PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Pro Bowlers didn't want to watch parade from Hawaii

mesaSteeler
02-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Steelers Pro Bowlers didn't want to watch parade from Hawaii
http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/02/steelers-pro-bo.html

KO OLINA, Hawaii -- Steelers Pro Bowlers James Farrior, Troy Polamalu and James Harrison took part in their first all-star practice after participating in Pittsburgh's, or is that "Sixburgh's,'' Super Bowl XLIII victory parade on Tuesday.

The three Steelers spent the day accepting congratulations from their Pro Bowl peers and were buzzing about the dizzying four days since the Steelers became the first franchise to win six Super Bowl titles.

"The parade was awesome,'' Farrior says. "Steeler Nation came out in full effect. We had over 300,000 people.

"They were as excited and happy as we were. It was 20 degrees out. But it felt like it was 80 degrees and I was in Hawaii.''

Last year, Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora flew straight from the site of the team's Super Bowl win in Phoenix to Honolulu and missed the Giants' victory parade in New York City. He sat in his hotel room watching, tears welling up.

Farrior didn't want to make that mistake.

"I didn't want to miss anything,'' the 12th-year linebacker says. "I wanted to soak everything in. I'm still soaking it all in.

"It's still unbelievable.''

So what about trying to match the Steel Curtain dynasty that won four Super Bowls during the 1970s?

"We don't even want to start thinking about that,'' Farrior, a two-time Pro Bowler, says. "This season was really a special season. I don't think it's something we can compete with. It's one of those things that comes along once in a lifetime.''

Polamalu was philosophical on his franchise's place in NFL history.

"When the season does end, you're able to put it in the perspective of a legacy in terms of Pittsburgh Steelers dynasty,'' the five-time Pro Bowl safety says. "When you can put it in that perspective, yeah, it's pretty amazing.

"When you separate yourself then you also combine it with the other five Super Bowl titles, that's what makes it really special, that legacy.''
-- Jim Corbett

SC Steeler Steve
02-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Awesome, I am glad they didnt miss. And they certainly need to finish there team stuff before concerning with the Pro bowl. I guess with the new format of the pro bowl the SB participants will not be playing in it anyway.

jjpro11
02-07-2009, 12:38 AM
im glad they went.. farrior was pretty damn funny.. and who would want to miss troy crowd surfing and james walking to the stage holding the super bowl trophy?