
02-06-2009, 11:18 AM
It's Miller time!

The Duke
02-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Miller, and it's not even close imo

I've never been a huge BMac fan, and winning the superbowl just makes his stock rise more. Miller will come cheaper, and also give us a tiny better chance of resigning harrison

I'd be ok with Ike, Gay, Deshea, Lewis. and possibly some 3th-4th round rookie

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 11:28 AM
miller. of the 3 he is the closest to a pro bowl calibur player. very important to the run and passing game.

i said in a thread when cooley signed his extension that would be the base for millers next deal and we would be wise to extend him asap to save $$$ in the long run. (much like we did with aaron smith).

miller has made killer pancake blocks all throughout this year, post season, and entire career.

cooley- 5 yrs $30 mil. that was last year so millers price will go up.

witten in 06 signed for 6 years/ $29 mil.

TheWarDen86
02-06-2009, 11:31 AM
No question that it's Miller, but I'd still love to keep McFadden.

Milkman
02-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Miller for me also.
The guy is practically open every time runs a route.
Every time Ben sets up for a pass, I'm always screaming "Throw it to Heath...he's wide open"!

Seriously though, he is a great TE even though his numbers aren't as good as Gates or Gonzo.

It just goes to show that there's more to playing TE than just receiving numbers.

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I love McFadden, but I'd have to go with Miller.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Its exactly as I thought. So say bye to Washington, Kemo and Starks. I think the Steelers will try and sign McFadden, but if not they look to extend the deals of guys like Miller, Harrison, Holmes, Woodley.

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Miller
Washington
Kemo

Starks is a bum as LT too damn slow and big, Maybe if he moved to RT he will perform better. I want to see Tony Hills step up for the LT position

McFadden , we shouldn't pay him more then he is worth. I think William Gay can step up in this position. Oh BTW we have Deshea Townsend until 2010 who is a little over the hill right now.

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Its exactly as I thought. So say bye to Washington, Kemo and Starks. I think the Steelers will try and sign McFadden, but if not they look to extend the deals of guys like Miller, Harrison, Holmes, Woodley.

Why not keep Kemo, I still don't get why they wouldn't try to keep him. He replaced Faneca and did an pretty good job for his first season. Wasn't Stellar but wasn't Mahan, I mean Horrible at the position either.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Why not keep Kemo, I still don't get why they wouldn't try to keep him. He replaced Faneca and did an pretty good job for his first season. Wasn't Stellar but wasn't Mahan, I mean Horrible at the position either.

He is inconsistent. He allows sacks from the interior line because he doesnt move his feet or recognize blitzes or twists. His effort is inconsistent...........watch the failed QB draw in the 3rd quarter of the Super Bowl and you see that if Kemo gives Gabe Watson more than 1 shot, he allows Ben to walk in for a TD.

I was a big Kemo supporter this offseason, but after seeing him all year I believe that Simmons, Colon, Hartwig and the rookie that we will draft are all better than him. I say we let him walk instead of accepting inconsistent mediocrity.

PGH_Futbol
02-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Miller. No question about it.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Miller.....
Gay looks ready to start

steelreserve
02-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Is this even a serious question? Miller without a doubt. We already have like 50 good defensive backs, and Starks is going to demand big money for inconsistent mediocre play. Meanwhile, Miller seems to be in the middle of just about every key play on offense. It's no contest.

Acerero'1972
02-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Miller without a doubt. :tt:, but I think that Bmc will stay too

xFreeWord420x
02-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Miller without a doubt. :tt:, but I think that Bmc will stay too

Miller is #1 for sure, and there is no argument about it. Miller is by far one of the better, if not best, TE's in the game today!

Also, apparently you guys are all forgetting a Superbowl 3 years ago, that wouldn't have been possible without Mcfaddens shutdown plays. Don't count the little guy out, because he is a hell of a lot better than Deshea, sorry to say..

RoethlisBURGHer
02-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Miller for sure. Then BMac.

