PDA

View Full Version : UNC Tar-Heel Football Coming To Life

steelerdave1969
02-08-2009, 12:43 PM
I am here to tell ya that Butch Davis knows what he is doing when it comes to recruting some of the best talent in the country to a little known team like the Tar-Heels football team. The Tar-Heels have not had a top notch coach since Mack Brown left for Texas quiet a few years back. And now with a very strong recruiting class from last season and one again this season for '09 the Heels are headed in the right direction. According to Scouts Inc the Heels have the #6 class in country.
Looks as if the Tar-Heels Basketball teams men/women are not the only ones that will be beating on the Clemson Tigers... Tar-Heel Football Is Coming To A Town Near You!!!

revefsreleets
02-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Problem is Davis is a better recruiter than a coach. He'll have trouble when he runs up agaisnt teams that have = or > talent outside the ACC.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I think Davis is good for the college game. He may never be able to build that program up to compete with the LSU, Florida, Oklahoma's of the game....but they will at least compete with those teams.

atlsteelers
02-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Problem is Davis is a better recruiter than a coach. He'll have trouble when he runs up agaisnt teams that have = or > talent outside the ACC.

i think you are getting davis confused with the coach that wears the sweater vest.

revefsreleets
02-09-2009, 06:38 PM
He's been a 1-A coach for 8 years. He has 3 NCG appearances and one national championship at that level.

It's fine to hate and disrespect the man and his accomplishments, but let's not be foolishly dismissive here, okay?

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-09-2009, 06:41 PM
He's been a 1-A coach for 8 years. He has 3 NCG appearances and one national championship at that level.

It's fine to hate and disrespect the man and his accomplishments, but let's not be foolishly dismissive here, okay?
As much as I want to hack on the sweater vest..........could always be worse. He could be Rich Rod. :doh:

revefsreleets
02-09-2009, 07:16 PM
The Buckeyes are perennial top 10 now, pre or post season or both. They're an NFL factory. The graduation rate has gone up. GPA has improved. Clarett was a HUGE misstep, but they've been almost squeaky clean since.

It's not the Bucks fault that the Big Ten has slipped. The Buckeyes remind me a little of FSU when the ACC only had 110 teams in it, and not the current 317. The Seminoles had like 2 tough games a year, and if they won them, they were in the NCG.

The Bucks DO play a super tough OOC game every year when almost everyone else refuses, so +1 for them.

Anyway, kudos to Butch for what he's doing down there in Chapel Hill.

atlsteelers
02-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I think Davis is a better coach than the sweater vest.

Davis won big at the U. He stunk at cleveland but a bunch of college coaches can not hack it in the league.

so i just thought your better recruiter than coach comment i was a little off.

Davis is a great recruiter but he can coach too.

I respect the OSU program but other schools do have some good things going on too.

revefsreleets
02-10-2009, 09:56 AM
I'd expect nothing less from you..

steelerdave1969
02-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I think Davis is a better coach than the sweater vest.

Davis won big at the U. He stunk at cleveland but a bunch of college coaches can not hack it in the league.

so i just thought your better recruiter than coach comment i was a little off.

Davis is a great recruiter but he can coach too.

I respect the OSU program but other schools do have some good things going on too.

First of all, all the Ohio State Buckeyes fans should get on their knees and kiss the officials hineys for their win over the Canes in the national tittle game a few years back, because they gave that game to the Buckeyes for sure. I think coach Tresell is one of the nations top coaches for sure and the Buckeyes are th toast of your Big One for right now, because there is no good teams in that conference other than the Buckeyes.

I love what coach Davis is doing at Carolina with very little known players until this signing period for the Heels. I think the Tar-Heels should definitely be a top 20 team this season and give a couple 3 more years this Tar-Heels team could be top 10. Just my opinions, so everyone can give theirs as well.. doesnt mean we have to agree, but can atleast agree to disagree..

revefsreleets
02-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Ah! Conspiracy! The Fix was in!!!

Please. That's as stupid as saying the Steelers stole their super bowls.

steelerdave1969
04-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Obviously as stupid as you are... anyone that can watch that game in all honesty can see that there were about 3 or 4 very bad calls going against the Canes. Pass Interference was the biggest bogus call that has ever been and even the announcers were very much so questioning the call... so dont be calling anyone stupid without indisputed evidence.

revefsreleets
04-09-2009, 09:26 AM
See, that's the interesting thing about amateurs arguing on the internet. YOU attack me after I call your argument stupid.

I say: "Stupid argument" (And it is...blaming the officials is NOT a valid argument)
You say: "You're stupid"

The difference is I'm attacking the argument and you are attacking me.

But it hardly matters, as they are not about to strip the Steelers Super Bowl titles or the Buckeyes title based on crybaby "The refs cheated" arguments. Good teams overcome bad calls, and there weren't even that bad of calls in any of the games in the first place.

If you want to continue whing about officiating, you should join the Seahawks MB. Or start here...do you want to end up sounding like these pussies?
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35041

paw-n-maul-u
05-04-2009, 06:08 AM
Sorry UNC ...

In the ACC for basketball there is UNC, Duke nipping at the heels, and everyone else.

In the ACC for football it is Virginia Tech, some obscure BC or GT team nipping at the heels, and everyone else.

sure UNC is getting talent, but Miam and FSU have both brough in top-10 quality draft classes consecutive years now. Both those programs are about to turn a corner and reestablish themselves as a force to be reckoned with in the ACC ... then there are Clemson, Wake, BC, GT who all have potential on there team.

UNC has Zero chance winning the ACC, not for atleast the next two years while Tyrod Taylor and the Hokies D punish everyone in their path. And by that time, the conference is going to be much too competative, plain and simple.

ricksteelers55
09-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Hey I have a question for UNC fans here...do you guys have the feeling that RB Ryan Houston will declare for the draft next year or will he play his senior year ?

He looks like a smaller Brandon Jacobs to me what I've seen...I wouldnt mind seing that kid in black and gold

Steeler in Carolina
09-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Georgia Tech likes playing NC.