PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for Valentines Day.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Okay guys...

Its time to "man-up" and treat those ladies with the respect and admiration that they deserve.

What do you have planned?

I am starting with a card a day with a LLT original poem starting tomorrow and giving my wife one each day.

Here is the one that she will get tomorrow.

Like the Morning Mist

I walk the dew soaked rolling hills
and watch the morning sun
peek over a forest of emerald green
telling night it's work is done.

The morning mist wraps lovingly
and within its wings enfold
the soft caress of every blade
atop each grassy knoll.

Its soft caress so fleetingly
much like a whispered touch
provides the thing that makes them grow,
...the dew they need so much.

Much like the mist upon the hills,
is the way your touch moves me.
Each soft caress and whispered touch
makes me who I need to be.

Your time and kiss,they help me grow,
break chains, escape...arise.
It is gratitude and love you see
in the mist within my eyes.

So hold me like the morning mist.
Let me live in your embrace.
Its there I thrive, Its there I drink
from your beauty and your grace.

Let every touch and every kiss
last for eternity.
My friend...my wife....my morning mist...
...the better part of me.

touchdownward
02-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Alright here is what I'm giving the Little Lady.
Huge Valentines card
Red Door perfume (she loves that stuff)
One of those big Hershey kisses
A box of the Rocher chocolates that she likes
A pink stuffed bear that is as soft as a baby's ass
And finally, me wearing a pair of underwear with a heart on the front so I can tell her I have a "heart" on for her. :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Alright here is what I'm giving the Little Lady.
Huge Valentines card
Red Door perfume (she loves that stuff)
One of those big Hershey kisses
A box of the Rocher chocolates that she likes
A pink stuffed bear that is as soft as a baby's ass
And finally, me wearing a pair of underwear with a heart on the front so I can tell her I have a "heart" on for her. :chuckle:

Okay...confession time.

I give my wife chocolates also. She never eats them and me and my 15 year old son sit on opposite ends of the couch... dig in ...look at each others chocolate smeared faces.....and salute each other with a raised chocolate truffle....:salute:

Steelcitygal87
02-07-2009, 09:56 AM
My, my...you romantic:heart: devils you. What blessed ladies.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2009, 10:27 AM

Blessed guys married to incredible women...:wink02:.

touchdownward
02-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Thank you. :hug:

We guys just have to pay attention because you gals will give us not so subtle hints months in advance with things like "I love those Rocher chocolates" and "I love the way Red Door smells on me, do you?" :love:

Steelcitygal87
02-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Thank you. :hug:

We guys just have to pay attention because you gals will give us not so subtle hints months in advance with things like "I love those Rocher chocolates" and "I love the way Red Door smells on me, do you?" :love:

You are welcome. Red Door is a very nice fragrance...that's what I wear as well.

That is why you should always pay attention to us when we are talking( it will save you much aggravation :pin: later on lol).

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2009, 11:46 AM
That is why you should always pay attention to us when we are talking

I'm sorry.....what did you say?
:huh:

Steelcitygal87
02-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm sorry.....what did you say?
:huh:

:pin::injured: I warned ya.

* And your wife tolerates that sense of humor....God bless her heart lol Or maybe, as she might put it, "Lord, give me strength."

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2009, 11:59 AM
:pin::injured: I warned ya.

* And your wife tolerates that sense of humor....God bless her heart lol Or maybe, as she might put it, "Lord, give me strength."

:rofl::rofl:

Steelcitygal87
02-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Come on fellas, I am anxious to read what you romeos have in mind for your Valentines. :popcorn:

kittenfantastico76
02-07-2009, 04:21 PM
dawwwwwwwwwwwwww sweeties you all are!!!

Just remember to spread the love all year through. I like that Valentine's Day is extra special.

The boyfriend and I are not doing gifts this year - and when I say no gifts I mean that, I'm not just saying that to "test" him. We usually do cards without gifts, instead of presents we are going to take a day and drive up to Nashville and hang out all day (bar hopping/enjoying the city) have dinner and then come home that evening.

We've been trying to plan this for the past 2 years, but each year Vday seemed to fall at a point in the month when each of us had too many bills due...

I love the lists!!! and ugh... you're wife is a good woman if she can reist truffles... I'd be all over that box of candy like white on rice!! *drool* I go all Homer Simpson for truffles... mmmmm trufflesss.

P.S. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't secretly wanting flowers... I get them from time to time and I always love them. But it's not a make or break thing if I don't get flowers :) They just make my day.

tony hipchest
02-07-2009, 04:36 PM
well, it is the beginning of nascar season so plan on laying on the couch and scratching myself all day as i watch the daytona 500.

but until then i may crib a few of LLT's poems and idea, and give them to my girl to earn the right to do so.

:thumbsup: thanks LLT... (i promise i will tell her i made them up myself).

Steelcitygal87
02-07-2009, 04:39 PM
well, it is the beginning of nascar season so plan on laying on the couch and scratching myself all day as i watch the daytona 500.

but until then i may crib a few of LLT's poems and idea, and give them to my girl to earn the right to do so.

:thumbsup: thanks LLT... (i promise i will tell her i made them up myself).

Be still my heart lol..how romantic you are, Mr. Hipchest.

devilsdancefloor
02-07-2009, 06:22 PM
1st i gotta get rid of the kids
2nd i send flowers to her work and let all the other women get green with envy
3rd gotta get rid of the kids
4th i make reservations at a mom & pop italian restuarant she really like
i pick her up from work becuase i leave work a hour early to rush home and put
rose petals and kisses on the floor all the way to the bedroom.

then i mention the steelers (she is a cryboys fan , buti am working on it) and she yells at me to go watch tv and i can go watch the blackhawks play :tt03: :tt03:

MasterOfPuppets
02-07-2009, 07:19 PM
i bought 2 quarts of KY yours and mine and a tombstone pizza.....:chuckle:

tony hipchest
02-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Be still my heart lol..how romantic you are, Mr. Hipchest.ok. the sarcasm in your post got me thinking that maybe i should do something nice, so i decided id try to come up with a poem of my own for the fair lady-

EDIT- :doh: i couldnt wait to deliver my "gift" and it seems she wasnt too amused.

really though, i just re-checked and it seems valentines is saturday. we'll do something cool like hang gliding from the plateau on saturday and then sunday will be all mine! :cheers:

Steelcitygal87
02-07-2009, 08:00 PM
ok. the sarcasm in your post got me thinking that maybe i should do something nice, so i decided id try to come up with a poem of my own for the fair lady-

EDIT- :doh: i couldnt wait to deliver my "gift" and it seems she wasnt too amused.

really though, i just re-checked and it seems valentines is saturday. we'll do something cool like hang gliding from the plateau on saturday and then sunday will be all mine! :cheers:

Hang gliding sounds exciting!

touchdownward
02-07-2009, 08:56 PM
ok. the sarcasm in your post got me thinking that maybe i should do something nice, so i decided id try to come up with a poem of my own for the fair lady-

:laughing:

Hang gliding Tony???? or is that code name for swinging from the hotel chandelier???:chuckle:

kittenfantastico76
02-08-2009, 03:36 PM
i bought 2 quarts of KY yours and mine and a tombstone pizza.....:chuckle:

Awesome! :toofunny:

KeiselPower99
02-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Ill break out the nice clothes she has bought me over the years and take her out to the olive garden Friday night. Then Saturday make her breakfast in bed.

tony hipchest
02-08-2009, 04:03 PM
i wish we had an olive garden. our "fanciest" restraunt is Sonic and thats only because they serve you on roller skates. :sofunny:

i'll probably cook some fillet mignon, with shrimp scampi, and either a bottle of wine or patron.

she'll be having busch light and nachos.

Steelcitygal87
02-08-2009, 04:11 PM
i wish we had an olive garden. our "fanciest" restraunt is Sonic and thats only because they serve you on roller skates. :sofunny:

i'll probably cook some fillet mignon, with shrimp scampi, and either a bottle of wine or patron.

Tony, you are too good to her, she must feel as though she is being treated like a queen! Busch Light and nachos.....what more could a girl ask for. Maybe I was wrong about you.

steelerbackr4life
02-08-2009, 04:54 PM

Olive Garden is not that great you are not missing much.

Busch light and nachos :toofunny:

stlrtruck
02-09-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm going to have a manicure/pedicure date with my wife and then take her out to a nice dinner - all without children!!!

kittenfantastico76
02-09-2009, 10:55 AM

I read the 2nd line and went awwwwwwww... then I saw the last line and laughed and literally shot my gum across the desk here at work!! :doh: TOO funny!

kittenfantastico76
02-09-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm going to have a manicure/pedicure date with my wife and then take her out to a nice dinner - all without children!!!

*holds up rock hands* that would be awesome! GO PRINCESS LUCKY LADY! I can't imagine my boyfriend being able to sit through a pedicure (too ticklish and I think he'd feel über uncomfortable) ... however I'd love to receive a gift like that!!! BOO YAH!

stlrtruck
02-09-2009, 11:26 AM
*holds up rock hands* that would be awesome! GO PRINCESS LUCKY LADY! I can't imagine my boyfriend being able to sit through a pedicure (too ticklish and I think he'd feel über uncomfortable) ... however I'd love to receive a gift like that!!! BOO YAH!

We did it before - a long time ago. We were walking through the mall and decided to have a sit down. It wasn't too bad and it didn't really tickle too much. My wife sacrificed through the playoffs and the Super Bowl twice since we've been married (she's not the sports nut I am) and in turn it's only fair that now that we are in the off season, that I return such favors and that includes pampering her a little bit, window shopping, end cap shopping, heck just shopping in general!!! Ahhhh, the joys of the off season!!

kittenfantastico76
02-09-2009, 11:41 AM
We did it before - a long time ago. We were walking through the mall and decided to have a sit down. It wasn't too bad and it didn't really tickle too much. My wife sacrificed through the playoffs and the Super Bowl twice since we've been married (she's not the sports nut I am) and in turn it's only fair that now that we are in the off season, that I return such favors and that includes pampering her a little bit, window shopping, end cap shopping, heck just shopping in general!!! Ahhhh, the joys of the off season!!

It's a good compromise! I've turned my boyfriend on to Steelers football so hopefully I'm not creating a monster, but I'm stoked to have a guy I'm dating root for the same team... makes game day a lot easier! :wink02:

I think it's great you're taking her out to do those things! :thumbsup:

Steelcitygal87
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
It's a good compromise! I've turned my boyfriend on to Steelers football so hopefully I'm not creating a monster, but I'm stoked to have a guy I'm dating root for the same team... makes game day a lot easier! :wink02:

I think it's great you're taking her out to do those things! :thumbsup:

Yeah, but sometimes if you are cheering for opposite teams.....and things get a little heated.....there is always the "making up" to look forward to after the game:wink02::naughty:

I would prefer a man I am involved with to be a Steelers fan!!!:tt03::thumbsup::drink:, BUT if he is not....at least if he is into football...that is good enough for me.

A fan from another team.....I can work with that.......there are "WAYS" he can be turned from the dark side to the light:wink02:

kittenfantastico76
02-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah, but sometimes if you are cheering for opposite teams.....and things get a little heated.....there is always the "making up" to look forward to after the game:wink02::naughty:

I would prefer a man I am involved with to be a Steelers fan!!!:tt03::thumbsup::drink:, BUT if he is not....at least if he is into football...that is good enough for me.

A fan from another team.....I can work with that.......there are "WAYS" he can be turned from the dark side to the light:wink02:

VERY true... however.. there's always the issue of dating the passionate football fan that takes it all extremely seriously and pouts the entire WEEK if their team doesn't win... I get pissed, upset but I don't let it effect the rest of my life... I've dated guys that are VERY passionate and the fact that my team beat his... was never a good thing. Oddly enough I've never dated a Raven's fan and after this season I KNOW I couldn't !!! Because see it's illegal to "betch slap" someone... :wink02:

Steelcitygal87
02-09-2009, 01:31 PM
VERY true... however.. there's always the issue of dating the passionate football fan that takes it all extremely seriously and pouts the entire WEEK if their team doesn't win... I get pissed, upset but I don't let it effect the rest of my life... I've dated guys that are VERY passionate and the fact that my team beat his... was never a good thing. Oddly enough I've never dated a Raven's fan and after this season I KNOW I couldn't !!! Because see it's illegal to "betch slap" someone... :wink02:

I understand what you mean.

I used to be in a relationship with a man who was a DIE HARD Toronto Maple Leafs fan:flap:...and to make matters even worse....he HATED the Pittsburgh Penguins! He lived in Toronto so we only saw each other usually every other month or so, but he had Vonage so we would talk on the phone and watch the Leafs vs Pens games together.......NOT good for the relationship. He would get a little too mean spirited for my taste. I felt as though I couldn't even cheer for my own team. Anytime I would say anything positive or get excited over a play the Pens made, he would make some really nasty, negative comment to burst my bubble. He never said things in a joking manner either...it was always in a very SERIOUS tone. I didn't mind it at all when he would cheer and yell for his team..and I usually complimented him when his team did well...made a good play...etc.. I wanted it to be more of a friendly competition type atmosphere, but it got to be more of a pain and a feeling of walking on eggshells with him. I hate to say it...but more than a few times I wanted to reach through the phone and just strangle him lol!....or punch his lights out :boxing: It just wasn't fun anymore watching games with him( and God forbid if the Pens won!! He would get really quiet and hardly talk to me at all...even though I never gloated or rubbed it in). I can take good nature kidding about my team, but then let me do the same about yours...right? Oh well. When he used to really tick me off...I would just ask how the "Make Beliefs" are doing this year LOL...that really got him going :wink02: .

T.Richardson
02-09-2009, 02:01 PM
...sometimes I wish I had that special someone...

Steelcitygal87
02-09-2009, 02:06 PM

Me too. Valentine's Day is not one of my favorite holidays. I am about tired of all the "he went to Jared, and every kiss begins with Kay" commercials.

T.Richardson
02-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Me too. Valentine's Day is not one of my favorite holidays. I am about tired of all the "he went to Jared, and every kiss begins with Kay" commercials.

lol! I agree...

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2009, 02:11 PM

Not before camp....wait until later, you dont need the distraction. Let it come to you.

Steelcitygal87
02-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Not before camp....wait until later, you dont need the distraction. Let it come to you.

Sports before romance lol...Ehhhh let her wait lol...I love it.

T.Richardson
02-09-2009, 02:13 PM

yea true...though some of my friends told me I should get laid before I leave. :laughing:

Steelcitygal87
02-09-2009, 02:15 PM
yea true...though some of my friends told me I should get laid before I leave. :laughing:

MEN:shake01:

T.Richardson
02-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Sports before romance lol...Ehhhh let her wait lol...I love it.

more like military before romance.

Steelcitygal87
02-09-2009, 02:23 PM
more like military before romance.

Ohh military camp......I apologize for misunderstanding.

Sometimes my mind is just too focused on sports

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2009, 02:26 PM

Aww....here ya go buddy.

Fate is cruel but love is kind
someday a lucky man shall find
The perfect lady...lover...pal.
Our very own Steelcitygal.

Just wait for time to do its part
and bring to you fates featured heart.
The one who'll gaze into your eyes
and know tis where his future lies.

The man to sweep you off your feet
and smile when ere' your eyes should meet.
Who would move heaven..earth..and hell.
Who thinks you make the suns glow pale.

I see beyond times boundaries
..and tell you what LLT sees...
The perfect fellow...lover...pal
to compliment our Steelcitygal.
:hug:

Steelcitygal87
02-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Aww....here ya go buddy.

Fate is cruel but love is kind
someday a lucky man shall find
The perfect lady...lover...pal.
Our very own Steelcitygal.

Just wait for time to do its part
and bring to you fates featured heart.
The one who'll gaze into your eyes
and know tis where his future lies.

The man to sweep you off your feet
and smile when ere' your eyes should meet.
Who would move heaven..earth..and hell.
Who thinks you make suns glow pale.

I see beyond times boundaries
..and tell you what LLT sees...
The perfect fellow...lover...pal
to compliment our Steelcitygal.
:hug:

:hug::crying01:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2009, 02:33 PM
:hug::crying01:

er......that was supposed to be a "pick-me-up"...:sorry:

Steelcitygal87
02-09-2009, 02:36 PM
er......that was supposed to be a "pick-me-up"...:sorry:

No, no, I was touched by what you said. It did pick me up! :hug:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2009, 02:45 PM
No, no, I was touched by what you said. It did pick me up! :hug:

Whew!!!:thud:

kittenfantastico76
02-09-2009, 03:06 PM
I understand what you mean.