Honestly, I think we'll resign BMac and we can extend Miller too.

westcoastransplant
02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
What's Miller's contract status at this point? I definately think he should be someone we keep a hold of for a long time. He can block and is almost a sure thing on 3rd down. We proved that we can get along without Bmac this season. I would also want to hold on to Washington. His game has improved and has good speed to go along with Santonio.

stlrtruck
02-06-2009, 12:44 PM
I'd have to go with Miller. He's a vital part of our blocking, and check down receivers for our offense.

Without him we have Spaeth but I say Heath is THE MAN as far as TEs go right now. He can catch, somewhat run, and most importantly block.

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
speaking of spaeth, he and miller go into the final year of their contract in 09.

i think miller makes about $1.2 mil a year. i think spaeth makes the minimum wage for a 3rd rounder.

7SteelGal43
02-06-2009, 01:11 PM
It's Miller time!

I'll second that !!!!

plenewken
02-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Miller. No brainer.

TheSteelCurtain
02-06-2009, 01:16 PM
I like Nate but we could very well find a similar caliber receiver in the draft/FA. We need a Return threat at that receiver position. Especially being we only carried 4 WR on our active roster most of the season. Hopefully Limas puts on a little weight and maturity/discipline.

As for Kemo he is pretty solid but i dont think he is worth the kinda money other teams may be willing to give him. Im gonna go check out the G Free Agent Market on NFL Now.

Same for Starks, Just depinds what kinda money he wants. He may very well get top 10 T money and not sure he is worth it.

We need to lock Harrison and Woodley up for the next couple years. If we do it now we might get it done cheaper.

El-Gonzo what kinda money do you think Silverback and Woodley will want?

steelreserve
02-06-2009, 01:17 PM
speaking of spaeth, he and miller go into the final year of their contract in 09.

i think miller makes about $1.2 mil a year. i think spaeth makes the minimum wage for a 3rd rounder.

It says Miller made $1.7 million this year including part of the signing bonus. I don't care, we could easily double that and still be getting our money's worth.

McFadden will probably want $5 or $6 million, and we'll also probably have to give Taylor another raise in a couple years if we want to keep him, and Gay will be wanting a real contract as well. Sorry, but one of those three guys is guaranteed to be gone in a season or two no matter what.

revefsreleets
02-06-2009, 01:18 PM
A pass catching TE who can REALLY block? Not many of those.

Miller. And I really like BMac, too.

scsteeler
02-06-2009, 01:18 PM
No question that it's Miller, but I'd still love to keep McFadden.

My thoughts also. If you had to choose I say keep miller.

Steeldude
02-06-2009, 01:25 PM
miller by far.

i have yet to see mcfadden do anything special to receive a raise. IMO, gay is the better of the two CBs

steeltheone
02-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Agreed sign Miller, still young and extend Harrison.

Steelersfanforlife
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
MILLER

FacemeIke
02-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Miller. I think Gay is better then McFadden anyways.

St33lersguy
02-06-2009, 02:48 PM
This is about as serious a question as asking who's going to win the Steelers Browns game. Miller, he's the only one who's valuable out of the 3. Starks sucks, McFadden has not met his expectations and he will not be missed .

drew102e
02-06-2009, 02:52 PM
bmac...can you imagine how thin the secondary will be if bmac leaves and deshea retires...*shudders*

gay maybe can replace deshea but not both

xFreeWord420x
02-06-2009, 03:12 PM
What's Miller's contract status at this point? I definately think he should be someone we keep a hold of for a long time. He can block and is almost a sure thing on 3rd down. We proved that we can get along without Bmac this season. I would also want to hold on to Washington. His game has improved and has good speed to go along with Santonio.

BMac started a lot this season.. We proved we could go without him? We proved we can live without Deshea, not Bmac.

Sometimes I wonder what games some of you are actually watching....

xFreeWord420x
02-06-2009, 03:15 PM
miller by far.

i have yet to see mcfadden do anything special to receive a raise. IMO, gay is the better of the two CBs

Are you effing kidding me? Go back and watch the playoff run we have a couple years ago. If not for Mcfadden, we would be celebrating our first SB win since Noll. He stepped it up that year in the playoffs, and became a shutdown CB. There was quite a few times he shut down some big time WRs. Knocked down a few fades, etc. Mcfadden also has a lot of speed, and can keep up with many of the big time WRs.

