PDA

View Full Version : carson palmer changing his tune?

tony hipchest
01-03-2006, 11:16 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9137729/2

For their first playoff appearance in 15 years, the Bengals get to play a familiar foe. Palmer isn't sure whether that's an advantage or not.

"I don't know if it ever helps to play Pittsburgh," he said.

Their fans feel the same way. Pro Bowl offensive tackle Willie Anderson noticed last week that fans at a local restaurant openly fretted about a rematch with the Steelers, who are still smarting from that last loss. On Monday, Anderson urged fans not to panic, and suggested that Pittsburgh was the perfect first-round opponent for a team still proving itself.

"We still need to exorcise some demons," Anderson said. "I still don't think that we put that perception in a lot of people's heads (to rest) in one year's time. Pittsburgh is a team that we needed to play. This is traditionally, year-in and year-out, the biggest and baddest and toughest team in football. If we're going to get over the hump, I think it needs to be Pittsburgh."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and mid season he was so convinced they were the better team. atleast willie anderson knows who the biggest, baddest and toughest team in football is. maybe carson is waking up. :cool:

bengalsfan21
01-03-2006, 11:19 AM
No Bengals fan is exactly thrilled about playing the Steelers, but the true fans don't expect a super bowl only a playoff game maybe even 2................In my honost opinion the Steelers should win but it does not change my excitement of making the playoffs.

WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
01-03-2006, 12:07 PM
No Bengals fan is exactly thrilled about playing the Steelers, but the true fans don't expect a super bowl only a playoff game maybe even 2................In my honost opinion the Steelers should win but it does not change my excitement of making the playoffs.

WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you all have something to be proud of, and this season definitely can be looked at as a huge accomlishment being how far the team has come, regardless of what happens on sunday. and it sure beats being a browns or raven fan. if the bengals were, by some slim chance or fluke, to advance in the playoffs i would probably have to pull for them if they met up with the patriots or broncos

SteelerDan43
01-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Cincy not being thrilled about seeing us again in the playoffs is alot like if NE would of won and we would have had to go to the razor to play. Im sure Cincy is still confident but would still prefer to be playing the Jags.

Brady12
01-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Well according to Bill Parcells, it's better to play a team you know, because you don't know a team you don't play every year as well. This after his team couldn't beat Kansas City.

Steel - X
01-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Well according to Bill Parcells, it's better to play a team you know, because you don't know a team you don't play every year as well. This after his team couldn't beat Kansas City.

That qoute is almost like the famous JAson Kidd I am going to turn this team around 360 degrees quote.

The Bengals have made people open there eyes for the future thats for sure. GL this week!

tony hipchest
01-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Well according to Bill Parcells, it's better to play a team you know, because you don't know a team you don't play every year as well. This after his team couldn't beat Kansas City. bill parcells or belichick? the cowboys beat k.c. (thanks again)

Steel - X
01-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Quality post not quantity!

clevestinks
01-03-2006, 02:17 PM
This season I don`t know who I would rather play. These six teams in the AFC seem more evenly matched than past years. We should all get to play an NFC team this weekend and elminate them all!

Steel - X
01-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Thats not a bad idea cleve........ I will make some phone calls... ahh crap I have no pull.

BB2W
01-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Palmer was on the Dan Patrick show on ESPN radio today and he asked him what was a bigger lock? USC over Texas, or the Bengals over the Steelers... he said USC. He also said that he doesn'y like to talk like that, and he will leave the guarantees up to Chad Johnson.

clevestinks
01-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Its on! Regardless of whether they talk or not. Its five days away! Palmer is a smart kid, he knows we have enough riding onthis game, why give more!

augustashark
01-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Listen Bengal fans, you guys should be very excited about the future...Win or lose this weekend...Baby steps...I think back to late eighties when Noll was on his last leg and some of the heartache we had...But cowher came in and we made the playoffs in 92...Lost to the Bills but gave all of us fans hope....

Good luck Bengal fans.

JerseySTEEL
01-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Palmer is scared hehe, his 98 millon dollar contract is a joke he's no peyton and the Bengals just prove they are still the bungles. :cool:

CantStop85
01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Palmer is scared hehe, his 98 millon dollar contract is a joke he's no peyton and the Bengals just prove they are still the bungles. :cool:
Yeah, he's no Peyton...he's more like Marino. :grin:

tony hipchest
01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
he's more like Marino. :grin:hey man your sense of humor is getting out of control. carsons not from pittsburgh. :grin:

western pa- qb capitol of the world. :cool: (you dont even have to be born there, just ask ben and terry)

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 08:01 AM
There are 30 other teams Cincy would rather face Sunday than the Steelers...

83-Steelers-43
01-04-2006, 12:16 PM
I personally like this bulletin board material courtesy of Carson Palmer...

“We went toe-to-toe with supposedly one of the best teams in the league."

Supposedly? Keep it up Carson. Keep it up.

BB2W
01-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Carson giving Polamalu some props...

"In my eyes, he's the best defensive player in the league," Palmer said of Polamalu, his good friend and former teammate at USC. "I asked him after that play, 'What happened?' He said he just guessed and ran there.

"That's what Troy does. He has a great, natural feel for the game. He's a good enough player to go out of coverage and do things that you're characteristically not supposed to do on defense. (He) makes plays off of hunches that he has. He understands offenses and that play was just a product of him having a hunch of what play was coming and almost making a great play.

"He's a phenomenal player."

link-----> http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/s_410428.html

augustashark
01-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Yea, his ass was puckered when he let go of that ball.....That would have turned the hole game....Best thing is we can make up for that on Sunday....

Good find BB2W.

CantStop85
01-05-2006, 05:49 PM
There are 30 other teams Cincy would rather face Sunday than the Steelers...
29...I would rather face the steelers than the chiefs again.

Suitanim
01-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Good point...a *****slapping like that's gonna leave a mark for awhile...