I used to be in a relationship with a man who was a DIE HARD Toronto Maple Leafs fan:flap:...and to make matters even worse....he HATED the Pittsburgh Penguins! He lived in Toronto so we only saw each other usually every other month or so, but he had Vonage so we would talk on the phone and watch the Leafs vs Pens games together.......NOT good for the relationship. He would get a little too mean spirited for my taste. I felt as though I couldn't even cheer for my own team. Anytime I would say anything positive or get excited over a play the Pens made, he would make some really nasty, negative comment to burst my bubble. He never said things in a joking manner either...it was always in a very SERIOUS tone. I didn't mind it at all when he would cheer and yell for his team..and I usually complimented him when his team did well...made a good play...etc.. I wanted it to be more of a friendly competition type atmosphere, but it got to be more of a pain and a feeling of walking on eggshells with him. I hate to say it...but more than a few times I wanted to reach through the phone and just strangle him lol!....or punch his lights out :boxing: It just wasn't fun anymore watching games with him( and God forbid if the Pens won!! He would get really quiet and hardly talk to me at all...even though I never gloated or rubbed it in). I can take good nature kidding about my team, but then let me do the same about yours...right? Oh well. When he used to really tick me off...I would just ask how the "Make Beliefs" are doing this year LOL...that really got him going :wink02: .

Sounds like some of my friendships - I have a TON of friends that are Ravens fans... :banging:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Sounds like some of my friendships - I have a TON of friends that are Ravens fans... :banging:

Hmmmmm...have you ever been incarcerated?:chuckle:

kittenfantastico76
02-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Hmmmmm...have you ever been incarcerated?:chuckle:

HA! Not yet... thankfully I'm living in Alabama, not back home in Maryland..I have a feeling the play off season and the entire regular season would have been EXTREMELY ugly, had I been home for it... our messages and text messages all seemed a bit violent in nature! And I'm a girl!!! (And some of those messages were from OTHER girls!) :tt02: I got a TON of SHUT THE F-UP! From them when I would gloat about our wins!

revefsreleets
02-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I'd share what I'm doing for Valentine's Day for my special someone.

But then I'd have to kill ALL of you:flap:

But I WILL tell you this...I guarantee you I won't be on this board at ALL from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. I'll be waaaaaay too "busy"...

MasterOfPuppets
02-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I'd share what I'm doing for Valentine's Day for my special someone.

But then I'd have to kill ALL of you:flap:

But I WILL tell you this...I guarantee you I won't be on this board at ALL from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. I'll be waaaaaay too "busy"...
painting her house are ya ??? :toofunny:

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 06:32 PM
i'm getting my girl some Victoria's Secret perfume, lotion, and body wash...AND a $50 gift card for whatever panties and bra she wants to pick out later. because, i'm a dipshit when it comes to that stuff and i'm not really a fan of lingerie. i got her a few teeshirts she'd like and the movie "Atonement" on dvd. she has a crush on James McAvoy. personally, i don't see it...but whatever. haha!
i'm also getting her a spa day at the local salon and some His and Hers Lube. =) i don't know what we'll be using it for since i have to work that night, but we'll figure something out. ha!

revefsreleets
02-09-2009, 06:33 PM
painting her house are ya ??? :toofunny:

Hmmmm...."painting her house".

Painting her house.

As a euphemism, that MIGHT just work...:tt03:

Steelcitygal87
02-09-2009, 06:36 PM
i'm getting my girl some Victoria's Secret perfume, lotion, and body wash...AND a $50 gift card for whatever panties and bra she wants to pick out later. because, i'm a dipshit when it comes to that stuff and i'm not really a fan of lingerie. i got her a few teeshirts she'd like and the movie "Atonement" on dvd. she has a crush on James McAvoy. personally, i don't see it...but whatever. haha!
i'm also getting her a spa day at the local salon and some His and Hers Lube. =) i don't know what we'll be using it for since i have to work that night, but we'll figure something out. ha!

Ohhh a Victoria's Secret gc...VERY NICE.

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Ohhh a Victoria's Secret gc...VERY NICE.

yeah well, i have no clue what to pick when it comes to panties. she wants all of this hardcore lingerie. i like plain cotton white panties and she doesn't understand that. i'm just a simple man with simple demands. you know?

so, i got her a GC so she can pick what she wants and i'll just rip it off to prove that lingerie is pointless. it may LOOK sexy, but it serves no purpose but to delay the inevitable and waste money. sorry, call me a pessimist, but like i said, i like them plain and sexy. =)

HometownGal
02-09-2009, 06:56 PM
People - plllllllease!!! This thread is getting a little too "hot" - we have KIDS on here!!! I don't want to ruin anyone's fun but Gary and I don't want our PM boxes on overload! :horror:

Please - TONE IT DOWN a bit. Thanks.