Let me ask you this.. How many times have you seen the deep ball thrown on him? Or a huge play because of his mistake? Maybe we shouldn't necassarily be looking for a play maker, but a play stopper instead.

I hate to say it, but they are going to let Deashea go, and keep Mcfadden. No doubt about it.

roethlisbergerUK
02-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Miller everytime!! It,s not even a close call IMO,Heath has hardly has a bad game.He is everywhere on the field and gets round it fast too !!

He has pace,He can block,He can take it to the endzone and get TD,s so for me letting him go would be quality going the same as when Faneca left.

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Miller, hands down. Would be nice to be able to keep both somehow.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Miller is entering the final year of his contract. As is James Harrison, Ryan Clark and Willie Parker.

Its why we cant really spend a bunch of $$$ to keep Starks, Washington, Kemoateu and McFadden this offseason. I think we may sign McFadden and another free agent O-lineman......but really think Kemo, Washington and Starks are gone.

lilyoder6
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
i think some of the reasonings i read are insane....

both are vitale to our team.. i just hope we can get both...

Stillers33
02-06-2009, 05:06 PM
HEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rich4eagle
02-06-2009, 05:31 PM
that was easy

TheManOfSteel
02-06-2009, 05:38 PM
I cant believe this is even a question!!

HometownGal
02-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Though I would love it if the Steelers can sign both of 'em, Heath has more than proven his value to the team. He is a shakin', bakin' play makin' machine out there when called upon and I don't think there is a TE in the league who can rival his blocking skills.

NEPAsteeler
02-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Heath has more than proven his worth to this team. We need him!

meelanova
02-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Heathy

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
02-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Heath Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilyoder6
02-06-2009, 08:08 PM
shit.. we are 25 mill under the cap.. we should be able 2 get both

Curtain_of_Steel
02-06-2009, 09:26 PM
32 to 1, is mcfadden on this board, lol.

I will say this, Spaeth performs great in PS3 but than again Miller is a go to guy there. as well.
Mchugh played a stellar year, once I got the update to work...

MasterOfPuppets
02-06-2009, 09:43 PM
no brainer....miller.....when gay filled in for bmac there was zero drop off in the secondary.... i haven't been impressed with spaeth at all. blocking or receiving. i know its kemoautu's first year starting, but damn he's been practicing with the team for a few years.....i expected more. like gonzo said...he looks lost in pass protection, and wiffs blocks in the running game.

SC Steeler Steve
02-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Everybody wants to give Kemo, Starks, B-mac, Washington a contract this year, but I wonder if anybody is considering that we need to extend Heath Miller? He made some huge catches all season and especially in the Super Bowl and is getting no love.

If you had to pay either one a contract and only 1, who do you sign?? Miller, McFadden or Starks??

MILLER.

devilsdancefloor
02-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Miller that man can block and catch! plus Bmac when hurt you didnt see a big drop off at CB as where when Miller was hurt you seen a down grade for sure! Plus i think he is kinda a security blanky for ben!:tt03::tt03::tt03:

Galax Steeler
02-07-2009, 06:44 AM
With out a dought I say Miller the man comes through in the clutches when we need him making plays. when Ben is in trouble he makes catches and keeps plays alive.

Jaquila
02-07-2009, 06:55 AM
GO Miller, the guy is a excellent TE one of the best in the league if you ask me!!

SteelMember
02-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Definately Miller. He is vital to the offense, especially in the Arians era. I don't believe Spaeth is there yet.

I think we are deeper at CB, but I'd like to keep them both.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Gotta go Miller...There are good pass catching TE's in the league and there are good blocking TE's in the league....but there are only a couple of good TE's who can do both.

***on a side note***

I dont think this decision is as lopsided as the poll shows....

SC Gamecokk
02-07-2009, 03:44 PM
i think gay is the real deal

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2009, 03:53 PM
100% Miller - we have to have him back.

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Wow, I would say the poll says it all.

xfl2001fan
02-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Is the OP serious? Miller without a question. He's one of the most versatile TEs in the league. Period.

Harrison92
02-07-2009, 04:40 PM

Miller:thumbsup: