PDA

View Full Version : Ladies..Top 5 qualities you find attractive in a man..

Steelcitygal87
02-07-2009, 05:27 PM
List the top 5 qualities that you find most appealing/attractive in a man:

1. Kind, caring heart
2. Gentle spirit
3. Trustworthy
4. Sense of humor
5. Real/true to who he is...(doesn't pretend to be someone he's not)

SteelCityMom
02-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Well besides being initially physically attracted, the qualities that I always looked for (and eventually found) in a man are:

1. Humor - I have to be able to have fun with someone and laugh with them to be attracted to them, this is a requirement for friendships as well for me.
2. Honesty - This shouldn't need explanation, it's key for any close relationship.
3. Dignity - I need someone to be proud of themselves (though not to the point of delusions of grandeur) and take pride in the things they do each day.
4. Independence - I need someone to have ideas and feelings of their own, nothing ever annoyed me more than someone being a pushover. Speak your mind and mean it.
5. Respectful - Being respectful to yourself and others around you are extremely important to me, and I don't think I could ever be with someone who treated people like doormats or was blatantly ignorant to others.

Cooking for me every now and then never hurt either!

PisnNapalm
02-07-2009, 09:49 PM
1. Size 13 shoes.

Sorry.... couldn't resist. I'm a cad.

steelergirl07
02-08-2009, 03:38 AM
Besides the first initial attraction stuff...

1. Sense of humor
2. The ability to not be threatened by my love for the Steelers
3. Trusting
4. Passion
5. Patient (they need to be with me)

Steelcitygal87
02-08-2009, 06:02 AM

1. Sense of humor
3. Trusting
4. Passion

#5 Would also be needed in dealing with me lol.

Seriously speaking, I think patience is required in any relationship. I don't want to be with someone who is going to jump ship at the first sign of rough waters, but rather someone who is willing to be patience and work together as a team...loving and accepting me for who I am...imperfections and all.

Steelcitygal87
02-08-2009, 06:15 AM
Well besides being initially physically attracted, the qualities that I always looked for (and eventually found) in a man are:

1. Humor - I have to be able to have fun with someone and laugh with them to be attracted to them, this is a requirement for friendships as well for me.
2. Honesty - This shouldn't need explanation, it's key for any close relationship.
3. Dignity - I need someone to be proud of themselves (though not to the point of delusions of grandeur) and take pride in the things they do each day.
4. Independence - I need someone to have ideas and feelings of their own, nothing ever annoyed me more than someone being a pushover. Speak your mind and mean it.
5. Respectful - Being respectful to yourself and others around you are extremely important to me, and I don't think I could ever be with someone who treated people like doormats or was blatantly ignorant to others.

#4...AMEN. I understand what you are saying. I want a man who thinks for himself, and doesn't just echo what others around him are saying. Someone who doesn't just say what he thinks others want to hear, but speaks his mind, even if it does go against the grain. I want to know what is in HIS heart...what his thoughts, and ideas are. A man who stands firm for what he believes in, even if everyone around him disagrees and tells him he is wrong.

I notice it a lot on these boards, some people will pretty much say what the others are saying(even if they don't necessary believe it to be true), because they don't want to be different. They don't like getting jumped on for having a thought that might not be the popular one.

xfl2001fan
02-08-2009, 08:22 AM

Do delusions of adequacy count in that equation too?

AllD
02-08-2009, 09:27 AM
We need some pics of the girls to see how much creedence this thread actually holds. Being a female Steeler fan is not an automatic, although it does substitute for other character flaws.

SC Steeler Steve
02-08-2009, 09:36 AM
List the top 5 qualities that you find most appealing/attractive in a man:

1. Kind, caring heart
2. Gentle spirit
3. Trustworthy
4. Sense of humor
5. Real/true to who he is...(doesn't pretend to be someone he's not)
I've got you covered

I've got you covered too.
1. Size 13 shoes.

Sorry.... couldn't resist. I'm a cad.
I have this down also, and I have big hands... :coffee:

1. Sense of humor
3. Trusting
4. Passion

Covered.

Damn, you girls are easy to please. And dont worry Gals, there is enough of me to go around... :chuckle::thumbsup::drink:

Steelcitygal87
02-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Men, go back to your man caves and do whatever it is you do there:flap:. This is a thread for LADIES ONLY.

SteelCityMom:
I need someone to be proud of themselves (though not to the point of delusions of grandeur)

"And dont worry Gals, there is enough of me to go around"...

LOL...SC Steeler Steve...guess ya don't have that one covered...do ya? :flap:

SC Steeler Steve
02-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Men, go back to your man caves and do whatever it is you do there:flap:. This is a thread for LADIES ONLY.

SteelCityMom:
I need someone to be proud of themselves (though not to the point of delusions of grandeur)

"And dont worry Gals, there is enough of me to go around"...

LOL...SC Steeler Steve...guess ya don't have that one covered...do ya? :flap:

LOL :laughing:

kittenfantastico76
02-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Well all physical attraction aside.. I have to say

1. SENSE OF HUMOR, if you take yourself too seriously and can't make me laugh... it won't work. I am an absolute goofball... and I only behave like a lady when it counts... otherwise I burp, swear, drink beer , tell fart jokes (or worse) and watch football... if I'm with my girls I try to behave... for the most part.

2. BE YOURSELF: Someone that is true to themselves, I agree I can't be with someone that's constantly trying to be something they're not.

3. CARING & SENSITIVE: but not OVERLY sensitive, if that makes sense. I like a mans man, but at the same time I don't want him to be too tough to care, or show it.

4. HONEST & TRUST WORTHY, I won't stay with someone I can't trust and I don't want to be with someone that feels they can't be honest with me. If there is no trust, there is NO relationship.

5. INDEPENDENT & INTELLEGENT - I agree, I need someone that can bring things to the table. I don't want to date my twin, and I don't want to get stuck in a same ole' same ole'. I need some one as well that will challenge me mentally as well as emotionally, or I'll get bored. Looks fade, I need the above things to feel good about us and I would hope a guy would feel the same.

Lastly... someone that can be faithful is very important too... like, duh. :wink02:

Steelcitygal87
02-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Well all physical attraction aside.. I have to say

1. SENSE OF HUMOR, if you take yourself too seriously and can't make me laugh... it won't work. I am an absolute goofball... and I only behave like a lady when it counts... otherwise I burp, swear, drink beer , tell fart jokes (or worse) and watch football... if I'm with my girls I try to behave... for the most part.

2. BE YOURSELF: Someone that is true to themselves, I agree I can't be with someone that's constantly trying to be something they're not.

3. CARING & SENSITIVE: but not OVERLY sensitive, if that makes sense. I like a mans man, but at the same time I don't want him to be too tough to care, or show it.

4. HONEST & TRUST WORTHY, I won't stay with someone I can't trust and I don't want to be with someone that feels they can't be honest with me. If there is no trust, there is NO relationship.

5. INDEPENDENT & INTELLEGENT - I agree, I need someone that can bring things to the table. I don't want to date my twin, and I don't want to get stuck in a same ole' same ole'. I need some one as well that will challenge me mentally as well as emotionally, or I'll get bored. Looks fade, I need the above things to feel good about us and I would hope a guy would feel the same.

Lastly... someone that can be faithful is very important too... like, duh. :wink02:

#4....That one is on my list as well. It got me to thinking....... I see so much lying, deceit, sneakiness, and using and abusing of people mentality going on all around me that I have to wonder....can anyone truly be trusted? It is difficult to really know who is trustworthy and who is not. Seems as though qualities like honesty and sincerity are hard to come by in people anymore. Maybe I am speaking from personal experience....don't know......just makes me wonder.

PAMillerGrrl83
02-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Ohhh I like this thread.

1. Sense of himself. *He knows who he is and what he wants in life*

2. Sense of humor. *He's gotta be able to make me laugh.*

3. Sensitive and Gentle. *But again not to the point where their....girly*

4. Honest *I cant stand a liar*

5. Must love kids. *A man with a baby is sexy to me*

And.................they cant be dog ugly LoL.

TailgateMel
02-08-2009, 10:55 PM
1. Responsible
2. Considerate/Caring
3. Sense of Humor
4. Intelligence
5. Clean

kittenfantastico76
02-09-2009, 11:02 AM
#4....That one is on my list as well. It got me to thinking....... I see so much lying, deceit, sneakiness, and using and abusing of people mentality going on all around me that I have to wonder....can anyone truly be trusted? It is difficult to really know who is trustworthy and who is not. Seems as though qualities like honesty and sincerity are hard to come by in people anymore. Maybe I am speaking from personal experience....don't know......just makes me wonder.

I've been on both sides of the fence... the cheated on and the cheater... neither is fun... it requires too much work, and too much drama... it's better to be open, honest and trust worthy!!! I'm not proud of bad things I've done in the past but I learned 10 fold from them and NEVER will I be in those shoes again, or be in the shoes of the girl that takes a guy back after doing things like that to me - I did that for too long when I was younger... and as it's said ... I'm gettin' too old for this shizz!