MACH1
02-09-2009, 06:58 PM
yeah well, i have no clue what to pick when it comes to panties. she wants all of this hardcore lingerie. i like plain cotton white panties and she doesn't understand that. i'm just a simple man with simple demands. you know?

so, i got her a GC so she can pick what she wants and i'll just rip it off to prove that lingerie is pointless. it may LOOK sexy, but it serves no purpose but to delay the inevitable and waste money. sorry, call me a pessimist, but like i said, i like them plain and sexy. =)

Can't go wrong with crotchless. :chuckle: No need to rip em off. :laughing:

oops, posted this the same time as HTG.

kittenfantastico76
02-09-2009, 07:14 PM

I think the gift cert is a great idea - especially since you're getting her so many other nice things to go with them!

Everyone is doing great things for their lovers for V-day!

I'm just ready to eat my weight in Spaghetti in Nashville... now THAT'S sexy! *burp*

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Can't go wrong with crotchless. :chuckle: No need to rip em off. :laughing:

oops, posted this the same time as HTG.

HAHA! bad timing! =)

i'm hoping this thread doesn't get too hot that it gets either ditched or thrown in the Blast Furnace. we're talking Valentine's Day and underwear. but i'll tone it down. i don't want to upset the Mods on this one.

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 07:19 PM
I think the gift cert is a great idea - especially since you're getting her so many other nice things to go with them!

Everyone is doing great things for their lovers for V-day!

I'm just ready to eat my weight in Spaghetti in Nashville... now THAT'S sexy! *burp*

ewwww...spaghetti!

i like to think i know what my lady likes, but i buy her little goodies from time to time. like, a cd, dvd, and a teeshirt. she loves all of them...but, i never hear her listen to Death Cab For Cutie, Radiohead, Jack Johnson, and Pink (past cds i bought her) nor does she watch Becoming Jane, Across the Universe, Incubus Look Alive, and Jungle Book (past dvd i bought her.) sooo...it's almost like i'm stuck in a pattern of buying her useless shit. i THINK it'll mean something to her...and it collects dust. i guess i should buy her another tattoo or something. she has too much clothes and not enough space...so, a tee shirt was a bad idea! WTF is wrong with me!?

tony hipchest
02-09-2009, 07:23 PM
i just received the Dewey Cox- Walk Hard dvd as an early gift, so now i know i gotta pull out ALL the stops.

:dang: that means i gotta get jalapenos AND black olives for the nachos.

i should just do like dewey and get a giraffe or monkey... :chuckle:

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 07:25 PM
i just received the Dewey Cox- Walk Hard dvd as an early gift, so now i know i gotta pull out ALL the stops.

i should just do like dewey and get a giraffe or monkey... :chuckle:

"you can take the kids...but you leave me my monkey!"

"get out of here Dewey...you don't want no parts of this sh*t!"

kittenfantastico76
02-09-2009, 07:25 PM
HAHA! ewwww...spaghetti! ha!

i like to think i know what my lady likes, but i buy her little goodies from time to time. like, a cd, dvd, and a teeshirt. she loves all of them...but, i never hear her listen to Death Cab For Cutie, Radiohead, Jack Johnson, and Pink (past cds i bought her) nor does she watch Becoming Jane, Across the Universe, Incubus Look Alive, and Jungle Book (past dvd i bought her.) sooo...it's almost like i'm stuck in a pattern of buying her useless shit. i THINK it'll mean something to her...and it collects dust. i guess i should buy her another tattoo or something. she has too much clothes and not enough space...so, a tee shirt was a bad idea! WTF is wrong with me!? haha!

I always say when in doubt... simple necklace, or charm or something sweet, sentimental, and her taste... can't ever hurt. Not NOW mind you, just for future reference.

Ugh, I can't get enough of Across the Universe - I love. that. movie! A new tattoo would be nice too - especially since you could maybe design one for her!

SteelCityKing
02-09-2009, 07:28 PM
I always say when in doubt... simple necklace, or charm or something sweet, sentimental, and her taste... can't ever hurt. Not NOW mind you, just for future reference.

Ugh, I can't get enough of Across the Universe - I love. that. movie! A new tattoo would be nice too - especially since you could maybe design one for her!

