PDA

View Full Version : Keith Butler to Arizona?

LukesDad88
02-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Whis just pulled the trigger on his Defensive Coordinator. Speculation is that the leading candidate is Butler, our LB coach...

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Who is speculating?? Any link to this??

stillers4me
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Why not? The first fishing hole he always looks in is Pittsburgh.

He even put his pre-game "pep speech " together from notes he took from Cowher's speeches.

LukesDad88
02-06-2009, 06:46 PM
If you don't mind my asking, why was this moved? It pertains to the Steelers and their current organization.

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 07:05 PM
doesnt butler have the title asst. head coach with the steelers?

The Duke
02-06-2009, 07:25 PM
doesnt butler have the title asst. head coach with the steelers?

that's dline coach Mitchell

I figured the cards would have a steelers coach on the radar after they fired theirs. too bad it's butler, I always thought he'd eventually succeed lebeau. no one can replace him

oh, and as for links....

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/06/butler-could-be-candidate-to-replace-pendergast/

As far as a possible replacement for Arizona’s defensive coordinator to replace Clancy Pendergast, Ken Whisenhunt could try to land Pittsburgh linebackers coach Keith Butler, whom Whisenhunt wanted to interview in 2007 upon taking the job but was denied permission by the Steelers.

Whisenhunt would like to run more of a traditional 3-4 base defense. Pendergast, a holdover from Dennis Green’s staff, incorporated some 3-4 principles into the 4-3 front. Whisenhunt could decide to go with a more traditional 3-4 look, and Butler knows how to coach it and is obviously familiar with it.

seems all speculation so far....

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 07:57 PM
that's dline coach Mitchell

I figured the cards would have a steelers coach on the radar after they fired theirs. too bad it's butler, I always thought he'd eventually succeed lebeau. no one can replace him

oh, and as for links....

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/06/butler-could-be-candidate-to-replace-pendergast/

seems all speculation so far....thanks. i knew it was 1 of the 2. it seemed logical that he would be being groomes as the successor, especially how good his units have been.

but obviously the steelers placed more emphasis of protecting mitchell.

:hatsoff: thanks butler. great work. any team would be smart (and lucky) to get you. and the cardinals under whiz have shown thy are willing to create their own luck. enjou your time in the desert. :wave:

MasterOfPuppets
02-06-2009, 08:01 PM
damn desert vultures.....:mad:

lilyoder6
02-06-2009, 09:20 PM
geez.. they are rly trying to put the steelers of the west stamp on there team.. there are more than steeler coaches out there WHIZ!!

The Duke
02-07-2009, 02:24 AM
geez.. they are rly trying to put the steelers of the west stamp on there team.. there are more than steeler coaches out there WHIZ!!

well, the packers are going for ex-steelers too

face it, we are just too good so we are forced to share. Thankfully the rooneys are always prepared

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-07-2009, 12:45 PM
If you don't mind my asking, why was this moved? It pertains to the Steelers and their current organization.

Probably because this is nothing more than an unsubstantiated rumor. Its more about the Cardinals firing Pendergast and a blogger taking a guess.

Its like a post of "Tony Gonzalez to Pittsburgh".................a nfl blog has reported that their cousin is a guy named Bob Sakamano and he says Tony Gonzalez wants to be released and play in Pittsburgh. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
02-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Probably because this is nothing more than an unsubstantiated rumor. Its more about the Cardinals firing Pendergast and a blogger taking a guess.

Its like a post of "Tony Gonzalez to Pittsburgh".................a nfl blog has reported that their cousin is a guy named Bob Sakamano and he says Tony Gonzalez wants to be released and play in Pittsburgh. :chuckle:he's look great in the black and gold for vet minimum.....:coffee:

RoethlisBURGHer
02-07-2009, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised.

Whiz started the season off as a 3-4 defense and then went back to the 4-3 when he realized they didn't have the personnel to run a 3-4.

I think he really wants the 3-4 in Arizona, and Butler is a 3-4 coach. He also has learned under the great Dick LeBeau and would probally bring a lot of zone blitz to Arizona as well.

At least Whisenhut is building his team in the right image, instead of in the image of the Dallas Cowboys.