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Ladies...I promise this is not a thread hijack. I was just very impressed that most of you ladies were looking at inate qualities when saying what you found "attractive"...

Just wanted to pass on to you something that I worked on with my 15 year old son to guide him to true "Manhood"

Using Robert Lewis's book on "Authentic Manhood" I have sat down and explained to my son that he doesnt need to follow what our "culture" describes as being a man. But rather needs to follow basic ideas including:

A Vision for Manhood - Which include four manhood principles: Real men.... (1) reject passivity, (2) accept responsibility, (3) lead courageously, and (4) expect the greater reward. ...that although men have a natural inborn aggressiveness, We tend to become passive at home and avoid social responsibility. These principles, if followed, prevent passivity from becoming a significant problem.

A Code of Conduct - Which include.... loyalty, kindness, humility, servant- leadership, honesty, self-discipline, excellence, integrity, and perseverance. and that through this conduct....1) True satisfaction in life becomes directly proportionate to one's obedience to his faith and belief system. In this context, moral boundaries take on a whole new perspective: they become benefits, not burdens.... 2) He has a work to do in this life that is in keeping with his inner design and the way he was made. ...3) He will have a woman to love...a basis requiring that all women be treated with respect and honor. Sons need to see and hear from their fathers the importance of caring for women in general and loving, leading, and honoring their wives in particular.

A Transcendent Cause -- Life is ultimately unsatisfying if it is lived solely for yourself.... if you live for a cause greater than yourself, you'll be happy and fulfilled. A transcendent cause is a cause that a person believes is truly heroic (a noble endeavor calling for courage and sacrifice), timeless (has significance beyond the moment), and is supremely meaningful (not futile).

Just thought I would share how the thoughts in this thread lead me to belive he is on the right path!!:thumbsup:

Steelcitygal87
02-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Ladies...I promise this is not a thread hijack. I was just very impressed that most of you ladies were looking at inate qualities when saying what you found "attractive"...

Just wanted to pass on to you something that I worked on with my 15 year old son to guide him to true "Manhood"

Using Robert Lewis's book on "Authentic Manhood" I have sat down and explained to my son that he doesnt need to follow what our "culture" describes as being a man. But rather needs to follow basic ideas including:

A Vision for Manhood - Which include four manhood principles: Real men.... (1) reject passivity, (2) accept responsibility, (3) lead courageously, and (4) expect the greater reward. ...that although men have a natural inborn aggressiveness, We tend to become passive at home and avoid social responsibility. These principles, if followed, prevent passivity from becoming a significant problem.

A Code of Conduct - Which include.... loyalty, kindness, humility, servant- leadership, honesty, self-discipline, excellence, integrity, and perseverance. and that through this conduct....1) True satisfaction in life becomes directly proportionate to one's obedience to his faith and belief system. In this context, moral boundaries take on a whole new perspective: they become benefits, not burdens.... 2) He has a work to do in this life that is in keeping with his inner design and the way he was made. ...3) He will have a woman to love...a basis requiring that all women be treated with respect and honor. Sons need to see and hear from their fathers the importance of caring for women in general and loving, leading, and honoring their wives in particular.

A Transcendent Cause -- Life is ultimately unsatisfying if it is lived solely for yourself.... if you live for a cause greater than yourself, you'll be happy and fulfilled. A transcendent cause is a cause that a person believes is truly heroic (a noble endeavor calling for courage and sacrifice), timeless (has significance beyond the moment), and is supremely meaningful (not futile).

Just thought I would share how the thoughts in this thread lead me to belive he is on the right path!!:thumbsup:

AMEN! As my favorite essayist...Ralph Waldo Emerson(leader of the Transcendentalist movement) put it ..."It is one of the beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself… Serve and thou shall be served."

You are indeed teaching him well :thumbsup::drink:

kittenfantastico76
02-09-2009, 01:20 PM

Absolutely excellent! The world needs more men like you teaching boys what it TAKES and means to be one! :thumbsup:

Steelcitygal87
02-09-2009, 07:06 PM
I would add another one.....

I like a man who is willing to admit when he is wrong(and yes guys it does happen from time to time lol)..Someone who is not so prideful that he can't acknowledge when the other person is right or might have a better idea or way of doing/handling a situation or problem that may arise. A man who doesn't always have to have things go his way, but is willing to compromise.