Across the Universe is a great movie. a movie she was dying to have...and she never watches it. what a waste.

i've already drawn her a tattoo AND i've tattooed her! so, i'm out of ideas. not really, but now i have to try harder. also, she's making me write a mushy gushy love card for Valentine's Day! i can't do that sh*t. i'm no Billy Shakespeare!

i vowed that the ONLY jewelry i get for a girl is her engagement ring. period.

touchdownward
02-09-2009, 10:40 PM
To accurately judge what lingerie is going to look like, just do what I do, snatch it off the rack, crumple it up and throw it on the department store floor. :naughty:

tony hipchest
02-09-2009, 10:44 PM
To accurately judge what lingerie is going to look like, just do what I do, snatch it off the rack, crumple it up and throw it on the department store floor. :naughty:

:applaudit::thumbsup::drink::hatsoff::applaudit:

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Across the Universe is a great movie. a movie she was dying to have...and she never watches it. what a waste.

i've already drawn her a tattoo AND i've tattooed her! so, i'm out of ideas. not really, but now i have to try harder. also, she's making me write a mushy gushy love card for Valentine's Day! i can't do that sh*t. i'm no Billy Shakespeare!

i vowed that the ONLY jewelry i get for a girl is her engagement ring. period.

That's a policy I can respect... but as a girl I'd be disappointed, but that's because I'm a girl that loves girlie things when she's not behaving like a total tomboy!

It's hard to MAKE someone make a mushy love card... you may not be Billy Shakespeare... why not channel Billy Squire... The Stroke has some great lyrics :wink02: I'm teasing of course! If you aren't Shakespeare, why not just draw from his work... there's no shame in that... just make it real though... say what's on your mind...

Perfect example... the Bam and Missy wedding... his vows were NOT very romantic but she loved them, because she loved HIM... and who he was... I'm sure if you write from your heart even if it's... I love to buy you DVD's you don't really watch... she'll hopefully get the love you put into it... even if it's not FANCY overly mushy words!

You're an artist... why not draw her something... of how you feel, instead of words... honestly to this day... one of my favorite gifts my boyfriend has EVER given me in the 4 years we've been dating was our first Christmas, he was flat broke and we chose to make gifts to save money... he drew 2 self portraits of me... I cherish them!!! They cost him nothing but his time, and talent and it means more to me than anything material EVER could!!!

kittenfantastico76
02-10-2009, 11:46 AM

TOUCHDOWN! This made my morning!!! :thumbsup:

touchdownward
02-10-2009, 11:15 PM
TOUCHDOWN! This made my morning!!! :thumbsup:

Your welcome. I've actually done this during an evening of being shown lingerie and hearing "do you like this one or this one or this one", She rolled. :rofl:

Three things you should do EVERY day for your Lady.
Tell her how beautiful you think she is.
Tell her you love her.
And above all, make her laugh.

Steelcitygal87
02-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Your welcome. I've actually done this during an evening of being shown lingerie and hearing "do you like this one or this one or this one", She rolled. :rofl:

Three things you should do EVERY day for your Lady.
Tell her how beautiful you think she is.
Tell her you love her.
And above all, make her laugh.

AMEN! :drink:

MasterOfPuppets
02-11-2009, 12:20 AM

i should just do like dewey and get a giraffe or monkey... :chuckle:you got porn for V-day ??? SWEEEEET.... :laughing:

touchdownward
02-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Have a Happy Valentines Day all you ladies of SF!!! :hug:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qLwp4pYerAQ/R7NfI7Vo53I/AAAAAAAAAWA/F6W3iDathCE/s400/valentines_day_mm.jpg

HometownGal
02-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Awwww, thank you tdw and a Happy Valentines Day to you and all of the guys and gals at SF! :heart:

http://www.myspacegraphicsandanimations.com/images/happyvalentinesday_112.gif

stlrtruck
02-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Well, the manicure and pedicure went over well and since she knows where we are going for dinner, i think I'll be able to sleep next to her in bed tonight - woo hoo!!!!

Steelcitygal87
02-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Have a Happy Valentines Day all you ladies of SF!!! :hug:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qLwp4pYerAQ/R7NfI7Vo53I/AAAAAAAAAWA/F6W3iDathCE/s400/valentines_day_mm.jpg

HometownGal
02-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Well, the manicure and pedicure went over well and since she knows where we are going for dinner, i think I'll be able to sleep next to her in bed tonight - woo hoo!!!!

It's Valentines Day - you shouldn't be "sleeping" in bed tonight! :wink02::chuckle:

I received a beautiful vase of flowers and a box of Godiva chocolates - my fave! :thumbsup: My V Day dinner is going to be on Monday night so as to avoid the huge throngs of people out tonight. I'm thinking Prime Rib at The Georgetown! :yummy: