PDA

View Full Version : Keisel to Ben: "You are the greatest leader I have ever seen."

klick81
02-07-2009, 10:39 AM
In this vid (Ben's winning TD pass to Holmes), you can hear Brett Keisel telling Ben that he is the greatest leader he has ever seen (watch at about 3:19):

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e9419d

When a defensive player pays his quarterback this huge of a compliment, you have to acknowledge that Ben has grown into the quarterback that any franchise would love to call their own.

The Rooney's investment has paid off, and there is no denying that!

AllD
02-07-2009, 11:09 AM
He is just coming into his prime now. Just think if he never got on that Busa'.

Da Steeler Soprano
02-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Next season when someone bad mouths Ben I am gonna punch them in the face.

tony hipchest
02-07-2009, 11:25 AM
just mace them. or pepper spray.

jev7452
02-07-2009, 11:29 AM
nice video! its great when we can see that our team is that united and has that much respect for one another.. GO STEELERS!

lilyoder6
02-07-2009, 11:34 AM
that was so nice of keisal to say... i think it's going to be time where he is going to start calling all of his plays like manning does

Hawkeye
02-07-2009, 12:25 PM
great video -

KeiselPower99
02-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Keisel and Ben are really close friends and I have to agree with Keis. Ben is magic.

MACH1
02-07-2009, 01:07 PM

Tazor works well too. :chuckle:

Muppet13
02-07-2009, 01:26 PM
awesome vid!!

Morgan
02-07-2009, 01:49 PM
I truly believe that fantasy football is to blame for a lot of things, and one of those things is the criticism of a player like 7. He doesn't have "solid fantasy number"... but who CARES? *MY* (football) fantasy has to do with the Steelers winning lots of games, making the playoffs consistently, and winning as many Lombardi trophies as humanly possible in my lifetime. I'm a simple guy. LOL

I'll take a humble, talented leader who doesn't embarrass the team off the field who wins Super Bowls over the flashier numbers guys anytime.

Edman
02-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Yes Santonio. That's how you be great.

Great players make the great play in the big game.

OneForTheToe
02-07-2009, 03:51 PM
just mace them. or pepper spray.

Or Ro-Sham-bo them.

Steelerfreak58
02-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Ben is the premier QB of the league the rest are all going to be playing catch up.

I will live with him and die with him over the rest of his career no matter what happens.

Galax Steeler
02-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Ben is a great leader and he is getting this team behind him that is what it takes to be a contender in the nfl.

SC Steeler Steve
02-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Damn Skippy

Awesome video, thanks for the find and post. My Son and I had a great time watching the disection of these plays and the total comraderie of this amazing SB Champion team.

SC Steeler Steve
02-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Or Ro-Sham-bo them.

Hell yeah... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bill2e
02-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Great Video, Thanks for posting.

Polamalu Princess
02-07-2009, 05:14 PM
I have always been a Ben fan. He is a great QB.

steelerbackr4life
02-07-2009, 06:36 PM
That is awesome to see and hear. Really brings the "band of brothers" saying to lite.I dont care how much credit or props any of them get now from the media or rest of the world. If everyone remains healthy time will show all what we in Steeler Nation already know. This nucleus is compiled of strong, good people! Winners!

X-Terminator
02-07-2009, 06:52 PM
There's one person I know of who probably isn't too happy to hear that about Ben. Someone who went on and on and on about how Leftwich should be the one leading the team into the playoffs, that he isn't getting a fair shake from the team or the fans because he's black and that the Steelers would not win the Super Bowl with Ben at the helm. Damn...I can't remember that guy's name... :chuckle:

Ben is a warrior, Ben is a leader, and most important, Ben is a winner. I'll take him any day of the week and 3 times on Sunday.

jasonhightower
02-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Wow, that video gave me chills... I still don't know how he squeezed that ball in there. I am so grateful for Big Ben.

Texasteel
02-07-2009, 08:12 PM
If either of the Manning boys would have played that kind of game, they would have walked away with the MVP.

devilsdancefloor
02-07-2009, 08:28 PM
I never doubted ben at all he know how to win and that is all that matters you can take your pretty stats and [CENSOR] for all i care!:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

PisnNapalm
02-07-2009, 09:24 PM
He is just coming into his prime now. Just think if he never got on that Busa'.

I actually had this thought a few days ago. I wonder how different things would have been if he'd have never ridden that cycle. Who knows...:noidea:

Dino 6 Rings
02-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Man...we should have traded up and picked Eli or Rivers...

Ben is so mediocre

:flap:

:rofl:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-07-2009, 10:20 PM
I could watch that over and over and over

steelwall
02-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Now with most of the older veterens out of the offense like Bettis and "Fanica" Ben is the unquestioned leader.

I think he held back out of respect for those guys, but taking his team and winning 2 Super Bowls in his still young career, he has gained the respect of the existing older veterens. Not to mention Fanica had a bug up his ass about Ben ever since he toke the job from Fanica's butt buddy Maddox.

This is his team now, and he knows it. He is probably the most humble player out there. Willing to take resopnsibitily for mistakes, but when he has a good game he never takes all the glory, he gives it to his surrounding players.

The kid has class, he's tough as nails, and he is a winner. He is what Steelers football is all about.

NV STEELERS 723
02-07-2009, 11:00 PM
I always said in here ...even after a loss..my money is always on Ben ! He is amazing...Bradshaw won 4, but I bet Ben tops it.

steelfanman
02-08-2009, 02:41 AM
I still get shivers and all nervous when I watch that drive. Even my wife, who gets easily bored when I watch the same old game highlights over and over again, still gets chills whenever I re-watch that drive.

I don't know if there was any doubt in Ben's mind this season about whether the guys really trusted him as a team leader yet (it was only his first year as Captain, and co-captain at that with Hines). But if there was any doubt, next year there will be no doubt...and it is scary to think how good he will be next season knowing his players have their full trust in him. Ray Lewis can run his lip service about how Joe Flacco was their leader all season long, but when I hear Keis say it, I BELIEVE it!

SMR
02-08-2009, 11:21 AM
I truly believe that fantasy football is to blame for a lot of things, and one of those things is the criticism of a player like 7. He doesn't have "solid fantasy number"... but who CARES? *MY* (football) fantasy has to do with the Steelers winning lots of games, making the playoffs consistently, and winning as many Lombardi trophies as humanly possible in my lifetime. I'm a simple guy. LOL

I'll take a humble, talented leader who doesn't embarrass the team off the field who wins Super Bowls over the flashier numbers guys anytime.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Props to you.
:tt03:

markymarc
02-09-2009, 09:23 AM
No question Ben is the leader of this team. That is great kudos Keisel made to Ben. The scary part is the fact that Ben has not hit his "prime" years yet.

steelballs
02-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Ben has been saying it all year..."we're a band of brothers and nobody can come between us"...Ben grew into and proved his leadershjip this year big time!

Benzbrother
02-09-2009, 12:54 PM

X2!

Benzbrother
02-09-2009, 12:56 PM
By the way, seeing that play just straight up gives me chills every time. Thanks for the vid post!

steelerbackr4life
02-09-2009, 08:08 PM
I always said in here ...even after a loss..my money is always on Ben ! He is amazing...Bradshaw won 4, but I bet Ben tops it.

Man, I hope you are right!