PDA

View Full Version : Stealers?

Tankus_Maximus
02-06-2009, 02:37 PM
ok, The Steeler Nation took the "Nation" tag line away from the Raider Nation (and rightfully so), but now Chris Myers & Steve Hartman have taken the tag of "America's Team" off the Cowgirls and applied it to the beloved black & gold!

So for all the haters, who think they're clever by calling us Stealers, it's true...we are Stealers, we steal your nickname and place it where it rightfully belongs!

Bow down to America's NEW Team, The Steeler Nation!!

Bitches!

westcoastransplant
02-06-2009, 02:45 PM
I never liked any team having the gaul to label themselves as "America's Team." Its stupid to think that any team in any sport is America's Team. I also think the whole "Nation " thing is starting to get overplayed too. I'm originally from Boston and am a Red Sox fan to so I guess I belong to 2 Nations. Then again, I was listening to a radio commercial the other day for the LA Clippers and they were proclaiming Clipper Nation. I thought you had to have fans outside of the home city to be a Nation. The Clippers don't even have fans in LA.

stlrz fan
02-06-2009, 03:33 PM
The Steelers are Pittsburghs team. The Steeler Nation spans the globe and that is special and unique but I think that the Steelers are part of Pittsburghs identity and would hate to see that polluted.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-06-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't want the Steelers to be called America's Team...though I always called the Cowboys South America's Team.

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Actually think we were Steelers Nation first

Steeler Nation is the unofficial name of the fan base of the NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers. The name was coined by the late, great NFL Films narrator John Facenda in the 1975-76 NFL Films, Pittsburgh Steelers highlights film of that season titled; "Blueprint For Victory" (also in the 74, 75, 78, 79 seasons compilation "The Championship Years").

As the 1975 regular season highlights end and the play-off portion begins, you hear the sound of the "charge" trumpet and the familiar Steeler Polka song made famous by Jimmy Psihoulis in the 70's fade to the background and John Facenda speaks the immortal words; "During the week Pittsburgh Pennsylvania makes the Nation's steel but on Sunday... They become The Steeler Nation!"

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2009, 04:41 PM
And we turned down the opportunity to be called Americas team.

LukesDad88
02-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Exactly, why try to take it now? I like what The Chief said, "We're not America's Team, we're Pittsburgh's Team".

Muppet13
02-06-2009, 05:34 PM
We don't a good looking title we just need to win!

steeltheone
02-06-2009, 08:00 PM
God Bless the Chief.....Pittsburgh's team period

Texasteel
02-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Let the cowboys keep America's Team. Thats all they have left.

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Let the cowboys keep America's Team. Thats all they have left.
well.... that and a pair of jessica simpsons dirty underwear.

Stlrs4Life
02-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Exactly, why try to take it now? I like what The Chief said, "We're not America's Team, we're Pittsburgh's Team".

I agree. I don't want the nickname either.