PDA

View Full Version : Willie Parker looking Good

Grey
01-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Well, I've said here before that I don't think Parker as a starter will fit well into the Pittsburgh running attack. It looks like I might be wrong, and I sure hope so. Parker has looked VERY good since the Chicago game. I am especially impressed with the last 2 weeks that he has had.

I know, I know, weak defenses and all that, but the guy is really starting to see the holes; he looks more patient, and more confident in the play designs --- he's hitting a crease and forcing it to open up, and coming out on the other side for the extra couple of yards.

See, it's his 4 yard gainers that I'm impressed with lately, he's running much better between the tackles and is fighting through the initial contact.

Looks like he made have put on a few pounds too.

Here we go.
Grey

jbattenhouse
01-03-2006, 06:23 AM
His performance in the playoffs against higher caliber Ds will show whether he is really evolving or just had good plays against subpar teams. There was an interesting article I read about him making the Oline look better than it really has been this year. I will say that our OL has not been exactly stellar all year. Max Starks got his ass handed to him on Sunday a few times. Hopefully this will not be the case in the ensuing game(s).

Rotorhead
01-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah I read that article from ESPN as well, it really was a poor article IMO. As long as he continues to get 3-4 yards per carry (not avg) he will do well for the rest of the year. His average is up cause even if he loses 3 yards on 3 carries in a row (which makes up punt or puts us in passing situations with long yardage), he breaks the next one for 40 yds that is well over 7yds/carry but doesnt really help the offense. Running just numbers out of context like that article does it stupid.

Sharkissle29
01-03-2006, 03:07 PM
i <3 willie and hope hes a starter for us for a long time

augustashark
01-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Look at the current wave of backs in the NFL: R.Brown, C.Williams, F.Gore and C.Benson... When you look at them and they are having success in the league for I think lesser teams... Willie will be around for a while.....IMO.

clevestinks
01-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Willie has an oppurtunity this week to have abig game. Cinci`s biggest weakness is against the run. Run Willie Run!